Login

russian armor

Calliope sucks

26 Jul 2018, 08:18 AM

Allow the main gun to fire :megusta:
26 Jul 2018, 08:48 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jul 2018, 15:24 PMEsxile
Nobody want it back to its old OP status, just that now it is simply too bad. IMO they should tie it to T3 and remove the CP requirement, that would be a good push.

yes yes yes that would be cool maybe all call in units should be stick to tiers ? Even lights tanks
Like grayhound, cp6 in 4vs4 is very late for that but maybe good in 1vs1 so why can be it in captain tier or Lt
26 Jul 2018, 12:49 PM

I think reducing the fuel a bit would be acceptable seeing as how it's basically a durable and more mobile land mattress now. I agree with Stark that buffing the rocket stats would be a bad bad idea.

What about slightly recuding scatter or improving the rate of fire? And just reduce fuel price by 10 (130 fuel)
26 Jul 2018, 14:10 PM

What about slightly recuding scatter or improving the rate of fire? And just reduce fuel price by 10 (130 fuel)

Personally I'd say slightly reduced scatter would be preferable to RoF. Consistency helps a unit more whereas RoF makes it harder for your opponent to respond which makes the unit feel OP and/or Cheesey because if you don't respond instantly you can lose units fast. I think it's scatter currently is large enough that a slight reduction wouldn't be terrible - though admittedly I haven't used it a ton recently.
26 Jul 2018, 16:36 PM

I'd rather lower the effectiveness of all other rocket arty. Rocket arty should be a tool to dislocate enemy defenses rather than cheesy wiping entire armies. Artillery is cancer imo.
26 Jul 2018, 17:46 PM

I'd rather lower the effectiveness of all other rocket arty. Rocket arty should be a tool to dislocate enemy defenses rather than cheesy wiping entire armies. Artillery is cancer imo.

Agreeing with you on this point.
26 Jul 2018, 19:16 PM

Personally I'd say slightly reduced scatter would be preferable to RoF. Consistency helps a unit more whereas RoF makes it harder for your opponent to respond which makes the unit feel OP and/or Cheesey because if you don't respond instantly you can lose units fast. I think it's scatter currently is large enough that a slight reduction wouldn't be terrible - though admittedly I haven't used it a ton recently.

That would work, because Calliope is pretty strong. You just have to use her in the right way.
26 Jul 2018, 21:44 PM

Less lethal but with more consistent damage. Maybe suppression and a longer cooldown. Then it can ONLY be support but effective support not RNGfest
27 Jul 2018, 02:27 AM

As a player whose preferred faction is USF, I liked the old Calliope because it could delete squads like Obers that regular USF infantry couldn't beat. I understand why the balance patch team nerfed it, but they took it from a unit that deleted squads to one that is intended as an area-denial unit, but doesn't do that either.

It could have worked as an area-denial unit if they did something like force infantry units to retreat if hit (like propaganda arty), but even then it would need a little cooldown reduction and a fuel cost reduction.
28 Jul 2018, 02:56 AM

Permanently Banned
I like the idea of giving it a unique damage buff Vs forward trucks or lefh. It would make the unit a good dislodging tool.

28 Jul 2018, 04:31 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jul 2018, 02:56 AMroll0
I like the idea of giving it a unique damage buff Vs forward trucks or lefh. It would make the unit a good dislodging tool.

That's a pritty dumb idea. Why not just give it a button to delete all of okw's buildings and be done with it?
28 Jul 2018, 17:31 PM

Permanently Banned

That's a pritty dumb idea. Why not just give it a button to delete all of okw's buildings and be done with it?

Why is it dumb? It's crap compared to priest at damaging static targets. a decent but not crazy buff Vs certain buildings would help.

If you have played USF in teamgames recently you'll see how fragile they are Vs camping without priest doc. Axis will insta pick lefh 99% of the time backed up by okw sim city (your rockets might as well be sparklers when they get command tank too)

The doctrine lacks ToT and is just inferior at dealing with defensive play in every way to priest doc.

Dumb would be you jumping down my throat without exploring a discussion.
29 Jul 2018, 18:33 PM

Permanently Banned
Don't have much experience from the unit but i think it should simply have vet requirements reduced. It should be close to the front line as it essentially has sherman health. Minimun range barrages should be the NORM not the exception. So when u barrage, its basically a werfer with bigger area of effect with the tight rocket spread of a werfer.
29 Jul 2018, 21:43 PM

Because that's not at all comparable to the idea you just quoted and gave zero effort to actually respond to.
6 Aug 2018, 19:17 PM

Someone said to allow it to be unlocked after researching major. I think we should give this a try first.
11 Aug 2018, 11:50 AM

Need only to make it little bit cheaper and with something better than the strafe ability, like time on target or the arty barrage from old mechanized.
11 Aug 2018, 11:52 AM

Someone said to allow it to be unlocked after researching major. I think we should give this a try first.

That would not improve anything about it...
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 42
South Africa 1
Germany 755

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak