Login

russian armor

Rifle Company need to be rework

25 Sep 2018, 00:50 AM

The commander doesn't need much to change to make it better.

The E8 is fine in my opinion, any buff would probably need to come with a nerf so it's best to keep it as it is.

Flame for echelon troops is fine as they help early game especially to clear out garrisons.

White phosphorus barrage is a great deterrent and is devastating to infantry.

Only two abilities that need fixing is fire up and flairs.

As already suggested, combining fire up with flairs (also being 45 muni, would raver spend on upgrades even through most flairs on the game cost around this much) and removing its debuff would be a great start.

In the empty spot riflemen field defences would suit the commander quite well.

With this small change would really give the commander a boost.

p.s now calvary riflemen are in the game it's kind of odd that they are not in this commander, just my opinion.

25 Sep 2018, 13:32 PM

Seeing the stats of the Pz4 vs the EZ8 makes me a bit sad. Yeah the fuel costs are comparable, but the Pz4 is non-doctrinal and the EZ8 is only slightly better than a Pz4.

I don't like the usual arguement where allied armor is cheaper, thefore its fine for it to be worse. I'd rather pay MORE fro my Ez8 and see it perform better vs tanks than have a cheaper tank that often so okay, or loses but hey, I can buy a 2nd one faster! .... which I might need because it's going to lose? and then it has to fight a vetted tank with 30% more armor.. and.. yeah.. HVAP will be great tho.

I just hate this constant cheaper allied armor vs more expensive german armor and the outcome being that, while you have to wait an extra minute for a better tank the value is so there.

Like, this game could break if the Americans had a Panther, the combination of an amazing AT w/ high armor and HP in the USF would put them on top for sure, so that can never happen. But as a doctrinal call in tank, it would be great to see something between a Pz4/Panther that can push off all other mediums reliably, not with a small margin, but larger...

You want that P4 to be like, ah fuck that's an easy 8! I better tech to tier 4 to get Panthers out or make sure my Pak is nearby!

But as OST/OKW you want to crush that EZ8 w/ good tactics, a Panther, etc. I mean honestly a big part of the thrill of playing allies had always been using cheap, shitty vehicles to take down titans.

Why can't the axis get this feeling? the EZ8 could be a nice threat to Medium armor, while not being great vs high armor (thats the jacksons job).

There's already a Sherman, and a new Sherman.. and a Wovlerine refit... it makes the EZ8 sit in a very weird spot to just be another Sherman w/ slightly better stats. Also don't forget, a vetted P4 has arguable better stats, the Blitz can make its RoF go up, the armor skirts make it harder to kill.. yadda yadda.

I think having Fire up be cheaper, while still having a penalty would be worth it. My arguement for that is while OST has no penalty for their units when they sprint, the majority of them will be Grenadiers running around. Americans will be flanking w/ fire up, and likely nading weapon teams to death. Being able to do that, while having no downside would kind of be OP. OST largely have rifle nades, so they dont need to do that to wipe teams, or they'll flank and burst you down, too close to rifle nade.. The cooldown though for Fire Up shouldnt be that long, a debuff of maybe 10 seconds max? We could even remove the penalty of exhaustion and just let the units take more damage as they carelessly charge forward, that could make for some interesting sacrifice/risk/reward.
25 Sep 2018, 17:25 PM

If there were other commanders with RE flamers they would be chosen instantly over this commander.

The problem is that the commander's name is Rifle Company, and REs are not Riflemen, they're a cheap 200 manpower builder/reserve sort of squad, and so their flamethrower doesn't really fit for a commander that's not meant to be in their support if that makes sense.

With that said, I'm not saying that the ability is bad or anything, all I'm saying is that it's out of place for the commander's theme.

That's why I suggested that the M1919A6 weapon rack unlock replace it instead, since it would serve to benefit all of your infantry units, not just RE or Rifles per se.

Apart from that there's the Assault Engineers which are 5 man now and still have their flamethrower, plus the entire Armor Company is getting a rework so it would be a much better pick for Urban maps if you ask me.

I'd still wish for a Sherman Crocodile tho, I know it would come out later than infantry flamethrowers but still, like you said, it would be good for Urban maps, especially if it can switch it's fire mode like the KV8, I'd go as far as to say that even an OT-34 would be welcome in the same sense.
25 Sep 2018, 17:30 PM

The problem is that the commander's name is Rifle Company, and REs are not Riflemen, they're a cheap 200 manpower builder/reserve sort of squad, and so their flamethrower doesn't really fit for a commander that's not meant to be in their support if that makes sense.

+1
25 Sep 2018, 17:38 PM

So change the name from rifle company to infantry company.
25 Sep 2018, 18:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2018, 17:38 PMKatitof
So change the name from rifle company to infantry company.

The original role was flamers on rifles, improving rifles not RE's or other inf. He has a point trying to rebuild the original theme of the doctrine
25 Sep 2018, 18:05 PM

I know what the original theme was.

But hardly any touched doctrine sticks to its original theme since community mods do the balance.
26 Sep 2018, 00:05 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2018, 18:05 PMKatitof
I know what the original theme was.

But hardly any touched doctrine sticks to its original theme since community mods do the balance.

Swap lmgs from infantry with flames from rifle?
26 Sep 2018, 02:02 AM

Swap lmgs from infantry with flames from rifle?

LMGs make way more sense on infantry and flamers make way more sense on rifle IMO. Rifle is more mobile and aggressive while infantry is more focused on holding the line and pounding the enemy with indirect. Infantry is actually a very well designed commander that needs no tweaks in the current state of the game IMO. Rifle needs better/more abilities; 2 slots being taken up by overpriced flares and a shitty version of sprint is very underwhelming, especially in a faction that practically relies on commanders for half its army composition and strategy.
26 Sep 2018, 02:29 AM

So remove e8 to mechanized. And reintroduce vet rifleman(with initial cooldown or 1cp, maybe able to upgrade some addtional weapons after unlock officers)
flares can be combined with forward observation(increase inf sight when stationary for old recon company) for 1 slot, maybe also make all officers able to call art strikes also.

26 Sep 2018, 16:20 PM

E8 still struggles to pen OKW p4 and OKW p4 is stock unit and dotn forget the support cuz normally E8 wants to go aggresive vs P4 and as OKW raketens mines snare waits you

Except that the stats prove EZ8 is massively superior in terms of penetration, has super high moving accuracy, and takes 5 tank shots to kill vs 4 tank shots to kill a p4. But yeah sure, you can let your bad play convince you of a different story.

Don't forget vehicle crew self-repairs as an advantage as well - the repair burden in the late game can get really bad for non-USF factions.
26 Sep 2018, 17:09 PM

Except that the stats prove EZ8 is massively superior in terms of penetration, has super high moving accuracy, and takes 5 tank shots to kill vs 4 tank shots to kill a p4. But yeah sure, you can let your bad play convince you of a different story.

Don't forget vehicle crew self-repairs as an advantage as well - the repair burden in the late game can get really bad for non-USF factions.

It's only a burden to the UKF if they go Churchill heavy and the Ostheer.

UKF because Churchills have a huge health pool and take time to repair even for Heavy Sappers and Ostheer have only their Pioneers being able to repair.

Soviets on the other hand have 4 doctrinal ways to repair in most of their commanders.

OKW has their Sturmpioneers and Mech HQ.
26 Sep 2018, 18:21 PM

Peeps, stop trying to remove the EZ8 from this doctrine plz. It's one of the only reasons to choose this doctrine and it's not a bad tank by a long shot. It's pretty much on par with an OKW P4 and maybe even slightly better.

I would actually like to see some kind of call in with this commander or Rifleman Defenses. If combining the sprint and flare into one ability while decreasing the costs of flares, it'll become a fine ability.

I suggest for rifle company to get a 50 cal airdrop after flares free up the slot.

My reasoning? Rifle Companies are historically as much support weapons as riflemen spam. There's already another version of the AT gun drop from Recon company and having another 50cal airdrop will help somewhat with the weird teching of USF.

Not very hard to implement and doesn't break the theme of Rifle Company.
26 Sep 2018, 19:07 PM

You know what i hate kids like you thinkign they are good E8 is a COMMADNER UNIT it should be like COMET it underperformes for a commander unit that gives you flamer throwers and loses smoke and when EVER you want 1v1
26 Sep 2018, 20:27 PM

Peeps, stop trying to remove the EZ8 from this doctrine plz. It's one of the only reasons to choose this doctrine and it's not a bad tank by a long shot. It's pretty much on par with an OKW P4 and maybe even slightly better.

I would actually like to see some kind of call in with this commander or Rifleman Defenses. If combining the sprint and flare into one ability while decreasing the costs of flares, it'll become a fine ability.

I suggest for rifle company to get a 50 cal airdrop after flares free up the slot.

My reasoning? Rifle Companies are historically as much support weapons as riflemen spam. There's already another version of the AT gun drop from Recon company and having another 50cal airdrop will help somewhat with the weird teching of USF.

Not very hard to implement and doesn't break the theme of Rifle Company.

Agreed about the E8 sadly, it's the only reason why anybody would bother with the commander.

As for your .50 cal idea, I don't see a reason why not just put in the M1919A6 weapon rack unlock then, Riflemen would probably benefit more from it than having the Airborne's .50 cal drop which doesn't make sense for the commander's theme. Riflemen are ground troops, the only help from the skies they should be receiving is either Close Air Support from the birds in the skies or some supply crates I believe.

Maybe instead of replacing the RE flamethrowers they can be combined into one ability?
26 Sep 2018, 22:08 PM

Again, LMGs don’t really fit the commander as it’s supposed to be aggressive and mobile.

Maybe give them the M5 callin from tactical support? That seems to be he only unit that would actually do anything for the theme of this commander.

Flares should also be looked at; they are a little expensive and aren’t that useful on an infantry focused faction that needs to put single then double BARs on all its squads in a company where infantry are even more so the main focus. Soviets can deal with the cost because they don’t need so many weapons upgrades.
26 Sep 2018, 22:51 PM

Again, LMGs don’t really fit the commander as it’s supposed to be aggressive and mobile.

Maybe give them the M5 callin from tactical support? That seems to be he only unit that would actually do anything for the theme of this commander.

Flares should also be looked at; they are a little expensive and aren’t that useful on an infantry focused faction that needs to put single then double BARs on all its squads in a company where infantry are even more so the main focus. Soviets can deal with the cost because they don’t need so many weapons upgrades.

My suggestion for the M1919A6s is because Riflemen would benefit from it and it would be better than an MG drop in my opinion.

But yeah I guess the M5 would be a nice alternative as well.
27 Sep 2018, 15:23 PM

You know what i hate kids like you thinkign they are good E8 is a COMMADNER UNIT it should be like COMET it underperformes for a commander unit that gives you flamer throwers and loses smoke and when EVER you want 1v1

You seem to have some ridiculous notion that being in a commander means the unit NEEDs to be OP. The EZ8 is already a good tank, and the only reason your EZ8s under-perform is because YOU UNDER-PERFORM. Basically, you're bad at this game, and balance patches won't fix that.

Your balance opinion is basically worthless anyway. You will lose no matter what tank we give you, and you're going to blame it on the other side being OP, each and every time. You're consistently getting whooped despite using a statistically superior unit, and that just means you're bad at this game. An EZ8 losing in a tank fight vs a P4 is hilarious.

An EZ8 in a long range fight with a P4 needs an average of 39 seconds to kill the P4.
The P4 needs an average of 55 seconds to kill the EZ8. (41% longer time taken)

In a close range fight it's 34 seconds for the EZ8 to kill P4, but P4 needs 48 seconds to kill EZ8. (P4 needs 42% longer time to kill EZ8)

This is without even considering that the EZ8 has superb moving acc and the P4 gets a 50% penalty.

Tldr; l2p.
27 Sep 2018, 16:49 PM

You seem to have some ridiculous notion that being in a commander means the unit NEEDs to be OP. The EZ8 is already a good tank, and the only reason your EZ8s under-perform is because YOU UNDER-PERFORM. Basically, you're bad at this game, and balance patches won't fix that.

Your balance opinion is basically worthless anyway. You will lose no matter what tank we give you, and you're going to blame it on the other side being OP, each and every time. You're consistently getting whooped despite using a statistically superior unit, and that just means you're bad at this game. An EZ8 losing in a tank fight vs a P4 is hilarious.

An EZ8 in a long range fight with a P4 needs an average of 39 seconds to kill the P4.
The P4 needs an average of 55 seconds to kill the EZ8. (41% longer time taken)

In a close range fight it's 34 seconds for the EZ8 to kill P4, but P4 needs 48 seconds to kill EZ8. (P4 needs 42% longer time to kill EZ8)

This is without even considering that the EZ8 has superb moving acc and the P4 gets a 50% penalty.

Tldr; l2p.
CUZ IT HAS GOOD ACCURANCE DOESNT MEAN IT CAN KILL Have you seen its AOE quess not 10 year old go to school then come home and see the coh2 stats from what you say i wont even try to talk with you about E8 you are not worth it
27 Sep 2018, 20:13 PM

Easy there guys no need to rage over the EZ8.

On the topic of the 50.cal, it just makes sense to me more over the M19 rack unlocks because of the Rack unlock changes rifle play to be medium range and very static. Having the 50 would not only let you skip over LT but also let the Rifles keep mobile with Bars with good support. There's also a lack of active abilities in the doctrine Imo and having the LMG rack or the rifle defenses would be just more fun than more passives.

Half-track seems like a good idea thou, rifles always needed halftracks to move. Now it's just the question of the M3 or the M5. :0
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★