Login

russian armor

Balance 2018 2vs2

PAGES (9)down
13 Apr 2018, 01:42 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Apr 2018, 15:34 PMKatitof

Please do not state your personal opinions as facts.

Pot, Kettle.
13 Apr 2018, 03:26 AM

@vipper id like that, would it be 4 IR stgs or 2 and 2? Also related to that, do you know if only the IR stg models have the bonuses against units un cover or of its a flat buff to the squad?
13 Apr 2018, 09:57 AM

@vipper id like that, would it be 4 IR stgs or 2 and 2? Also related to that, do you know if only the IR stg models have the bonuses against units un cover or of its a flat buff to the squad?

Imo it is better if all weapon are the same so it could 4 IR Stgs but rebalanced.

There is no extra bonus, the IR STGs simply have different modifiers vs cover:

Cover Table IR STGs
Light cover accuracy 0.9
Light cover damage 1
Heavy cover accuracy 0.9
Heavy cover damage 0.5
Garrison accuracy 0.9
Garrison damage 0.5
Negative accuracy 1.25
Negative damage 1.25

Cover Table K98
Light cover accuracy 0.5
Light cover damage 1
Heavy cover accuracy 0.5
Heavy cover damage 0.5
Garrison accuracy 0.55
Garrison damage 0.5
Negative accuracy 1.25
Negative damage 1.25
13 Apr 2018, 10:01 AM

Different modifiers vs cover ARE extra bonuses as you have more accuracy then others in certain, very frequent situation.

You are trying to argue semantics again.
13 Apr 2018, 10:47 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Apr 2018, 10:01 AMKatitof
Different modifiers vs cover ARE extra bonuses as you have more accuracy then others in certain, very frequent situation.

"Cover tables" are not extra modifiers, they are simply "Cover tables" and all weapon have them, so there is nothing extra in them.

There is no "flat buff" to squad to answer Darkarmadillo's question.

Extra modifiers usually come in the shape of "target tables".

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Apr 2018, 10:01 AMKatitof
You are trying to argue semantics again.

You are derailing a thread again making me the subject of the thread, you can stop now since you achieved 10.000+6.000 post.

Pls stop blaming other for what you are actually doing.
13 Apr 2018, 11:07 AM

If there is a weapon that no other unit in game uses and that weapon got better modifiers then any other weapon in game, then that is literally a Definition of a Bonus as it got extra accuracy against Units in cover in comparison to any other weapon in game.

These tables are just another stat that affects DPS in certain situations.

Again, you are arguing semantics just to match your personalized descriptions.
13 Apr 2018, 11:30 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Apr 2018, 11:07 AMKatitof
If there is a weapon that no other unit in game uses and that weapon got better modifiers then any other weapon in game, then that is literally a Definition of a Bonus as it got extra accuracy against Units in cover in comparison to any other weapon in game.

These tables are just another stat that affects DPS in certain situations.

I am simply replaying to Darkarmadillo's question which was directed to me.

The answer is, there no extra bonus modifier to the squad. The IR STG simply has different cover table values.

If you think you provide a better answer pls do so.

----
jump backJump back to quoted post13 Apr 2018, 11:07 AMKatitof

Again, you are arguing semantics just to match your personalized descriptions.

The only one arguing semantics is you with the sole purpose of proving me wrong.

For you information although some people might find obsessing with them fluttering I do not, imo your obsession to prove me wrong is unhealthy for this forum and personally for you, but its your choice to make.

I will not respond to any more comment about cover tables in this thread since it is about balance and I would suggest that if you want to debate the issue start a new thread about. I will also try to avoid responding to the personal comments.

Bye bye for now.
13 Apr 2018, 13:33 PM

Thanks vip. However i would argue that it is a bonus. Thats the point of them after all. Just like the sherman has bonus accuracy on the move or the old obers had a modifier vs retreating squads. Unique characteristic applied only to the weapons in this upgrade.

Thank you for the informantion tho. Maybe reduce the modifier to 0.7 if all 4 models got the IR stg?

I was thinking (dont know if it would be even possible) to change up the IR stg and flare to something a little more balanced (team games) what about making it an IR flare (same effect as IR halftrack, info but not LOS) make it cheaper and buff IR STGs but not OP global counterable recon ripe for offmaps
13 Apr 2018, 14:01 PM

Thanks vip. However i would argue that it is a bonus. Thats the point of them after all. Just like the sherman has bonus accuracy on the move or the old obers had a modifier vs retreating squads. Unique characteristic applied only to the weapons in this upgrade.

Thank you for the informantion tho. Maybe reduce the modifier to 0.7 if all 4 models got the IR stg?

I was thinking (dont know if it would be even possible) to change up the IR stg and flare to something a little more balanced (team games) what about making it an IR flare (same effect as IR halftrack, info but not LOS) make it cheaper and buff IR STGs but not OP global counterable recon ripe for offmaps

Don't mention it.

Well you did ask if it a "flat buff" to squad and that would be a "extra" bonus modifier affecting all squad member and so my answer was mostly direct to that, since there no such modifier, it is different cover tables values as a number of other weapon have. The value result to less "penalty" in DPS vs cover compared to the standard, it is up to you to call it what ever you like, but I wouldn't call it "extra bonus".

Imo a good solution for IS STG upgrade would be 5 IR STG (maybe a bit worse than PGs STG) increasing squad size to +1. The cover modifier could very small or even removed.

I am not sure why people complain specifically about the OKW flare so much since there are number of other abilities available to other faction that provide los with no counter:
UKF arty flares
USF major Recon
Soviet mortar/sniper flares
Single recon passes

The ability is strong basically if combined with "zeroing artillery" an ability that can be from OP to a waste of MU.
13 Apr 2018, 14:22 PM

I think the OKW flares get a bad rap because they are cheap, come early, last a long time and can be triggered through FoW without using any units.

If OKW flares was an ability given to volks or something I doubt thered be complaints.
13 Apr 2018, 15:31 PM

I think the OKW flares get a bad rap because they are cheap, come early, last a long time and can be triggered through FoW without using any units.

If OKW flares was an ability given to volks or something I doubt thered be complaints.

So true
14 Apr 2018, 08:20 AM

i acually enjoy the balance of game...probably it's in his best shape ever. I would prefer to focus more on map balancing (already better than it was before but still..). When i've to face good team i'm more scared about what side of map i will start playing compared to what army i'm facing..
A few examples : North Cha'rkov is really hard to hold ur fuel. Both Moskow if u start north will be painfull etc
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

United Kingdom 166
unknown 7
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %