Login

russian armor

SOVIET COMMANDER REVAMP DISCUSSION

Phy
23 Jul 2018, 10:10 AM

I like the idea of merging pmd mines and tank traps (plus bunkers) in a single ability. Could fit in urban defense tactics and soviet defense tactics.

Indeed m42 needs a buff or change.

Conscrip Long Range Package looks like and awesome new ability that could be added in some low commanders to boost them. However i would restrict it to tech (like t3 or t4).
23 Jul 2018, 11:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jul 2018, 23:47 PMnigo
2 - (PASSIVE) Conscript Long Range Package
Conscripts can upgrade to replace their rifles with DP-28 Light Machine Guns for better long-range firepower.

I like this more than my idea of a Manpower Blitz. I think one DP-28 would be sufficient for Conscripts and maybe the package could come with a interrogation ability to fit the theme of the commander.
23 Jul 2018, 12:14 PM

Lmg in 6 men mainline infantry squad is not a good idea and Relic was correct to rest so far. The DPS drop for losing model is simply too little.
23 Jul 2018, 13:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jul 2018, 12:14 PMVipper
Lmg in 6 men mainline infantry squad is not a good idea and Relic was correct to rest so far. The DPS drop for losing model is simply too little.

Except for dual bren IS, dual m1919a6 paratroopers, osttruppen with MG42, BARmen with m1919a6 combo, guards with two DP-28 et cetera
AFAIK Con squad with DP would deal around same DPS Osttruppen with LMG42 at long range
23 Jul 2018, 13:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jul 2018, 13:29 PMKirrik

Except for dual bren IS, dual m1919a6 paratroopers, osttruppen with MG42, BARmen with m1919a6 combo, guards with two DP-28 et cetera

IS are 5 men and had brens nerfed
Paratroopers are elite and Thompson is much better upgrade
Ostruppen require T4 and have a penalty on all slot weapon (was a bad change)
Riflemen are 5 men
Guards are elite troops

Generally speaking LMG should not be available to squads with lots of models but the problem becomes worse when the DPS portion coming from the LMG is big compared to rest of the weapons. Simply because losing model does not lower the DPS of the squad significantly.

23 Jul 2018, 13:39 PM

Two of my examples are mainline infatries with two weapons, making them much dangerous than cons, in exchange for just having 1 less model
Two other examples are elite infantry with 6-man squads and DUAL mgs
And finally osttruppen which would not be powerful enough even if you gave them LMG's earlier than battlestage 3

You're unironically deluded if you think a *single* DP, which is the least powerful MG in game would make cons OP.(Unless you think Osttruppen with LMG42 are also broken OP)
23 Jul 2018, 13:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jul 2018, 13:39 PMKirrik
Two of my examples are mainline infatries with two weapons, making them much dangerous than cons, in exchange for just having 1 less model
Two other examples are elite infantry with 6-man squads and DUAL mgs
And finally osttruppen which would not be powerful enough even if you gave them LMG's earlier than battlestage 3

You're unironically deluded if you think a *single* DP, which is the least powerful MG in game would make cons OP.(Unless you think Osttruppen with LMG42 are also broken OP)

Compare the durability (effective HP) of Conscripts and Osttruppen in each vet level and you might start to comprehend the difference.

Compare the cost to build and reinforce conscripts with Riflemen and Tommies and you might start to comprehend the difference.

Now check the DPS of the Ostruppen Mg42 with a DP, while keeping in mind that Ostruppen slot item have -50% accuracy.
23 Jul 2018, 13:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jul 2018, 13:44 PMVipper

Compare the durability (effective HP) of Conscripts and Osttruppen in each vet level and you might start to comprehend the difference.

Compare the cost to build and reinforce conscripts with Riflemen and Tommies and you might start to comprehend the difference.

You're one not compherending point in DP upgrade for Cons. There are no other options for long-range combat for SU as a faciton other than Guards. Therefore, basically everyone only picks commanders with Guards. If you want people picking non-meta doctrines you need to give these doctrines something comparable to Guards.

P.S. Osttruppen are cheaper than Cons, have cheaper reinforce and LMG42 has only 25% penalty in cover, making it similar to DP. They must be super broken according to you
23 Jul 2018, 13:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jul 2018, 13:50 PMKirrik

You're one not compherending point in DP upgrade for Cons. There are no other options for long-range combat for SU as a faciton other than Guards. Therefore, basically everyone only picks commanders with Guards. If you want people picking non-meta doctrines you need to give these doctrines something comparable to Guards.

P.S. Osttruppen are cheaper than Cons, have cheaper reinforce and LMG42 has only 25% penalty in cover, making it similar to DP. They must be super broken according to you

People pick Guards because they are OP not because they do not have another option.

I suggest you compare the effective HP of osttruppen and conscripts and their DPS (with DP) you will see why they are far less problematic.

Patch notes
Osttruppen
Osttruppen are receiving adjustments to allow weapons they pick up to scale better. Their LMG's price is also being adjusted to better match its value.

Slot weapons now benefit from partial application of the cover bonus: Out-of-cover: -50% accuracy; In-cover: -25% accuracy
Faust now requires either T1 or T2 built (previously required T1 only)
LMG from 60MU to 45MU
Fixed an issue where the accuracy bonus would apply inconsistently
Fixed an issue where Veteran Osttruppen would be unable to upgrade LMGs
23 Jul 2018, 13:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jul 2018, 13:56 PMVipper

People pick Guards because they are OP not because they do not have another option.

You should've just said that in your first post, discussing anything with you past that statement is waste of time
23 Jul 2018, 14:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jul 2018, 13:59 PMKirrik

You should've just said that in your first post, discussing anything with you past that statement is waste of time

If you don't want to debate don't but that will not make Guards less OP.

The idea that a faction needs a thing (in this case lgms) that another factions has is simply flawed. Their are many examples how broken things become when faction got what other factions had.
23 Jul 2018, 15:26 PM

Advanced Warfare

Rationale
- Radio Intercept, 85s, and PPSH are all good but the bugged IL2 strafe and so-so Concript repairs hold it back while the better IL-2 Loiter in Armored Assault overlaps too much.

Changes - Replace Conscript Repairs with Dushka (Advanced HMG for theme) and Fix IL-2 Stafe OR replace it with a better off-map strike but not IL2 Loiter because of overlap.

Conscript Support Tactics

Rationale - The core that makes this commander possibly good (PPSH and KV1) is done better with Guard Rifle Combined - with a better Conscipt buff loadout it could be a good commander.

Changes - Replace Repair Kits with PTRS Package and Replace Incendiary Barrage with either Combined Arms from Heavy Calvary or For Mother Russia. If it's possible, changing the KV1 into a Command KV 1 with Aura would be really cool IMO. Now you have a versitile Conscript commander that can be Assault Troops or Light AT that synergizes with KV1.

Misc. Ideas

Giving Counterattack Tactics the Breakthrough ability from Encirclement would be cool thematically where you could have crazy For Mother Russia + Breakthrough attacks with blitzing T34s. I think replacing KV1 would be acceptable since we all know that KV1s are not for counterattacking (lol)

23 Jul 2018, 15:45 PM
Senior Editor Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jul 2018, 12:14 PMVipper

Players asking for this since the release in 2013. The time has come. :D

Conscripts with Dp28 in NKVD Tatics fits well.
23 Jul 2018, 15:45 PM

People dont understand how Advanced Warfare strafe works, its like inverse light artillery barrage of wehrmacht, it never meant to shred infantry or pin anyone. It's anti support weapons ability, it kills AT-guns and MG's. Same with Tactical Support USF commander. The thing is, in case of IL-2 - its AOE is too small, AT guns can easily move out and MG's can retreat. P47 strafe has bigger AoE, but costs even more and deals less damage from what I've seen. Both of these abilities simply need a buff, they arent bugged.

As for conscript repairs, the best way to deal with it is to bundle something else with it, like maxim mg nests.
23 Jul 2018, 16:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jul 2018, 15:45 PMnigo

Having a unit that can bleed you long range and can sprint away if you try to close in (conscripts with lmgs) does not fit well any Commander.
23 Jul 2018, 17:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jul 2018, 15:45 PMnigo

Niqo, you really think commisar who gives buffs to infantry and dp28 for cons is accually a good idea? Come on, you are a smart boy, you can figure about that will be bloody opieOP.

We don't need any vetted call in squads, opieOP combo wombo commanders and resources transformations in this game anymore. There was a reason why they remove that long time ago.

New revamp commanders need to be fresh, unique, shouldn't overlap with already existing abilities, without all ablities type of abilities (aka strafe, call in infantry, AI packages, tanks and artylery -like Guard rifle. Whoever come up with that idea - gj).

we don't want another series of commanders that will take 2 years to balance.
23 Jul 2018, 17:38 PM
Senior Editor Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jul 2018, 17:33 PMStark

Niqo, you really think commisar who gives buffs to infantry and dp28 for cons is accually a good idea? Come on, you are a smart boy, you can figure about that will be bloody opieOP.

We don't need any vetted call in squads, opieOP combo wombo commanders and resources transformations in this game anymore. There was a reason why they remove that long time ago.

So remove Sturmofficer and Panzerfusiliers with G43.

Relic can change the commissar stats and theres nothing about resource manipulation on my sugestion. ;)
23 Jul 2018, 19:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jul 2018, 16:51 PMVipper

Having a unit that can bleed you long range and can sprint away if you try to close in (conscripts with lmgs) does not fit well any Commander.

Disable Oorah ability when LMG upgrade is bought. I think a DP-28 upgrade for Cons in one commander wouldn't hurt the game. I'm all for diversity.

Don't forget there's Panzerfusiliers who can upgrade to 3x G43 AND pick up up to 2x LMG. They're pretty terminator but they don't break the game.
23 Jul 2018, 20:00 PM
Senior Editor Badge

Disable Oorah ability when LMG upgrade is bought. I think a DP-28 upgrade for Cons in one commander wouldn't hurt the game. I'm all for diversity.

Don't forget there's Panzerfusiliers who can upgrade to 3x G43 AND pick up up to 2x LMG. They're pretty terminator but they don't brake the game.

This is what I'm bringing with my ideas.

NKVD Rifle Disruption Tactics v.2

0 (PASSIVE) Radio Intercept
Intercepts enemy radio transmissions providing valuable intel on enemy actions.

1 - Commissar Squad
The Commissar provides extra offense and defense to nearby infantry.

2 - (PASSIVE) Conscript Long Range Package
Conscripts can upgrade to replace their rifles with DP-28 Light Machine Guns for better long-range firepower. Only one DP-28 is allowed per squad and Conscripts lose their Oorah ability.

6 - Fear Propaganda Artillery
Airburst propaganda leaflets make targeted soldiers question the morality of their actions.

8 -Scorched Earth Policy
For the duration of the ability, enemy units in owned territories are bombarded with multiple rockets.

24 Jul 2018, 17:21 PM

I wish more Soviet Commanders could be changed. It bothers me how many of them share 3 or more abilities with each other.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★