Login

russian armor

What to do with the KT?

26 Mar 2018, 18:11 PM

The thing honestly just likely needs a slight price reduction, adjustment to AOE so it does more damage on the outer edge but less in the center -its OHK radius is still pretty large- and allowing its veterancy to actually come in and be more worthwhile.

As long as KT is the benchmark for allied TDs there will be problems since the same TDs will be OP vs other tanks.

The unit need to be balanced separately.
26 Mar 2018, 18:31 PM

I know that the KT needs support, but that doesn't mean that it's scatter has to be so bad. Also I never said that the KT having to fight TDs was an issue, I was just stating a fact. Also the armor of the KT and the penetration of allied TDs wasnt changed recently, so im not sure why you are bringing up allied TDs ability to dent the KTs armor. The main thing that changed is that the Jackson got overbuffed.

Was it up to me, all tanks would have terrible scatter and most of their AI would come from MGs.
26 Mar 2018, 18:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Mar 2018, 15:14 PMKatitof
Its pretty much slow non doctrinal IS-2 with more HP, more range and 50% higher damage.
Its fine as it is.

Spoken like somebody who is a theory-crafting forum-warrior, but who doesn't actually play the game.
26 Mar 2018, 19:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Mar 2018, 18:31 PMKatitof

Was it up to me, all tanks would have terrible scatter and most of their AI would come from MGs.

That would actually be a pretty goid idea, it would lead to a lot less cheesy squad wipes. I think you would have to maybe make a few exceptions for the Soviet heavies, because the KV 2 and ISU 152 both have one machine gun each and very slow firing guns.
26 Mar 2018, 20:30 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

The thing honestly just likely needs a slight price reduction, adjustment to AOE so it does more damage on the outer edge but less in the center -its OHK radius is still pretty large- and allowing its veterancy to actually come in and be more worthwhile.

........... Why is it alright that that the first 3 shots scatter wildly and don't even come close to hitting the target, and then the 4th shot 1 shot wipe the entire squad. Is making tanks consistant and effective vs infantry against the CoH2 bible?
26 Mar 2018, 22:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Mar 2018, 18:31 PMKatitof

This would be fine if you also nerfed infantry AT and stickies.
26 Mar 2018, 22:51 PM

It's simple, just divide the competitive scene's balance from that of the casual and bigger team games balance.

That way shit that's fine in 1v1s won't be OP or UP in team games for example.
27 Mar 2018, 01:42 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Mar 2018, 22:06 PMRappy

This would be fine if you also nerfed infantry AT and stickies.

Depends on how good the mgs are. If mgs were the primary source of AI then AOE could be reduced. Some specific units would retain a more potent AOE (various stubby guns, is-2, 15cms, sherman HE, sturmtiger/AVRE ect) but the standard tanks would be flinging mostly AP shells more or less (panther level aoe?) They could then be more accurate/ relationships between target size could be better tweaked without risking nuking a squad every other shot. MGs as a primary source of AI makes sense as its a slower but reliable AI. Its easier to tweak too without creating other problems (well the is-2 is OHKing infantry so for the next 3 years it wont hit a solider, tank or building ever ever ever EVER again type changes)
27 Mar 2018, 02:35 AM

I feel like the King tiger's enormous damage and dps make it harder to balance.

historically the kwk43 used the same/similar projectile as the kwk 36 but loaded with more propellant. of course, damage and hp is kind of arbitrarily to begin with.

the IS-2 should really have been the one with 200-240 damage, as its 122m was a huge caliber gun for the period. On the other hand, it was also infamously slow to reload due to the same fact.
27 Mar 2018, 03:22 AM

Permanently Banned
I'd buff the mgs for more consistent DPS since right now the KT is less reliable vs infantry. Every shot the KT misses vs infantry means the TDs get a free shot on the KT. The chance of the TD missing a KT is basically 0% while the KT has a good chance of doing the same AoE damage of a p4.
27 Mar 2018, 07:18 AM

I feel like the King tiger's enormous damage and dps make it harder to balance.

historically the kwk43 used the same/similar projectile as the kwk 36 but loaded with more propellant. of course, damage and hp is kind of arbitrarily to begin with.

the IS-2 should really have been the one with 200-240 damage, as its 122m was a huge caliber gun for the period. On the other hand, it was also infamously slow to reload due to the same fact.

Launch is-2 had 240 damage and a long reload, but it would frequently bounce a p4 (and would actually lose to the ass of a tiger) so they increased its rof and reduced damage (instead of ya know... Increasing pen...) To nake the bounces and misses less devastating. Wouldnt mind a rework tbh...
27 Mar 2018, 08:16 AM

Plz, Not too many changes. Just change scatter and then see what happen. If that don't help then reduce price. Don't make 10 changes in 1 time becouse you end up with total overnerf/overbuff. Unit like Sturmtiger is the best example of that politic.
27 Mar 2018, 11:07 AM

It's simple, just divide the competitive scene's balance from that of the casual and bigger team games balance.

That way shit that's fine in 1v1s won't be OP or UP in team games for example.

That's hardly simple to implement. It might even be impossible with the tools we have.
27 Mar 2018, 11:36 AM

That would actually be a pretty goid idea, it would lead to a lot less cheesy squad wipes. I think you would have to maybe make a few exceptions for the Soviet heavies, because the KV 2 and ISU 152 both have one machine gun each and very slow firing guns.

I think it will break the balance due the huge amount of yellow cover lategame which, i think, reduces the dps of MG for about 50%. This would be hard to balance.
27 Mar 2018, 11:58 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

I think it will break the balance due the huge amount of yellow cover lategame which, i think, reduces the dps of MG for about 50%. This would be hard to balance.

I forgot this on the: how would you fix CoH3 thread.
27 Mar 2018, 14:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Mar 2018, 11:07 AMLago

That's hardly simple to implement. It might even be impossible with the tools we have.

I agree with you, however Relic probably can do it, too bad they're too lazy as it seems tho.
27 Mar 2018, 14:40 PM

I agree with you, however Relic probably can do it, too bad they're too lazy as it seems tho.

Nothing to do with lazyness, coh2 is old game, if not for community modders it would be on maintenance mode for 2 years already, crew was moved to new projects with actual potential for revenue.

It does not matter what could be improved - if game no longer generates revenue, you need to move on.
27 Mar 2018, 15:45 PM

How heretical of a thought is it to do either of the following two:

a) Make all super heavies doctrinal (including KT)

b) Give all armies a super heavy that they unlock when fully teched (pershing, tiger, is-2, and some new one for the brits)?

Assuming there's a vague promise of "reworking" things to make them play?
27 Mar 2018, 22:29 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

We hardly had a patch every 2 or 3 months. Releasing a different "client"/mod for another mode means doubling the workload.

I'm curious. What kind of changes were you against? Reminder that main issue with 3v3+ is matchmaking not balance. Most of the games are not balance skill wise. Either through mismatches or having a team composed of totally different skill levels. Main reason it's a clownfiesta.

I mean, 3v3+ was an Axis joke. It was even worst when they released WFA with OKW (USF auto lose lel) but completely opposite with UKF (LM, comets, nuke offmap and party cover). I don't think too many things were done which could make things worst than they were with each commander or faction release.

28 Mar 2018, 05:49 AM

if the intent was to decrease the KT's lethality, its 240 damage should have been nerfed.

The KT's dps was just insanely high combined with a high alpha.

High alpha, slow reload, average-poor accuracy is really more of an IS-2 trait. (but then it's a functional unit right now)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★