Riflemen Sandbags

12 Mar 2018, 18:59 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

riflemen dotn have sandbags rears cant be aroudn eveyrwhere

grenadiers dotn have sandbags pios cant be aroudn eveyrwhere

12 Mar 2018, 19:01 PM

riflemen dotn have sandbags rears cant be aroudn eveyrwhere

They don't without field defenses, sure.
12 Mar 2018, 19:03 PM

Rear echelon are too busy repairing tanks and building bases to possibly throw down cover....
12 Mar 2018, 19:09 PM

Snip

Maybe put sandbags on REs? Itll give them additional utility and take over the role of the janky tank trap.
12 Mar 2018, 19:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Mar 2018, 18:59 PMTobis

they got bunkers they can bunker rush
12 Mar 2018, 19:46 PM

They don't without field defenses, sure.
if you go riflemen field defenses the nemy will notice what commadner you went
12 Mar 2018, 19:47 PM

Maybe put sandbags on REs? Itll give them additional utility and take over the role of the janky tank trap.
cuz tank traps are bnetter cover than sandbags and having RES tnak traps and sandbags watch the poitn but i hope it hapens anyways lol
12 Mar 2018, 20:08 PM

Plus sandbags make the pit pointless!
13 Mar 2018, 20:28 PM

Now i know you will say i got RES Tank Traps for cover but a little riflemen utility wont hurt i mean grens IS volks cons got a tupe of defense for your riflemen you need commadner i think riflemen should get non commander sandbags when RES are not around

- Soviets think T34-85 should be a core unit not needing a commander.
- USF thinks Sherman E8 should be a core unit not needing a commander.
- SOV thinks Conscripts should have 6x PPSH not needing a commander.
- SOV thinks they should have heal-in-the-field not needing a commander.
- USF thinks they should have Katyusha/Callioppe as core unit not needing a commander.
- Wehr and OKW want tanks that can de-crew and go up to 350 pop and cap flags and repair
themselves and each other. And have good aim-on-the-move and have offensive smoke mortars
(and Scopes) without needing a commander. And Hull down without needing a commander.
And ...

It doesn't stop.

OKW wants early MG.
USF wants early MG.
Brits want Assault Auto Weapons and free 5 man squads and early AT in main infantry.
Wehr thinks Grenadiers should have 5x models not needing a commander.
OKW wants MG bunkers without needing a commander for it.
OKW wants a decent mortar without needing a commander AND FUEL for it (Mortar HT).
"I want everything I ever do to be "RockPaperScissors" and to win in every situation".

Usually I say this to Axis players, but... L2P :)

- Grens no sandbags. Pio makes sandbags.
- Rifles no sandbags. RE makes Tank trap.
Even I don't see a problem here.
Esp since USF has fighting positions. And Smoke.
13 Mar 2018, 23:03 PM

Ok but what if i dont wanna spend 200mp on a squad that can double arm AT to make them?

I think the only reasonable choice here is that USF should start with 3 RE (reduced pop so they equal 1 or usf would get less MP per tick and thats not fair) so i only have to build rifles all game and still have plenty of units to build cover.

My tanks dont need support units why should my rifles?
14 Mar 2018, 13:09 PM

- Soviets think T34-85 should be a core unit not needing a commander.
- USF thinks Sherman E8 should be a core unit not needing a commander.
- SOV thinks Conscripts should have 6x PPSH not needing a commander.
- SOV thinks they should have heal-in-the-field not needing a commander.
- USF thinks they should have Katyusha/Callioppe as core unit not needing a commander.
- Wehr and OKW want tanks that can de-crew and go up to 350 pop and cap flags and repair
themselves and each other. And have good aim-on-the-move and have offensive smoke mortars
(and Scopes) without needing a commander. And Hull down without needing a commander.
And ...

It doesn't stop.

OKW wants early MG.
USF wants early MG.
Brits want Assault Auto Weapons and free 5 man squads and early AT in main infantry.
Wehr thinks Grenadiers should have 5x models not needing a commander.
OKW wants MG bunkers without needing a commander for it.
OKW wants a decent mortar without needing a commander AND FUEL for it (Mortar HT).
"I want everything I ever do to be "RockPaperScissors" and to win in every situation".

Usually I say this to Axis players, but... L2P :)

- Grens no sandbags. Pio makes sandbags.
early mg i dont liek USF cuz the mg wil ltake a nerf riflemen too and they alreayd have a mrotar and i like the E8 non commander cuz rifle company ios useless
14 Mar 2018, 13:19 PM

Rear echelon are too busy repairing tanks and building bases to possibly throw down cover....

lel
14 Mar 2018, 13:59 PM

Ok but what if i dont wanna spend 200mp on a squad that can double arm AT to make them?

I think the only reasonable choice here is that USF should start with 3 RE (reduced pop so they equal 1 or usf would get less MP per tick and thats not fair) so i only have to build rifles all game and still have plenty of units to build cover.

My tanks dont need support units why should my rifles?
riflemen rarerly win vs volks only in close range and mid range and volks with stgs my god sturms rek USF kuble cheese is still a thing OKW p4 strong as F non commander skirts withouth vet OWK p4 its like a E8 they got a panther too non commadner obers king tiger their miens which i dont like oh and stuca with jagpanzer best armroed tank destoyer yeah balanced
14 Mar 2018, 18:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Mar 2018, 17:32 PMVipper
All tank traps should have build time increased.

USF tank traps should be me moved to assault engineers, then sandbags could be moved to R.E.

UKF trench and sandbags should be moved to Ro.E.

================

- Of course.
And Grenadiers ought to also lose the ability to make bunkers. Only Pioneers can make them.
Trenches being the UK version of bunkers. How about making Grenadiers into 5x men model but
weaker when out of cover, and remove bunkers from Ostheer and OKW (OKW only having commander Trenches)
- Royal Engineers... aren't those commander-only? I thought the British Engineer was the Sapper.
14 Mar 2018, 18:52 PM

================

- Of course.
And Grenadiers ought to also lose the ability to make bunkers. Only Pioneers can make them.
Trenches being the UK version of bunkers. How about making Grenadiers into 5x men model but
weaker when out of cover, and remove bunkers from Ostheer and OKW (OKW only having commander Trenches)

I would have no real issue with removing bunker building ability from Grenadiers.

I have to point out thou that, bunkers are 150 manpower and trenches are free.

Making grenadiers 5 men able to be equiped Lmgs is a bad idea imo.

- Royal Engineers... aren't those commander-only? I thought the British Engineer was the Sapper.

If you are unsure for something I would advice you to first try to find out in the obvious places:
https://www.coh2.org/guides/40402/british-forces-unit-guide
or load the game itself.

The unit is called "Royal Engineers"

The doctrinal unit is called "Royal Engineers recovery squad".
14 Mar 2018, 18:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Mar 2018, 18:59 PMTobis

------------------
Lame that Lolic put sangbags on some units and not others.
Well, yes. There is difference between units. Once you start homogenizing things, it doesn't stop.

soon every army has T0 4x man machine guns (even Soviets) with AP ammo.
soon every army has 5x Model Squad Armies (Even Soviets) with 2x upgrades
(2x Bar, 2x Bren, 2x LMG42)(Bren are buffed to MG42 levels, so are BAR. Bar can't fire on move)
soon USF has Sherman E8 non-doctrinal for cost of Panther. With Panther stats.
soon SoV has T34-85 non-doctrinal for cost of Panther. With Panther stats.

This is what I don't get. People want a balanced game, but everyone's idea of balance is
that they want to keep their strenghts on their pet faction, but want the opposing faction
's strenghts removed, because " I love scissors, and rocks crush scissors ".

All this bitching is never going to end until all factions are entirely mirror stats.
The Commanders, too.

No, my apologies. Bitching won't stop even then (! Why do USF have Sherman with same stats
as Panther? Panther raped Shermans historically) Sigh... :)

... But don't you want 5x Model Squads with G43s... that cost 280, not 240.
And losing bunkers. (USF also losing fighting position)(Unless they both can get the
same one, even soviets and british having their MG bunkers).
- Panthers that can de-crew and repair/cap flags.
- Shermans E8s being non-doctrinal and having 100% Panther stats and costs.

All have it or none.
You need to decide.

Are you okay with accepting that factions are different, and some have strenghts that others don't?
Or... do you want everything to be the same?

Please decide:
A - I want all factions to be nerfed hard, except my pet faction.
B - I want all factions to be the same. COMPLETELY the same (Except uniforms, looks)
C - I accept asymmetric balance, and that some units will be different than others, and
that ultimately, that will lead to a different playing style for each faction.

I think everyone should put on their profile, here, and it being tagged onto every
post and reply that they make in which camp they belong.

I prefer as it is now, but the bitching is insane.
So I propose C for custom, and B for Ranked PVP automatch. This way, skill would prevail,
and people would finally stop bitching about balance.

Add to this an effort to make each unit uselful, in some way. Way too many units
are underused, or become useless as time goes on.

14 Mar 2018, 19:05 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

------------------
Lame that Lolic put sangbags on some units and not others.
Well, yes. There is difference between units. Once you start homogenizing things, it doesn't stop.

soon every army has T0 4x man machine guns (even Soviets) with AP ammo.
soon every army has 5x Model Squad Armies (Even Soviets) with 2x upgrades
(2x Bar, 2x Bren, 2x LMG42)(Bren are buffed to MG42 levels, so are BAR. Bar can't fire on move)
soon USF has Sherman E8 non-doctrinal for cost of Panther. With Panther stats.
soon SoV has T34-85 non-doctrinal for cost of Panther. With Panther stats.

This is what I don't get. People want a balanced game, but everyone's idea of balance is
that they want to keep their strenghts on their pet faction, but want the opposing faction
's strenghts removed, because " I love scissors, and rocks crush scissors ".

All this bitching is never going to end until all factions are entirely mirror stats.
The Commanders, too.

No, my apologies. Bitching won't stop even then (! Why do USF have Sherman with same stats
as Panther? Panther raped Shermans historically) Sigh... :)

... But don't you want 5x Model Squads with G43s... that cost 280, not 240.
And losing bunkers. (USF also losing fighting position)(Unless they both can get the
same one, even soviets and british having their MG bunkers).
- Panthers that can de-crew and repair/cap flags.
- Shermans E8s being non-doctrinal and having 100% Panther stats and costs.

All have it or none.
You need to decide.

Are you okay with accepting that factions are different, and some have strenghts that others don't?
Or... do you want everything to be the same?

Please decide:
A - I want all factions to be nerfed hard, except my pet faction.
B - I want all factions to be the same. COMPLETELY the same (Except uniforms, looks)
C - I accept asymmetric balance, and that some units will be different than others, and
that ultimately, that will lead to a different playing style for each faction.

I think everyone should put on their profile, here, and it being tagged onto every
post and reply that they make in which camp they belong.

I prefer as it is now, but the bitching is insane.
So I propose C for custom, and B for Ranked PVP automatch. This way, skill would prevail,
and people would finally stop bitching about balance.

Add to this an effort to make each unit uselful, in some way. Way too many units
are underused, or become useless as time goes on.

I don't like that you quoted me for this rant, I have been very strongly against homogenization since the beginning.

I don't like that green cover sandbags are on mainline infantry, it makes positioning more trivial and cheapens strategic thinking. It was fine on conscripts because they are weak at long range and designed to be mobile. I don't think they should be removed from volks and tommies, but I wish the factions were designed better at the beginning to not require them.

FYI I want C, it's completely possible if the game is well designed.
14 Mar 2018, 19:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Mar 2018, 19:05 PMTobis

I don't like that you quoted me for this rant, I have been very strongly against homogenization since the beginning.

I don't like that green cover sandbags are on mainline infantry, it makes positioning more trivial and cheapens strategic thinking. It was fine on conscripts because they are weak at long range and designed to be mobile. I don't think they should be removed from volks and tommies, but I wish the factions were designed better at the beginning to not require them.
Yes you dont want to remove it from volks and tommies cuz its the only armies you play exept that OKW has that kuble spam that still exists
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★