Login

russian armor

Feedback for Commander Revamppatch

PAGES (107)down
3 Oct 2018, 17:55 PM

I think that Elite Vehicle Crew's increased veterancy gain should be removed now that it's passive. Other veterancy gain buffs have been removed from the game for good reason.

(though it would be nice if something was done about the lower veterancy gains of mine sweeper units)

Also, I'm still not convinced that the new Defensive Doctrine isn't just a better version of the Osttruppen Doctrine.
3 Oct 2018, 18:06 PM

An idea for the Airborne Pathfinders that'll really help in order to fix airborne a bit.

Literally, make them the same as IR Pathfinders and equalize the ability to call down artillery strikes and build beacons.

Also, does it not feel weird that airborne doesn't have access to basic air strafing abilities?
3 Oct 2018, 18:13 PM

I think that Elite Vehicle Crew's increased veterancy gain should be removed now that it's passive. Other veterancy gain buffs have been removed from the game for good reason.

(though it would be nice if something was done about the lower veterancy gains of mine sweeper units)

Also, I'm still not convinced that the new Defensive Doctrine isn't just a better version of the Osttruppen Doctrine.

Other veterancy gains were instant, massive exp, so you had vet 2-3 squad in a matter of singular click.
Hardly the same thing.
3 Oct 2018, 18:28 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Other veterancy gains were instant, massive exp, so you had vet 2-3 squad in a matter of singular click.
Hardly the same thing.

I think he was referring to the British Tank Commander +10% passive vet gain that was removed.
3 Oct 2018, 18:38 PM

Permanently Banned
Regarding pathfinder arty, I find Railroad arty to be completely inferior as only the first shell does anything whereas pathfinder arty is cheaper, has less initial delay and the rest of the shells land almost immediately after the first one.
3 Oct 2018, 18:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Oct 2018, 17:28 PMVipper

Another approach for the KV-2 (possibly for dozer and brumabr also) would be the following:
Unit can act as tank but with munition with allot smaller AOE and low deflection damage.

The unit can enter siege mode where it can not move and gets to fire up to 3 HE rounds at extended ranges not as barrage but shots directed by the user, sort of an attack ground.

After exiting siege mode the ability goes to cool-down.

With these change the unit's balances can be near KV-1 (having better AI and some deflection damage) with a price in the vicinity of 500/160 and CP around 10-12. One could even try to increase limit from 1 to 2 (or even completely remove it if it is moved to T4) since the unit would be closer to heavy tank than a Super heavy tank.

As long as it makes it "unique" and practical.

I'd still go for the SPG route if anything else.
3 Oct 2018, 18:45 PM

Hardly the same thing.

That's a good point. I had also forgotten about the Bulletins that do the same thing. Nevermind, then!

Still; Defensive Doctrine. Too much like Osttruppen Doctrine.
3 Oct 2018, 18:53 PM

That's a good point. I had also forgotten about the Bulletins that do the same thing. Nevermind, then!

Still; Defensive Doctrine. Too much like Osttruppen Doctrine.

Here we go again, I see a lot of these comments but none are suggesting how to make it "not Osttruppen 2.0".

I don't see a problem of the Osttruppen being in a defensively oriented commander, they're meant to be cheap defensive infantry, that's also the reason for their cover/garrison bonus in the first place.

Cheap cannon fodder to build and hold your line, to some extent.
3 Oct 2018, 19:11 PM

Here we go again, I see a lot of these comments but none are suggesting how to make it "not Osttruppen 2.0".

I had suggested, before the Concrete Bunkers with repair stations were added, to make a Heavy Pioneer upgrade with faster repair/construction and AT rifles.

Since the bunkers probably aren't going anywhere, I'm still thinking about an Osttruppen replacement. I mentioned it because I'm sure there are people on the forum who could come up with something more unique.
3 Oct 2018, 19:23 PM

I had suggested, before the Concrete Bunkers with repair stations were added, to make a Heavy Pioneer upgrade with faster repair/construction and AT rifles.

Since the bunkers probably aren't going anywhere, I'm still thinking about an Osttruppen replacement. I mentioned it because I'm sure there are people on the forum who could come up with something more unique.

You want something unique? I'll give you something unique.

These guys:

Reserve Foreign Infantry, mainline replacement infantry for the Grenadiers, acting similarly to the Panzerfusiliers.

5/6 men, armed with K98k Rifles, can be upgraded with G43s/an MG34 depending on where the balance team wants to take them.

Have Panzerfaust and Rifle grenade/normal hand thrown grenade abilities locked behind tech, either BP1 or to the T1 structure.

And of course medical bags.

There's your uniqueness. Hell I even asked Kasarov for some high quality icons for them since I was planning on including them in a new commander mod.
3 Oct 2018, 19:26 PM

An idea for the Airborne Pathfinders that'll really help in order to fix airborne a bit.

Literally, make them the same as IR Pathfinders and equalize the ability to call down artillery strikes and build beacons.

Also, does it not feel weird that airborne doesn't have access to basic air strafing abilities?

Airborne pathfinders can build beacons too. They have an extra scoped garand instead of the arty callin, and IMO arty and p47s would be a bit much in terms of powerful offmaps in one commander.

I think it is weird that airborne doesn’t have strafing runs too. Airborne is out of scope right now I think but if it ever got a rework I would suggest making pathfinders able to call in either air strikes or the airdrop team weapons (with a cp requirement ofc) and give whatever they can’t call in to the commander abilities. As it stands a doctrine where 4/5 of the abilities are just manpower callins, two of which being stock, uncrewed team weapons, very awkward and overly manpower heavy. 0cp pathfinders would also help a lot in that regard.
3 Oct 2018, 22:17 PM

OKW already have radar that penetrate walls. AFAIK, it is 200 mp 5 fuel.

Considering it, 223 with 300 mp and 30 fuel seems too expensive.

For it has no fighting ability, I think 200 mp 20 fuel would fit more to 223.

And 85 sight "without" lockdown is too OP. I suggest 60 sight or "with" lockdown.
3 Oct 2018, 22:26 PM

Cavalry riflemen currently are really strong, their thompson upgrade comes very quickly, and lets them vet up quite quickly. having a combination of covering fire, AT satchel, and smoke seems a little too powerful imo. penals are balanced around the fact that they lose a lot of anti-infantry power when they get their at satchels, however cavalry riflemen are good at both anti-infantry, and offer a powerful AT deterrence, AND has smoke utility, AND can negate high value squads, such as obers, with covering fire.

german infantry doc seems in a weird spot right now, imo it doesnt actually offer anything that would make you want to choose infantry over any other meta commander at the moment.
halftrack - from the gameplay ive seen, it seems to be ok, offers a new strategic option in the early game.
5 man squads - this upgrade imo is actually a huge trap. the dps you lose out on from not going the lmg42 is huge, and lmg42 grens will actually beat 5 men grens at pretty much every range. the only real use for this is actually 5 men pios with flamers. you get a fairly beefy squad and at vet 2 having 5 men with fast repairs is actually pretty good.
stormtroopers - theyre ok, but not game changing like commandos are. their dps output seems good. would be interesting for them to have a faster cap rate or faster base movement speed, but might be a little out of place. also sucks they dont have faust.
tactical movement - fairly underrated imo, but at the same time its a mediocre ability.
frag bomb - the late game option in the doctrine is probably my favorite ostheer muni dump, counters weapon teams and howitzers.

so what it turns into is that 4/5 abilities are fairly mediocre, and not particularly gamechanging. for example, jaeger armor has several amazing abilities: spotting scopes, stuka dive bomb, recon, and elefant. assault support: opel blitz, cheap strafe loiter, frag bomb, tiger, etc etc

if completely switching out abilities is out of the question, some pretty significant changes need to happen to the current ones to make it viable.
5man - maybe have the upgrade give passive healing, increased veterancy gain, decreases reinforce cost, just straight up improves accuracy, caps faster, or gives them sort of ability. there just really isnt a reason to go 5 men grens over lmg grens at the moment, and more often than not is a bad choice becausue youre gonna be reinforcing more. the name of the doctrine is german infantry, and if the premiere ability sucks it would be a shame.
stormtroopers - no changes, maybe faust instead of booby trap.
tactical movement - would be nice to change this ability out for something more powerful in the lategame? not sure what though. lefh maybe, or maybe that incindieary mortar barrage the urban warfare wehr commander used to have, even the pin loiter would be good.

the defensive doctrine kinda suffers from the same problems imo. it doesnt particularly offer anything game changingly powerful to make it attractive over other doctrines. ostruppen offer a new strategic option, but the stugE from my experience seems fairly weak. the concrete bunkers arent particularly impressive imo. repair stations are welcome, but it seems the allied variants are better, soviets are cheaper, and the advanced emplacements repair station also offers reinforcing. sector artillery is actually pretty good now imo, depending on the map it can cover huge portions of the frontline, and its not limited in how many shells drop, like the royal artillery doctrines sector artillery is.
3 Oct 2018, 22:51 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I think Mr. Smith once mentioned something about increasing exp gain on either the vehicle or the crew would de-sync the veterancy when recrewing. I'm not sure if this has been accounted for or not, but it does cause worry. Ultimately whether or not it de-syncs vet between crews is going to decide my vote whether or not it remains in the game.

@Miragefla, could you give us an answer?
4 Oct 2018, 00:01 AM

I think Mr. Smith once mentioned something about increasing exp gain on either the vehicle or the crew would de-sync the veterancy when recrewing. I'm not sure if this has been accounted for or not, but it does cause worry. Ultimately whether or not it de-syncs vet between crews is going to decide my vote whether or not it remains in the game.

Well easiest way to test would be to just go in a game and hop a vehicle crew out right?
4 Oct 2018, 00:03 AM
Developer Relic Badge

Seems to be the case, particularly for the WC 51 that gets shared vet, so that will likely get removed, though it will make the WC 51 a massive pain to vet up which means another method needs to be found. For Vehicle Crews, the veterancy can easily be removed since it auto grants increased repairs and tommy guns.
4 Oct 2018, 00:06 AM

Seems to be the case, particularly for the WC 51 that gets shared vet, so that will likely get removed, though it will make the WC 51 a massive pain to vet up which means another method needs to be found. For Vehicle Crews, the veterancy can easily be removed since it auto grants increased repairs and tommy guns.

Why not just decrease the wc51s veterancy requirements? They seem very high right now, as I was only able to get a wc51 to like vet2 after about 15 minutes of almost constant fighting with the mg upgrade for ten of those minutes.
4 Oct 2018, 00:53 AM

The vet desync also happens to the m3-halftrack
4 Oct 2018, 03:07 AM

And some more suggestion to commanders.

1. OKW does not have Anti tank air global skill (Ost, Sov, Usf has air AT skill, Brit have arty support). Consider not only deleting sector raid of overwatch, but change to anti tank skill (kanonen or arty support or etc...)

2. USF Tactical support strafing run is useless, especially compared to Advanced warfare(soviet)s same skill. USF strafing run has almost half dmg of soviet. Consider buff or change to other skill.

3. As I mentioned above, 120 range 200 mp 5 fuel no-commander IR radar half track would make 300 mp 30 fuel 223 car useless. Consider nerf that radar. Or making it to commander only unit also would applicable.(As brit's valentine)

4. JagdtTiger 3-round supporting fire still stucks because it cannot fire high. Please consider 3-round supporting fire can penetrate obstacle...

5. IR pathfinder still weak to participate battle... Considering USF units have no AT nade without riflemen, please consider giving IR pathfinder AT nade.
4 Oct 2018, 03:30 AM

I noticed when making my mod that shared veterancy for vehicles isn't given to crews. Haven't seen other desyncs, though. I wonder if there's a clever way around it?
PAGES (107)down
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Livestreams

Russian Federation 26
unknown 5
United States 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %