Login

russian armor

Feedback for Commander Revamppatch

PAGES (107)down
28 Sep 2018, 06:03 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Sep 2018, 00:24 AMCyra

About that. Why doesn't the Osttruppen Squad do not have this universally for building sandbags at least nor a normal hand grenade ability? Its just interesting they can get an LMG42 and Panzerfausts but no normal potato masher or the ability to make sandbags?

They get the sand-bags with the trench-ability. And thats the point, making the sand-bags non-doc. Most Osttruppen never get this ability.

I can live without a grenade ability, but the weaponslot hurts. But it's ok, Osttruppen are amazing.
28 Sep 2018, 08:06 AM

So. The pak 43 is not suppesd to survive a bombing run. its a doc unit which comes late. (mostly 8cp)

than tell me why a 17pnder...NON DOC..can survive any callins and arty and other stuff and laugh while u do 10dmg with a 200muni abilty.

can flares and is safed by a bofors which cost nearly nothing while u need much more than 30fuel to safe your pak43 effectivly.
28 Sep 2018, 08:56 AM

Meanwhile the t70 is laughing.

Armor way higher than the AEC isn’t saying much. That’s like saying “moving accuracy way better than ostruppen” lol. There’s also effectively almost no difference as almost anything on the axis side that isn’t small arms will penetrate both vehicles 100% of the time.

I think by 4cp counters are definitely on the field and it wouldn’t need be an unreasonable time for it to come out, and stuff like the luchs, aec, t70 and Stuart are all on the field by 3-4 cp but 5cp is still probably better timing. I really do think it’s fairly comparable to the t70 in terms of role and type of vehicle (they even have the same recon mode now).

T-70 needs teching and has close to half the armor/less Hp.

The armor of the Valentine is higher than any other light tank and should be classified as meduim/light. Actually it makes quite a difference since the AEC dies to AP rounds (and to one tellar mine) while the Valentine takes little to no damage, so you are actually wrong.

At CP 4 the only thing that counter a valentine from Ostheer would be a pack or shreck and I doubt that either of the would be able since Valentine is one of the fastest tanks around.
For OKW only Puma would be able to counter it but even then it would have to be the first unit out of T2 leaving OKW without a Luch. Even the Puma might have trouble chasing the Valentine due to terrain speed modifiers.

The unit should actually become better armorer and far less mobile since (in real life it was infantry support tank and not cruiser tank) having one of the fastest tank with bonus vision roaming around and calling barrage will probably prove problematic.

Its vet bonus should also be looked at since gaining speed and size reduction combined with "war speed" make the vehicle ridiculously fast and with extremely low target size.
28 Sep 2018, 09:18 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Sep 2018, 08:56 AMVipper

T-70 needs teching and has close to half the armor/less Hp.

The armor of the Valentine is higher than any other light tank and should be classified as meduim/light. Actually it makes quite a difference since the AEC dies to AP rounds (and to one tellar mine) while the Valentine takes little to no damage, so you are actually wrong.

At CP 4 the only thing that counter a valentine from Ostheer would be a pack or shreck and I doubt that either of the would be able since Valentine is one of the fastest tanks around.
For OKW only Puma would be able to counter it but even then it would have to be the first unit out of T2 leaving OKW without a Luch. Even the Puma might have trouble chasing the Valentine due to terrain speed modifiers.

The unit should actually become better armorer and far less mobile since (in real life it was infantry support tank and not cruiser tank) having one of the fastest tank with bonus vision roaming around and calling barrage will probably prove problematic.

Its vet bonus should also be looked at since gaining speed and size reduction combined with "war speed" make the vehicle ridiculously fast and with extremely low target size.

this is the thing. Allie faction get mostly unit which are super vs AI and armor. while axis need a puma to counter this..you have much triouble to counter at the same time the lmg blobbs from allies...so u need a luchs...but wait...when u have both...you need much ressources and have no heal fro your sqauds...sucks.
28 Sep 2018, 09:36 AM

If the Valentine needs to be faster I'd stick it in UKF T1 and lock it behind either the AEC or Bofors upgrade. Good light generalist call-ins that unlock quickly are a proven recipe for trouble.
28 Sep 2018, 09:46 AM

Oh... yes. Put the StuG E to Osttruppen and Commando-Panzer-4 to Community-Defence is better. I was simply in love with the idea of StuG E in hull-down with extra range. :drool:

Community-Defense-Commander (Ostwall-Commander)
-Osttruppen (able to build sandbags, wire and light-bunkers)
-Heavy Fortifications (concrete-bunker, tank-traps maybe concrete )
-Commando-Panzer-4
-PaK43 ***
-Sector-Artillery

***Maybe "hull-down" instead of PaK43? In my opinion it overperforms in that commander. Hull-down is a decent ability and it doesn't eats pop-cap. With tank-traps also StuG becomes usefull in hull-down.

Osttruppen-Commander
-Artillery-Officer
-Supply
-StuG E
-Gustav

StuG E should lose the critical-shot-ability. As alternative ability it should get a hollow-charge-burst with 3 shots. Used as Brummbär's bunker-burst with 60range, it performs like old leIG18 hollow-charge. Small aoe, but acceptable pen and damage (maybe like Panzerschreck or like Piat).

Edit:

-Osttruppen (able to build sandbags, wire and light-bunkers) infects also relief-infantry and Puma-Osttruppen.

Problem is that fixed gun tanks are a bit on a loss as far as hull down is concerned but yes. Thinking about it now it would be nice to have hull downed tanks with repair bunkers near by.
28 Sep 2018, 09:58 AM

Problem is that fixed gun tanks are a bit on a loss as far as hull down is concerned but yes. Thinking about it now it would be nice to have hull downed tanks with repair bunkers near by.

Hull down bonus should not be universal but tailor custom made for specific vehicles.
28 Sep 2018, 10:05 AM

Oh... yes. Put the StuG E to Osttruppen and Commando-Panzer-4 to Community-Defence is better. I was simply in love with the idea of StuG E in hull-down with extra range. :drool:

Community-Defense-Commander (Ostwall-Commander)
-Heavy Fortifications (concrete-bunker, tank-traps maybe concrete )
-Commando-Panzer-4
-PaK43 ***
-Sector-Artillery

***Maybe "hull-down" instead of PaK43? In my opinion it overperforms in that commander. Hull-down is a decent ability and it doesn't eats pop-cap. With tank-traps also StuG becomes usefull in hull-down.

Osttruppen-Commander
-Artillery-Officer
-Supply
-StuG E
-Gustav

StuG E should lose the critical-shot-ability. As alternative ability it should get a hollow-charge-burst with 3 shots. Used as Brummbär's bunker-burst with 60range, it performs like old leIG18 hollow-charge. Small aoe, but acceptable pen and damage (maybe like Panzerschreck or like Piat).

Edit: -Osttruppen (able to build sandbags, wire and light-bunkers) infects also relief-infantry and Puma-Osttruppen.

This sounds really neat. I'd love those two commanders arranged like this.

If you want Hull Down on the StuG-E you could stick it in as an ability replacing the inappropriate Critical Shot. A self-hulling down lockdown mode similar to CoH 1.
28 Sep 2018, 10:06 AM

pretty irrelevant but can we switch the trench model to the old trench model thats in the game? it looks significantly better.
28 Sep 2018, 10:21 AM

pretty irrelevant but can we switch the trench model to the old trench model thats in the game? it looks significantly better.

The normal blue-print is bugged. You have to use a trick. But it is possible.

At least my idea would be to remove the trench for Ostheer. Make it UK only and make the mortar emplacement a doc-unit. Then give UK a normal mortar squad with range handycap and a range-multibler if in garrison.

OKW's trench gets its netting removed, to give a other look. As emplacement for Mg34 and Püppchen.

Edit: We can also lower the sice of the trench, so it can be passed by tanks.
28 Sep 2018, 10:35 AM

So. The pak 43 is not suppesd to survive a bombing run. its a doc unit which comes late. (mostly 8cp)

than tell me why a 17pnder...NON DOC..can survive any callins and arty and other stuff and laugh while u do 10dmg with a 200muni abilty.

can flares and is safed by a bofors which cost nearly nothing while u need much more than 30fuel to safe your pak43 effectivly.

Because assymetric balance? Brits are based around emplacements and pay for them with lack of mobility and other gimmicks like no snare on mainline infantry.
28 Sep 2018, 11:08 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Sep 2018, 10:35 AMKirrik

Because assymetric balance? Brits are based around emplacements and pay for them with lack of mobility and other gimmicks like no snare on mainline infantry.

And now they get snares, and Tommies are a good mainline infantry. So?

I could live with PaK43 emplacement if it lose the ability to shout through world-blockers. Maybe with more hp but without the lock-down.

But yes, Bofors overperfom. It should get stats of OKW-base.
28 Sep 2018, 12:03 PM

Can something be done about booby traps (urban defense doctrine) being insta-placable everywhere on the map? It should be done by engineers IMO, there is barely any counterplay this way.
28 Sep 2018, 12:34 PM

Can something be done about booby traps (urban defense doctrine) being insta-placable everywhere on the map? It should be done by engineers IMO, there is barely any counterplay this way.

Counterplay is called mine detector. Considering these booby traps are less powerful than mines and cost more, there would be no point in them when you could just place a cheaper mine and get same results (and potentially snare vehicle)
28 Sep 2018, 12:35 PM

And now they get snares, and Tommies are a good mainline infantry. So?

I could live with PaK43 emplacement if it lose the ability to shout through world-blockers. Maybe with more hp but without the lock-down.

But yes, Bofors overperfom. It should get stats of OKW-base.

They dont get snares on tommies and they still lack non doc mobile mortar. Come back when when grens lose their faust and mobile mortar turns into mortar trench, then your arguments would be valid
28 Sep 2018, 13:24 PM

I can live without a grenade ability, but the weaponslot hurts. But it's ok, Osttruppen are amazing.

Played with them last night, Mobile Defense Commander and yeah. I love them too.
I love the fact they can come in already armed with the MG42s.
28 Sep 2018, 15:41 PM

By the way, can't we stuff in some King Tiger buffs ? Thing is goddamn awful, would trade three of those for a Tiger 1.
28 Sep 2018, 15:59 PM

Give Elite Armor the previously requested SturmTiger quality of life changes and it'll be perfect.
28 Sep 2018, 16:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Sep 2018, 15:59 PMSully
Give Elite Armor the previously requested SturmTiger quality of life changes and it'll be perfect.

if not - just replace it with call in tiger or hetzer
28 Sep 2018, 16:17 PM

Also, making Ost repair stations cost pop-cap is a sure fire way to ensure the commander never gets used outside of 4v4. I'd rather have pio squads that can also capture territory.
PAGES (107)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 28
Germany 744
unknown 19
Germany 1
unknown 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W