Login

russian armor

Help ! - Lag or delay problem (multiplayer)

17 May 2018, 06:20 AM

problem like in this video ,my game delay about 0.20 sec or 4.00 sec sometime (worst case)
since winter balance update .so unplayable right now ...
my internet work fine 50-60 Mbps

Spec :
I3 - 4150
geforce GTX 950
Ram 8 GB. ddr3
Win 7 64bit

the other games work fine only happend with this game.

any suggestions?

This is what I already try..
- unsubscribe and remove all of the workshop addons ,like anime skin bulls**t from the custom lobby
- verify game files
- remove and reinstall the game
- clean the s**t out of my PC (virus, malware , registry , trash files)
- update GPU driver
- lower my setting to the lowest setting

*** sorry for my bad english ***
17 May 2018, 07:07 AM

nothing will help you ,it just Lelic:)
17 May 2018, 10:00 AM

I play from Moscow and sometimes get huge lag when I get matched with players from Far East Asia. Could be your case as well depending on where you live and what time you play
17 May 2018, 12:21 PM

I got the same amount of lag if not more. It's just the game design and matchup design. You communicate directly with the other player and if he is far away you gonna get pings of at least 300ms. In league of legends everything goes through the central server which is in the middle of distance more or less so eveybody got the same ping. This game is a joke from technical point of view and it's not because it's old, there are older games who perform perfect to this day. They put a lot of work in designing nice models, nice sounds but for a great game experience those elements are secondary. Network code and high FPS is what should be focused on before nice graphics. BUt nice graphics sells more so..there you have it. Also Relic are a small studio which means they don't have exactly the best developers.
17 May 2018, 12:47 PM

Permanently Banned
Relic, but here can come some "Relic friends", taht will be tald taht its you problem :). And nobody dont will be fix this, coz this problem have only small part of community, but its give rights to small parth of community make patch :thinking:.
17 May 2018, 12:48 PM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

I got the same amount of lag if not more. It's just the game design and matchup design. You communicate directly with the other player and if he is far away you gonna get pings of at least 300ms. In league of legends everything goes through the central server which is in the middle of distance more or less so eveybody got the same ping. This game is a joke from technical point of view and it's not because it's old, there are older games who perform perfect to this day. They put a lot of work in designing nice models, nice sounds but for a great game experience those elements are secondary. Network code and high FPS is what should be focused on before nice graphics. BUt nice graphics sells more so..there you have it. Also Relic are a small studio which means they don't have exactly the best developers.

correct me if I'm wrong, but they swichted from peer-to-peer conenction to client-server during the first year of the release. I remember playing angreifen with horrible lags which I never experienced again after the infrastructure change. Still depends on how many of these battleservers are scattered around the world of course.
17 May 2018, 12:49 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post17 May 2018, 12:48 PMluvnest

correct me if I'm wrong, but they swichted from peer-to-peer conenction to client-server during the first year of the release. I remember playing angreifen with horrible lags which I never experienced again after the infrastructure change.

About what years game you talk vs PGA ? 2013/2014 ?
17 May 2018, 14:34 PM

so it's depends where is the host came from?
17 May 2018, 15:21 PM
Director of Social Media Badge

About what years game you talk vs PGA ? 2013/2014 ?

Updates for February 18th, 2014

Updates

• Implementation of the Battle Servers

Source : https://community.companyofheroes.com/discussion/comment/25838#Comment_25838
17 May 2018, 15:39 PM
Admin Red  Badge

so it's depends where is the host came from?

No, it depends on where the server you are connected to is located. Your internet can be fine and working near perfectly, but your connection to that server may not be so good. The result is often high latency measured in milliseconds. If it takes you 0.2 seconds to see a reacting from your units then you have about 200ms.

There isn't much you can do about this on your end, other than checking the ms to your router and improving that. You have no control of your connection beyond that. Sometimes, the net becomes clogged in places and this may explain your bumps up to 4 000 ms.
18 May 2018, 01:55 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 May 2018, 12:48 PMluvnest

correct me if I'm wrong, but they swichted from peer-to-peer conenction to client-server during the first year of the release. I remember playing angreifen with horrible lags which I never experienced again after the infrastructure change. Still depends on how many of these battleservers are scattered around the world of course.

You are right, did some investigation and it's not peer to peer, my bad. Feels like peer to peer latency though :D
In my case(I live in Australia) COH2 is using US servers. That would explain my terrible lags.
Also the small number of players forces them to match people with whoever is available. I get matched mostly with US players since in Australia it's like 10 players in total Kappa.
If I play LOL(which is very popular here in Australia) i have a very very very nice gaming experience. I have a ping of 8ms and LOL is super optimized.
20 May 2018, 14:43 PM

Guess I'll just play alone from now on.
25 May 2018, 11:28 AM

I experience delay in following commands like that for every single command I give, since the last patch it's gotten much worse though. I can push "T" for retreat over and over and the unit will not respond and just die, or the little "!" will appear above it's head and not move, and die. I notice this is worse when there is a player who loads significantly slower than the others. Playing people in Russia/Far East is basically impossible because of this enormous lag.
25 May 2018, 17:34 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

It's been +4 years and still people talk about lag because of other players.

There's a single battle server located in US (New York ?), so for anyone outside of USA, there's gonna be lag or some kind of input delay (apart from the ingame small input delay).

If your ISP sucks, bad luck. If the region node has problems, it sucks. If for some reason the international submarine cables have a problem, it sucks.
"But i don't have problems in XYZ game". Well it might be because they have a regional server which is closer to where you live.

On a personal level, don't use WIFI if possible, specially if you are prone to have interferences. Check if you have any issues and delays with your router. Last option is calling your internet provider.

It's not like it's impossible for Relic to have issues with their servers, but if that would be the case, EVERYONE would be complaining about it and not it been isolated cases.
25 May 2018, 20:24 PM

The servers are hosted by amazon.
26 May 2018, 06:34 AM
Senior Caster Badge
Patrion 39

I tend not to have much problem with the amount of delay but when I do, it seems to be vs Asian players.
27 May 2018, 01:54 AM

It's not like it's impossible for Relic to have issues with their servers, but if that would be the case, EVERYONE would be complaining about it and not it been isolated cases.

Funny how you talk about isolated cases, because almost every stream I watch I witness players with lag and many of these player live in USA. You probably don't notice the issue because your more of a forum warrior but any one who plays often will tell you the lag is present in almost every game, it's just people have given up complaining because relic can't/won't fix it.

And don't start on about battle servers and how the lag will be the same irrespective of where my opponent lives because there is a noticeable difference when I play Asians and Russians.
27 May 2018, 17:13 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Funny how you talk about isolated cases, because almost every stream I watch I witness players with lag and many of these player live in USA. You probably don't notice the issue because your more of a forum warrior but any one who plays often will tell you the lag is present in almost every game, it's just people have given up complaining because relic can't/won't fix it.

And don't start on about battle servers and how the lag will be the same irrespective of where my opponent lives because there is a noticeable difference when I play Asians and Russians.

Because even if you live just besides the server, the game has a small input delay added into it. I live in Buenos Aires, and i have a physical avg of 180 ping to NY (haven't done a s specific ping to the servers). That's bad but playable. ANY small FPS drop or desync from time to time, can make those lag spikes horrible. NOW, if you are living in Australia, guess what, you are geographically in one of the worst places to be in the world, to connect to NY.

MAYBE the battle servers have issues in order to handle 2 incoming connections with +250 ping. But the only real solution ANY GAME applies is having more servers because you can't go around increasing the speed of light. But that can never be applied to a small game like CoH.
4 Jun 2018, 19:45 PM

I also face the lag issue.
4 Jun 2018, 20:13 PM
Donator 11

I also face the lag issue.

If you live outside of NA, a 200ms lag that OP shows in his video is nothing to write home about. This is mostly just the fault of centralised infrastucture.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★