Login

russian armor

Feedback for Commander Revamppatch

PAGES (107)down
25 Sep 2018, 19:55 PM

Speaking of NKVD, I think that Scorched Earth trap is a gimmick, there are far better munition sinks in that doctrine (IL-2 loiter, Propaganda).

Maybe it could be replaced with Partisans (PPSh version)
It feels kinda weird that NKVD doctrine has zero infiltration units, and if there are units in the game that desperately need a rework/buff thats them.
25 Sep 2018, 19:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2018, 19:55 PMKirrik
Speaking of NKVD, I think that Scorched Earth trap is a gimmick.

You think so?
Imagine it on your cutoff then.
25 Sep 2018, 20:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2018, 19:57 PMKatitof

You think so?
Imagine it on your cutoff then.

It can be disabled with mine detector, isnt it? It's hardly worth more than a normal mine
Plus trap itself is set up by engineers, you can give it Partisans too and rework them as well
25 Sep 2018, 20:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2018, 19:55 PMKirrik
Speaking of NKVD, I think that Scorched Earth trap is a gimmick, there are far better munition sinks in that doctrine (IL-2 loiter, Propaganda).

Maybe it could be replaced with Partisans (PPSh version)
It feels kinda weird that NKVD doctrine has zero infiltration units, and if there are units in the game that desperately need a rework/buff thats them.

It does feel gimmicky in the sense that you know that it's just in there because it's an unused ability in the game and the balance team wanted to use it. I think it's current iteration is about as good as you can get without it being OP. It's more niche for use on fuel and munitions points to double down on resource harassment than a good defensive ability like Booby Trap. I think it'd be a solid "use often" ability if they added back the flare and guaranteed 1 model wipe to make it a fancy flare trip mine so you know you get some return for the munitions (otherwise you use it solely for the resource effect because the fire is way too random to guarantee damage to squads).
25 Sep 2018, 20:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2018, 20:02 PMKirrik

It can be disabled with mine detector, isnt it? It's hardly worth more than a normal mine
Plus trap itself is set up by engineers, you can give it Partisans too and rework them as well

Saving your cut-off for 90 seconds is not worth it? And what about ruining your opponents cut-off? Your opponent pushed you back and wants to cap the fuel? Nope, he's stalled for 90 seconds while you can reinforce for a counterattack. It's a resource denial tool and an extra thing for Axis players to worry about. If that doesn't seem worth it to you for 35 munitions, then don't use it.

Yeah, sweepers can counter it, but the enemy pios would have to be at the right place at the right time and not be placing mines / repairing vehicles / building at base / fighting.
25 Sep 2018, 20:37 PM

Saving your cut-off for 90 seconds is not worth it? And what about ruining your opponents cut-off? Your opponent pushed you back and wants to cap the fuel? Nope, he's stalled for 90 seconds while you can reinforce for a counterattack. It's a resource denial tool and an extra thing for Axis players to worry about. If that doesn't seem worth it to you for 35 munitions then don't use it.

Yeah, sweepers can counter it, but the enemy pios would have to be at the right place at the right time and not be placing mines / repairing vehicles / building at base / fighting.

I doubt you can pull that off more than once after opponent realizes you got NKVD selected. And since trap is not an offmap it could be given to Partisans too, just within this doctrine like Recon Pathfinders who get special abilities compared to normal Pathfinders
26 Sep 2018, 02:55 AM

Can simply add ez8 to mechanized instead of making 76 sherman more like a ez8? and leave rifle companys for later revamp?
in addition, reserve amour is better fit the theme of rifle company(maybe no 76 sherman but able to upgrade 75 sherman to crocodile. In fact, I don't think it make sense to upgrade a 75 sherman if u can build a 76). exchange their ability would be fine.
26 Sep 2018, 06:15 AM

Can simply add ez8 to mechanized instead of making 76 sherman more like a ez8? and leave rifle companys for later revamp?
in addition, reserve amour is better fit the theme of rifle company(maybe no 76 sherman but able to upgrade 75 sherman to crocodile. In fact, I don't think it make sense to upgrade a 75 sherman if u can build a 76). exchange their ability would be fine.

A bulldozer for Rifle company would make some sense since it would be able to erect barricades which infantry could use as cover.

But sadly there is no way to make a proper moving Crocodile as SneakEye found out, that's why the OT-34 and Sherman croc are emplacements in his mod.
26 Sep 2018, 06:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2018, 20:37 PMKirrik

I doubt you can pull that off more than once after opponent realizes you got NKVD selected. And since trap is not an offmap it could be given to Partisans too, just within this doctrine like Recon Pathfinders who get special abilities compared to normal Pathfinders

You haven't play Coh1 to say that. Imo this ability is just something that shouldn't been design first hand as stupid it is and completely going against the game generic rules.
26 Sep 2018, 07:13 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Sep 2018, 06:43 AMEsxile

You haven't play Coh1 to say that. Imo this ability is just something that shouldn't been design first hand as stupid it is and completely going against the game generic rules.

+1
26 Sep 2018, 08:12 AM

Oh the good old times of PE booby trapping literally every flag and building lol. Even with good micro it was eventually unavoidable to lose models or even squads to it. I loved playing Scorched Earth.
26 Sep 2018, 09:35 AM

Booby trap in garrisons and scorched earth BS were nothing compared to PE blobbing in general and Kangaroo/staghound abuse, cant blame me for forgetting that particular cheesy crap when there were so much of it in first place
26 Sep 2018, 10:42 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I want to ask some questions about 76mm Sherman:
1. Does veterancy three modiffer spread on HVAP shells?
2. Does veterancy three got changed for M4C too?
3. Why M4C didn‘t get HVAP like his twin brother from USF?
26 Sep 2018, 11:18 AM

I want to ask some questions about 76mm Sherman:

There is absolutely no reason for the soviet and USF to have the stats and role. The USF is already superior with radio net, smoke and crew.

Try to balance both unit in different factions is very difficult and serves little purpose.
(see Panthers and PzIVs).

Veterancy issues have to do with the fact that soviet version uses the very high T-34/76 vet bonuses and the penetration buff seem out of place when the unit already has HVAP shells options.

It would be eqully out of place for the 75mm Sherman to get more AOE in its main gun.
26 Sep 2018, 12:45 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Sep 2018, 11:18 AMVipper

There is absolutely no reason for the soviet and USF to have the stats and role. The USF is already superior with radio net, smoke and crew.
Veterancy issues have to do with the fact that soviet version uses the very high T-34/76 vet bonuses and the penetration buff seem out of place when the unit already has HVAP shells options.

It would be eqully out of place for the 75mm Sherman to get more AOE in its main gun.

According to first commanders revamp, they are identical in all other stats. I doubt this sherman has different veterancy 2 and 3 from soviet version(untill version 1.5 of course).
Allows M4A3 76mm tanks to be deployed from the Battalion Command Post; same stats as the M4C, can use Smokescreen ability.

In summary:
1. American M4A3(76)W gets new abillity with increased penetration (HVAP).
2. American M4A3(76)W gets new veterancy 3 with exchanged reload speed for penetration.
76mm Sherman
-Veterancy Three 0.8 reload modifier replaced with +25% main gun penetration.
-Can now swap between regular ammunition and HVAP; HVAP has improved penetration and accuracy, but increases reload time by 1.6 seconds.

3. Soviet M4A2(76)W a.k.a. M4C did not get HVAP rounds.
4. It is not certain, did M4A2(76)W get new veterancy exchange like M4A3(76)W or not.

So, my questions still valid.

P.S. During last rebalnce, Panthers get the same stats. So it is possible to balance one unit in two factions. ^_^
PANTHER CHANGES
Both Panthers are being standardized in reload and accuracy to improve performance; the health bonus at veterancy 2 has been shifted to the unit’s stock performance to improve its survivability against tank destroyers. Now possibly in its best spot yet.
• Wehr Panther fuel cost from 175 to 185
• Wehr far accuracy increased from 0.03 to 0.035
• HP increase from 800 to 960 (all variants)
• Front armour reduced to 260
• Veterancy 2 +160 HP bonus replaced by +10% armour bonus
• OKW Panther reload from 6.1 - 6.4 to 5.2 - 5.6
• Rear armour reduced from 110 to 90 (all variants)

26 Sep 2018, 13:11 PM

So, my questions still valid.
P.S. During last rebalnce, Panthers get the same stats. So it is possible to balance one unit in two factions. ^_^

Your question are valid and I would also actually like to know the answers. I am simply pointing out that Soviet M4C performance does have not have to be linked to USF.

Panther and PzIV where and are different across factions and it cause no problems.
13 of 18 Relic postsRelic 26 Sep 2018, 20:54 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Hey guys,

The latest mod is now live. Change notes can be found here: https://community.companyofheroes.com/discussion/245307/commander-revamp-preview-changelog#latest

Thanks to everyone for their continued feedback and discussion.
26 Sep 2018, 21:12 PM

It's not in the patchnotes but:

221/223:
- limit of 1 for 223 upgrade removed.
- (crash by recrewing abandoned 223 after having a second one upgraded thereby fixed)
- upgrade for 223 now correctly priced at 100MP / 10FU
- lockdown ability of 'securing' territory removed. Enemy can now capture said territory.

26 Sep 2018, 21:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Sep 2018, 20:54 PMAndy_RE
Stormtroopers
-Now spawn with Grenadier Kar98ks; can upgrade to MP40s for free. 15 second upgrade time in order to require more strategic deployment.

Pretty much the perfect solution.

Retains the often desired ability to spawn out of a building, garrison it, and fire at range from it into enemies' backs, while also offering the ability to rush from behind with SMGs.

Just one question: can the upgrade be initialized while in a building?
26 Sep 2018, 21:27 PM

Just one question: can the upgrade be initialized while in a building?

Yes they can.
PAGES (107)down
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Livestreams

New Zealand 71

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak