Login

russian armor

is 2 needs buff

3 Aug 2018, 11:20 AM

i had bring is 2 to battlefield with too much hope but it doesent effectife against anything,dispate it's 122mm cannon it cant hit infitry as like as panthers...
3 Aug 2018, 12:03 PM

Permanently Banned
Seems like you need to train yourself against the computer AI with the IS2 first because the IS2 can certainly hit quite hard against inf like a pershing. It's certainly less reliable than a pershing as I'd say every 5th shot is a complete miss against inf even when stationary. And around every 6 shots is a squad wipe. It certainly hit inf more reliably than a panther. The persh gets a squad wipe every 4 shots on average. IS2 owns persh on survivability and they have similar RoF and penetration against armor. In summary, this is a L2P issue.
3 Aug 2018, 12:05 PM

Why isn't this guy balance expert and responsible for the next patch?
3 Aug 2018, 12:32 PM

Seems like you need to train yourself against the computer AI with the IS2 first because the IS2 can certainly hit quite hard against inf like a pershing. It's certainly less reliable than a pershing as I'd say every 5th shot is a complete miss against inf even when stationary. And around every 6 shots is a squad wipe. It certainly hit inf more reliably than a panther. The persh gets a squad wipe every 4 shots on average. IS2 owns persh on survivability and they have similar RoF and penetration against armor. In summary, this is a L2P issue.

Yeah, he's good. Therefore, no one uses it.
3 Aug 2018, 12:57 PM

IS2 maybe a heavy tank but it came with different approaches compare to Tiger or Pershing tho since IS2 lack of mobility i'd say you dont wanna hope too much for IS2 to finish any tank you might wanna use it like you use P4 while T-34/85 on the field keep bleeding infantry then kiting enemy armor to keep them at bay it high armor should be enough to make sure it wont go down easily if we buff IS2 offensive capability then im affraid we might have to wait for another years to nerf it again
3 Aug 2018, 13:03 PM

It misses very often, don't have normal ability (cap points for breakthrough tank? seriously?). I think it should have normal ability instead this and better accuracy. To not make from it instakill-infantry machine, should change character of damage on infantry like for brummbar. Because right now it can wipe if hit correct, but it hits very-very...unstable.
3 Aug 2018, 14:12 PM

Seems like you need to train yourself in the art of understanding stats, because IS-2 accuracy is non existent, just like KT accuracy.

Its not reliable at all against infantry, its good vs armor, but its pure crap against inf, nowhere near regular tiger performance.
3 Aug 2018, 14:42 PM

Is-2 needs the brumbar treatment. Enough dicking around with the whole "wipe/miss" approach and just make it less lethal area and more damaging area. Expensive tanks like that that shouldn't have to potential to do absolutely nothing at all.
3 Aug 2018, 16:05 PM

Permanently Banned

Seems like you need to train yourself in the art of understanding stats, because IS-2 accuracy is non existent, just like KT accuracy.

Its not reliable at all against infantry, its good vs armor, but its pure crap against inf, nowhere near regular tiger performance.

Stop exaggerating. You and the orig poster basically said IS2 has non-existant AI. It's certainly not in an excellent spot, but do you see people laugh at it like it's a ost p4. No, axis players won't gamble their infantry against an IS2. I think the Tiger, KT and IS2 are all underperforming against inf right now tbh. IS2 lives and dies on wipes though while the 2 Tigers are a bit more consistent (consistently mediocre).
3 Aug 2018, 16:14 PM

Stop exaggerating. You and the orig poster basically said IS2 has non-existant AI. It's certainly not in an excellent spot, but do you see people laugh at it like it's a ost p4. No, axis players won't gamble their infantry against an IS2. I think the Tiger, KT and IS2 are all underperforming against inf right now tbh. IS2 lives and dies on wipes though while the 2 Tigers are a bit more consistent (consistently mediocre).

You claimed IS-2 misses every 5th shot.
Reality is, it hits every 5th shot.

Its scatter values are as terrible as the ones of KT.

Both are slow machines on tracks when it comes to infantry combat, its either a wipe or nothing and most of the time its the latter for both.

Ost P4 got better AI then T34 and T34 already got good AI, so you missed this example just like IS-2 misses its targets.

Oh, and Tiger rips infantry to shreds. It always did, being very reliable vs infantry and hitting very often due to low scatter.
3 Aug 2018, 16:26 PM

Is-2 needs the brumbar treatment. Enough dicking around with the whole "wipe/miss" approach and just make it less lethal area and more damaging area. Expensive tanks like that that shouldn't have to potential to do absolutely nothing at all.

This. Heavy tanks are expensive top of the line vehicles and they should perform well and consistantly (but without completely annihilating enemy forces). Buff accuracy/scatter but give Brumbar HE damage charactaristics to Pershing, Tiger I, Tiger II and IS-2.
3 Aug 2018, 16:44 PM

Permanently Banned

This. Heavy tanks are expensive top of the line vehicles and they should perform well and consistantly (but without completely annihilating enemy forces). Buff accuracy/scatter but give Brumbar HE damage charactaristics to Pershing, Tiger I, Tiger II and IS-2.

Yeah, I'm tired of the wipe mechanic of heavies. I like what they did with the KT except they kinda overnerfed it. The KT is more consistent and predictable now.

However, Pershing has ZERO problems with infantry. Despite this, there are still quite a few USF players that want some buffs because it's not a Tiger. No exaggeration: the persh is better than the brum (despite the AoE buff the brum got) in AI since you don't need to attack ground vs mobile infantry and it has the sweet 0.75 accuracy allowing easy drive by shootings. Axis inf survivability goes down the toilet when the persh arrives which allows the persh to vet up faster than any tank on the field. It easily redeems itself in all other ways so the less health isn't a major concern.
3 Aug 2018, 17:42 PM

i had bring is 2 to battlefield with too much hope but it doesent effectife against anything,dispate it's 122mm cannon it cant hit infitry as like as panthers...

Can't hit infantry like Panthers?

Goodness, what level are you playing at dude?

The IS2 is already very good in its current state. Top streamers use it often, top players use it in GCS2, and in automatch it's a super common choice. People choose it even though it's in a doctrine without Guards or PPSH - that's how good it is.

IS2 doesn't have to deal with 60 range 240ish pen tank destroyers, and hits an excellent timing vs OKW if your opponent went for P4s. Against Ost, dual p4s won't fare well at all vs an IS2 and he'll be forced to rely on PAKs.

The IS2 in 1v1 is in an excellent spot already - if Command Panther wasn't OP and super meta, Soviets would be dominating with the IS2 every game vs OKW. Against Ost, IS2 dominates Ost armour, and even PAKs bounce very often. If it got buffed, it'd be far too powerful in 1v1 games.

It's similar to the KT offensively, with horrible scatter but good kill radius, making it a nonsensical RNG cannon. It loses to the KT in health and damage vs tanks, but it is far superior to the KT in terms of timing, cost, and having acceptable speed, accel, and turret traverse, while sharing the same superb armour value.

The only reason we don't see IS2 all the time is because it's in a doctrine which has neither Guards nor ppsh upgrade, which makes it painful for the Soviet player to fight infantry battles throughout mid to late game.
6 Aug 2018, 17:22 PM

IS2 maybe a heavy tank but it came with different approaches compare to Tiger or Pershing tho since IS2 lack of mobility i'd say you dont wanna hope too much for IS2 to finish any tank you might wanna use it like you use P4 while T-34/85 on the field keep bleeding infantry then kiting enemy armor to keep them at bay it high armor should be enough to make sure it wont go down easily if we buff IS2 offensive capability then im affraid we might have to wait for another years to nerf it again

Satisfactorily. I prefer that it be used than not used like now.
6 Aug 2018, 17:47 PM

the IS2 is not that great. i've used it a couple times now and it keeps dissapointing me. i would like to see it buffed aswel. the IS2 misses way to much of its shots and if it hits a tank you have more chance it's gonne be a bounce then a pen(not true ofcourse, but it wil still bounce alot.), it misses infantry all the time aswel. i hear people complaining about other heavies wiping their infantry but the is2 doesn't even hit. you could argue that the veterancy does alot but even veterancy doesn't make it better.
i had an IS2 go to vet3 verry quickly but it doesn't do shiet. the only thing i see good about this tank is that it vets super fast, but the veterancy is useless.

BTW: tiger is great. i used that thing got it to vet3 with pleasure and it was so effective

CONCLUSION:
i want its accuracy buffed, and i want its scatter buffed
maybe look at its veterancy aswel
6 Aug 2018, 18:03 PM

i had an IS2 go to vet3 verry quickly but it doesn't do shiet. the only thing i see good about this tank is that it vets super fast, but the veterancy is useless.

You are actually contradicting yourself, in order for the IS-2 to vet "verry quickly" it has to do damage and allot of it.
6 Aug 2018, 18:43 PM

the IS2 is not that great. i've used it a couple times now and it keeps dissapointing me. i would like to see it buffed aswel. the IS2 misses way to much of its shots and if it hits a tank you have more chance it's gonne be a bounce then a pen(not true ofcourse, but it wil still bounce alot.), it misses infantry all the time aswel. i hear people complaining about other heavies wiping their infantry but the is2 doesn't even hit. you could argue that the veterancy does alot but even veterancy doesn't make it better.

BTW: tiger is great. i used that thing got it to vet3 with pleasure and it was so effective

CONCLUSION:
i want its accuracy buffed, and i want its scatter buffed
maybe look at its veterancy aswel

The tiger and the is2 vet about the same.
6 Aug 2018, 18:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Aug 2018, 18:03 PMVipper

You are actually contradicting yourself, in order for the IS-2 to vet "verry quickly" it has to do damage and allot of it.

to get veterancy you have to pass an ammount of experience. now that is so low that it happens fast.
or am i wrang here.
this doesn't mean the IS2 doesn't need a buff.

it surely needs an accuracy buff and scatter buff.
6 Aug 2018, 18:50 PM

The tiger and the is2 vet about the same.

as i told you it was a pleasure to get it to vet3.

NOW BUFF THAT IS2
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment