Login

russian armor

Feedback for Commander Revamppatch

PAGES (107)down
31 Aug 2018, 19:47 PM

Yeah, that's also why I suggested that the Osttruppen get an AT rifle package upgrade because of the well, just uselessness of the Pak43 in most cases because it can get dealt with so easily.

The StuG E is a nice non tech alternative to the Brummbar tho, maybe if they don't add AT rifles to Osttruppen a Hetzer TD can replace the Pak 43 or something.

I understand the pak43 because 2 shot most allied vehicles, but it gets insta nuked almost everytime. The stug e is a meme, its super inconsistent and dies in 3 atg shots, probably would prefer to tech and get a p4
31 Aug 2018, 20:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Aug 2018, 19:47 PMLuciano

I understand the pak43 because 2 shot most allied vehicles, but it gets insta nuked almost everytime. The stug e is a meme, its super inconsistent and dies in 3 atg shots, probably would prefer to tech and get a p4

Agreed, that's why I don't bother with static defenses, they all get nuked rather easily in general, if I want Arty I got either UKF for the Sexton or USF for the Priest, that is, non rocket arty.

The problem here is that as the name suggests it's a "Defensive" doctrine, giving it tank call ins like the StuG E is a bit counter-intuitive, but then again we're really running out of options here, I mean people are bitching about it but in reality Osttruppen really work well with Defensive Tools or whatever it's called now because they're easily spammable and can all build trenches, while if you didn't have them the ability is largely useless because you're confined to less building and manning power basically, as my past experience with the commander proves.

The only real defensive choices as I already noted down in the Wehr command revamp discussion topic were Osttruppen, cheap spammable infantry to build and man the line, the Panzer IV Command Tank since it gives out defensive buffs, the Elefant because if we're honest it's just a mobile Pak 43, the problem is that it's already present in 2 doctrines which is a non-written limit for both of the Armies, the Soviets also only have the ISU-152 in 2 doctrines.

Maybe just replacing the StuG E with Panzer IV Command Tank since it's a bit more defensively oriented and replace the Sector Artillery with either Hull down or a LeFH 19, given that the Osttruppen are present, they can help out with the digging in of tanks, even better if they can dig in friendly tanks.
31 Aug 2018, 20:31 PM

Defensive Doctrine being the rework is actually a good opportunity to whack Brace on the Pak 43. The giant ATGs really benefit from that ability.

That, and/or maybe make it a non-decrewable like the UKF one.
31 Aug 2018, 20:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Aug 2018, 20:31 PMLago
Defensive Doctrine being the rework is actually a good opportunity to whack Brace on the Pak 43. The giant ATGs really benefit from that ability.

That, and/or maybe make it a non-decrewable like the UKF one.

Pak43 with brace will break game. IL-2 Bombing run was meant to counter that thing, if you cant nuke it with planes Sov wont a single way to remove it at all. Sov howitzers arent answer because they get insta-deleted by dive/fragbomb+recon found in half of ostheer commanders.
31 Aug 2018, 21:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Aug 2018, 20:52 PMKirrik

Pak43 with brace will break game. IL-2 Bombing run was meant to counter that thing, if you cant nuke it with planes Sov wont a single way to remove it at all. Sov howitzers arent answer because they get insta-deleted by dive/fragbomb+recon found in half of ostheer commanders.

So what's the point of these static guns then, including the British emplacements?

Besides historical authenticity, if we could tow them then yes, they would be useful, but right now we can't so we're better off not having/building them at all, or having their mobile variants.

Hell the British don't even need the Bofors, they have the Centaur for AA purposes.

And the 17 pounder I still don't see as often even after the change to it's pop cap.

And I never even see the Mortar pit unless it's some Sim City type dude trolling with it or a newcomer playing.
31 Aug 2018, 21:09 PM

You should adress relic that question. Why for example soviets even have howitzers when half of Ostheer commander roster can just auto-delete them at will with recon + bomb combo? It's been like this since day one and nothing changed.
It's not like giving Pak brace will help it against priest or (buffed)sexton for example. It will just make soviets unplayable for team games and thats all it will achieve.
31 Aug 2018, 21:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Aug 2018, 21:09 PMKirrik
You should adress relic that question. Why for example soviets even have howitzers when half of Ostheer commander roster can just auto-delete them at will with recon + bomb combo? It's been like this since day one and nothing changed.
It's not like giving Pak brace will help it against priest or (buffed)sexton for example. It will just make soviets unplayable for team games and thats all it will achieve.

I'm not for giving it brace, I'm just wondering what's the purpose of it's existence even if it can be so easily taken out, that's all.
31 Aug 2018, 21:26 PM

I dont know what could be done with defensive doctrine. Just was pointing that I dont find any point of using a doctrine that doesnt offer me tools better than the non doctrinal ones. Maybe someone else has good ideas. S mines for grenadiers?
31 Aug 2018, 21:29 PM

Return Hulldown and give this doctrine Goliaths, Ostheer still does not have demo charges.
31 Aug 2018, 22:27 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

i would like to mention some UI fixes for proposal changes:
Commissar should use soviet icon for propaganda, not OKW variant.
->

+1 squad member commander passive icon and upgrade icon for squads can use this icon. Minimalistic and informative

I know it is british guys on it, but i can make the same icon with germans or with grey silhouettes

Bulding for soviet field HQ need to geet retexturing (new skin) without UKF symbols on it and covered PIATS and Brens (make transparent textures for them)

Disable merge for Commisar. It is hillarious to see conscript with imagine pistol (yeah it doesn't get a gun).
1 Sep 2018, 00:51 AM

Permanently Banned
I made a poll about the Stormtroopers and most agree than StG upgrades should stay and at a slightly lower price, too.

https://www.coh2.org/topic/82327/stormtrooper-changes
1 Sep 2018, 09:10 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Aug 2018, 18:50 PMVipper

All booby traps abilities would be allot better designed if the explosion turned incendiary and the left DOT fire.

Delayed explosions (like Panzer Elite boobytraps in CoH1) would be another option. These would kill 1-2 squad members every second or so after a 2-3 second initial delay (with audio cue). Either way would give players time to react but still kill the entirety/majority of the squad if no action is taken. But then the price might have to be lowered as well.
1 Sep 2018, 09:13 AM

That sounds more like a micro tax than a meaningful bleed tool.
1 Sep 2018, 09:35 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

+1 squad member commander passive icon and upgrade icon for squads can use this icon. Minimalistic and informative

I know it is british guys on it, but i can make the same icon with germans or with grey silhouettes

Something like this:
1 Sep 2018, 11:42 AM

Hi everyone.

my thoughts of the Commander revamp:

German Infantry doctrine:

I really like the new Stormtroopers with their MP40. now you can spawn out of the building and kill some retreating enemys. And the with the g43 update you can make them a distance unit.The boobytrap fits their role as behind enemy lines infantry!
BUT..
The Stormtroopers and the Arty Officer are both close distance fighting call in Units. I dont need them both!.
In the beginning i was very happy about the 5 man gren squad, but without the lmg they are less effective and i only have a bit more time until i have to retried/refill them.
It's hard to say but this doctrine doesn't have anything why i would pick it.

I think i am the only one who liked the old german infantry doctrine. It was just way too ammunition heavy.
Just give it an infantry supporting vehicle call in instead of the arty barrage, like (Stug3E, Command P4, Panzer4F1 (would be a unique unit), or a Puma). The P4F1 and Stug3E were invented to support infantry so it would perfectly fit this Doctrine.
and the Relief infantry ability was the heart of this doctrine (another ability nobody likes but you can be pretty effective with it).

Defence doctrine:

I really like the combination of Osttruppen with Stug3E and Pak43.
if the people think it's osttruppen2.0 then give it relief infantry instead of osttruppen. then you can refill the Pak43 cheap, and support your infantry with the Stug3E against infantry.
Osttruppen <444>3 Stug3E <444>3 Pak43

NKVD:

i like the new Commisarsquad very much ! It fits perfectly the theme of the doctrine.
maybe it has too many abillities, make them less but stronger.
only thing i dont use is the aircraft attack. It doens't help me for attacking very much.
give this doctrine something, what helps you against enemy tanks or rapid conscription.
with rapid cons. you can make hard attacks with lots of Conscripts which are buffed and supported by the commisar.

Urban defence:

I really really like the new Pak1942 !
it's now really worth to buy it.
i wouldn't change this doctrine.
maybe forward headquarter can be upgraded with forward retreat point but that's all.

Keep up the good work and you Suppport over 5 years. Thank you Relic !
1 Sep 2018, 14:44 PM

Overwatch: I feel like the JLI squad is redundant considering most of the doctrine has already recon centered ability. Also, JLI is not the only infantry in need of some tweaks

Jaeger Light Infantry replaced with Panzerfusiliers

-Panzerfusiliers are avaiable at 0 CP
-Panzerfusiliers spawn as 5 men squad, with only kar 98k sharing the same stats as Grens
-Cost 300 mp to be called in
-Cost 28 mp to reinforce
-Can upgrade with 2 and only 2 G43 for 90 munition.
-Model 24 stats adjusted to be in line with pineapple
-Rifle flare removed

This is aimed at reworking Panzerfusiliers as a long range mainline of high quality and scaling as alternative to volks, in a similar way in which OST gets the option to call in Osttruppen. It's a tradeoff between a bigger field presence, flame nade utility and lower mainline bleed and a stronger mainline.

That said JLI could be reworked as well

Jaeger Light Infantry from Scarvenge Doctrine

-Lower reinforce cost (as in actual revamp)
-Now gets timed demolition charges (like paratroopers) to bring down structures.
-Booby trap replaced with Incendiary booby trap (kudos to @Vipper), it sets up faster and cost marginally less, but for several seconds the point can't be capped without damaging the troops within the circle.
-Added rifle grenade (remove camo upon usage)

From a generic long range support unit to a thematically interesting recon unit with different abilities from Obersoldaten.

1 Sep 2018, 15:25 PM
Senior Referee Badge

Sooooo, i have read nothing nor played anything of this and i'm a bit lazy (sorry :oops:) , is there a link where the latest patch notes are linked or just the first post of this thread? Any other things i should keep in mind when playing the mod?

I'll try to play a few games soon, but dont know if ill have time for it. Any deadlines?
PAGES (107)down
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS