Login

russian armor

Feedback for Commander Revamppatch

PAGES (107)down
19 Sep 2018, 21:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Sep 2018, 15:04 PMStark

+1 totally agree

No one cares, look man that stays ok? Kw 2 now is finnaly so usefull. Urban defence is awesome now with kw2 why people want change that i dont know they stupid i guess
19 Sep 2018, 21:34 PM

One thing to note is that brits may have an abnormally hard time dealing with concrete bunkers due to lack of mobile indirect fire. They do have the 25pdrs but that might become a huge muni sink given the bunkers’ high health.

Stormtroopers
-Camouflage now matches those used by commandos.

God finally. Stormtroopers are now my second favorite unit XD

Also the 250 changes look super cool too.
19 Sep 2018, 21:37 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Is it possible to change MG 42 on MG 34 for better historical accuracy for 221/223?
Also, maybe change it's camo from current 4-pattern to historical from Starbuck?
19 Sep 2018, 21:52 PM

Tried out the repair bunkers, but they seem bugged. Had 4 of them grouped together and timed how long it takes to fully repair a 1HP 251 Halftrack. It took just shy of two full minutes.

It appears that only 1 repair pio will actually repair something at a time, the remaining 2 run back to the bunker and take a nap. Also, from what I can tell other repair bunker pios will ignore a vehicle if it's already being repaired by another bunker.

It seems like their AI is that of a medic bunker, rather than other repair pios such as OKW's Mech Truck upgrade.
19 Sep 2018, 21:53 PM

Played a couple of games with ze Germans, here's my opinions:

221/223 is very, very nice, however it would be better I think if the Logistik upgrade would be separate since it makes sense to limit the FuG to 1 because of the vehicle sensor but not for the lockdown ability.

Maybe the FuG could be separated into 2 upgrades:

Command Car and Logistiks Car, the Command Car being limited to one and having the Relay and the Logistiks Car being able to capture and lockdown territory? Sounds fair to me, at least on paper.

If the limitation is indeed based on the vehicle sensor I think this would be fair, they couldn't be spammed anyway (as caches) because they are 4 popcap.

Does the lockdown ability generate extra resources for the entire team or only for the user?

19 Sep 2018, 21:54 PM

If the limitation is indeed based on the vehicle sensor I think this would be fair, they couldn't be spammed anyway (as caches) because they are 4 popcap.

Does the lockdown ability generate extra resources for the entire team or only for the user?

Only generates boosted income (double of whatever sector it's boosting) for the unit owner.
19 Sep 2018, 22:02 PM

Hmm while the current ability is already great I wouldn't mind changing it into something that boosts income for the entire team (in a nerfed form), especially if there's going to be a limit of only 1. Share the OST players' cache manpower burden a bit.

Also regarding the 221/223 I think it would be nice if the healing ability worked a bit different than Sturmpioneers one. Perhaps make it drop one crate for 15 ammo (same cost)? Given that this unit is supposed to be healing near the front line it makes more sense to drop only one crate at a time. I always found it impractical I have to drop an entire stack with the Sturmpios if I want to heal a squad near the front.

19 Sep 2018, 22:02 PM

As Sully said, I think it's exactly like the Opel Blitz from the Support Assault doctrine of the Ostheer.
19 Sep 2018, 22:07 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

People complaining about concrete bunkers doctrine overshadowing other doctrines, when the exact same person told me

There will always be strong doctrines

except this time its on the axis side..... huh weird......
19 Sep 2018, 22:12 PM

The concrete bunkers are definitely not working right. Each repair pio will seek out its own exclusive vehicle to repair rather than all group on one vehicle like Soviet/OKW/Brit repair stations do. You can see it in action in the picture below, there are two repair bunkers with 6 repair pios total, six of the eight damaged tanks are being repaired simultaneously.

19 Sep 2018, 22:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Sep 2018, 22:12 PMSully
The concrete bunkers are definitely not working right. Each repair pio will seek out its own exclusive vehicle to repair rather than all group on one vehicle like Soviet/OKW/Brit repair stations do. You can see it in action in the picture below, there are two repair bunkers with 6 repair pios total, six of the eight damaged tanks are being repaired simultaneously.

Yes I noticed it as well now.

Edit: I forgot to mention that the Forward Supply Station repair pioneers work just fine tho.

The 250 also cannot reinforce even when dug in.

Here's a screenshot:

Pardon my retardness of not capturing the icon above the HT that it's "dug in".
19 Sep 2018, 22:22 PM

People complaining about concrete bunkers doctrine overshadowing other doctrines, when the exact same person told me

except this time its on the axis side..... huh weird......

Way to miss my point completely, Osttruppen wasnt nerfed instead Defensive was simply made into better Osttruppen.

Also KV-2 changes went under the radar for pretty much everyone, it's fire rate in siege mode went from to 6 to 9, thats a huge nerf.
Nerfing its pen in tank mode you risk making it potentially even worse than prior to rework, considering people would not risk that tank in direct combat with such low pen, meaning it will be stuck in siege mode with firing 50% slower than before.
19 Sep 2018, 22:51 PM

OSTHEER:
- Remove the MGs of normal Sdkfz 251 (noone will miss them, the vehicle is mainly used as refresh and flamer) and replace the 250 with the 251 with MGs.

That would look and feel better, also the blue-print of 251 has a MG-shield.

Edit: Better give 250 with Pgrens and Grens passive Vet for increased speed and quick repair.

Edit: Concrete Bunker are great, but the MG is bugged, also the pios. MG has insta suppression and Pios have wrong path-finding and don't stop the repair animation.

OKW:
- The medi-kits of 221 and 223 are kind of confusing, because Sturmpios can make them too, also without Vet. Remove it or replace it with something else, like a capture-mode. (223 should lose the ability)
20 Sep 2018, 00:37 AM

Huh, Sherman 76 finally has a proper role besides from the regular Sherman and EZ8. I think this is a wonderful change and the vet changes will make sure this tank isn't necessarily broken but a challenge to heavier armor. I think mechanized might be pretty darn prevalent against OKW from now on :D

(Even more prevalent than the M3 HT cheese atm)

I haven't done any testing yet but does anyone know if this unit will now consistently pen Panthers or Tigers frontally?
20 Sep 2018, 00:40 AM

Huh, Sherman 76 finally has a proper role besides from the regular Sherman and EZ8. I think this is a wonderful change and the vet changes will make sure this tank isn't necessarily broken but a challenge to heavier armor. I think mechanized might be pretty darn prevalent against OKW from now on :D

(Even more prevalent than the M3 HT cheese atm)

I haven't done any testing yet but does anyone know if this unit will now consistently pen Panthers or Tigers frontally?

Personally no, but I wish they weren't so vague on abilities like that HVAP. Just placing the pen values there goes a long way into discussion.
20 Sep 2018, 00:53 AM
Developer Relic Badge

Personally no, but I wish they weren't so vague on abilities like that HVAP. Just placing the pen values there goes a long way into discussion.

Current Accuracy and Penetration numbers are for 76mm HVAP are:

HVAP

Accuracy: 0.06/0.425/0.035
Penetration: 220/180/165

Regular Ammo:

Accuracy: 0.05/0.0375/0.025
Penetration: 140/130/120
20 Sep 2018, 01:25 AM

Current Accuracy and Penetration numbers are for 76mm HVAP are:

HVAP

Penetration: 220/180/165

Regular Ammo:

Penetration: 140/130/120

165??? WutFace HOLY HELL
20 Sep 2018, 01:31 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

165??? WutFace HOLY HELL

Yeah, 165 is quite a lot o_O

Although depending on how bad it lowers RoF it could be fair, because leaving it on HVAP would mean it's less effective at it's normal job vs other mediums. I think it's really an interesting idea.
20 Sep 2018, 01:56 AM

I mean that's just red flag, siren, defcon 1. Say you put it up vs the Ost P4, load the HVAP. You run into these stats:

Ost P4:
Target size: 22
Pen: 125/115/110
Reload: 5.3/5.7
Armor: 180
Moving accuracy debuff: 0.5

76mm Sherman:
Target size: 22
Pen: 220/180/165
Reload: From 4.1/4.5 -> 5.6/6.0
Armor: 160
Moving accuracy debuff: 0.75

And these tanks have very similar price in fuel IIRC. Mech sherman is like 125F I think? Don't remember if that is being changed.

Anyways say you catch that p4 where it has to traverse its turret 90 degrees. That's 1.5/2 seconds where you don't fire and that small reload gap just closed on the opening shot. That is game over for that panzer 4 unless it has an AT gun there to swing the favor. On the move? Sherman FAR better odds to win the engagement. Close the distance? Guaranteed pen unless P4 is vet 2+. The HVAP is just simply too good, giving bonus accuracy that matches panthers, exceedingly good penetration far better than any other current medium except maybe the Ez8 IIRC (not counting panthers, pershing and comet), and the draw back of 1.5 second reload is minimal, since its reload is so good anyways. That also says nothing about its veterancy, which is insanely good in the rate of fire department.
20 Sep 2018, 03:16 AM

Thank you for kindly providing OST with wet tissue halftracks without reinforcing ability (really useful) and ruining Stormtroopers - a change that nobody ever asked for.

I was thinking how one can make them even less less useful and less historical, but thankfully, fantasy flame granades are there to answer instead of the good old bundled granade that was actually useful even in its nerfed state.

Thankfully, Allied changes are far more easy to overviews - buffing AND decreasing price seems to be the main theme there.
PAGES (107)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS