Login

russian armor

Feedback for Commander Revamppatch

PAGES (107)down
12 Sep 2018, 13:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Sep 2018, 11:55 AMStark

This includes teamgames. If you afraid of stuka/offmap wipping - don't use it but don't block the option for others.

I would be good if they added some sort of healing to the commander (replacing 1 model for a healer sound interesting)

1 model is utterly pointless, it will be enough to heal one squad at best, even 4 medics at sov HQ have serious problems keeping up with injured infantry in late game.

Besides if Commisar gets a retreat point it's only a matter of time before people start asking for same thing for OST.

If retreat point stays they simply need to give this doctrine a way to heal troops, otherwise its going to turn nasty in team games, I dont want Sov horde squatting near my forward assembly when playing Brits
12 Sep 2018, 13:38 PM

The Problem on this church: when u Play samrt u build 2-3 in teamgames from them. Dealing with three of them is nearly inpossible...u cant ignor them..but cant destroy them. All Units behind it...have free fire
12 Sep 2018, 13:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Sep 2018, 13:36 PMKirrik

1 model is utterly pointless, it will be enough to heal one squad at best, even 4 medics at sov HQ have serious problems keeping up with injured infantry in late game.

Besides if Commisar gets a retreat point it's only a matter of time before people start asking for same thing for OST.

A retreat point for the Ostheer Command bunker was already suggested by me for Defensive Doctrine.

My "advanced bunkers" idea could be used in the place of either the Pak 43 or StuG E seeing as people having a problem with it being there anyhow.

Apart from that I really don't know what more can be done for the doctrine, except for maybe replacing Sector Artillery with something else.

Unless they somehow bring back Hull Down and improve it so it's worthwhile.

Elefant replacing Pak 43 is a no go at this point I suppose.

Command Panzer IV would probably be a suitable replacement for the StuG E.

If you replace it with the Artillery officer then it really does become Osttruppen 2.0 since it will even have 3 out of 5 of the same abilities, at which point you will be basically trading off Supply Drop and Railroad Artillery for Pak 43 and Sector Artillery.
12 Sep 2018, 13:46 PM

You see, ost can have on field reinforcement AND healing non doctrinally without spending any fuel or pop cap and they can do it from get go.

Soviets can have only on field reinforcement, with pop cap, with fuel cost and no healing.
12 Sep 2018, 13:53 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Sep 2018, 07:53 AMKatitof

Soviet repairs can -NOT- be toggled off in combat.
You're locked there, sitting like a duck when attacked.
It also cuts in half your current munis income.
Its hardly a flawless ability.

Now going after my tests, and sturmpanthers post earlier. The only thing correct here stated is you cannot toggle it off while in combat. It DOES NOT cut your munis income in half.

Emergency repairs is at 40 munis while soviet is 35. Soviet repair has no HP cap while OKWs is going to be 300 currently and has a delay.

Again balance team, prove you have at least some competence and fix the disparity ^^^
12 Sep 2018, 13:55 PM

ER meant to fix to crit damages not give you free repairs
There is good reason only Allies had proper repair abilities while Germans didnt.
I'm sure you figure out why auto-repairing Panthers and KT would be a huge problem
12 Sep 2018, 13:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Sep 2018, 13:46 PMKatitof

You see, ost can have on field reinforcement AND healing non doctrinally without spending any fuel or pop cap and they can do it from get go.

Soviets can have only on field reinforcement, with pop cap, with fuel cost and no healing.

They also have 4 doctrinal ways to repair vehicles in most of their commanders.

And an immobile reinforcement and healing point is not always the greatest option since the enemy knows where to hit you exactly when you're falling back and can also guess your infantry's retreat paths.

With that said, I don't see a problem with giving the Soviet M5 the same medical bags used by the USF Mech Company M3 HT and just be done with it.

12 Sep 2018, 13:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Sep 2018, 13:55 PMKirrik
ER meant to fix to crit damages not give you free repairs
There is good reason only Allies had proper repair abilities while Germans didnt.
I'm sure you figure out why auto-repairing Panthers and KT would be a huge problem

? But somehow T34/85s which are one of the best, if not the best mediums in the game having it at dirt cheap with virtually no downside is balanced? I said fix the disparity, not mimic the ability.
12 Sep 2018, 14:04 PM

Best medium in game? What are you even smoking? You're clearly confusing E8 with T-34 here. The "disparity" you talking about is faction design, you dont put auto-repairs on facitons with insane non-doc late game armor
P.S. Do you even know the stats of T-34-85? Even 76mm Sherman is arguably better than this thing.
12 Sep 2018, 14:05 PM

Just to throw out an idea to solve the dilemma with Siignal delay OR call-in unit:

- Replace Signal Relay with the 223- Radio scout car and GIVE THE CAR the vehicle detection ability. That would fit in extremely well to the actual role of the 223 in the war, players who like signal relay can use it and the others would get a decent call-in unit to give the doctrine more punch in the early stage of the game!
12 Sep 2018, 14:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Sep 2018, 14:04 PMKirrik
Best medium in game? What are you even smoking? You're clearly confusing E8 with T-34 here. The "disparity" you talking about is faction design, you dont put auto-repairs on facitons with insane non-doc late game armor

Yeah no I'm not arguing with someone who doesn't understand what I'm saying...

which are one of the best, if not the best mediums in the game

I said fix the disparity, not mimic the ability.

12 Sep 2018, 14:16 PM

Yeah no I'm not arguing with someone who doesn't understand what I'm saying...

You're not arguing with me at all, you're just pulling a strawman and complaining about average doctrinal medium and saying it's somehow "very powerful" when OKW has equal/superior nondoc P4 and a Panther/KT on top of that.
"Fixing" "disparity" implies OKW needs same kind of auto-repairs as Allies do.
OKW is already strongest faction in late game by far, auto-repairs is something OKW does not need.
12 Sep 2018, 14:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Sep 2018, 14:16 PMKirrik

You're not arguing with me at all, you're just pulling a strawman and complaining about average doctrinal medium and saying it's somehow "very powerful" when OKW has equal/superior nondoc P4 and a Panther/KT on top of that.
"Fixing" "disparity" implies OKW needs same kind of auto-repairs as Allies do.
OKW is already strongest faction in late game by far, auto-repairs is something OKW does not need.

Just no dude. If you want me to critique this post and how overly incorrect it is, shoot me a PM. I'm not having a bash contest in this thread.
12 Sep 2018, 15:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Sep 2018, 14:05 PMSmartie

Just to throw out an idea to solve the dilemma with Siignal delay OR call-in unit:

- Replace Signal Relay with the 223- Radio scout car and GIVE THE CAR the vehicle detection ability. That would fit in extremely well to the actual role of the 223 in the war, players who like signal relay can use it and the others would get a decent call-in unit to give the doctrine more punch in the early stage of the game!

12 Sep 2018, 16:19 PM

Maybe instead of giving retreat point to Comissar and wasting a squad with lots of utility like that you could give retreat point to ZiS-6 truck?

Normally this truck would act the same way Opel Blitz does from Firestorm - you can ride in it and reinforce from it, but at certain CP it unlocks FRP and allows you to either spawn medics (cannot be controlled, like HQ medics) while its in immobile or just heal nearby units like USF ambulance. If you deactive FRP it goes back on long CD like Major FRP and medics run away
12 Sep 2018, 16:40 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

To clarify, in my suggestion, the one model healer grants a passive healing aura similar to British medkits, provided that the medic model is present and alive.
12 Sep 2018, 16:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Sep 2018, 16:40 PMKasarov

To clarify, in my suggestion, the one model healer grants a passive healing aura similar to British medkits, provided that the medic model is present and alive.

That might also work, as long as healing radius is bigger than tommy medkits, those struggle even with 4 man squads nearby
12 Sep 2018, 17:47 PM

Now going after my tests, and sturmpanthers post earlier. The only thing correct here stated is you cannot toggle it off while in combat. It DOES NOT cut your munis income in half.

Emergency repairs is at 40 munis while soviet is 35. Soviet repair has no HP cap while OKWs is going to be 300 currently and has a delay.

Again balance team, prove you have at least some competence and fix the disparity ^^^

Emergency repairs can repair criticals. Maybe could giving it a smoke while acting the ability just as brits do could make this ability more useful.(then maybe 60 munis in that case)
12 Sep 2018, 18:12 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post12 Sep 2018, 10:48 AMKirrik
Armored Elite does not need anything else, it never needed rework in first place, it just needed buffs to lackluster stuff it got.
Changes just for the sake of changes are bad, thats how Osttruppen ended up with useless supply drop - people thought resource conversion wasnt good enough and "commander needed something else".
Relay is recon ability of this commander, sticking into another commander, especially Overwatch is pointless - that one already has good recon on its own

Ostruppen ended up not being any better than before because someone in the balance team decided to fuck it up without listening to others. Helping Hans used to use Ostruppen a lot more before the changes and now he doesn't. I used to love the doctrine and the only change I wanted was to make railroad arty a bit better ie. not having a MASSIVE delay when there is already a sound cue. Pathfinder arty is better in every way, less scatter, cheaper, no delay. Same with stormtrooper changes. NOBODY asked for it. Most players just want cheaper stgs or else leave it alone. You can blame Jae for Jett for the stormtrooper changes and the Ostruppen doc is still as unpopular as before after the changes it received.

Don't blame Axis players when you are extremely biased yourself. You think dozer should be like Brummbar because it's doctrinal. The dozer is almost like a Brum (thank god it's not) since you only tech Major which is equivalent to Ost T3 not T4. But you somehow have a problem with the new StugE because it's good. I doubt you've even tried it. And by your logic, it's doctrinal, it should be good.
12 Sep 2018, 18:37 PM

Give Elite Armor the Hetzer. Keep Signal relay, but merge emergency repairs with HEAT since they both add abilities to tanks. EZPZ
PAGES (107)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight