Login

russian armor

Feedback for Commander Revamppatch

PAGES (107)down
1 Sep 2018, 15:26 PM

What would make the NKVD commander more thematic, I make a suggestion on the basis of this NKVD border troops photography.

In the photo Tokarev Light Carbine is the first Soviet experimental submachine gun: it has a firing rate of 1000 rounds per minute and shoots a cartridge from the Nagan revolver, because of the long barrel and powerful cartridge, the bullet punches three pine inch boards. About 600 pieces were made, it was used by the soldiers of the Kalinin Front in 1942 (it may be NKVD soldiers as in the photo, it can be regular troops). My proposal is to give three carbines to conscripts. This powerful weapon will be close to STG.

P.S. I think for Relic it will not be a problem to draw a small carabiner model.
1 Sep 2018, 16:09 PM

What would make the NKVD commander more thematic, I make a suggestion on the basis of this NKVD border troops photography.

In the photo Tokarev Light Carbine is the first Soviet experimental submachine gun: it has a firing rate of 1000 rounds per minute and shoots a cartridge from the Nagan revolver, because of the long barrel and powerful cartridge, the bullet punches three pine inch boards. About 600 pieces were made, it was used by the soldiers of the Kalinin Front in 1942 (it may be NKVD soldiers as in the photo, it can be regular troops). My proposal is to give three carbines to conscripts. This powerful weapon will be close to STG.

P.S. I think for Relic it will not be a problem to draw a small carabiner model.

Yeah but it sounds like new models are off the table for Coh2 and this gun basicaly just sounds like the ppshs functionally (in game I mean).
1 Sep 2018, 16:16 PM

Sooooo, i have read nothing nor played anything of this and i'm a bit lazy (sorry :oops:) , is there a link where the latest patch notes are linked or just the first post of this thread? Any other things i should keep in mind when playing the mod?

I'll try to play a few games soon, but dont know if ill have time for it. Any deadlines?

Sure

https://community.companyofheroes.com/discussion/245307/commander-revamp-preview-changelog

Scroll down to check newest patch versions
1 Sep 2018, 16:31 PM

Yeah but it sounds like new models are off the table for Coh2 and this gun basicaly just sounds like the ppshs functionally (in game I mean).

Correction: a bullet punched 3 pine inch boards at a distance of 200 meters. These weapons are much more powerful than PPSh. Therefore, I wrote that this light carbine can be made close to the STG.
1 Sep 2018, 16:35 PM

Correction: a bullet punched 3 pine inch boards at a distance of 200 meters. These weapons are much more powerful than PPSh. Therefore, I wrote that this light carbine can be made close to the STG.

Yeah, and the AK47 can punch through railway tracks... Give me a break from the Soviet propaganda.
1 Sep 2018, 16:48 PM

Yeah, and the AK47 can punch through railway tracks... Give me a break from the Soviet propaganda.

You may not believe it, but the M2 Carabiner is an analogue of the TobarevLight Carabin, both use a revolver type cartridge. And the M2 has a greater range of fire and more penetrating than the submachine guns.
1 Sep 2018, 17:43 PM

Can someone explain to me why OKW still doesn't have the ability to build caches?
I get why the didn't have them at release due to truck abilities... but that was removed a long time ago. So... why?
1 Sep 2018, 17:56 PM

Can someone explain to me why OKW still doesn't have the ability to build caches?
I get why the didn't have them at release due to truck abilities... but that was removed a long time ago. So... why?

The reasons are a few, first off is original design, the OKW are meant to portray the 1944 German Army pushing through Ardennes, altho nobody can still explain why exactly they're lacking some better support weapons.

So that would mean low resources, they had to salvage a lot and so forth, hence the salvage ability for OKW Infantry.

Then we have their design choices, which were those "truck abilities" you mention, after which they were removed the OKW resource gathering was standardized to that of the other Armies.

Next up we come to the King Tiger, which is the only default heavy tank available to anyone, one might argue that the British have the Comets and Churchills without a doctrine however, I would consider the Comet more of an upgrade to the Cromwell, so a bit better performance, rather than it being a fully-fledged heavy tank, and the Churchill is more of a meatshield/breakthrough/infantry support tank, slow, heavily armored, has a mediocre gun found on most medium tanks so nothing special there, but I would say that it makes a great meatshield for Fireflies and it farting smoke makes it great for providing support to infantry.

So all in all, right now, they probably don't have caches because of the salvage ability and King Tiger.

One possible way of keeping it unique but still having a way to "secure" a territory in order to get more sources is with the 223 Command Car which I already suggested, just given the ability to capture as well as lock down in territory similarly to the Wehrmacht Opel Blitz supply truck, that's all.
1 Sep 2018, 17:59 PM

Its easy:

Because resource starvation is still their historical and gameplay theme.
1 Sep 2018, 18:03 PM

Something like this:

I like it
1 Sep 2018, 18:37 PM

i vote for higher more price on comissar squad then let them upgrade AVT-40 which can be use same model with SVT-40 right ? let them use it as brust fire short to medium range weapon
1 Sep 2018, 18:42 PM

Its easy:

Because resource starvation is still their historical and gameplay theme.

you been visit OKW tutorial i see

MVGame
1 Sep 2018, 18:48 PM

i vote for higher more price on comissar squad then let them upgrade AVT-40 which can be use same model with SVT-40 right ? let them use it as brust fire short to medium range weapon

AVT souds more like weapon upgrade for Penals or Conscripts, not for an officer squad.

I think modders need to decide what they even want of Commisar - officer unit or something like Vanguards Airlanding commando. Right now it's stuck in between
1 Sep 2018, 19:15 PM

Absolutely yes, the difference can hardly be noticed irl if you aren't a weapon expert
1 Sep 2018, 20:14 PM

I looked at a lot of information. From the test documents:

In the tests of 1927 - the penetration was checked on inch boards supplied 1 inch. In addition to firing at 700 and 1000 steps.
Here is the data:
The penetration: shooting was conducted on 200 steps, (12 rounds):
1, 2 and 3 boards broke through all 12 bullets.
4 th - 8 bullets broke, got stuck - 4.
5th - broke through 4, stuck 3, rebounded - 1.
6th - broke through 0, stuck 1 and bounced - 3.
When shooting at 700 steps - a bullet punches a 1.5 inch board.
When shooting at 1000 steps - a bullet punches a 0.5 inch board and gets stuck in the rear of the inch board.

So if Relic is not too lazy and will make this small model, then the Soviets will have an interesting NKVD-themed STG analog.
1 Sep 2018, 20:47 PM

So if Relic is not too lazy and will make this small model, then the Soviets will have an interesting NKVD-themed STG analog.

relic said: 'no new models', isnt hard to understand
1 Sep 2018, 21:01 PM

Relic stopped creating new content for CoH2 years ago.
All this "new" stuff like commander reworks done by modders/community, there wont be any new models, at best modders could only reskin some stuff.
2 Sep 2018, 04:23 AM

Iv been testing the valentine in a vacuum against the AEC and puma, both still beat the valentine in a 1v1 (vet 0 and vet 3, I know it has better amour that could bounce shots but in this case it's rare to non-existent) and has bearly better ai performance than them. Point is, if your after a offensive (and in this case better) vehical early, the AEC is blatently a better option.

I know its strength is utility but hell, with how late it comes out good luck trying to vet it up. I feel like with the sexton ability, it should layby have a stealth ability to close the gap so the arty ability could be performed (maybe instead of the recon ability?) just a suggestion.

Only brushing over the other commanders so far, the only thing I feel right now is with the 5 man gren squad should only be able to pick up 1 weapon like conscripts when they upgrade with the ppsh. I feel like Pioneers costing only 30 muni as well for a 5th man may spell trouble (mayby also consider limiting weapons to one).

One final note, the sturmtiger I feel defiantly needs its suppression to stay longer (whats it now ? less than 3 seconds?).
2 Sep 2018, 07:25 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Bulding for soviet field HQ need to geet retexturing (new skin) without UKF symbols on it and covered PIATS and Brens (make transparent textures for them)

Maybe the new Soviet Field Base could use this model instead. It has a build animation, death animation and all health stages:

"armies\soviet\structures\checkpoint\checkpoint"

This icon matches the model:
2 Sep 2018, 09:24 AM

Alright so I tested out the German Infantry Doctrine now as well.

Stormtroopers are nice but a bit too CQC for my taste, I think they are a bit better in the Elite Troops doctrine where they can upgrade to both Schrecks and G43s and be effective at a longer range, since they're basically in the same spot as the Panzergrenadiers right now where they're a close combat unit with an AT weapon that isn't particularly effective against infantry, especially at close range.

The Assault officer is a bit overlapping with the STs in my opinion as well as others have already wrote down.

5 man squads are nice I suppose but I haven't tested out the 5 man Grenadier squad yet, Pioneers are good tho, especially together with the Flamethrower, I think they also repair and build just a tiny bit faster. I only think that Panzergrenadiers should also get a 5th man for all intents and purposes since they are a pseudo "elite" assault squad for the Wehrmacht after all.

Nothing much to speak about the Frag bombs and Sprint abilities, I only used sprint to get my guys faster to the front when I had to retreat them, Frag Bombs I almost couldn't use at all because of the amount of other ammunition abilities at my disposal.

My suggestion is replacing the Stormtrooper squad with the Urban Assault Panzergrenadiers from the Urban Assault doctrine, MP40s armed 4 man squad initially, has the 5th man upgrade, and can also upgrade to a single flamethrower and StG 44s, they also have the bundled grenade (I really hate satchel charges), and the German magnetic HEAT grenade (Hafthohlladung) and med kits. They will also be able to only repair vehicles (I'll come to why this would be useful in a bit).

The reason for this is because as others have pointed out, the MP40s on STs are a bit weird, plus the Soviets got the commissar as a new unique unit, I think this would be the perfect opportunity to give the Wehrmacht something new as well while keeping it practical.

Another suggestion I have is the inclusion of the Forward Supply Station to replace the global Sprint ability, again from the Urban Assault Doctrine, I think it's better to have a manpower and fuel based ability to sort of provides the same effect as Sprint, and that being the shortening of walking to reinforce basically.

My last suggestion for the doctrine is the replacement of the Artillery Officer with the Tiger, another manpower and fuel based call in. Together with the Urban Assault Panzergrenadiers they will synarges well, plus many other Infantry themed commanders are present for the Soviets that have either KV1s, KV8s or T-34/85s in them as well, along with the USF Rifle Company which has the E8s. It will basically be there to support your guys on the ground and be as I said, another thing that doesn't cost ammo because I think that the 5th man upgrade costing ammo, plus the "US" PGs have a lot of ammo costing abilities, plus the Frag Rounds is enough and balances it out.

I also had the idea of an "Advanced Bunkers" ability instead of the Forward Supply Station that basically gave the Bunkers a 4th upgrade with repair pioneers to sort of act like the Soviet repair shop from Sov Industry, and a forward retreat point ability to the command bunker, effectively just splitting up Forward Supply Station, the problem with this is that I didn't plan for "US" PGs to be able to build, they give up their building capabilities in order to be able to repair vehicles and synergise with the Tiger. It's also something that will again cost munitions and in general, I think it just fits in more with the Defensive doctrine, making it more unique and using the Osttruppen to build bunkers around.

Maybe either the Pak 43 or Sector Artillery can be replaced there with this, seeing as the Pak is nuked before it can even fire a few rounds off and Sector Arty seems a bit broken right now anyhow, if it's not possible to salvage it that is, perhaps it would break the mentality of people that this is just "Osttruppen 2.0" when it gives bunkers a little bit more utility.
PAGES (107)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS