Login

russian armor

How would you change coh 2?

23 Mar 2018, 04:39 AM
Benefactor 115

Honestly just curious. Lets just say coh 3 comes out tomorrow with the current coh 2 balance, but Relic wants ideas to help make it more playable

What would you change/add into the game to make it more "Balance/playable etc"

For example cross units for factions like UK getting Shermans through a commander, commander abilities change. basic balance such as volks getting X. Ubers coming out earlier and so forth.

Just curious in what the community has to say what this game needs without adding units (new models)

How would we make Coh2 great again :snfCHVGame:
23 Mar 2018, 05:03 AM
Donator 11

Expansion on the moral system would be neat to see. Seeing as Relic was asking about it in their survey, maybe a focus fire on units builds up overtime (using the UI for unit temperatures) and once it peaks your units gets suppressed or pinned and such.

The reason for this dawned on me the other day when I was watching The Pacific. The marines got pinned down through the most of the engagement when they got focus fired and often times couldn't move or effectively fire back without their squad/team. Something like this implemented in CoH3/2 would make cover more meaningful as well as help fight the blobbing tactics we see now.
23 Mar 2018, 07:58 AM

making clear what way game is going to be balanced, alter choice is to remove either 1v1 and 2v2 or bigger teamgames so balance can be focused to neither ones.
23 Mar 2018, 07:58 AM

remove brits would have got rid of most of the problems a long time ago
23 Mar 2018, 08:13 AM

Overall balance wise, I'd like better consistency of time-appropriate equipment. I remember it was said somewhere that Soviets have inferior technology because the game originally was focused on the 1941 invasion. However, even Ostheer have late-war stuff available to them, such as Panzershreck, Stg44, later versions of P4, Panthers, etc.

Interaction of historical accuracy and game balance is very inconsistent even in WFA. British and German tanks is a topic one could talk forever.

Additionaly, there should be better balance of doctrinal/non-doctrinal units and equipment. IMO doctrine should be more of a optional flavor/support and not an essential necessity for all factions
23 Mar 2018, 08:19 AM

making clear what way game is going to be balanced, alter choice is to remove either 1v1 and 2v2 or bigger teamgames so balance can be focused to neither ones.

Removing any absolute basic feature would be like digging their own grave even deeper.

IMO a better solution would be to adapt the balance to the game modes.
For example that ressource points give only half the ressources in 4v4.
23 Mar 2018, 13:47 PM

Global fuel upgrades.

Mapmaking assets that provide more territory point options (low, high resources, etc.)

Those alone would rectify a great deal of CoH2's balance problems. The latter is the reason 3v3+ maps are so horrendous.

The first has been necessary since launch. I'm talking upgrades like CoH1 Supply Yard upgrades, even the Sherman upgun and rifleman BARs.

Even purchased Wehrmacht vet could make a comeback by upgrading the vet bonuses, rather than just giving the units vet. So upgrading for better vet 1 bonuses for infantry, etc.

Stuff like that.
23 Mar 2018, 14:22 PM

Simply solution to the same problems:

For instance 222, luch and Centaur are all using a 20mm gun yet each of these weapon has different characteristics making the game more complected without improving balance.

23 Mar 2018, 14:39 PM

remove brits would have got rid of most of the problems a long time ago

Oh, so the blobbiness of the Western Front Armies is the Brits' fault now? Or the no FRP for the Eastern Front Armies? Or their shitty repair rates? Or the Wehr's 4 man squads' low survivability? The OPness of the Penals? All the UKF's fault, right?

23 Mar 2018, 16:50 PM

Linear Teching for all factions, add a p3 or some Light Tank to OST in order to remove the 222s awkward positioning in OST tech.
23 Mar 2018, 19:15 PM

Maybe an AI that wouldnt be greatly outdated already back in the 90s would help.
23 Mar 2018, 20:04 PM

Depends if you want to make it balanced or fun.

If you want balance, then you copy a lot of elements from this game along with a new engine. Then you dedicate your time to fixing things that are out of the norm or didn't work and adding a few slight things.

If you want fun, you add new elements to the game (Say if this takes place on the north african front, adding desert mechanics) Or make factions play drastically different (OKW at launch)

These two things are mutually exclusive. Mechanics got straight up removed in favor of balance.
23 Mar 2018, 20:20 PM

Here is what I would add for tanks:
Side armor to all tanks
Bonus damage vs rear armor for certain tanks
Better pathing for multiple vehicles
Tanks and vehicles able to move and turn quickly instead of sitting in place and turning/rotating slowly
Vehicle crit threshold lowered or higher depending on type of tank.

Here is what I would add to team weapons:
Mgs bullets travel through infantry units, mgs will be able to hit multiple units if the enemy blobs
Mgs cost a low amount of munitions to build to stop them from being spammed at the start of the game.
Paks and mobile artillery can be towed by vehicles.

Here is my suggestion for call in arty:
Require a special unit(like pathfinders, scout vehicles, or arty officers)to call it in. Arty Unit will carry radios or something so you can tell them apart.

In general:
Every faction should have counters to any strategy without commanders. Every faction should have access to basic units such as: mgs, snipers, anti-sniper scout vehicles, mortars, paks, defenses, roacket arty, etc.
Every faction should be able to have options to go both on the offensive or defensive, but you need to go mix both in order to win.
Better retreat pathing.

This is more of a list to make coh3 awesome, not something that would carry over from coh2.
23 Mar 2018, 20:49 PM

Bring back Cold Tech and tweak it a little. It was a system with some great potential and is an utter shame that it was practically removed. Some ideas off the top of my head.

Gives Engineer units more ways to clear snow.

Make Blizzards decrease Accuracy but not vision.

Remove cost of Campfires while increasing build time or increase their effect radius.
24 Mar 2018, 10:22 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Improved UI and polished design. This is what i want to see for ages. This is the reason, why i have come to coh2.org - to highlight this problem.

UI need to be more minimalistic and without any stilistic additions (blood, tattered paper, decolored portraits with addition dirt and etc.), like in World in Conflict or Operation Bagration.

Battle notifications should be brighter and contrast with enviroment.

A lot of stuff missed their own icons, portraits, and symbols. Sometimes same abillities using different icons.
24 Mar 2018, 17:20 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

1- 6-9 commanders top for each faction. Commanders should complement a faction, not define it. See Soviets for the last 4 years.

2- Theatre of war, or whatever Co-op mode. See SC2 success with commanders.

3- Gamble with an archon mode. Basically 2 people can control the same army. It would be a 1v1 (4 players) and 2v2 mode (8p).

4- Dynamic queue. First of all: let people search as random faction for the best match making possibilities and time.
Second: adding to the archon mode, let "solo" people cross a checkbox if they want to face people doing archon. Top 50 players can wipe the floor against most other players but maybe 2 rank 500 guys can put a fight.

5 n 6-

Global fuel upgrades.

Mapmaking assets that provide more territory point options (low, high resources, etc.)

7- Make a different balance mode for 3v3+ or look for alternative ways of making the mode less spammy.

8- Remove radio silence ability from community manager. Buff rate of fire on patch updates.

9- Hotfix: recruit someone like Cruzz, who can check the game for ninja horrors. On a serious note: PTR/beta server to test future releases. Give incentives (supply/skins/medals/whatever) or recognize people who reports bugs, even more so for those who actually list the reproduce steps. Want to go a mile further? Give content for those who actually find a way to actually FIX them. Something as simple as a special decal or portrait.

10- On a simil note to rewarding contributing players, improve dynamic with mapmakers. When playing on automatch, let players automatically filter/veto (if they desire) all community maps which are on "test" mode. This would let mapmakers actually get more feedback out of it. Add a small survey after playing on them. You could increase "xp" or currency gain when playing in these test maps or when giving feedback.
24 Mar 2018, 19:31 PM

Pretty much all of that, but also:

1. CoH1 Pio 'Negative zeal' on every single infantry unit. Have it start scaling after 2 units are nearby (so 1-2 squads ok, more = strong nerfs), giving increased received suppression and reduced accuracy or rate of fire. Moving 4+ squads around should be pretty much impossible in combat. There would need to be an icon showing if this was in effect, and how many nearby units are causing it (i.e. show negative zeal stacks). It should also not effect or come from support weapons, since avoiding being near your own static weapon crews wouldn't allow for very good support play.

2. Remove 'double upgrades' and any 'weapon drop' abilities. Double-upgraded squads should be very rare, not incredibly common. This includes bars, brens, DP28s, Shrecks, Bazookas, Piats, etc. Basically everything that isn't a 'role-change' upgrade (i.e. PPSH, MP40, G43s, etc.).

3. Replace all emplacements with mobile variants. They would have less HP than current emplacements, and could be decrewed, but would be mobile with a longer setup time. This would make building emplacement cities much worse, but still give static defenses a role. To prevent being decrewed instantly, grant a 50% rec. accuracy vs. snipers when setup. I also give an exception to MG bunkers (all team variants) and heavy arty, since mobile heavy arty would be a nightmare to counter, and MG bunkers are pretty weak.

Bofors/Flak -> infantry crewed/towed OKW 'flak ht' type thing.
17lb/PAK88 -> bigger crewed AT. Slower, but more range and damage than standard AT.
Mortar pit -> normal mortar

4. Remove infantry crush. It's funny (or frustrating) when it happens, but far too inconsistent to be balanced. Forcing infantry to move (and not fire) is pretty good already.

5. Reduce tank AOE vs. Infantry, but upgrade their MG power. Tanks should be good vs. infantry, but insta-wiping 3+ models isn't fun to play with/against. A more consistent DPS would be easier to balance.

6. No 'exception to the rule' type units/mechanics.

No 2 model sniper squads since it prevents counter-sniping
No '1-man mortar crew retreat' since it's inconsistent with the rest of the game
No 'brace' since it's only on 1 teams emplacements (and should be removed as per #3)
No reduced reinforce cost from vet since REs are the only unit with this
No 'mg outranging snipers' since snipers should hard-counter MGs.

etc.

I think those combined with Elchino7's ideas would result in a pretty solid game.

Also the general "bug fixes, performance improvements, less crashes, improved UX, etc.", but that's pretty much expected of a sequel.

24 Mar 2018, 20:15 PM

Report system and all factions needs basic tools like someone said mortar sniper rocket arty
25 Mar 2018, 10:35 AM
Benefactor 115

One thing I'd love to see added, I mean coh 1 had it.

Random faction choice

Maybe I don't know who I want to play as :snfCHVGame:
25 Mar 2018, 11:32 AM

Change developer from lelic to other:brad::brad::brad::brad::brad::snfPeter::snfQuinn::hansREKT::hansGG:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★