Login

russian armor

New Commander concepts.

PAGES (15)down
29 Oct 2018, 07:25 AM

I've been working on my Commander mods again, and could use some help.

A few of the things I've done (5-man grenadier squads, commissar) are now in the revamp patch in a different way than I had them. So, I'm redesigning the Ostheer and Soviet commanders for my mod. But my creativity is failing me. Both commanders are themed on the end of the war. The Soviet one is about mobility and firepower, while the Ostheer one is about unit preservation.

So-

Glorious Offensive Tactics:
0 Tank Desant (special T-34s that can carry infantry and have speed boost abilities) or T-34/85
1 salvage Kits
2 Commissar
8 B-4
12 (Sector?) Artillery

Ostfront Veteran Doctrine:
1 251/8 Medical HT (gets forward retreat at T4)
2 Pioneer upgrade (AT rifles, repair bonus)
3 Observation- Timed ability. Infantry get increased sight, detection, and weapon range.
4 Stuka Smoke
(no 5th ability yet)
29 Oct 2018, 07:25 AM

I dont think ostheer needs more tiger stuff, it has it in ample supply already. I personally would love to see ostheer take on luftwaffe ground forces. Not just copy and paste of okw however. More like the real Ground force divisions that exsisted. It would focus on some luftwaffe ground personel alongside some supportive air abilities

0 cp luftwaffe jägers: They would be available from barracks. They would use pak crew skin. They would be a bit cheaper, more support oriented version of grenadiers. They wouldnt have same killing power as grens, but they would have 5 man squad, ability to build bit more defences, like barbed wire, trenches and such and would get access to captured equipment like dp 28 mgs or mg 34.
3 or 4 cp: sdkfz 251/17 halftrack. It would fit very well in the theme of commander and it would be fine new light vehicle option for ostheer
4cp: care package from osttruppen doc: it would fit well with air supply theme of doctrine, allowing you to bring supplies for the troops. I guess the munition/fuel supply drop would be fitting too but i think the ability would be too cheesy in teamgames.
4cp: recon loitter: simple recon support thats always useful
6-12Cp: some airstrike: some airstrike would be useful for the doctrines nature. I would personally go for incendiary stuka or the mg loiter stuka, as those both are bit more interesting and less used versions i personally like. Surely at strafe or dive bomb would work, but i think those are already available in so many doctrines that these would be better choices.
29 Oct 2018, 07:41 AM

I've been working on my Commander mods again, and could use some help.

A few of the things I've done (5-man grenadier squads, commissar) are now in the revamp patch in a different way than I had them. So, I'm redesigning the Ostheer and Soviet commanders for my mod. But my creativity is failing me. Both commanders are themed on the end of the war. The Soviet one is about mobility and firepower, while the Ostheer one is about unit preservation.

So-

Glorious Offensive Tactics:
0 Tank Desant (special T-34s that can carry infantry and have speed boost abilities) or T-34/85
1 salvage Kits
2 Commissar
8 B-4
12 (Sector?) Artillery

Ostfront Veteran Doctrine:
1 251/8 Medical HT (gets forward retreat at T4)
2 Pioneer upgrade (AT rifles, repair bonus)
3 Observation- Timed ability. Infantry get increased sight, detection, and weapon range.
4 Stuka Smoke
(no 5th ability yet)

Command Tiger? Or maybe a Tiger II since it late war themed. Obers also work I suppose since they sort of fit the theme.
29 Oct 2018, 07:46 AM

I dont think ostheer needs more tiger stuff, it has it in ample supply already. I personally would love to see ostheer take on luftwaffe ground forces. Not just copy and paste of okw however. More like the real Ground force divisions that exsisted. It would focus on some luftwaffe ground personel alongside some supportive air abilities

0 cp luftwaffe jägers: They would be available from barracks. They would use pak crew skin. They would be a bit cheaper, more support oriented version of grenadiers. They wouldnt have same killing power as grens, but they would have 5 man squad, ability to build bit more defences, like barbed wire, trenches and such and would get access to captured equipment like dp 28 mgs or mg 34.
3 or 4 cp: sdkfz 251/17 halftrack. It would fit very well in the theme of commander and it would be fine new light vehicle option for ostheer
4cp: care package from osttruppen doc: it would fit well with air supply theme of doctrine, allowing you to bring supplies for the troops. I guess the munition/fuel supply drop would be fitting too but i think the ability would be too cheesy in teamgames.
4cp: recon loitter: simple recon support thats always useful
6-12Cp: some airstrike: some airstrike would be useful for the doctrines nature. I would personally go for incendiary stuka or the mg loiter stuka, as those both are bit more interesting and less used versions i personally like. Surely at strafe or dive bomb would work, but i think those are already available in so many doctrines that these would be better choices.

You could use my idea of using the Pak crew as models for the Jägers, but I also think stuff like the Fallschirmjägers, Luftwaffe officer and perhaps even LeiG could also be used. For example, you could have the officer come in instead of the Recon but be able to call in recon himself and so forth.
29 Oct 2018, 16:08 PM

Command Tiger? Or maybe a Tiger II since it late war themed. Obers also work I suppose since they sort of fit the theme.

I like those ideas! I'm leaning toward Tiger II, but there's also a line for a Command Panther available.

Also, I should have clarified that I could use ideas for both, since I want to replace the Commissar. I was pretty tired when I made that post.
29 Oct 2018, 16:22 PM

I like those ideas! I'm leaning toward Tiger II, but there's also a line for a Command Panther available.

Also, I should have clarified that I could use ideas for both, since I want to replace the Commissar. I was pretty tired when I made that post.

Yeah my head just leans towards the OKW units and abilities when I hear "late war", that's all. But yeah a command whatever heavy tank works I guess.

As for the Soviets, this picture pretty much sums me up:

Anyhow, I'm pretty dry on ideas for them regardless so yeah...

The only thing I can think of is something like a KV-2, ISU-152 or IS-2, like I said, pretty dry and not really that creative with them since I don't even know much about them, just using whatever my head remembers from the in-game files.
29 Oct 2018, 17:17 PM

Lend-lease Churchill might be a fun addition for the Soviets, although I'm not sure if it's distinguishable enough from the KV-1.
29 Oct 2018, 17:34 PM

Lend-lease Churchill might be a fun addition for the Soviets, although I'm not sure if it's distinguishable enough from the KV-1.

Well, it has more armor, arguably a better gun, can fart smoke, will be able to self-repair? I don't know, but it could be made as an alternative, like the KV-8 is being made in the commander revamp patch, I mean besides being able to switch to flames that is.
29 Oct 2018, 19:13 PM

A Paratrooper commander for Soviets makes sense since it wont need any new assets considering it could be something like combination of Ost CAS/Luftwaffe doctrines and USF Airborne
Munition abilities would be Il-2 recon, IL-2 loiter and Il-2 bomb strike
Doctrinal units would paratroopers (which could use male sniper models) with SVT's and DP-28 upgrade making them AI-only variant of Guards and DShK drop
Alternatively DShK could be bundled with Paratroopers and still unused ZiS truck can be brought as an soviet ambulance to heal and reinforce at frontlines.
29 Oct 2018, 20:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Oct 2018, 19:13 PMKirrik
A Paratrooper commander for Soviets makes sense since it wont need any new assets considering it could be something like combination of Ost CAS/Luftwaffe doctrines and USF Airborne
Munition abilities would be Il-2 recon, IL-2 loiter and Il-2 bomb strike
Doctrinal units would paratroopers (which could use male sniper models) with SVT's and DP-28 upgrade making them AI-only variant of Guards and DShK drop
Alternatively DShK could be bundled with Paratroopers and still unused ZiS truck can be brought as an soviet ambulance to heal and reinforce at frontlines.

Both the covered Opel Blitz truck that's used as a munitions truck for the OKW and the Soviet ZiS-6 truck as you said could be used as ambulances, similar to thee WC54.

In fact in the Eastern Front mod for CoH has such ambulances, altho with their own models of course.
29 Oct 2018, 20:44 PM

KV-1 is superior to churchill.

It sure does have less health and slightly lower pen, but overall its better for its speed and time needed to repair(there is a reason anvil gets heavy sappers with repair bonus).
30 Oct 2018, 02:35 AM

[b][b]Partisan Commander Rework

• Commander Ability : Radio Intercept (Command Point 0)
    Includes Radio Intercept (Passive Ability)
  • Commander Ability : Partisan Squad (Command Point 1)
    4 Man Partisan Squad
  • Commander Ability : Commissar Squads (Commander Point 1)
    Commissar Squad
  • Commander Ability : Tank Hunter Partisans (Command Point 2)
    4 Man Tank Hunter Partisan Squad
  • Commander Ability : ZI-6 Transport Truck (Command Point 3)
    Cost : 90 Munitions to Upgrade to Supply Truck
    Can reinforce Units Once Upgraded
    15 Munitions to Drop Medical Supplies
    50 Munitions to drop DP
    30 Munitions to drop PTRS

^ Meant to be an early game commander utilizing Commissar to buff the weak partisans to victory. ZI-6 trucks provide ample mobility to encourage hit and run partisan tactics. I was also wondering if Survival training will make a return for partisans. 40 munitions for more health, armor, and ambush camo with interrogation. It seems suited for partisan squads

Another Partisan Rework [Image Down Below]

The Return of Not One Step Back Would Be Nice
5 Nov 2018, 05:45 AM

OKW
Strategic Asset Command Doctrine

1. (PASSIVE) Ambush Camouflage
Sturmpioneers, Volksgrenadiers, HMGs and Obersoldaten can be upgraded with better camouflage, concealing them in cover and deep snow.
//Originally included the additional sprint ability from Ost commanders, but I felt like it would overlap too much with the Valiant Assault effect.

2. (PASSIVE) Command HQ Support Crews
Command HQ can be upgraded with Medic or Repair Pioneer crews.

3. Strategic Surplus Dispatch
An Opel Blitz carrying fuel, munitions, a Pak 40 AT Gun, and a GrW 42 Heavy Mortar is dispatched to the target area.
//I imagine such a call-in could be made by using the USF Withdraw & Refit ability on the unit. It doesn't drop the supplies until you press the button that also makes it retreat from the battlefield.
//Would cost MP instead of muni. Salvage ensures nothing ever goes to waste.
//The GrW 42 could use the Soviet heavy mortar model. (Or just have it be a stolen HM-38. The Germans supposedly had a large quantity of them.)

4. Valiant Assault
Inspire mobile infantry troops to move quickly and attack more effectively.

5. Stuka CAS
A Stuka JU-87 will patrol the designated area, targeting enemy vehicles with heavy 37mm cannons.

-------------------
Previous Ideas
OKW - Frontline Support
UKF - Special Tactics
7 Nov 2018, 12:17 PM

i think the british could use to have infantry focused doctrine. I mean there is some already dedicated to commandos, armor and arty even, but not a single one that would focus giving normal infantry sections something. this is my idea.

0cp, sections can now build and repair emplacements same as emplacement doc. I know lot of people dont use them, but it fits the doctrine in stylewise.
2cp. field officer. same styled as airlanding officer, but is armed with either normal stens or m1 carabines (no particular reason) he would have that combat boost along side offmap mortar he and smoke barrage, it could give some flexibility and ability to support nearby infantry. He could also have somekind of "mad minute" ability that would boost nearby infantry rate of fire for munition cost
0-1 cp: Infantry section support package: Allows rifle section to be upgraded with (upgrade possibilities) bars, marksman kit, which would allow them to do more damage to enemies in cover and fire flares or rifle grenade package that allows one of the member to fire rifle grenades when engaged (like fighting position rear echelons) and fire smoke grenades.
0cp: m4a4 sherman: brittish lend lease sherman available from third bulding. It would be sidegrade for british as bit more durable than cromwell and some diffirent abilities.

lastly precision barrage from advanced emplacement regiment because i think its decent offmap strike to be.
7 Nov 2018, 12:32 PM

i think the british could use to have infantry focused doctrine. I mean there is some already dedicated to commandos, armor and arty even, but not a single one that would focus giving normal infantry sections something. this is my idea.

0cp, sections can now build and repair emplacements same as emplacement doc. I know lot of people dont use them, but it fits the doctrine in stylewise.
2cp. field officer. same styled as airlanding officer, but is armed with either normal stens or m1 carabines (no particular reason) he would have that combat boost along side offmap mortar he and smoke barrage, it could give some flexibility and ability to support nearby infantry. He could also have somekind of "mad minute" ability that would boost nearby infantry rate of fire for munition cost
0-1 cp: Infantry section support package: Allows rifle section to be upgraded with (upgrade possibilities) bars, marksman kit, which would allow them to do more damage to enemies in cover and fire flares or rifle grenade package that allows one of the member to fire rifle grenades when engaged (like fighting position rear echelons) and fire smoke grenades.
0cp: m4a4 sherman: brittish lend lease sherman available from third bulding. It would be sidegrade for british as bit more durable than cromwell and some diffirent abilities.

lastly precision barrage from advanced emplacement regiment because i think its decent offmap strike to be.

Bringing back some old CoH upgrades for the IS is a good idea but I doubt they'll add American weapons like the M1 Carbind and BARs to them.
7 Nov 2018, 12:49 PM

British soldiers can also get an M1 Garand upgrade, Britain received 38,001 M1 Garand. It would be nice to combine the M1 with MRC body armor.

But in most cases, the armor was worn under the form so that you can use a standard skin.
11 Nov 2018, 19:07 PM

So I had another idea for a new German commander, due to the lighting fast Blitzkrieg tactics of the Wehrmacht used in Operation Barbarossa they managed to capture a lot of Soviet equipment as well as later due to poor training of the Soviets, they had many abandoned tanks and field guns.

Captured Equipment Doctrine -

Captured enemy weapons: Provides Pioneers with a PPSh 41 upgrade, Grenadiers with a PTRS upgrade and the Panzergrenadiers with a DP-28 upgrade.

Liberated people cooperation: Basically the partisan system ability, provides info on the map.

Captured HM-38: Request a Granatwerfer 42(r) heavy 120mm mortar to the battlefield.

76,2mm Artillery barrage: A barrage fired by some captured ZiS-3 field guns.

Beutepanzer 747(r): Calls in a captured T-34 medium tank in German service.

The whole point of the commander is using the enemy's own captured equipment against him. I've also tried to incorporate as much as realism into it as possible, the partisan ability alone is based on how the Ukrainian people treated the Germans as liberators, freeing them from Soviet oppression.
11 Nov 2018, 22:42 PM

Still would love to see a return of the nebelwerfer for ost!
11 Nov 2018, 23:18 PM

Still would love to see a return of the nebelwerfer for ost!

A mod could just probably rename the Land Mattress I suppose.

It'd be a bit better if we could at least re-color textures.
12 Nov 2018, 03:34 AM

USF

Ranger Company

-M5 Half-track

-Rangers

-Time On Target Artillery

-Man the Defenses

-M4A3E8

Man, I did not mean to post this after all, but hit that button so oh well. USF needs a commander more offense oriented than Heavy Cav, and I thought this would do.

The M5 would better support an advance than the Ambulance, and can double as AA/suppression if one goes down the CPT tech.

Rangers are really good assault troops, and ToT arty is reliable but not OP.

Man the Defenses wouldn't work exactly as in the AA campaign, more like a cover and reinforcement bonus while in territory. Useful for a sector that's being contested, assuming you keep it blue while the ability is active.

Easy Eights would help in the late game, and unlike a Pershing you can get more of them.
PAGES (15)down
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Livestreams

unknown 4

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment