Login

russian armor

Universal Carrier vs Volks

23 Sep 2018, 15:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Sep 2018, 10:08 AMLago

Of course the UC can kill infantry. That's literally what it's for.

Then why it shouldn't be able to finish off/kill infantry units?

UC can't really wipe infantry unless you mess up and if you do it's on you not the UC.

Even if you do not completely wipe the enemy squad,you will bleed it and over the time you will cause more damage to him than your UC is worth.

You have to pick your fights, retreat if needed not to suffer any bleed.

And there is the problem. While Küble is easily damagable due rifle fire the UC can take quite a lot of damage and thus you won't be able to fight him. So you either need to fall back to your base and thus loosing map controll or you sit behind green/yellow cover waiting for your raketen to arrive while loosing models and, again, loosing map controll because a unit which is under attack and sits in green cover won't be able to cap points.

Just avoid it

How I am supposed to avoid it?

OKW player that doesn't use raketen vs UC or clown cars in 99% cases pays dearly for that. Don't be greedy.

The problem is not getting a raketen but how to deal with UC or Clown car during the time where your raketen is in building process and travels to the front.

And after you get fausts UC is not that big of a problem.

When you have fausts the UC will have Vickers or WASP upgrade. And even if not. You still need to get close enough.

23 Sep 2018, 17:04 PM

Why? Raketen misses quite often and isn't one shot for Vehicles thus allowing your enemy to escape even if you hit.

So the counter needs adjusted it the UC. The Rak missing is a known problem of the Rak that effects it the whole game through. Advocate for fixing something that's not working not breaking something that is.

The thing is that the OKW player needs a 270 MP unit to have even the chance of countering a 260 unit.

10 whole mp! Thats less than a seconds worth of generation. That's half of 1 conscripts model this isn't even a recurring cost. It's 10mp ONCE. A cost you will not ever even notice.
But it's cost doesn't stop being relevant after purchase. After killing that 260mp unit you as the OKW can salvage for 5 fuel AND retain that 270mp investment for future inevitable armour. Neat!
23 Sep 2018, 17:38 PM

Then why it shouldn't be able to finish off/kill infantry units?

It can if the opposing player doesn't understand the retreat function. It deals steady damage, not burst damage. It's not a squadwiper.

Even if you do not completely wipe the enemy squad,you will bleed it and over the time you will cause more damage to him than your UC is worth.

That's literally the whole point of anti-infantry vehicles.

The problem is not getting a raketen but how to deal with UC or Clown car during the time where your raketen is in building process and travels to the front.

Play tighter. It can 1v1 your infantry squads. It can't 3v1 your infantry squads.
23 Sep 2018, 18:49 PM

10 whole mp! Thats less than a seconds worth of generation.

My point is that you have to invest more than your enemy just to see your raketen missing and yourself lacking AI power.

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Sep 2018, 17:38 PMLago

That's literally the whole point of anti-infantry vehicles.

So having a AI unit which takes quite a lot of damage and costs no fuel before your enemy gets a option to counter is ok?

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Sep 2018, 17:38 PMLago

Play tighter. It can 1v1 your infantry squads. It can't 3v1 your infantry squads.

It can't (at least not without Upgrades). That's true. But if you have SP + 2 Volks, then where are his two Sections?
23 Sep 2018, 18:56 PM

So having a AI unit which takes quite a lot of damage and costs no fuel before your enemy gets a option to counter is ok?

You have the option to hardcounter it from the very start of the game.

You are just in utter denial about it.
23 Sep 2018, 19:07 PM

T0 anti-tank gun.
23 Sep 2018, 19:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Sep 2018, 19:07 PMLago

T0 anti-tank gun.

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Sep 2018, 18:56 PMKatitof

You have the option to hardcounter it from the very start of the game.

So I see the UC. Then I wait till I have the MP for the Raketen(if i don't have enough), then I wait till its build and then I send it to the front and then I watch it miss. This takes some time.

And Katitof don't tell that I am supposed to build it at the start of the game. I mean what could go possibly wrong?
23 Sep 2018, 19:27 PM

So I see the UC. Then I wait till I have the MP for the Raketen(if i don't have enough), then I wait till its build and then I send it to the front and then I watch it miss. This takes some time.

And Katitof don't tell that I am supposed to build it at the start of the game. I mean what could go possibly wrong?

Guess what?

That's how RTS games work.

You see well positioned HMG that can't be flanked; you wait for mortar and counter it with it, or you will be cut off from vital part of the map, which might be your own cut off.

You see a mine being planted; you wait for sweeper and counter it, or you risk your units being wiped by mines elsewhere.

You see a sniper; you wait and build your own to counter it, or you face a massive menpower bleed and loss of map control.

You see a lv; you wait and make a counter for it, or you suffer menpower bleed at best, squad wipes at worst as well as loss of map control.

That literally is how the game is functioning.

You either anticipate and build counter early, or reactively when you see a unit that needs that counter.

Do you also never build tank destroyers against tanks, because they also miss?
Do you not build basic infantry, because they miss as well units in cover?

You have all the counters you need.
You do not want to use them.
Thats as much L2P as it can be.

No wonder you have massive problems breaking 2000 rank, you are in utter denial and completely oblivious to how this genre functions.
23 Sep 2018, 19:38 PM

If you want a hard counter, you've got it. If you want a soft counter, group your squads and charge it.

The Universal Carrier is no different to any other early light vehicle.
23 Sep 2018, 20:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Sep 2018, 19:27 PMKatitof

You have all the counters you need.
You do not want to use them.

Ok ... one more time. The problem is not that you lack a counter but that it just takes too long to get it on the field. Look at Mgs, Kübel etc. all those units can be countered with plain infantry without bleeding too much. But not so the UC. I would have no problem with this if it would cost at least some fuel as pretty much every other LV.

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Sep 2018, 19:27 PMKatitof

No wonder you have massive problems breaking 2000 rank

Just want to let this here

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Sep 2018, 19:38 PMLago
The Universal Carrier is no different to any other early light vehicle.

Well ... technically it is. It is T0 (unlike most other Lvs), costs no fuel and can be upgraded with flamethrower (or MG), can repair itself and can transport troops. No other vehicle offers that much features ... and this all for 0 fuel.
23 Sep 2018, 20:55 PM

Ok ... one more time. The problem is not that you lack a counter but that it just takes too long to get it on the field. Look at Mgs, Kübel etc. all those units can be countered with plain infantry without bleeding too much. But not so the UC. I would have no problem with this if it would cost at least some fuel as pretty much every other LV.

Just want to let this here

Well ... technically it is. It is T0 (unlike most other Lvs), costs no fuel and can be upgraded with flamethrower (or MG), can repair itself and can transport troops. No other vehicle offers that much features ... and this all for 0 fuel.

Could you show your playercard since you throwing others' around? Sound like a low rank 4v4 player

You were given plenty suggestions to what to do against UC. And you "counter" them with imaginary situations. Because it seems you have never played it. Since playing tactic that beats you is the best way to learn counters for it, I advise to play some UKF and let UC carry you to rank 20.
23 Sep 2018, 21:09 PM

Could you show your playercard since you throwing others' around? Sound like a low rank 4v4 player

You were given plenty suggestions to what to do against UC. And you "counter" them with imaginary situations. Because it seems you have never played it. Since playing tactic that beats you is the best way to learn counters for it, I advise to play some UKF and let UC carry you to rank 20.

https://www.coh2.org/ladders/playercard/steamid/76561198211563403
23 Sep 2018, 21:10 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

I advise to play some UKF and let UC carry you to rank 20.

I mean, I did it :P (pre nerf).

I dont want to get too involved with this, but ill say that at the top level (as far as im aware) people are somewhat split on whether building a rak to counter a uc (or m3, for that matter) is even a good idea. Point being, the counterplay to the UC doesnt seem be clearly defined.
23 Sep 2018, 21:17 PM

Well that player card confirms my suspicions.

I mean, I did it :P (pre nerf).

I dont want to get too involved with this, but ill say that at the top level (as far as im aware) people are somewhat split on whether building a rak to counter a uc (or m3, for that matter) is even a good idea. Point being, the counterplay to the UC doesnt seem be clearly defined.

I think that if they don't build raketen at the top level that means that UC is not that big of an issue. So it's in a good spot.
23 Sep 2018, 21:24 PM

Only thing I dislike about UC is how much damage it does to green cover infantry, leaving absolutely no solid counterplay (as OKW) except for Raketten or run away until there's fausts. I'd personally like to see the unupgraded and Vickers UC do less damage to green cover (so in good positions infantry can stand their ground and trade fairly evenly) but do more against squads that are caught in the open.
23 Sep 2018, 21:32 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

Well that player card confirms my suspicions.

I think that if they don't build raketen at the top level that means that UC is not that big of an issue. So it's in a good spot.

Not really. It usually has to do with the fact that its up in the air whether or not you'll kill the UC and that it sets you behind in raw engagements. Best case scenario (you manage to get shots off and destroy it), its roughly break even (I guess you have an extra capping squad), worst case scenario, you're way down on combat power.
23 Sep 2018, 22:44 PM

Im lost the raken is a t0 at unit that costs 270 and will remain useful/essential throughout the game. If the UC is such an issue then the raken is never a bad investment.
24 Sep 2018, 00:00 AM

Im lost the raken is a t0 at unit that costs 270 and will remain useful/essential throughout the game. If the UC is such an issue then the raken is never a bad investment.

Early game combat power goes down but that's somewhat offset by the fact that you basically have an extra capping squad that can still retreat and will be useful throughout the game later as you said.
24 Sep 2018, 00:13 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

Early game combat power goes down but that's somewhat offset by the fact that you basically have an extra capping squad that can still retreat and will be useful throughout the game later as you said.

Depends on the player you face, really. If you're facing some of the more aggressive players, theyll just push you off of the map entirely and lock you out of the game.
24 Sep 2018, 08:25 AM

The UC costs no fuel for the same reason the Kubelwagen costs no fuel: Relic decided to give these units a high manpower cost instead of a high fuel cost.

It can self-repair because UKF doesn't get repair units until T1.

It has a flamethrower because the Royal Engineer squad doesn't. It's literally UKF's one garrison counter without an infantry flamer or a proper mortar.

It's a decent unit but if you really think it's impossible to deal with go play UKF and let your opponent teach you how to counter it.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 39
Germany 764
unknown 6

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak