Login

russian armor

Guards need a adjustment

30 Apr 2018, 20:18 PM

They can kill obers ...while effective like panzergrens vs armor.

2in1 unit. They even schredd expansiver units like fallis easily...proof:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/256098201?t=42m31s

(there you can find other examples to)

make them expansiver (AND THEIR REFRESH COST ARE REALLY CHEAP) or less effective
30 Apr 2018, 20:20 PM

"Guards need adjustment"

What I think I will get: Interesting and well thought out post about why Guards are OP and how to nerf them.

What I got: Ullumulu.

FeelsBadMan

30 Apr 2018, 20:35 PM

Remember kids, there is no micro, no abilities and no cover in coh2.

This is why ullumulu "tests" are 100% valid.

Also guards:
Cost more.
Are doctrinal.
Have more expensive AI upgrade.

More expensive unit beats less expensive unit.
More shocking news at 11.
30 Apr 2018, 20:43 PM

Meanwhile Guards are slated to be nerfed in SBP so I think the balance team is well aware of the Guards meta currently.... but thanks for the insight that this thread brought to the discussion!
30 Apr 2018, 20:56 PM

I already suggested changing the Guard:
  - come with two Lend-Lease Bazooks, 1st level of the vet - shoot at vulnerable places - slightly increases the Bazooks damag or temporarily destroys tracks.
- DP-27 upgrade, replace the Bazooks to DP-27, the 1st level of the vet - hit the dirt. What would make them a solid long-distance unit
30 Apr 2018, 21:06 PM

Only change i would like to see in guards is more MP bleed. I like the idea of soviet having a few high impact units that if over leaned on can cause mp problems. Since cons have merge that would be offset by merging but at the cost of a slightly easier to drop target. Idk
30 Apr 2018, 21:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Apr 2018, 20:35 PMKatitof

Also guards:
Cost more.
Are doctrinal.

WHat are u talking about?

are fallis cheaper than guards? are fallis nondoc unit yet? Drunk? and obers are expansiver when u include the refreshing from models.
30 Apr 2018, 21:16 PM

Also guards:
Cost more.
Are doctrinal.

Don't PTRS guards win in cover since they will likely destroy the cover of the opponent?

and yeah guards are already pretty expensive and making their reinforcement costs more would bleed super heavy at 1 model. Honestly, I still think the best way to balance them is making the PTRS or DPs exclusive then they can still retain that powerful AI presence while not ruining the utility if you want a soft AT counter. If they get the AI power nerfed back down they will return into irrelevance like they were pre-patch.

Also im pretty sure ullumulu has posted this thread a couple times now, its just annoying now.
30 Apr 2018, 21:27 PM

are fallis cheaper than guards? are fallis nondoc unit yet? Drunk? and obers are expansiver when u include the refreshing from models.

Long range infantry wins against close/mid range infantry at long range engagement.
And yes, guards cost more then fussies.

Do you want more shocking facts?
Please, ask more stupid questions.
30 Apr 2018, 21:35 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Apr 2018, 21:27 PMKatitof

Long range infantry wins against close/mid range infantry at long range engagement.

Falls are good at all ranges. They're probably best at long as well, since they're a glass cannon.
30 Apr 2018, 21:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Apr 2018, 21:27 PMKatitof

FALLIS NOT FUSSSIS!! leanr the fact...try harder
30 Apr 2018, 21:43 PM

FALLIS NOT FUSSSIS!! leanr the fact...try harder

That's even worse then.
Falls are NOT direct combat mainline infantry, guards are.
Falls are flankers and ambushers, without cover they will easily go down to anything but cons.

And guards are STILL more expensive then falls. 80 mp in falls cost are for drop on field and they don't pay anything for the weapons.

So now that my small mistake that changed nothing for the convo is sorted out, please proceed to humiliate yourself.
30 Apr 2018, 22:08 PM

Theres no unit like guards. Upgraded they are potent thats undeniable but there is no other unit in the game that loses 2/3 of its firepower by moving/being displaced. And those remaining weapons are bolt actions no less. Heavy infantry. And while 6 models iirc they have a target size of 1 making them only as durable as any other soviet squad. But 3 cp will be a fine nerf given their performance and the sov now having AT in both tiers.

Edit: maybe give them slightly longer set up time so they are less attack movey and more prepared positiony
30 Apr 2018, 22:44 PM

Theres no unit like guards. Upgraded they are potent thats undeniable but there is no other unit in the game that loses 2/3 of its firepower by moving/being displaced. And those remaining weapons are bolt actions no less. Heavy infantry. And while 6 models iirc they have a target size of 1 making them only as durable as any other soviet squad. But 3 cp will be a fine nerf given their performance and the sov now having AT in both tiers.

Edit: maybe give them slightly longer set up time so they are less attack movey and more prepared positiony

Guards are target size 0.97.
30 Apr 2018, 23:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Apr 2018, 22:44 PMVipper

Guards are target size 0.97.

Are they really? Hmmm stats.hu seems to be down which is why i didnt double check. Maybe that is a small nerf that could be applied then? I mean its very small but it all adds up eh
1 May 2018, 05:15 AM

part of the falls' deployment cost is being able to spawn from buildings.

which should go down by quite bit. IIRC the falls still have instant grenade, as well.

They could get the infiltration commandos treatment.
1 May 2018, 07:01 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

Are they really? Hmmm stats.hu seems to be down which is why i didnt double check. Maybe that is a small nerf that could be applied then? I mean its very small but it all adds up eh

Don't worry, you're not going crazy. It was a pretty lowkey change they received in DBP. Given how many changes there were (especially to guards), it's pretty hard to keep track of.
1 May 2018, 07:09 AM

Also guards:
Cost more.
Are doctrinal.

U are only act like this because ullu open this Tread.
Everybody test like this...everytime i see Performancetest..see test it in a static fight szenarios. No micro no nothing.

Maybe cover...but without too.

You can look mostly every testvid...all have this setup.

Dont get more angry when you read something from me...calm down ..or make your own Performancetest and proof other facts.

Do you want to tell us thats guards are weak? Good balance? Look like you are biased...like me.
1 May 2018, 07:20 AM

part of the falls' deployment cost is being able to spawn from buildings.

which should go down by quite bit. IIRC the falls still have instant grenade, as well.

They could get the infiltration commandos treatment.

Fall airdrop like paras.
1 May 2018, 07:41 AM

Don't worry, you're not going crazy. It was a pretty lowkey change they received in DBP. Given how many changes there were (especially to guards), it's pretty hard to keep track of.

My track record for recalling stats has been pretty abysmal lately so if you said it was always .97 i would have belived you. Glad to know im not completely out of though! Thanks
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★