Login

russian armor

US BARS

25 Aug 2018, 19:01 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

Right, I was generalizing when I said rifles. I could type out "rifles except garands, g43s, and elite m1 carbines" every time instead of rifles, but thats unnecessarily long and besides the point. For each weapon one of the choices is ideal, and the environmental factors that alter which choice is best affect each weapon nearly equally.

More onto topic, I still dont think shadowlink made a really convincing reason as to why BARs and G43s shouldnt have the moving performance that they currently do.
25 Aug 2018, 20:24 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

It's that it sounds like "Rifles" are rifleman, that's why it's confusing.
26 Aug 2018, 02:36 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

Ah, I see the issue now. No way to refer to that class of weapon as anything other than rifles though :/ Given that I only referred to weapons/classes of weapons and not squads, I think I was as clear as I could have been.
26 Aug 2018, 03:48 AM

Easy mistake. Generally rifles is used for the squad, the weapons are usually bolts or semis (or out right names) doesn't matter so much but you say rifles we think a 280mp 5 man squad.
29 Aug 2018, 11:37 AM

Yes, on the paper bar does more damage than STG. But Volk is like 10 times tankier than riflemen and cheaper to build and reinforce. It is like you are comparing glass cannon vs a tank. Rifle DPS doesn't match the tackiness of volks. Escipaclly late game, riflemen are so bad. If only riflemen are not so squishy I would say usf is not a bad faction. I destroyed ihitto AKA USF OP nerf more (Top 10 usf player)every time when I played against him as OKW. He is a very good player, but the usf faction is really bad ATM. Unless you play WC truck like twistytoosty.
29 Aug 2018, 11:40 AM

Yes, on the paper bar does more damage than STG. But Volk is like 10 times tankier than riflemen and cheaper to build and reinforce. It is like you are comparing glass cannon vs a tank. Rifle DPS doesn't match the tackiness of volks. Escipaclly late game, riflemen are so bad. If only riflemen are not so squishy I would say usf is not a bad faction. I destroyed ihitto AKA USF OP nerf more (Top 10 usf player)every time when I played against him as OKW. He is a very good player, but the usf faction is really bad ATM. Unless you play WC truck like twistytoosty.

lol, if you fight volks in green cover while being in red cover then of course they're gonna be tankier.
29 Aug 2018, 11:51 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Aug 2018, 11:40 AMFarlon

lol, if you fight volks in green cover while being in red cover then of course they're gonna be tankier.

You do realize volks can lay sandbags whenever, and USF are not able to do that unless picked a doc.
I am talking about both in yellow cover mid-range. BTW we just played a game together.
29 Aug 2018, 12:52 PM

But Volk is like 10 times tankier than riflemen

How exactly are they 10 times tankier? They can build their own green cover but this is situational. In even fights stock Volks will lose (heavily) to stock Rifles at close/mid range and mid/long range is basically an RNG coin toss who wins, while this is supposed to be the ideal distance for Volks.

29 Aug 2018, 20:01 PM

Yes, on the paper bar does more damage than STG. But Volk is like 10 times tankier than riflemen and cheaper to build and reinforce. It is like you are comparing glass cannon vs a tank.

I don't even wat.

Even assuming that RM arnt standing behind the superior sandbags that are tank traps, riflemen has objectively better received accuracy.
29 Aug 2018, 21:12 PM

Volks cheap cost in building and reinforcing does allow OKW immensely stronger field presence with 3 or 4 volks than an equivalent 3 or 4 rifles. (Usually 3 with an officer.)

I think field presence is being confused with tankiness. An upgraded and/or vetted rifle squad usually will beat the pants off an equivalent volks squad. But they usually won't be able to withstand much else afterwards.

It's hard to reclaim field presence against mass volks as USF. (Plus usf players who make the mistake of early mortar v okw get stuck on the back foot on field presence usually.)

AAHT, luchs, and pumas are each superior to USF strategies involving rushing an m20, Stuart or the other AAHT. Or rather raketens and puma threat put a damper on USF response to volks into whatever.
30 Aug 2018, 00:11 AM

Honesty opinion here, USF sucks. When I played against stuve, ihitto, karl all the top 10 players, they all agree with me. Unless you play like twisty toosty, and his play style is not riflemen based.
Play against okw with standard 3 rifle build, and then use the WC truck build. The game is so much easier when you use wc truck. To further prove my point, USF has the lowest pick rate and win rate in GCS.
30 Aug 2018, 05:29 AM

Riflemen Vet 3: 0.6 ra, or -40% compared to a unit size of 1
Volks Vet 3: 0.8 ra, o -20% compared to a unit size of 1

Yes, Volks are indeed 10 times tankier than Riflemen, especially in the late game.

USF having a weird tech structure and lacking multiple basic tools (flamer, sandbags, mines, and rocket artillery) doesn't magically make Riflemen trash.

You're basically making Riflemen the scapegoat for other factional design issues.

30 Aug 2018, 10:05 AM

Fussies is boring to play (OK not the best argument but it's got its own problems).

Pfuss arent used because the doctrine they are in sucks minus them. Even then they arent really worth locking a doctrine for just because you wanted a 6 man volk+.

Which is a shame cuz I do really like Pfuss.
30 Aug 2018, 10:07 AM

Riflemen Vet 3: 0.6 ra, or -40% compared to a unit size of 1
Volks Vet 3: 0.8 ra, o -20% compared to a unit size of 1

Yes, Volks are indeed 10 times tankier than Riflemen, especially in the late game.

USF having a weird tech structure and lacking multiple basic tools (flamer, sandbags, mines, and rocket artillery) doesn't magically make Riflemen trash.

You're basically making Riflemen the scapegoat for other factional design issues.

Not just late game, vet 1 as well, which you can get almost vet 1 just by using one panzerfaust. Vet 1 makes vg takes less dmg in combat. Vet 1 for RM doesnt't do anything.
30 Aug 2018, 11:43 AM

mines

I would kill for their non-doc Riegelmine-clone.

Even the M8A1 has same potential as Roket-Artillery, killing with each shot. I wish it gets a nerf to leIG18 niveau.

Little Off-topic: US has only one problem, Jackson is so potential that they cannot get a non-doc battle-tank and M10 is useless. Better change M10 with Jackson, buff the M10 a little bit and give US a heavy sherman-class.
30 Aug 2018, 16:37 PM

Pfuss arent used because the doctrine they are in sucks minus them. Even then they arent really worth locking a doctrine for just because you wanted a 6 man volk+.

Which is a shame cuz I do really like Pfuss.

I like fussies too, but the commander is a real snore fest. Any commander designed for bobbing is awfully designed but everything in the commander outside the infantry is pretty expensive too so you are basically playing okw stock lineup +. Terrible shame
30 Aug 2018, 18:12 PM

Brumbars/sturmtigers, any suppression platform, AI lights and bomb the shit out of retreat points. The game is about finding the counters and using/abusing them to great effect, and not so much about finding an argument to bring to the balance forums to try and convince others to complain about it with you so that its changed in a future patch.
31 Aug 2018, 06:25 AM

I would kill for their non-doc Riegelmine-clone.

Even the M8A1 has same potential as Roket-Artillery, killing with each shot. I wish it gets a nerf to leIG18 niveau.

Little Off-topic: US has only one problem, Jackson is so potential that they cannot get a non-doc battle-tank and M10 is useless. Better change M10 with Jackson, buff the M10 a little bit and give US a heavy sherman-class.

Or maybe turn Pershing into an actual heavy tank, because right now, Pershing is not a heavy tank
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★