Login

russian armor

Strongest Faction?

25 May 2018, 06:56 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 May 2018, 05:39 AMNot
You call soviets strongest faction? Huh, the weakest early game, main inf cons that can't kill anyone without another unit support.
Now SU-76 costs munis to pay for weak ZiS-3 HE shells. (both tanks in T3 can be exploded by 1 OST mine for just 70muni, that need to be patched.)
But T4 is something good for their cost-efficient, if not taking into consideration camouflaged raketeen squads, that will waste your time repairing your tanks at base for few minutes.

Tellers are 50 munis, not 70. Only god knows why they need to be that cheap while being able to one-shot tanks. But ok, just Ostheer things.
25 May 2018, 06:59 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 May 2018, 21:55 PMLugie
I would say OKW if played right. The Sturmpioneers can act like a much more mobile mg42, perfect at taking and holding early-game strongpoints. To me, early-game is everything, and OKW really shines there where the Soviets and Americans dont. Securing and then getting resources is key, and in my case, especially munitions (Nobody ever bothers to get minesweepers?).

Ostheer a close second, as mentioned above, getting a MG42 into a good position can completely lock-down whole swathes of map before the enemy can counter it with anything.

It is good to take into account you're playing at sub top 1000 levels, stuff like minesweepers and being able to flank an mg42 is a thing on the "higher" echelons.
Nevertheless, if we take it at your level, axis will be better for being "easier" to handle there.

You call soviets strongest faction? Huh, the weakest early game, main inf cons that can't kill anyone without another unit support.

Sov has many things, but a weak early game is not one of them (try sov sniper or ppsh cons, thats the meta now). As for the rest, you should play more ost so you would know simple things like the cost of tellers.

Tellers are 50 munis, not 70. Only god knows why they need to be that cheap while being able to one-shot tanks. But ok, just Ostheer things.

You call 50 muni cheap? On ostheer?

That's like calling cons easy to oneshot. Or snipers the weakest units in vCOH.

But I digress, please tell me all about tellers and why I never see them used, despite being "cheap".
25 May 2018, 07:03 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 May 2018, 06:59 AMzarok47

Sov has many things, but a weak early game is not one of them (try sov sniper or ppsh cons, thats the meta now). As for the rest, you should play more ost so you would know simple things like the cost of tellers.

Makes no sense. PPSH comes in at 3 CP. Snipers ruin your early game since you don´t have enough units. OKW has a big advantage vs Soviets in the first minutes especially if Soviet player doesn´t spam Cons straight away.

25 May 2018, 07:09 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 May 2018, 06:59 AMzarok47

You call 50 muni cheap? On ostheer?

That's like calling cons easy to oneshot. Or snipers the weakest units in vCOH.

But I digress, please tell me all about tellers and why I never see them used, despite being "cheap".

50 munis to possibly win a game by one-shotting a T70 or AEC is not cheap? And what does "On Ostheer" mean anyway?

They have 45 muni G43s, they have 60 muni LMGs, both are way more cost effective than Bars or Brens. You only really need 60 munis to upgrade your healing bunker, thats it. Healing costs lots of muni for Brits too.

But yes, let´s keep the "Ost has no munis" myth alive.

25 May 2018, 07:21 AM

Makes no sense. PPSH comes in at 3 CP. Snipers ruin your early game since you don´t have enough units. OKW has a big advantage vs Soviets in the first minutes especially if Soviet player doesn´t spam Cons straight away.

Please do this in a single quote, you're spamming the thread this way (edit is an option).

Watch Devm if you think snipers ruin your early game, or heck any streamer who know's what he is doing.
Ppsh cons is 3 cp indeed, but if you're starting with 4 cons to later transition into ppsh, your early game is not weak.
But please, tell me how sov early game is weak, since that is the premises you seem to be defending.

50 munis to possibly win a game by one-shotting a T70 or AEC is not cheap? And what does "On Ostheer" mean anyway?

They have 45 muni G43s, they have 60 muni LMGs, both are way more cost effective than Bars or Brens. You only really need 60 munis to upgrade your healing bunker, thats it. Healing costs lots of muni for Brits too.

But yes, let´s keep the "Ost has no munis" myth alive.

How does the potential to kill a lv make 50 muni cheap? That's like saying 245 fuel for ISU is cheap since it could just win you the game.

Then you ramble about the cost-effectiveness between BAR's and lmg's and suddenly all ostheer needs is 60 muni for it's healing? Try to make coherent arguments, since again, you're mixing cost-effectiveness with actual cost.

And again, how come the teller is barely used, even if it is "cheap" as you claim it is?
Is everyone in top 10 too stupid to realise it? Are you an ostheer visionary?

Or could it just be that ostheer doesn't have muni laying around to waste on 50 muni mines that can be countered by a simple thing called "minesweeping"?
25 May 2018, 07:34 AM

Since when are Teller mines not used anymore? Since Zarok said so?

Killing a LV in early minutes of the game can win/lose you the game, so yes 50 munis is cheap for that. Soviets heavily rely on T70s with most of their strats. AEC is life saver for Brits vs. any sort of light vehicle play. Losing either of these units can mean GG already.

I noticed you have no arguments whatsoever so you started to go off-topic with condescending stuff. So why do I even bother to reply?

25 May 2018, 07:45 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 May 2018, 07:21 AMzarok47

Watch Devm if you think snipers ruin your early game, or heck any streamer who know's what he is doing.
Ppsh cons is 3 cp indeed, but if you're starting with 4 cons to later transition into ppsh, your early game is not weak.
But please, tell me how sov early game is weak, since that is the premises you seem to be defending.

Not sure if taking DevM into your argument is the best. DevM was also one of the few players able to beat anyone with Oshteer (using sniper) when the faction was the weakest one some years ago.

But yes, Soviet early game is not weak if you decide to go Cons first.
25 May 2018, 07:47 AM

Since when are Teller mines not used anymore? Since Zarok said so?

Killing a LV in early minutes of the game can win/lose you the game, so yes 50 munis is cheap for that. Soviets heavily rely on T70s with most of their strats. AEC is life saver for Brits vs. any sort of light vehicle play. Losing either of these units can mean GG already.

I noticed you have no arguments whatsoever so you started to go off-topic with condescending stuff. So why do I even bother to reply?

Ah this, Where you skip the fact I said "barely/never see them used' on tellers and go on ignoring every quesiton you can't answer and focus on stuff I never contested.

But you really should learn the difference between cost and cost-effectiveness. A 1000 fuel literal I-win button is cost effective, but it is not cheap.

Have a nice day.

jump backJump back to quoted post25 May 2018, 07:45 AMEsxile

Not sure if taking DevM into your argument is the best. DevM was also one of the few players able to beat anyone with Oshteer (using sniper) when the faction was the weakest one some years ago.

But yes, Soviet early game is not weak if you decide to go Cons first.

It's weird, The argument is either "top players never use it, therefor it's weak" or "top players can make it work because they are top players". I disdain the latter and find flaws with the former.

Nevertheless, the premises remains that Devm's sov sniper play is great and sov early game being weak has thus far not been proven.
Not
25 May 2018, 08:06 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 May 2018, 07:47 AMzarok47

Ah this, Where you skip the fact I said "barely/never see them used' on tellers and go on ignoring every quesiton you can't answer and focus on stuff I never contested.

But you really should learn the difference between cost and cost-effectiveness. A 1000 fuel literal I-win button is cost effective, but it is not cheap.

Have a nice day.

It's weird, The argument is either "top players never use it, therefor it's weak" or "top players can make it work because they are top players". I disdain the latter and find flaws with the former.

Nevertheless, the premises remains that Devm's sov sniper play is great and sov early game being weak has thus far not been proven.
Of course, strongest sturmpio + volk squad is weaker than engineers + cons. Poor OKW. Like you are saying that cons start with same amount of OKW squads, that is spamming with inf too, up to golden standart 4 volks, is weaker than soviet equivalent without any non-doc ability to upgrade weapon. 1v1 sniper can be outspammed by winning map control, not having T2 weapons, makes you even more vulnerable for having less resource income than your enemy. It is more for 2v2 game, when it's simply wall on wall match in a tight space.
Very funny reading, how you thinking that 50muni (even cheaper, than I said, sorry for my awful mistake) is okay to wipe light vehicle that is crucial in this stage, before German PZ4 comes on field.
Try to make a post that concludes an actual arguements, than "proof me wrong" or "streamers don't do that".
25 May 2018, 08:16 AM

defintly sov. super easy to play and has great cost/ effectiveness on all units. great callins and superior units at lategame
25 May 2018, 08:28 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 May 2018, 08:06 AMNot
Of course, strongest sturmpio + volk squad is weaker than engineers + cons. Poor OKW. Like you are saying that cons start with same amount of OKW squads, that is spamming with inf too, up to golden standart 4 volks, is weaker than soviet equivalent without any non-doc ability to upgrade weapon. 1v1 sniper can be outspammed by winning map control, not having T2 weapons, makes you even more vulnerable for having less resource income than your enemy. It is more for 2v2 game, when it's simply wall on wall match in a tight space.
Very funny reading, how you thinking that 50muni (even cheaper, than I said, sorry for my awful mistake) is okay to wipe light vehicle that is crucial in this stage, before German PZ4 comes on field.
Try to make a post that concludes an actual arguements, than "proof me wrong" or "streamers don't do that".

Ostheer is a thing you know.
And try not to get strawman's in your argument, it's boring.

My argument about tellers is that it isn't cheap, especially for ostheer and that it can be countered by minesweeping. Try answering that please.

And again, tell me how sov is weak early game, against both okw and ostheer.
You claim, you prove.

25 May 2018, 08:49 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 May 2018, 08:25 AMKatitof

-has literally 8 games played
-claims he knows how difficult the faction is despite not even having majority of wins on these 8 games
-claims superiority of T34/76 over P4.

i play mostly 2v2.
-> i played them a lot.
-> guess what? i can show you where the 90fuel t34 is much more usefull than a p4. and when you look to the price...and than its performance...its not that bad...

and you forget that sov is callin faction which get all the superior in its famous commanders...

look lile you have no clue from sov faction. or you are a troll.
Not
25 May 2018, 09:40 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 May 2018, 08:28 AMzarok47

Ostheer is a thing you know.
And try not to get strawman's in your argument, it's boring.

My argument about tellers is that it isn't cheap, especially for ostheer and that it can be countered by minesweeping. Try answering that please.

And again, tell me how sov is weak early game, against both okw and ostheer.
You claim, you prove.

Try to read again. Otherwise I will be the second person who will break a another try to have a constructed dialogue with you. Everything was pointed out. Cheers
25 May 2018, 14:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 May 2018, 09:40 AMNot
Try to read again. Otherwise I will be the second person who will break a another try to have a constructed dialogue with you. Everything was pointed out. Cheers

Seems like you can't answer a simple question, oh well.

Atleast you will have more time searching for that replay of you "winning" against vonivan.

Have a nice day.
28 May 2018, 20:20 PM

Now SU-76 costs munis to pay for weak ZiS-3 HE shells. (both tanks in T3 can be exploded by 1 OST mine for just 70muni, that need to be patched.)
But T4 is something good for their cost-efficient, if not taking into consideration camouflaged raketeen squads, that will waste your time repairing your tanks at base for few minutes.

Teller mines used to cost 60.
They cost 50 now.

Or did you mean the Rigel mine?
29 May 2018, 08:23 AM

Ost or Soviets, but I would say it's also map dependent. Lots of buildings for MG42's will favour the ost whereas maps with lots of flanking room may favour the Soviets. Not always but it still has an input.

The Brits are just bloody awful at the moment. Give them slightly cheaper mainline infantry and a standard mortar and call it a day for now, as I have no idea what that faction is supposed to be at present.
29 May 2018, 08:53 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 May 2018, 08:23 AMGrim
Ost or Soviets, but I would say it's also map dependent. Lots of buildings for MG42's will favour the ost whereas maps with lots of flanking room may favour the Soviets. Not always but it still has an input.

The Brits are just bloody awful at the moment. Give them slightly cheaper mainline infantry and a standard mortar and call it a day for now, as I have no idea what that faction is supposed to be at present.

I don´t think garrison heavy maps favour Ost...Wide open maps like Crossing in the Woods favour Ost because of LMG gren long range DPS and difficulty facing MG42s.

Brits don´t need cheaper mainline infantry IMO. What they need is making all their useless crap abilities and units that got overnerfed useful again. Arty Cover, Sexton, Valentine, Crocodile, Comet, Air Supremacy, etc. Most of their doctrines are just very meh after all these nerfs. They also need better tanks. None of their tanks really cut it other than Centaur which can´t do shit vs tanks anyways.
29 May 2018, 09:22 AM

defintly sov. super easy to play and has great cost/ effectiveness on all units. great callins and superior units at lategame

well we all knew that was going to come from you :lolol::bananadance:

6 Jun 2018, 13:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 May 2018, 09:40 AMNot

You've played Ost 4 times and OKW 0 times.

I definitely trust your opinions and evaluations.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★