Login

russian armor

Solution to hmg spam

1 Feb 2018, 11:43 AM

3 mg42's is spam
3 mg34's is spam
3 vickers is spam
3 50 calls is spam

but not 3 maxims, thats just normal right?

why exactly 3 units? can spam, this is already 2? or 4?
1 Feb 2018, 11:45 AM

Permanently Banned
Brosras spamer confrimed, its even worse, than be cheater.
1 Feb 2018, 11:48 AM

Can I please the document in which it will be described? Since, some people called me a spammer, with 2nd units

As I said before, spamming machine guns is a valid tactic as is blobbing and as is sim city but the problem is when other factions can't punish these strats. Everything should have a weak side and right now hmg spam, specially maxim spam, doesnt have any counter because the suppression + the low model reinforce allows for later elite infantry spam and/or tank spam and thus effectively covering any weakness that the other player could exploit from hmg spam.
1 Feb 2018, 11:53 AM

As I said before, spamming machine guns is a valid tactic as is blobbing and as is sim city but the problem is when other factions can't punish these strats. Everything should have a weak side and right now hmg spam, specially maxim spam, doesnt have any counter because the suppression + the low model reinforce allows for later elite infantry spam and/or tank spam and thus effectively covering any weakness that the other player could exploit from hmg spam.

you thought that against the spam of your infantry, will I expose my own? if you have a lot of infantry, and you can not get through the machine guns, maybe problem not the machine guns, but your build?
1 Feb 2018, 11:56 AM

you thought that against the spam of your infantry, will I expose my own? if you have a lot of infantry, and you can not get through the machine guns, maybe problem not the machine guns, but your build?

4 core infantry squads isn't spam dude... I wonder how you are supposed to support your tanks and support weapons with only 2 core infantry squads. If one does like >=6 core infantry squads that is spam, I agree, but 3+ support weapons isn't spam? I don't understand why you are playing dumb here, you know this very well.
1 Feb 2018, 12:04 PM

4 core infantry squads isn't spam dude... I wonder how you are supposed to support your tanks and support weapons with only 2 core infantry squads. If one does like >=6 core infantry squads that is spam, I agree, but 3+ support weapons isn't spam? I don't understand why you are playing dumb here, you know this very well.

okw, there were 4 squads and 1 pio and 1 leig against maxim, while not you, not your partner, from mortars, never blew smoke.
1 Feb 2018, 12:05 PM

1 mg from OKW would already have made it difficult for me to attack.
1 Feb 2018, 12:06 PM

Permanently Banned

Weak side of maxim spam are temp, 3 cons into t2 are way better , than maxim spam, coz maxim spam are limited in his strategy.
I dont see any problem to push maxim spam with postion play and ostheer t2. OKW have HT that make good job, problem for OKW can be only in maps with a lot houses.
1 Feb 2018, 12:13 PM

okw, there were 4 squads and 1 pio and 1 leig against maxim, while not you, not your partner, from mortars, never blew smoke.

leigs are a waste of manpower this patch, they are only good to deploy smoke because they lack the AoE and/or range. Wehr does deal with maxim spam better because of the sniper and mortar but all it takes is a little mistake for you to get rekt.

1 mg from OKW would already have made it difficult for me to attack.

Sure one hmg 34 (weakest hmg in the game) would stop 6 maxims with mortar support and zis gun that has light artillery barrage ability...
1 Feb 2018, 12:21 PM

leigs are a waste of manpower this patch, they are only good to deploy smoke because they lack the AoE and/or range. Wehr does deal with maxim spam better because of the sniper and mortar but all it takes is a little mistake for you to get rekt.

Sure one hmg 34 (weakest hmg in the game) would stop 6 maxims with mortar support and zis gun that has light artillery barrage ability...

pff playing on okw, only I hear, leig op, so did not persuade.
And about mg34, then there were more units besides him, I did not say that 1 mg > 3 maxim, but where better to have 4 squad + mg and leig, than 5 squad + leig
1 Feb 2018, 12:28 PM

what is there to talk about when waiting for his kt, at that time, my katyushas, ​​bleeding enemy infantry, have he has shtuka or pz4 ...
1 Feb 2018, 18:36 PM
Donator 11

If you're not making that up it's just stupid thinking, probably relic overthinking things. "general reinforcement cost rule" LUL

Yes, that rule exists and it dates back to coh1 release over 10 years ago. It is one of the core rules that rule the game - its ment to promote team weapons over infantry spam to improve combined arms and to make sure bigger squads really benefit from being more durable as opposed to just being manpower sinks.

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Feb 2018, 08:01 AMVipper

The rule is no longer in affect for infatry since the latest patch have changed the reinforcement cost, reinforcement time and build time of majority of unit units (that had their cost altered).

That is not exaclty true, only a few "elite" squads got their reinforcement ever changed.

The rule was not in affect even before when it come to HMG, since the reinforcement cost of maxim and Dshk was 15 while the unit costed 240 and 300 and the HMG-34 was one of most expensive to reinforce (even more than HMG-42)while being the cheaper.

There is at least 20 team weapons in the game. Only maxim, DShK and MG-34 don't follow the rule and in case of MG-34 it is just a 1mp discount (which still makes it the cheapest to reinforce mg in the game). MG-34 is actually cheaper to reinforce than MG-42.

Finally the idea of comparing cost of fully reinforcing squad is flawed, if one want to compared reinforcement cost vs small arm one has to compare by EHP (effective HP)of entity and vs explosive weapons HP of entity.

Comparing full reinfocement cost is the only solution. If you try to ballance the costs around single entity cost, then all you get is that bigger squads are disadvantaged by their size and become just a manpower sink. Remember that these models are actually weaker to compensate for the squad size. For example if conscripts were 30 to reinforce like grens, they would also have to be as good in combat as grens. Nobody would like that ballance wise.
1 Feb 2018, 19:07 PM

For example if conscripts were 30 to reinforce like grens, they would also have to be as good in combat as grens. Nobody would like that ballance wise.

Cons were balanced to be as good as grens in combat, though only for vet 0 without upgrades. Scaling balance with vet and weapon upgrades is something that wasn't really done, hasn't been done, and at this rate will never really be done.
1 Feb 2018, 19:19 PM
Donator 11

Cons were balanced to be as good as grens in combat, though only for vet 0 without upgrades. Scaling balance with vet and weapon upgrades is something that wasn't really done, hasn't been done, and at this rate will never really be done.

Are you saying that each model of cons is comparable to each model of grens? That is obviously not true, thankfully so. Otherwise there would be no way for grens to win at vet0, yet they often do.
1 Feb 2018, 19:57 PM

Never had a single problem with MG spam since the last patch.
90-95% of all Sovs in 1v1 go T1 as it would be too devastating to miss out on the extremely strong Penals and Snipers.

MG42 can't be spammed. Vickers can't be spammed. 50cal can't be spammed. MG34 can't be spammed.

/Thread.

Play OKW vs someone who spams(3-4) Maxims or .50cal on you and then say that again :foreveralone: If it's not minsk pocket and vs a player that knows how to use his HMG's (A-move with inf support), it can be giga-cancer for OKW :foreveralone:

P. S. .50cal can be spammed and it makes sense to spam it cuz it's an aggressive HMG that can be A-moved .
1 Feb 2018, 20:40 PM

Don't want to burst bubbles here, but maxim spam still works just like it did back in the day.

you dont even play the game, just garden off nice person

steam forums are perfect for you
1 Feb 2018, 21:13 PM

Are you saying that each model of cons is comparable to each model of grens? That is obviously not true, thankfully so. Otherwise there would be no way for grens to win at vet0, yet they often do.

Oh no, I'm talking about the squads. The actual unit that players control and command. Not entities.

I can't think of a reason why I would bother to argue about entity vs entity performance. Talk about missing the forest for the trees. :P
1 Feb 2018, 21:41 PM

you dont even play the game, just garden off nice person

steam forums are perfect for you

Nah I'll stay
1 Feb 2018, 22:05 PM

From a 2v2 perspective, you have so much to say in theory, but you lack the skill in execution. Leigs are a waste of manpower because you can’t AFK it near a battlegroup and still have it shoot to the frontline? With that logic, the mortar pit is absolute trash as well because one has to actually press a few buttons to barrage past auto attack range now.

What’s really happening is that you’re being presented with certain challenges that you dislike and refuse to adapt to. You have the tools necessary to overcome(mortar/leig) but you refuse to use them and instead whine about it on the forums. Have you thought about rushing a flame HT, getting a stuka, a luchs, smoke and flank, a panzer 4?

People need to think about what they can do to win with what’s available in the game right now, before crying on the forums. The patch is barely a month old and rank 1000s are apparently experts already calling for balance changes.

And tell your buddy that if he wants to “see” if exploits are true, he can do it in a custom lobby. But you guys did it twice in a row, so there must be more to it.
1 Feb 2018, 22:15 PM

From a 2v2 perspective, you have so much to say in theory, but you lack the skill in execution. Leigs are a waste of manpower because you can’t AFK it near a battlegroup and still have it shoot to the frontline? With that logic, the mortar pit is absolute trash as well because one has to actually press a few buttons to barrage past auto attack range now.

What’s really happening is that you’re being presented with certain challenges that you dislike and refuse to adapt to. You have the tools necessary to overcome(mortar/leig) but you refuse to use them and instead whine about it on the forums. Have you thought about rushing a flame HT, getting a stuka, a luchs, smoke and flank, a panzer 4?

People need to think about what they can do to win with what’s available in the game right now, before crying on the forums. The patch is barely a month old and rank 1000s are apparently experts already calling for balance changes.

If you want the ISG to be an effective counter against MG spam, you have to get 2 of them. That's quite a burden considering they can't be used on the frontline like the MGs.

Personally I liked the ISG from the scrapped balance patch. It had better aoe for less range in general.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 53
unknown 10

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment