Login

russian armor

Is OKW dead? what's your opinion?

7 Mar 2018, 18:09 PM

When OKW released it was meant to provide elite infantry support as OKW has low fuel income and tanks are costly. They even have no good AT guns like Pak or ZiS.

Though there was munition to fuel conversion now it's gone. OKW can't even build fuel cache. OKW infantry is so fragile. It feels so frustrating to play with OKW. I see relic don't care about that so sad.
7 Mar 2018, 18:13 PM

Judging the amount of wins OKW got from latest tournament thingy? Hardly.
7 Mar 2018, 18:55 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

It'd be good to tell us which gamemodes you're talking about. OKW volks 1 on 1 with any allied infantry aside from cons generally lose. And volks don't scale as well anymore which mean you need to substitute your infantry with something in the lategame to cover your lack of AI. Be that suppression plateforms like the flak HT or MG34s, or damage dealers like panzer 4s or Obers.
7 Mar 2018, 18:55 PM

Special Snowflake Withdrawal.
7 Mar 2018, 19:57 PM

They arent a free win anymore and all the OKW one tricks are upset that they cant spam 4 volks that carry them to a I win KT. People seem surprised that Volks cant outscale more expensive and higher muni sink allied infantry anymore

OKW is in a fine spot, now they require the use of their elite infantry in conjunction of Volks. There are issues for sure such as OKW is very linear is tech paths because some units are weak and others are really strong. Along with healing. KT could use a price nerf and the mechanized hq feels a little redundant with how the current Flak HT is insanely good. There are some gimmicks with the faction that could use some adjusting to make them less linear.

On the flip side OKW has the best Medium Generalist in the game, the flak HT is a game changer, jp4 is a really strong medium counter. Best nondoc elite infantry in the game. High early game pressure with strums plus a large amount of early infantry for map control.

OKW excels with the proper micro of units. Players who lose or fail to micro units properly get punished severly as OKW. Ex: Losing a flak ht early or raken micro/placement are costly for OKW.

7 Mar 2018, 20:18 PM

*looks at playercard of OP* Nothing to see here folks, move along.

I suggest try playing more than 5 games as USF or Soviet before declaring OKW dead - probably give you more of an appreciation for them.
7 Mar 2018, 20:25 PM

OKW is not dead!
7 Mar 2018, 21:12 PM

3v3 4v4 Is OKW dead!
7 Mar 2018, 22:05 PM

nope. But there is a reason to play ostheer now. :)
8 Mar 2018, 00:22 AM

OKW is totally dead in both 2v2 and 3v3.

Their infantry sucks, their tanks are too expensive, no AT, MG sucks, Kubel nerfed, infantry gun nerfed. Maybe you can choose Defensive commander for Pak43, but thats it.

Allied AT guns and MGs simply shut OKW down

The only thing they got is the early Flak Track, it can set up fast, but its damage was reduced, so its a wash. Most of the time I find myself wishing I had the damage back, I can position it fine.

All I can say is, don't play OKW right now. Every game I lose as Ost is because of a OKW partner that cannot pull his weight.
8 Mar 2018, 01:51 AM

OKW is totally dead in both 2v2 and 3v3.

Their infantry sucks, their tanks are too expensive, no AT, MG sucks, Kubel nerfed, infantry gun nerfed. Maybe you can choose Defensive commander for Pak43, but thats it.

Allied AT guns and MGs simply shut OKW down

The only thing they got is the early Flak Track, it can set up fast, but its damage was reduced, so its a wash. Most of the time I find myself wishing I had the damage back, I can position it fine.

All I can say is, don't play OKW right now. Every game I lose as Ost is because of a OKW partner that cannot pull his weight.

axis won 3-0 in the finales game this past weekend.

reality disagree with your assessment.

the game in question:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/234766263
8 Mar 2018, 08:35 AM

Can somebody tell me why everything on this board is always BLACK or WHITE?

Either OKW is dead or OKW is OP AS HELL!!!

Why not asking: "Is OKW a bit too weak at the moment?"
8 Mar 2018, 08:53 AM

the game in question:

Was it double OKW?
8 Mar 2018, 10:47 AM

Before the patch i had nearly 2000games with OKW.

after the patch i played them...and realize how bad and weak they are now.
i play mostly random 2v2....and okw struggle really hard in teamgames.

So i switched to ost...which give me more uitiltys and options.

it is more fun now and you know all your units are not overpowered ... (not like the sov faction) but they do their job (hello rakten)

so im fear other random OKW player as teammates..because they have problem on their side and i must support them at start.

mean i cant push the other side....so i follow this strat: when okw teammate appears...i go heavy on his side and push hard with him...to compensate the OKW weakness

8 Mar 2018, 11:26 AM

"No guys you don't understand. See, all the issues you raise and all the arguments you give about OKW are completely irrelevant because these very skillful players beat some other very skillful players as axis a whole 3 times!"

Boy do I love OKW discussions on this platform.
8 Mar 2018, 12:24 PM

the game in question:

i watched this game....OKW has doesnt bring much to this win...the japdpanzer had no chance vs the allie TDs and rakten die so fast when crewed by 4model squad...when crewed by 6 models..they have much better surviveabilty and doesnt die to the first hit...(okw should have 6models on rakten)

KT was such a useless spongebob...it has less AI than the ISU!

volks wasnt good like every game since patch..and else...hmm..the Lef isnt a only okw unit..it is ok..but not that great.

8 Mar 2018, 12:27 PM

I wouldn't count it as dead but rather the worse axis faction right now.

The Vet nerfs took one of the major aspects from OKW.

Combined with the heavy nerfs (Panther, JT and even a slight KT nerf years ago) and especially the major TD buffs for the Allies, I think OKW has a hard time to compete. All while having no caches.

Still I think OKW is playable if only for the Panzer IV meta. A lot of units are underpowered but there are some crutches.

The real question is: Is being restricted to blobs and Panzer IVs fun?
8 Mar 2018, 14:04 PM

Still rather play OKW than Loseheer
8 Mar 2018, 15:20 PM

The real question is: Is being restricted to blobs and Panzer IVs fun?

For their USF opponents, yes. Kappa.
8 Mar 2018, 16:02 PM

IMO, OKW's main issues are the leIG's inability to defeat garrisons, the Rak's unreliability and the Luchs' construction time nerf being 20 seconds too long. Most of their issues outside that are Allied overperformance, such as the TD meta invalidating the main strength of OKW's armor.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 34
Mexico 19
unknown 13
Germany 703
New Zealand 14
United States 3
Peru 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias