Login

russian armor

About USF early game, how about finally buffing RE a bit?

9 Aug 2018, 20:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Aug 2018, 11:19 AMLago
I agree on not modifying the units. I think the one-on-one balance of the infantry squads is in a decent spot at the moment.

What if we did what DBP did to the OST T3-T4 'fork' to USF?

• Lieutenant: 200 MP 50 FU -> 240 MP 30 FU
    Captain: 200 MP 60 FU -> 240 MP 30 FU
    Major: 240 MP 120 FU -> 200 MP 140 FU
  • The AAHT and Stuart now also require either the Weapon Racks or Grenades unlock.

Same teching cost overall on a standard T1 -> T3. Captain's no longer more expensive than Lieutenant: without the old Stuart or free bazooka it hasn't really got a reason to be. Double teching costs more manpower and less fuel.

The AAHT and Stuart lock is to offset huge rush time boost they'd otherwise get. Assuming you tech racks (the cheaper option) the AAHT is 5 FU faster and the Stuart is 15 FU faster.

Honestly, I’m really liking this out of all the ideas being thrown around so far, +1 my dude!
9 Aug 2018, 20:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Aug 2018, 19:21 PMEsxile

What's the point to make it vet1 if the USF issue is between minute 0 and 5.

Once Sturm are suppressed RE can simply focus voks with riflemen, the moment sturm are back to their potential the volks squad will have to retreat. Again, if you make an ability, or it is usefull an by definition helps you to win engagements or it is not.

Not going to lie I changed my mind about it being vet 1 and forgot to delete it.

Make it more expensive if it's going to be too easy to spam then. It's trash now. Slightly faster suppression on an enemy charging across no cover wouldn't break the game but it MIGHT break up the bore of spamming rifles and slamming bars into their hands we have now
10 Aug 2018, 07:09 AM

Honestly, I’m really liking this out of all the ideas being thrown around so far, +1 my dude!

Honestly, removing free lieutnant and free Captain would probably do better so you build 4RM every time.
At the same time that would shutdown the bitching around USF free squads and helps to better balance the faction.
10 Aug 2018, 12:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Aug 2018, 07:09 AMEsxile

Honestly, removing free lieutnant and free Captain would probably do better so you build 4RM every time.
At the same time that would shutdown the bitching around USF free squads and helps to better balance the faction.

It would also diminish their field presence within first few mins and delay tech/lv due to need to spend extra 280mp, nerfing them even more directly.

Removal of free squads at this point could not be done without compensations, unless you want to end up with
pushover UKF 2.0.
10 Aug 2018, 15:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Aug 2018, 12:41 PMKatitof

It would also diminish their field presence within first few mins and delay tech/lv due to need to spend extra 280mp, nerfing them even more directly.

Removal of free squads at this point could not be done without compensations, unless you want to end up with
pushover UKF 2.0.

Of course that would need adjustment on T1/T2 prices but 4RM comes faster than 3RM + Lieutnant. Anyway, it is not like we were going to see it anytime soon...
11 Aug 2018, 18:26 PM

One nerf that could be reverted, was volley firing being canceled by entering a building or a vehicle.
12 Aug 2018, 08:08 AM

One nerf that could be reverted, was volley firing being canceled by entering a building or a vehicle.

It is probable that vehicle changes was made to avoid stacking exploit.
12 Aug 2018, 11:44 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Aug 2018, 12:41 PMKatitof

pushover UKF 2.0.

Not that I have a strong opinion on this or anything, but sometimes I wonder if removing the free units would actually be a bit of a ninja buff.

Sometimes I find that with the need to get 3~4 rifles in the early game, plus Rear Echelon, plus at least 2 "free squads", that buying elite inf (paras, rangers) becomes impossible. Assuming you didn't suicide your units, elite inf just adds unsustainable manpower bleed that's needed for buying other stuff - and since you're USF, your opponent has already gone an anti-infantry build anyway.

So, could be a L2P issue, but remove the free squads and it might actually give you the option to build the stuff that you actually want to.
12 Aug 2018, 13:59 PM

Dropping the free squads and instead making them something someone might actually want to buy (vs a rifle squad with a few different weapons) would be interesting and I think good for the usf game. It's almost like the design is "can't build just rifles if we force toy to take these squads haha!"
13 Aug 2018, 05:18 AM

Dropping the Free Squads would leave USF even more manpower starved than it is now, unless they were given free double bazookas again, I can't see why would I want to purchase an Officer Squad and then you end up with just an even bigger mass of infantry than it is now.
13 Aug 2018, 20:58 PM

Dropping the Free Squads would leave USF even more manpower starved than it is now, unless they were given free double bazookas again, I can't see why would I want to purchase an Officer Squad and then you end up with just an even bigger mass of infantry than it is now.

OBVIOUSLY there would be other adjustments. But if the player had to chose to get the captain imo there would be no reason for it to not come with 2 zooks again
14 Aug 2018, 02:45 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Squads with thompson and vet 3 sprint is nice. Worth rebuilding officers if you lose them in the field.

Trying to remove free squads from USF wont work. It would require a complete faction overhaul.
14 Aug 2018, 04:57 AM

free squad it not problem
but unit on Tier unlock in not flexible
14 Aug 2018, 07:28 AM

I don't think there is anything wrong with USF early game. I think it's in a pretty good spot. They outclass Grens early and also do well vs Sturms and Volks. They are very strong when combined with an ambulance push. Seriously, if you can't at least break even or win with USF early game as it is right now, chances are you have just been outplayed.
14 Aug 2018, 08:02 AM

I don't think there is anything wrong with USF early game. I think it's in a pretty good spot. They outclass Grens early and also do well vs Sturms and Volks. They are very strong when combined with an ambulance push. Seriously, if you can't at least break even or win with USF early game as it is right now, chances are you have just been outplayed.

100% true, we all saw it during GCS2!
15 Aug 2018, 01:14 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Aug 2018, 11:44 AMEuan

Not that I have a strong opinion on this or anything, but sometimes I wonder if removing the free units would actually be a bit of a ninja buff.

Sometimes I find that with the need to get 3~4 rifles in the early game, plus Rear Echelon, plus at least 2 "free squads", that buying elite inf (paras, rangers) becomes impossible. Assuming you didn't suicide your units, elite inf just adds unsustainable manpower bleed that's needed for buying other stuff - and since you're USF, your opponent has already gone an anti-infantry build anyway.

So, could be a L2P issue, but remove the free squads and it might actually give you the option to build the stuff that you actually want to.

That's how I feel as well. To counterbalance that, nades and/or weapon racks could be unlocked when you tech up to the first tier just like ostheer/okw. You have to pay 300 mp and 40 fuel just to get those 2 things, and another 250/10 for the ambulance. That way you wouldn't have to pay for so much neccessary stuff and get forced to have more free somewhat redundant infantry instead. I make team weapons and elite infantry a lot less with usf because I'm already forced by design to play with such an infantry heavy build that there's no room for them.

TL, DR my dream solution would be linear tech minus free officers and with free racks and nades instead.
15 Aug 2018, 07:58 AM

That's how I feel as well. To counterbalance that, nades and/or weapon racks could be unlocked when you tech up to the first tier just like ostheer/okw. You have to pay 300 mp and 40 fuel just to get those 2 things, and another 250/10 for the ambulance. That way you wouldn't have to pay for so much neccessary stuff and get forced to have more free somewhat redundant infantry instead. I make team weapons and elite infantry a lot less with usf because I'm already forced by design to play with such an infantry heavy build that there's no room for them.

TL, DR my dream solution would be linear tech minus free officers and with free racks and nades instead.

First of all the US early game is fine. There are problems vs OKW on maps with strong cut offs but thats more of a map than a faction issues. USF isn't strong in teamgames but that's not an early game issue. It's important to remember that you need to play completely different styles against wehr and OKW. (roughly speaking spread against wehr, keep stuff together vs OKW)

Secondly, people need to let go of the "I want my faction to be less of a inconvcenience to play" mentality. There are still quite a lot of important decisions left to make in USF tech and thats a good thing. I want to be forced to make decisions with consequences. I don't want to get upgrades without additional fuel costs so they become a no brainer. I don't want to have access to every unit in the tech tree every game without any disadvantage.

The most important tech decision is LT vs Cpt. You can change the balance of those two to make the decision more interesting but do NOT simply remove it by making tech linear.

When do I tech grenades ? Another interesting decision to make. It's totally vaild to go quick grenades before teching. Why remove that possibility ?

Similar story with weapon rack upgrade. Do I want to delay my light vehicle to get an infantry firepower boost ?

I dont want to play this game on autopilot mode. Leave US tech as it is.
15 Aug 2018, 17:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Aug 2018, 07:58 AMGiaA

First of all the US early game is fine. There are problems vs OKW on maps with strong cut offs but thats more of a map than a faction issues. USF isn't strong in teamgames but that's not an early game issue. It's important to remember that you need to play completely different styles against wehr and OKW. (roughly speaking spread against wehr, keep stuff together vs OKW)

Secondly, people need to let go of the "I want my faction to be less of a inconvcenience to play" mentality. There are still quite a lot of important decisions left to make in USF tech and thats a good thing. I want to be forced to make decisions with consequences. I don't want to get upgrades without additional fuel costs so they become a no brainer. I don't want to have access to every unit in the tech tree every game without any disadvantage.

The most important tech decision is LT vs Cpt. You can change the balance of those two to make the decision more interesting but do NOT simply remove it by making tech linear.

When do I tech grenades ? Another interesting decision to make. It's totally vaild to go quick grenades before teching. Why remove that possibility ?

Similar story with weapon rack upgrade. Do I want to delay my light vehicle to get an infantry firepower boost ?

I dont want to play this game on autopilot mode. Leave US tech as it is.

My issue is more that you have all these team weapons and elite infantry (and two doctrines that are supposed to be focused on utilizing said elite inf, being airborne and recon support) but they kind of feel sidelined or less accessible because you have to have a bunch of riflemen in the early game but then are given another free squad and then have to go pay a ton to properly utilize them (healing, nades, and racks). By themselves, none of these would be problems but put them all together and you're more or less forced to mainly rely on a ton of infantry with very few other units in the early/midgame, which IMO is poor design. It's not gamebreaking but I wish I could actually utilize all these things instead of just having more garands.

All the other factions in the game have other alternatives that are much more accessible and therefore feel much more flexible as a whole IMO.

Soviets have 2 tiers each with non-infantry alternatives (snipers, scout cars, team weapons).

Brits have a varied T0 and a fast tech to t1.

Ost have a varied t0/t1 with a bunch of team weapons and a sniper.

OKW at least has some infantry variety and the kubelwagen.

I'm fine with having to make choices like "which tier do I go for?" (i.e. okw t1 or t2 or soviets t1 or t2) or "when do I get this sidetech?" (soviets and brits) and in principle I'm fine with the way you have to choose tiers and sidetech with USF as well but I feel like in practice the above combination of things I stated in my first paragraph really hampers them. It also doesn't help that the two tiers are somewhat flawed (captain having no suppression and lt having all of it, lt having no reliable at and captain having all of it).

I say this with a grain of salt as I just played a 1v1 where none of my infantry got wiped and I still managed to get a pack howie, an at gun, and rangers XD, however that's mostly because I was bleeding him a lot more than he was bleeding me.

And that being said, I do see where you're coming from, I just happen to have a different opinion.
15 Aug 2018, 17:58 PM

I think the AAHT and Stuart should be swapped or m2 and AT gun should be swapped. Then there is a more dynamic choice between the tiers (do you ge for mp suppression and fuel AT or mp AT and fuel suppression?) how ever you tech up should offer a way to deal with any threat, not necessarily the most effective way but a way none the less.

On a not of the offcers- what would making them 3 man squads but with support bonuses be like? Drop their pop a bit for being squishy but make them a tactical modifier instead of a free rifle squad with a weapon rack weapon. Even if it's active abilities, hell PREFERABLY with active abilities then it's not no Brainer. Look at how that altered the Wehr arty officer into being a fantastic support unit (solid in combat too but I digress)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★