Login

russian armor

22 Apr 2018, 11:28 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Apr 2018, 08:54 AMKatitof

The actual controversy here is cost reduction and 50% armor buff.

The armor buff is so you need actual AT to fight the 222, not just laugh at it with infantry, forcing eternal repairs.

The mp buff is so it can be bought in pairs without further crippling ostheer mp.

What is the problem?

It´s kind of rediculous that M20 will remain at 320 MP while 222 will cost 200MP...How is that fair?

You never heard of the free LT hitting at the same time, creating a gigantic shock when lt+m20 hits?

Thank free sqauds for artificial overpricing of USF units.
22 Apr 2018, 11:39 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Apr 2018, 11:28 AMzarok47

The armor buff is so you need actual AT to fight the 222, not just laugh at it with infantry, forcing eternal repairs.

The mp buff is so it can be bought in pairs without further crippling ostheer mp.

What is the problem?

You never heard of the free LT hitting at the same time, creating a gigantic shock when lt+m20 hits?

Double 222 is complete cancer and super annoying. Why would anyone want this back in the game? Almost everybody seems to agree on that.
22 Apr 2018, 12:13 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Apr 2018, 11:28 AMzarok47

What is the problem?

Is it not a problem on its own? 222 comes before 2 out of 3 allied factions can get to an AT gun. It is also much cheaper than AT gun itself. Not to mention that even now double 222 is a valid counter to AEC while costing less than AEC and its research.
22 Apr 2018, 13:26 PM

Is it not a problem on its own? 222 comes before 2 out of 3 allied factions can get to an AT gun. It is also much cheaper than AT gun itself. Not to mention that even now double 222 is a valid counter to AEC while costing less than AEC and its research.

im a bit confused, are you talking about 17 pounder or pak 43 ?
22 Apr 2018, 13:45 PM
Donator 11

im a bit confused, are you talking about 17 pounder or pak 43 ?

AT guns cost 320 mp. Proposed cost for 222 is 200mp. Don't tell me you can't see the difference. AT guns also use twice as much population as 222.

I would rather see its fuel cost reduced instead of mp. 250mp is already cheap compared to other vehicles that hit the field at similar time.

That would be a justified buff, of course as long as it doesn't get its armour increased. Other factions pay around 300mp and at least 50 fuel for their first vehicles immune to rifle fire.
22 Apr 2018, 14:01 PM

Double 222 is complete cancer and super annoying. Why would anyone want this back in the game? Almost everybody seems to agree on that.

???

I answered your question, why are you responding like this? You seem to be argueing out of emotion against the 222 buff, I recommend you evaluate yourself.

So? It's not like 222 is going to wipe infantry like a t70 (which by your logic, is also cheaper than an ATG) or that allied factions lack AT options (mines,snares,LV's you name it).

And I know most brit players are basicly AFK, but 444 isn't a threat to a AEC in competent hands.

The people argueing against 222 buff should play ostheer and face t70/aaht/aec and come back.
You will realise that this thread is a joke then.
22 Apr 2018, 14:10 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Apr 2018, 14:01 PMzarok47

???

I answered your question, why are you responding like this? You seem to be argueing out of emotion against the 222 buff, I recommend you evaluate yourself.

So? It's not like 222 is going to wipe infantry like a t70 (which by your logic, is also cheaper than an ATG) or that allied factions lack AT options (mines,snares,LV's you name it).

And I know most brit players are basicly AFK, but 444 isn't a threat to a AEC in competent hands.

The people argueing against 222 buff should play ostheer and face t70/aaht/aec and come back.
You will realise that this thread is a joke then.

Are you really not trolling? With similar support trading one 222 for aaht or aec is pretty much certain if you have 2. Works for me every time I go 222s, even though I usually prefer long T1 play with sniper. T70 is of course a different case as it comes the latest of all these vehicles. Which doesn't matter that much becouse nobody sane goes 222s versus soviets either way.
22 Apr 2018, 14:42 PM

Are you really not trolling? With similar support trading one 222 for aaht or aec is pretty much certain if you have 2. Works for me every time I go 222s, even though I usually prefer long T1 play with sniper. T70 is of course a different case as it comes the latest of all these vehicles. Which doesn't matter that much becouse nobody sane goes 222s versus soviets either way.

You just answered why the 222 should be buffed. I refrain from the rest since it's personal experience and some weird argument about timing with the t70, which will just devolve into semantics.

In any case, im done so have a nice day.
22 Apr 2018, 14:45 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Apr 2018, 14:42 PMzarok47

You just answered why the 222 should be buffed. I refrain from the rest since it's personal experience and some weird argument about timing with the t70, which will just devolve into semantics.

Well, making 222 useful in a fight vs t70 is like making t70 useful in a fight vs p4... Buffing it to the point where it is a valid option against soviets in general is also a short way to remove usf and ukf from meta completely.

If you want 222 to be equally useful against all allied factions then it needs a redesign not a buff. Still, imho there is nothing wrong with some units being better against some factions and weaker against the others. That is one of the ways of increasing strategic diversity.

Btw, talking about 222 and t-70 as if they were in same class is pretty hard to justify. There is much less of a difference in cost and arrival time between ostwind and t-70 than 222 and t-70 and yet people don't scream that t-70 is UP becouse of that.
22 Apr 2018, 17:46 PM

Btw, talking about 222 and t-70 as if they were in same class is pretty hard to justify. There is much less of a difference in cost and arrival time between ostwind and t-70 than 222 and t-70 and yet people don't scream that t-70 is UP becouse of that.

the fundamental problem is the fact the wehr is the only faction to lack a light tank in its tech tree. The 222 is more of a light truck similar to the m20, dodge, or m3 scout car.

The panzergrenadier buff was to essentially allow the wehr to have decent mobile anti-tank unit at the light tank stage.
23 Apr 2018, 01:39 AM

No more buff on 222 please.

I don't want to recall last year, when you have to fight double or triple 222 rush in the field because of the ridiculous low fuel cost of it (15 fuel).

23 Apr 2018, 15:23 PM

AT guns cost 320 mp. Proposed cost for 222 is 200mp. Don't tell me you can't see the difference. AT guns also use twice as much population as 222.

So you just leave out the fuel price tag and call it cheaper?

I cant follow that logic.
23 Apr 2018, 18:56 PM
Donator 11

So you just leave out the fuel price tag and call it cheaper?

I cant follow that logic.

Do you build an AT gun to counter a single M3, UC or dodge? You don't, becouse these are cheap units and it is not worth it. In the same way you shouldn't be forced to go AT gun to counter a single 222.
23 Apr 2018, 19:00 PM

Do you build an AT gun to counter a single M3, UC or dodge? You don't, becouse these are cheap units and it is not worth it. In the same way you shouldn't be forced to go AT gun to counter a single 222.

All of them are vastly counterable with regular rifles. It will not be the case with the new 222
23 Apr 2018, 19:04 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Apr 2018, 19:00 PMEsxile

All of them are vastly counterable with regular rifles. It will not be the case with the new 222

Yes, that is exactly what we are talking about: 222 should not be immune to rifle fire, especially if its going to cost as much as earlier vehicles. Like I said before, in live patch first vehicles that are immune to rifle fire cost around 300 manpower 50 fuel or more, which justifies cost of AT gun as intended counter.
23 Apr 2018, 19:52 PM

222 will be fine. Don't know what's this huge worry as the 222 lethality and fuel cost is the exact same. 444 will be 400 mp and 60 fuel and any AT weapon will quickly force it off and you have use Pioneer to repair it. Not USF tank crews, Sturmpioneers, Sappers, etc. Not like anyone was seriously using rifle fire to ward of a scout car before now, it forces Allies to go AT weapons just like against OKW or Axis against any Allied faction.

24 Apr 2018, 06:02 AM

222 will be fine. Don't know what's this huge worry as the 222 lethality and fuel cost is the exact same. 444 will be 400 mp and 60 fuel and any AT weapon will quickly force it off and you have use Pioneer to repair it. Not USF tank crews, Sturmpioneers, Sappers, etc. Not like anyone was seriously using rifle fire to ward of a scout car before now, it forces Allies to go AT weapons just like against OKW or Axis against any Allied faction.

And how do you get that if you went USF T1 first? Can you remember us why you like to pick Airborn doctrine in the first place.
24 Apr 2018, 06:53 AM

seems like 222 is kinda units no one is fine with as its either up or op. I personally like these changes as bit more durable 222 is fine, as its damage was not buffed. I still think that cost should not be lowered.
24 Apr 2018, 07:45 AM

Never played okw have you?

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Apr 2018, 06:02 AMEsxile

And how do you get that if you went USF T1 first? Can you remember us why you like to pick Airborn doctrine in the first place.

Literally every unit in lt tier can counter 222...

No more buff on 222 please.

I don't want to recall last year, when you have to fight double or triple 222 rush in the field because of the ridiculous low fuel cost of it (15 fuel).

Do you even read the patchnotes?

it forces Allies to go AT weapons just like against OKW or Axis against any Allied faction.

Exactly, but people just kneejerk against 222 buff because it was once OP.
(yet forget every other LV was gamebreaking at one point).

God forbid ostheer has a usefull LV.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS