Login

russian armor

Feedback for Commander Revamppatch

PAGES (107)down
28 Sep 2018, 17:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Sep 2018, 09:58 AMVipper

Hull down bonus should not be universal but tailor custom made for specific vehicles.

Agreed.

The normal blue-print is bugged. You have to use a trick. But it is possible.

At least my idea would be to remove the trench for Ostheer. Make it UK only and make the mortar emplacement a doc-unit. Then give UK a normal mortar squad with range handycap and a range-multibler if in garrison.

OKW's trench gets its netting removed, to give a other look. As emplacement for Mg34 and Püppchen.

Edit: We can also lower the sice of the trench, so it can be passed by tanks.

What do you mean? Everything is working fine for me, I even put AT guns in the trenches:

lol, I just love the slit trench models.

MGs are clipping a bit but nothing we can't handle I think:

And lastly, here's some Tommies in their trenches:

I agree that the British should get their old slit trenches back, and maybe the Ostheer can get the current trenches without netting while the OKW can get the covered one.
28 Sep 2018, 19:19 PM

What do you mean? Everything is working fine for me.

Can they shoot in the other direction?
28 Sep 2018, 19:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Sep 2018, 12:35 PMKirrik

They dont get snares on tommies and they still lack non doc mobile mortar. Come back when when grens lose their faust and mobile mortar turns into mortar trench, then your arguments would be valid

It is fascinating who you ignore all other posts. xD

1. Engeneers (Sappeurs) get a snare. With Piats they become a real tankhunter-unit.
2. I put Tommies over Grens in their performance. Their grenade is extremely strong, get 5 men by upgrade + 2 Brens.

Also I have an idea to fix UK mortar problem, posted it 4 times... give them a normal al mortar-squad with range handycap. Give them a range and reload multibler in garrison (UK trench will get an extra funktion). Make old UK trench-emplacement a doc-unit or a alternative thing like Bofors and AEC.
28 Sep 2018, 19:54 PM

Can they shoot in the other direction?

Oh that, yes I think there was something like that but I can't remember exactly.

I remember that in CoH's mods (Europe at War) slit trenches were also a bit bugged since only infantry could fire on all sides, machine guns could only fire the way the trench was faced which sometimes proved problematic when the placement came out "bugged" so to speak.

So yeah you put a good point about that, maybe it could be fixed somehow but then again maybe they would have done it until now if so? I am not sure since there are an M1919A4 MG and M2 60mm Mortar models with no animations sitting in the game files which probably wouldn't have taken up a lot of time to properly implement me thinks, so the reason might be more in the case of "uniqueness" than "fubar".

lso I have an idea to fix UK mortar problem, posted it 4 times... give them a normal al mortar-squad with range handycap. Give them a range and reload multibler in garrison (UK trench will get an extra funktion). Make old UK trench-emplacement a doc-unit or a alternative thing like Bofors and AEC.

Agreed once again.
28 Sep 2018, 20:19 PM

There is an option to fix it, that is what I called playing around. Its a workaround, make the normal trench invisible and putting the CoH1 over it. So it looks like it works. xD They made it in All-Units-Mod.
28 Sep 2018, 20:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Sep 2018, 15:59 PMSully
Give Elite Armor the previously requested SturmTiger quality of life changes and it'll be perfect.

Did you mean mine or were there other requests? I tried to include everything I encountered in my summary, but if there are other requests that I missed I'd be happy to add them.
28 Sep 2018, 23:28 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I'd suggest a rework for Sturmtiger to be more or less like a mobile B4 with less minimum range. That's how it was basically used IRL anyway and gives OKW a different howitzer option that isn't Defensive or the new Overwatch.
29 Sep 2018, 00:15 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Sep 2018, 23:28 PMKasarov
I'd suggest a rework for Sturmtiger to be more or less like a mobile B4 with less minimum range. That's how it was basically used IRL anyway and gives OKW a different howitzer option that isn't Defensive or the new Overwatch.

What exactly would that change from its current iteration except for longer range and thus becoming basically an uncounterable howitzer? The fact that is has to put itself in harm's way to fire is basically the only way to balance it.

I think the way it works right now is fine, it's just clunky to use but that could see some improvement in the ways I suggested.
29 Sep 2018, 04:17 AM

Is Stormtrooper flame nades a clone of Volks nade or their own version? Played a few matches and saw it vaporise my Penal unit on zero cover. Unless I'm seeing things.

Btw, what's the manpower bleed for Storms vs Commandos? Doesn't seem to be that much seeing I can field 2 Storms without losing much on MP bleed compared to mandos.
29 Sep 2018, 09:42 AM

Was also my idea... but there are too many who don't like any change. Noobs like Kartiof.

So your idea was to turn Sturmtiger into high armor/hp tank that can fire squad wiping missiles without any warning from safe distance without any sort of indirect/offmap counters to stop it from doing it again and again?
29 Sep 2018, 10:05 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Sep 2018, 09:42 AMKirrik

So your idea was to turn Sturmtiger into high armor/hp tank that can fire squad wiping missiles without any warning from safe distance without any sort of indirect/offmap counters to stop it from doing it again and again?

Not this like you talk here. Make it a mobile howitzer-like. Like a combination from priest and 203 arty from allies.

its should be amobile inaccurate 203 sov arty. fireing one shell inaccurate to the aiming area.

it has a huge pricetag and high reloadtime.

and maybe you need muni to reload.

easy and not OP.

29 Sep 2018, 10:07 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Sep 2018, 09:42 AMKirrik

Everything can be balanaced. Less speed, longer reload, less accuracy. It can lock the King-Tiger or the Stuka zu Fuß.
29 Sep 2018, 10:23 AM

Turning the Sturmtiger into a mobile B4/SPG sounds like a nice idea.

Having a high price, automatic reload on the move but being vulnerable to decrew while doing so is probably going to be a good balance solution.

In team games it will be typically well protected but a well executed strike behind enemy lines right after it fires will surely take it out.

If it locks out the KT I don't think it will see much use since you will typically need some heavy direct combat unit in team games, all of the other units that are heavy call ins all do this already, not much of the Sturmtiger's support role will be changed apart from the fact that it will have a longer range, be more expensive and still be vulnerable while reloading but not as clunky as right now.
29 Sep 2018, 10:26 AM

I see people dont get sarcasm at all. If you seriously even for a second thought B4-Sturmtiger idea is good you're either trolling or simply dont understand there would be no counter to it and it would game unplayable for allies
29 Sep 2018, 10:34 AM

I got another idea, the Sturmtiger is given a lockdown toggle ability called "Artillery mode" which simply gives it more range and an automatic reload, like the CoH PE Hummel lockdown or KV2 "Siege mode".

In this mode, the Sturmtiger will have a greater range and a (faster) automatic reload while still being vulnerable to decrew and won't be able to "un-lockdown" until reloaded.

So reinforcing the idea of a behind the lines thrust right after it fires to take it out, it will be a sitting duck and in need of a big protection screen.

Edit: It would also help the problem of it's MG revealing it's position early and it's shells hitting obstacles on the way to the target.
29 Sep 2018, 10:55 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Sep 2018, 10:26 AMKirrik
I see people dont get sarcasm at all. If you seriously even for a second thought B4-Sturmtiger idea is good you're either trolling or simply dont understand there would be no counter to it and it would game unplayable for allies

The kurrent Sturmtiger also is way worse than B4, which still one-shot everything under Panther niveau. And Sturmtiger doesn't insta-kill blobbs anymore, some damage, some suppression. 60% survive.

Sturmtiger can't be moved while reloading (kurrent only at Vet5) and if it locks e.g. StuKa zu Fuß you also get a handy-cap. Also it doesn't need that much range as a Priest or B4. 80 are ok, e.g. leIG has 100.
29 Sep 2018, 11:06 AM

maybe it would be better ..when u dont want to change to much on this unit:
make the vet5 to vet1! easy managedable and can be now nearly good as AVRE
Phy
29 Sep 2018, 11:47 AM

I like the ST b4 idea, but with a balanced approach. I don't know if im a big fan of high scatter and high damage. I prefer low aoe, low dmg better accuracy and something like stun for squads/vehicles for a short period of time. Red smoke before landing? Just thinking.
PAGES (107)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 58
Korea, Republic Of 19
South Africa 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %