Login

russian armor

Riflemen Sandbags

11 Mar 2018, 19:15 PM

i mean what do oyu think will they put riflemen having sandbags what do oyu think?

I cannot comment as I almost never play USF. I do not have the experience needed to have an opinion. I was only responding to the thread because I did not like the idea of nerfing conscripts.
11 Mar 2018, 23:43 PM

if you read what i wrote but the whole thing i say when RES are not around riflemen cant do shgit if there is no cover and cant push any further

rifleman used to have smoke and the whole deal with mortar was just balance running in circle.

the USF mortar should have never been added and the smoke kept on the rifleman.
12 Mar 2018, 00:52 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Mar 2018, 17:32 PMVipper
All tank traps should have build time increased.

USF tank traps should be me moved to assault engineers, then sandbags could be moved to R.E.

UKF trench and sandbags should be moved to Ro.E.

That puts sandbags behind tech. That is a terrible idea.
12 Mar 2018, 09:08 AM

That puts sandbags behind tech. That is a terrible idea.

Only for UKF.

And it is not a terrible idea. Tommies can currently create cover and self-heal in any position they like requiring the enemy to send at least twice the force to dislodge them and even they can cause as many casualties as they can and then simply retreat.

Heavy cover offer many advantages and should not be available for almost every fight.
12 Mar 2018, 11:18 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Mar 2018, 09:08 AMVipper

Only for UKF.

And it is not a terrible idea. Tommies can currently create cover and self-heal in any position they like requiring the enemy to send at least twice the force to dislodge them and even they can cause as many casualties as they can and then simply retreat.

Heavy cover offer many advantages and should not be available for almost every fight.

Tommies have to pay Muni to heal in the field, which is something both German factions can do. You are saying that UKF should be the only faction denied Vet 0 Tech 0 Sandbags?

Edited to fix the mistake
12 Mar 2018, 11:26 AM

Tommies have to pay Muni to heal in the field, which is something both German factions can do. You are saying that UKF should be the only faction denied Vet 0 Sandbags?

Are seriously going to compare UKF heal on the battlefield with axis one?

Vet has nothing to with it. Tech has and the tech cost is really low. In addition USF do not have sandbags.

Finally UKF are already unique they benefit more when in garrison or cover and have non doctrinal access to trenchs. (and are generally a mess)
12 Mar 2018, 11:34 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Mar 2018, 11:26 AMVipper

Are seriously going to compare UKF heal on the battlefield with axis one?

Vet has nothing to with it. Tech has and the tech cost is really low. In addition USF do not have sandbags.

I'm comparing it in that they both have a battlefield heal that costs muni.

And I meant to say Tech 0 not Vet 0. You are saying that UKF shouldn't have the ability to build cover at the start of the match, contrary to every other faction since alpha. This would be a signal to every other faction to rush their open field cutoffs knowing they will be at a disadvantage. This would completely throw off the current cover creation early game meta for UKF. It would make UKF uniquely vulnerable in the early game assault and defense. Every other faction would be able to take a cutoff and build cover wherever on that point as a delaying tactic except for UKF.

With all that in mind are you still in favor of putting UKF cover behind Tech?
12 Mar 2018, 11:49 AM

With all that in mind are you still in favor of putting UKF cover behind Tech?

Imo Tommies should not be able to built cover or trenches.

To me tech level is irrelevant, if that creates an issue one can move Ro.E. to T0.

(UKF heal is far superior to both OKW and Ostheer medic kits)
12 Mar 2018, 12:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Mar 2018, 11:49 AMVipper

Imo Tommies should not be able to built cover or trenches.

To me tech level is irrelevant, if that creates an issue one can move Ro.E. to T0.

(UKF heal is far superior to both OKW and Ostheer medic kits)

UKF is indeed superior but as an ability it isn't all that unique, just better. I merely objected to you using it as a "and another thing" pile on to the sandbag discussion.

I really don't think any of this is a viable solution to what I see as a non-issue. I don't even understand where you are coming from on this. I mean you say they have to be dealt with in a pain in the ass way that eats up time and resources. Welcome to every allied faction dealing with spio rushes.
12 Mar 2018, 12:55 PM

UKF is indeed superior but as an ability it isn't all that unique, just better. I merely objected to you using it as a "and another thing" pile on to the sandbag discussion.

I really don't think any of this is a viable solution to what I see as a non-issue. I don't even understand where you are coming from on this. I mean you say they have to be dealt with in a pain in the ass way that eats up time and resources. Welcome to every allied faction dealing with spio rushes.

Imo (as I have pointed out many times) strong infantry should be delayed and that includes SP and Penals.

(The reason mention healing is that unless you manage to dislodge tommies from their cover you are going to face them again fully healed which makes things even worse.)

But all this is irrelevant to sandbags which in my opinion should not be available to mainline infantry unless those infantries are really weak. (pre patch conscripts, pre St44 VGs)
12 Mar 2018, 13:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Mar 2018, 12:55 PMVipper

Imo (as I have pointed out many times) strong infantry should be delayed and that includes SP and Penals.

(The reason mention healing is that unless you manage to dislodge tommies from their cover you are going to face them again fully healed which makes things even worse.)

Penals are delayed by tech and when UKF players buy the healing they delay other items that cost munitions. Same reason you dont see a mass spam of rifle grenades in most early games because the Ost player needs the muni for the medical bunker and snares. The UKF player has to manage his early game resources so that he can upgrade his bren carrier.

If you are not likely to trade to your advantage in a fight don't fight it. Cap elsewhere and make them leave their cover. Cap around them and then close in from multiple sides if they are camping. If you are Ost, distract him elsewhere then use a rifle nade because the tommie bags bunch the models up great for a squad wipe. Or better yet do it with a second squad out of line of sight.
12 Mar 2018, 13:33 PM

People are now complaining about British sandbags needing "fixing." Jesus, every time I come back to the forum people are suggesting ridiculous changes to a 5 year old game. The British have already been nerfed to hell; they don't need their damn sandbags nerfed too. Holy god.
12 Mar 2018, 14:08 PM

rifleman used to have smoke and the whole deal with mortar was just balance running in circle.

the USF mortar should have never been added and the smoke kept on the rifleman.
disagree cuz no wipes lol
12 Mar 2018, 14:21 PM

Penals are delayed by tech and when UKF players buy the healing they delay other items that cost munitions. Same reason you dont see a mass spam of rifle grenades in most early games because the Ost player needs the muni for the medical bunker and snares. The UKF player has to manage his early game resources so that he can upgrade his bren carrier.

If you are not likely to trade to your advantage in a fight don't fight it. Cap elsewhere and make them leave their cover. Cap around them and then close in from multiple sides if they are camping. If you are Ost, distract him elsewhere then use a rifle nade because the tommie bags bunch the models up great for a squad wipe. Or better yet do it with a second squad out of line of sight.

Thanks for the advices, although they are unnecessary.

I explained my opinion (and back it up with arguments), which is different than yours and that is fine.

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Mar 2018, 13:33 PMKothre
People are now complaining about British sandbags needing "fixing." Jesus, every time I come back to the forum people are suggesting ridiculous changes to a 5 year old game. The British have already been nerfed to hell; they don't need their damn sandbags nerfed too. Holy god.

As I have pointed out UKF are mess and they need fixing. What they do not need is gimmicks to survive.

That is part of the reason why UKF trenches where brought inline with other factions.
12 Mar 2018, 14:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Mar 2018, 14:21 PMVipper

Thanks for the advices, although they are unnecessary.

I explained my opinion (and back it up with arguments), which is different than yours and that is fine.

As I have pointed out UKF are mess and they need fixing. What they do not need is gimmicks to survive.

That is part of the reason why UKF trenches where brought inline with other factions.
yeah trenches should no be an option to UKF at all at least at infrnatry section maybe sappers
12 Mar 2018, 14:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Mar 2018, 12:55 PMVipper

But all this is irrelevant to sandbags which in my opinion should not be available to mainline infantry unless those infantries are really weak. (pre patch conscripts, pre St44 VGs)

Well we are post patch for both of those, and Tommy squads entire design and function revolves around using cover. Not to mention UKFs engineer requires teching.

Sandbags are really not an issue in any way that I can see except for that it's a little odd that REs have tank traps. Other factions got to pick doc for that.
12 Mar 2018, 15:06 PM

Well we are post patch for both of those, and Tommy squads entire design and function revolves around using cover. Not to mention UKFs engineer requires teching.

And most maps have plenty of cover available for them to use as any other infantry.

As I explained if teching (and the cost is rather low) is an issue move Ro.E to T0.
12 Mar 2018, 15:18 PM

There's plenty of cover on maps. Sure.

But building your own cover, green cover especially, is important for a slew of gameplay reasons. Map cover is always the same, player built cover isnt.

Brits have the bren carrier in t0. Putting RES in UKF t0 is already overhauling the factions design. While I find a redesign warranted for UKF and beyond, it really should be a holistic redesign not a series of adjustments and rebalancing of units or stats that result in things being "different" or "consistent" or whatever for the sake of it.
12 Mar 2018, 15:59 PM

... While I find a redesign warranted for UKF and beyond, it really should be a holistic redesign not a series of adjustments and rebalancing of units or stats that result in things being "different" or "consistent" or whatever for the sake of it.

In my opinion UKF needs fixing probably more than other factions.

Yet Relic chose to make the trenches "consistent".

Once more I simply offered my opinion and explained where it comes from, feel free to have another opinion.

(I would have little objections in removing sandbags from conscripts and VG alike once they upgrade with weapons).
12 Mar 2018, 16:12 PM

There's plenty of cover on maps. Sure.

But building your own cover, green cover especially, is important for a slew of gameplay reasons. Map cover is always the same, player built cover isnt.

Brits have the bren carrier in t0. Putting RES in UKF t0 is already overhauling the factions design. While I find a redesign warranted for UKF and beyond, it really should be a holistic redesign not a series of adjustments and rebalancing of units or stats that result in things being "different" or "consistent" or whatever for the sake of it.
riflemen dotn have sandbags rears cant be aroudn eveyrwhere
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS