Login

russian armor

Simple Soviet sniper tweak idea

28 Mar 2018, 15:17 PM

Why don't the Soviet snipers just get 41 hp each, so that they hvae 82 in total surviving a mortar hit, and also able to win any sniper duel yet not insanely tanky that scout cars etc can't kill them?

Maybe slightly increase their performance at the same time.

28 Mar 2018, 16:07 PM

Because mortars deal 80 damage, not 40 and one shell hitting 2 models at worst case equals to 160 damage.
28 Mar 2018, 19:40 PM

Why not to just fix the scout car instead
28 Mar 2018, 20:13 PM

- I'd be for making the soviet sniper a clone of the Wehr Sniper.
I love the idea of 2x shotting 2x wehr sniper simulteanously giving
them no chance to counter-snipe, having higher ROF and making them
unable to say it's unfair, because it'd be a copy paste of their own ;)

- But seriously, I do agree that the Scout Car stats are wrong.
Bring back the 221 (at same price as 222, but with free side-
grade)(This way 221 can't be spammed).
28 Mar 2018, 20:21 PM

Issue is that the Wehr sniper faces (against soviets) 6 man squads. If the Soviet Sniper was a copy then it would be super strong against 4-5 man squads.

For example the OST sniper is super good against USF and Brits because the Sniper is capable of heavy bleed because of how quickly it takes down models. If the soviet sniper was the same then OST would essentially rely on a counter sniper to even manage to survive an already weak early game.

222 needs a buff not just against snipers but in general having your main counter to snipers be rng mortar snipes is less about player skill and more about having RNG on your side.
28 Mar 2018, 20:31 PM
Donator 11

The soviet sniper squad doesn't survive a mortar shot right now, why would it do that afer you decrease the hp?
29 Mar 2018, 18:28 PM

Issue is that the Wehr sniper faces (against soviets) 6 man squads. If the Soviet Sniper was a copy then it would be super strong against 4-5 man squads.

For example the OST sniper is super good against USF and Brits because the Sniper is capable of heavy bleed because of how quickly it takes down models. If the soviet sniper was the same then OST would essentially rely on a counter sniper to even manage to survive an already weak early game.

222 needs a buff not just against snipers but in general having your main counter to snipers be rng mortar snipes is less about player skill and more about having RNG on your side.

=====================

- I 100%-500% agree with you. I am NOT saying 'I want soviets to have a wehr sniper clone'.
I am meaning if you think soviet sniper is OP, imagine how OP it would be if it was a clone of
your own 'inferior' sniper. THAT is what I was trying to say.

It is lower ROF, less health, less stealth, less fun offensive abilities. It's bonus is
survivability. If you want to attack it's survivability, then it can be replaced by a sizeable
offensive bonus at expensive of survivability (ie: Clone of Wehr). You won't like the results.
I guarantee.

(ie: Stop attacking soviet sniper, or give it wehr sniper stats, then you can't attack it anymore,
as it'll be a clone of your own sniper).

I *DO* agree that the 222 needs it's anti sniper buff. Probably that was a typo leftover from the
221/222 dilemna of back when.

I don't think they should have lowest health of ANY model in-game, as soviets don't have
(don't mention forward HQ please) in-field healing. That is penalty enough.

==============
In short :
- Yes, making sov sniper a wehr clone would make it stronger.
- If sov sniper survivability is such an issue, I don't see other options.
Can't just nerf it non stop into uselessness. Got to throw it a bone.
- The 222 anti sniper bonus is in typo-limbo.
29 Mar 2018, 18:30 PM

The soviet sniper squad doesn't survive a mortar shot right now, why would it do that afer you decrease the hp?

=============
- Mortar hit wipes them.
- Gren Rifle Grenade wipes them.

I know! Lowering their hp further would keep them from being wiped in one hit. Balanced! :)
PS: Already unit with the LOWEST Hp per model in the entire game. (ie: AOE rapes them).
29 Mar 2018, 18:45 PM

An ostheer clone for a soviet sniper with identical aim time and a 2/3rd or 4/5th the rate of fire works rather well.
29 Mar 2018, 19:44 PM

An ostheer clone for a soviet sniper with identical aim time and a 2/3rd or 4/5th the rate of fire works rather well.

And 2/3 of its price as well?
29 Mar 2018, 19:53 PM

Not necessarily. 2/3rd RoF worked pre WFA. 4/5th would be more appropriate these days. But a cost of, say 320 or 340 mat not be too crazy.

I think that adjusting vet bonuses so that they are identical by vet 2 or 3 might offset the squad size disparity for one half of the axis factions while allowing the unit to scale with the vet and squad sizes of the other half.
29 Mar 2018, 20:31 PM

Making it cheaper, even at 1 model offers unparalleled map control because a pair will force off every ost squad in a volley. It needs to be made more expensive, not cheaper
29 Mar 2018, 22:21 PM

Making it cheaper, even at 1 model offers unparalleled map control because a pair will force off every ost squad in a volley. It needs to be made more expensive, not cheaper

Perhaps. It would be countersnipeable though.

I'd prefer same cost, with a weaker vet 0 rof and better vet 3 performance rather than it being cheaper.
29 Mar 2018, 22:57 PM

Perhaps. It would be countersnipeable though.

I'd prefer same cost, with a weaker vet 0 rof and better vet 3 performance rather than it being cheaper.

Nerfed ROF will still have the same effect as currently tho. You can have ot shoot 1 round a minute and a pair will force a retreat every minute vs ost.
Despite the lower offensive capability the soviet sniper is the best sniper because snipers main weakness isnt quite as gaping.

We need to make using a pair less attractive and the only way to do that is to increase the cost. But losing 360mp to a stray mortar is alread frustrating enough so that too would need addressed.

The sniper team is superiour because its so hard to definitively remove. We need to embrace its roll as something more than other snipers and treat it as such
29 Mar 2018, 23:47 PM

Nerfed ROF will still have the same effect as currently tho. You can have ot shoot 1 round a minute and a pair will force a retreat every minute vs ost.
Despite the lower offensive capability the soviet sniper is the best sniper because snipers main weakness isnt quite as gaping.

Well, I'm fairly certain the version I'm proposing would be a considerable increase in RoF, certainly at max range, than the current two entity team.

If the sniper is a single entity, like the british or ostheer sniper, it's ability to be used in pairs/groups is still much more compromised. The threat of a pair of single snipers against ostheer is much more mitigated by the threat of a countersnipe.

We need to make using a pair less attractive and the only way to do that is to increase the cost. But losing 360mp to a stray mortar is alread frustrating enough so that too would need addressed.

The sniper team is superiour because its so hard to definitively remove. We need to embrace its roll as something more than other snipers and treat it as such

Ostheer sniper clone takes care of both. :P Can't be mortar sniped, and easier to remove via countersnipe.

But, I DO agree that the uniqueness of the sniper team would be lost. I always kind of liked the concept. But then again I loved the concept of mud, heavy snow, blizzards, and ice... but not in practice in how it affected gameplay.
30 Mar 2018, 00:21 AM
Donator 11

Going into that direction, one can keep it at 2 men and give it higher cost. To compensate, it could get the better camo that other snipers have. That way it is still unique, less frustrating to use and getting two is in most cases too expensive.
30 Mar 2018, 07:00 AM

what if t4 battle phase upgrade gave OST a 5th man? *oh god*
30 Mar 2018, 08:50 AM
Donator 11

Why don't we increase it's HP to 82 per model but increase rec acc so each model would have like 40-50HP.

Flanks are much more lethal.
Buff to acc based axis vehicle like kubel, 222, luchs, ostwind...
All without touching any of them
4 Apr 2018, 20:10 PM

I have a good idea, make them actually killable like brit/ost sniper, you can still kill those if you flank them but soviet sniper can just easily retreat without even losing 1 model most of the time for some dumb reason.
8 Apr 2018, 19:05 PM

Permanently Banned
Ya know what? I actually love the idea of nerfing the RA so that it's still the same durability vs mortars but easier for small arms to kill it. The SU sniper doesn't need to be a lot more durable than the one man snipers. The 2 man is simply for surviving mortar shots and countersnipes. SU have the best supporting units for snipers. 6man cheap meatshields everywhere. Cons, penals, guards all have reliable snares which are very threatening to vehicles so the SU sniper doesn't deserve to have a lot more durability against small arms fire.

Either nerf RA or just buff 222/kubel vs SU sniper.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 24
Germany 457

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment