Login

russian armor

Royal artillery

28 May 2018, 05:04 AM

The big difference between big howitzer and the 25lbs is that one takes up pop cap and delays armour the other is completely included on the path to armour and if you don't use it you lose nothing.
But if airburst gets the axe I might agree to firing into the Fow because that shit was cancer.
28 May 2018, 05:58 AM

The big difference between big howitzer and the 25lbs is that one takes up pop cap and delays armour the other is completely included on the path to armour and if you don't use it you lose nothing.
But if airburst gets the axe I might agree to firing into the Fow because that shit was cancer.

with on map you get the cost of the barrage built into the unit, but you can fire into FOW.

with the british on map, you need to pay munition for each barrage instead of "up front" like the other faction, can you can't fire into FOW. You will run out of munition. You can build cache to pay for the munition drain, but they cost 250 mp now and still require protection.

On most 2v2 map you can still build howitzer right on your own front perch, but cache of any type is a major target for any raiding party.

It's different. That's what asymmetric mean. Axis and Soviet have to maintain on board artillery. USF and UKF have to handle the munition drain (major and base 25 pounder). It's two different system with its own advantage and disadvantage.

Unable to fully gasp and appreciate the difference is why the patch have been moving toward homogenization.

Concentrated barrage used to be able to be called into the fow and it has since been nerfed. It's power was in its ability to for only 100mu wipe a howitzer or key garrison. It much harder to dodge with an immobile howitzer or with an MG that's not near the front. No ability should be called into the fog of war because they reduce the need for scouting.

Concentrated barrage can no longer be called in FOW, stop trying to balance something that no longer exist.

I agree that calling into FOW is broken, but if it's not callable into FOW it needs to have other advantages. It needs to be either powerful, or be munition efficient. Right now it's either.
28 May 2018, 07:23 AM

Doing something about the Sexton and Valentine performance and synergy will go a long way towards fixing this commander and helping out the Brits against static defenses and arty spam fests.

Sexton:
A think a range increase (to Priest level) and a pop and cost reduction will go a long way towards making it more attractive. The pop cost is especially crippling for such a poor performing unit. Replace the creeping barrage with something useful like wide area smoke or short air burst round barrage.

Valentine:
Like it was suggested, the unit either needs more lethality or to start with victor target at vet 0. Both the Sexton and the Valentine can't reach their full potential working together because the Valentine almost never reaches vet1. I actually have no idea how well victor target works as I never had the chance to use, guess some test rounds are in order. A reduction in CP will help a great deal aswell.

Concentrated barrage:
Works nicely if you have anvil for the air burst rounds but it utter woeful otherwise. Ideally the cost should scale with tech level as using at tech 1 is a complete waste. Making it a bit cheaper will help a lot though.

Flares:
Was not very useful when it actually worked, the fact that it doens't work just adds insult to injury. A truly useful ability would be targeted recon like OKW's flares (though in my opinion that ability is batshit OP) or recon plane.

Arty Overwatch:
A worthless munition sink if ever there was one. It costs a boat load, is slow to respond to anything, not very accurate when it does fire, not a lot of damage and it locks out your ability to use the 25pdrs for other abilities for a while. So much would have to be done to make this ability even remotely useful. Probably have more success with replacing it with some else entirely.
28 May 2018, 07:39 AM

^^^ Agree with most of this,the valentine unfortunately you have to be really careful with buffing, especially damage as otherwise you just have a cromwell for t34 price, which people would abuse. That's why you need 8 CP for it so people can't do that. Perhaps just making the MGs really good? The valentine is already pretty useful as it can pop smoke for infantry against MGs without needing a mortar pit (something everyone SHOULD be doing but nobody does) not to mention the radar which is soooooo good. 80 fuel for an AEC knock off with more utility seems fair though.

The OKW flares are only op because of recharge, the cooldown should start at the end of the ability which it doesn't so you can have flares up constantly. IMO if you can't see the giant ball of fire floating above your stuff and don't immediately assume your stuff is under threat, you deserve to get your stuff destroyed. But meh maybe they are op anyway due to no counter play so...

(FYI you don't need anvil for airburst on conc barrage anymore, although anvil is the only useful choice so you should be taking it anyway)

Even replacing arty overwatch with something like counter battery would be okish as that's still quite good and I'd use it more if it didn't involve going advanced emplacements XD they basically do the same job anyway. I'd prefer a useful artillery barrage though. Railway arty from special weps would be a really nice addition.
28 May 2018, 18:09 PM

remove the useless perimeter over watch, add the art. commander that's in the game files and give him some more ability
buff the range of sexton to 180 (same as priest)
29 May 2018, 10:33 AM

Valentine needs to lose Radar so it can balanced like light-meduim tank.

The radar or some other form of observation can then become an upgrade similar to command vehicle that could add penalties to the vehicle.
29 May 2018, 11:55 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 May 2018, 10:33 AMVipper

The radar or some other form of observation can then become an upgrade similar to command vehicle that could add penalties to the vehicle.
\
Being excellent scouter never stop T-70 from being relevant in actual combat.
29 May 2018, 12:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 May 2018, 11:55 AMKatitof
\

I am sorry but I simply do not have the time to explain to you the differences between the Valentine and T-70 or between soviet and UKF Faction.
29 May 2018, 12:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 May 2018, 12:14 PMVipper

I am sorry but I simply do not have the time to explain to you the differences between the Valentine and T-70 or between soviet and UKF Faction.

Why?
I thought its your passion to pretend different units/weapons are/should be the same and explain that over and over.

Both units have 2 modes, scouting and combat.
Both units are light tanks.
Both do the same thing with 2 different flavors, matching their representative factions.
One is worth its cost, one is not.

There is not really much more to that.
29 May 2018, 13:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 May 2018, 12:25 PMKatitof

Why?
I thought its your passion to pretend different units/weapons are/should be the same and explain that over and over.

Once more that is in your brain, you simply though wrong (and that does not actually surprise me). Pls stop posting about what I do or do not do and try to focus on the thread's topic and not me.

jump backJump back to quoted post29 May 2018, 12:25 PMKatitof

Both units have 2 modes, scouting and combat.
Both units are light tanks.
Both do the same thing with 2 different flavors, matching their representative factions.
One is worth its cost, one is not.

There is not really much more to that.

I would suggest starting from checking the stats of the 2 units and then move to the difference between having sight 52.5 and having mini map info for 120 range.

If you are unable to comprehend why, a T-70 clone valentine with radar and call-in arty, would be broken, I can not help you.
29 May 2018, 22:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 May 2018, 11:55 AMKatitof
\
2 different unit, one is fast and have less hp with no pen low damage and high rate of fire, the other has more hp, more pen, damage is doubled, bigger, slower, more range, and has actual armor (yes u can bounce p4 shoot on it)
edit: never mind the valentine is actually faster,better mg too
29 May 2018, 23:31 PM

Swap recon and Victor target on the Val. That I think would make it at least usable outside over priced and arguably OP (THAT'S RIGHT. BOTH) recon
29 May 2018, 23:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 May 2018, 10:33 AMVipper

Giving the valentine t70 recon mode would actually be a straight buff imo. Most maps don’t have enough shotblocker a to propose a serious problem and with valentine style maphax it can’t move (IIRC could be totally wrong I don’t use this garbage commander often) and it doesn’t reveal FoW which wouldn’t matter except that indirect fire (which the valentine radar is supposed to spot for) has large scatter penalties when firing into FoW. So if that’s what you’re going for, sure but I just want to make that part known.

Also it would let the valentine recon for concentration barrage (and any other teammates offmaps) like it used to when it could fire in FoW.
30 May 2018, 00:10 AM

Since the sexton has such short range to begin with what would reducing its FOW penalty a bit to better offset that and help it work with the Vals recon? Kinda offset the range but keep it unique
30 May 2018, 07:53 AM

An update on the use of Valentines concentrated Sexton barrage (Vet 1 ability, equivalent of victor target from COH1). I tested this ability to try get a feel for how useful it might be. Here are some key features which might not have been obvious.

- Ability's cast range is relatively short, I estimated it to about 45 range. This course will put the valentine in harms way, meaning clever approach and liberal use of smoke is needed.

- It drops three red flare markers, making it painfully obvious that a barrage is incoming.

- The range extension the Sexton gets from the ability is not unlimited and appears to be about 35 more than the vet0 range of Lefh.

- Difficult to comment on the scatter at this max range, but the low aoe profile of the sexton make it kinda non-threatening and it would be difficult to destroy buildings. Seems more of area denial type.

Other comments:
- Smoke is defiantly your friend for this unit, it just can't be used while in scan mode.

- The anti-infantry power of this unit is very bad and I'm sure the AEC does a better job at killing inf. It's co-axial mg has a very short burst, while the main gun is inaccurate.

Edit: grammar
30 May 2018, 08:46 AM

- The range extension the Sexton gets from the ability is not unlimited and appears to be about 35 more than the vet0 range of LeFH.

- Difficult to comment on the scatter at this max range, but the low aoe profile of the sexton make its kinda not treating and it would be difficult to destroy buildings. Seems more of area denial type.

Sexton supercharged
Range should be 35-217,5 (max 400)

Scatter
Scatter angle 5
Distance offset 0.3
Distance ratio 0.125
Distance max 15.5
30 May 2018, 21:08 PM

Info on Valentine

One other thing to add to this; unlike Victor Target and the Coh2 Wehr Officer version, Sextons can't join the arty-party when on cooldown.
30 May 2018, 22:13 PM

One other thing to add to this; unlike Victor Target and the Coh2 Wehr Officer version, Sextons can't join the arty-party when on cooldown.

That's sad and wrong and it needs to be loved
31 May 2018, 05:25 AM

2 different unit, one is fast and have less hp with no pen low damage and high rate of fire, the other has more hp, more pen, damage is doubled, bigger, slower, more range, and has actual armor (yes u can bounce p4 shoot on it)
edit: never mind the valentine is actually faster,better mg too

The t-70 is one of the best soviet unit in game. Its perfect combination of speed, small size, 3 hit kill hp, high rate of fire, decent AOE, cap ability and sight ability make it one of the most troublesome unit to fight as the axis. I would rate it even above the t34.

The t-70 has been the bane of any axis player since forever, the legendary destroyer of grenadiers. The last changes to the t-70 has only traded in DPS for extra durability. This is an impressive mental gymnastic to paint the fucking T-70 as the underdog against the valentine.
31 May 2018, 09:43 AM

The t-70 is one of the best soviet unit in game. Its perfect combination of speed, small size, 3 hit kill hp, high rate of fire, decent AOE, cap ability and sight ability make it one of the most troublesome unit to fight as the axis. I would rate it even above the t34.

The t-70 has been the bane of any axis player since forever, the legendary destroyer of grenadiers. The last changes to the t-70 has only traded in DPS for extra durability. This is an impressive mental gymnastic to paint the fucking T-70 as the underdog against the valentine.
I'm not putting them together that's the point they have different role and cost different amount, so they are different i was showing someone that they can't say whatever they want and transforming it in facts
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★