Login

russian armor

USF Mortar

22 Jan 2018, 16:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jan 2018, 15:49 PMMittens

This is a poor argument for sure ill take it.

His argument was “go play ost and figure it out“ yet i only see theorycrafting and no ostheer games.
22 Jan 2018, 19:14 PM

it is terrible its fakin worthless other than smoking mgs. Complete crap i have to build this POS mortar just to smoke mgs. Whats really funny is when it gets wiped by the first shell from OST mortar ive had that happen SEVERAL times. Garbage.

I had games where OST mortar wiped 2 IS squads right off the bat in cover. Or leaves them with a sliver of HP that are easily wiped and sniped by grens. Thats fine tho.

Really usf mortar has crap range already why cant it be decent at least instead of useless other than smoking mgs. It needs to be effective at least or your forced to choose captain every time to get pak howie or a doct with mortar HT. Or give rifles back smoke. "just flank" dosent work on half these dota 3 lane maps designed perfectly for axis mg arc.
22 Jan 2018, 19:22 PM

its funny that Usf has 2 non doc indirect fire plaforms but none of them is not good as wermaht mortar its sad actually
22 Jan 2018, 19:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jan 2018, 19:14 PMRocket
it is terrible its fakin worthless other than smoking mgs. Complete crap i have to build this POS mortar just to smoke mgs. Whats really funny is when it gets wiped by the first shell from OST mortar ive had that happen SEVERAL times. Garbage.

I had games where OST mortar wiped 2 IS squads right off the bat in cover. Or leaves them with a sliver of HP that are easily wiped and sniped by grens. Thats fine tho.

Really usf mortar has crap range already why cant it be decent at least instead of useless other than smoking mgs. It needs to be effective at least or your forced to choose captain every time to get pak howie or a doct with mortar HT. Or give rifles back smoke. "just flank" dosent work on half these dota 3 lane maps designed perfectly for axis mg arc.

best game is when u play port hamburg right side fuel aganist two wermaht players and each one make one mg and 2 mortars sometimes its really annoying especially as brit player
22 Jan 2018, 19:30 PM

best game is when u play port hamburg right side fuel aganist two wermaht players and each one make one mg and 2 mortars sometimes its really annoying especially as brit player

Oh yeah its wipe city you cant even really fight them just have to avoid the area cause you know one of those homing mortars is gonna wipe your squad if you try. And if your USF what do you do make shit mortar that just gets hard countered by there mortar? or smoke there mg then retreat mortar instantly lol
22 Jan 2018, 23:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jan 2018, 15:49 PMMittens

TLDR: OST Mortar ROF bypass its "downsides" of low accuracy because it fires 2x the amount of shells leading it to gain vet faster only making better. Its high ROF also gives it a high chance of hitting larger squads (thus nullifying your "Muh 4 man squads) and a higher chance for squad wipes.

Your logic is circular and bad, there is no way you can argue that having 6 man squads means you have a higher chance for squad wipes.

Also you should try harder to look up some stats first, the USF mortar fires as fast or faster than the OST one.
23 Jan 2018, 15:25 PM

I had a game where Vet 0 ZIS Gun penetrated KT frontal armour 4 times in a row.

Does that make ZIS gun OP?

i sseen a vid from dapope where the Zis gun had about infntery kills in few minutes...and the most ISGs get only 15-20 in a whole game
23 Jan 2018, 15:35 PM

Is a Pain specially that Vertical Vector can left a Granadier squad out of combat (enough damage to have a big risk of suffer a wipe).
23 Jan 2018, 16:13 PM

Not having the range of the OST mortar kind of sucks but makes sense. USF's team weapons shouldn't be as good as OST, considering their mainline infantry is some of the best in the game.

Least we don't have to rely on that incredible piece of crap known as the pak howie. Those were some dark days.
23 Jan 2018, 16:43 PM

Pak howie should be like 50cal, late in game but strong
But but about mg34??
23 Jan 2018, 16:58 PM
Admin Red  Badge

Let's refrain from posting site rule breaking input in this thread. Continue with appropriate on topic posts.
23 Jan 2018, 18:10 PM

Problem with the actual range is when you are at max range, Ostheer mortar is at mid range. If you want to use it effectively vs a HMG you need to be at mid range which is inside the HMG range and sometime there isn't much shot blocker to cover you.
23 Jan 2018, 19:11 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Thread title amended
23 Jan 2018, 20:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jan 2018, 18:10 PMEsxile
Problem with the actual range is when you are at max range, Ostheer mortar is at mid range. If you want to use it effectively vs a HMG you need to be at mid range which is inside the HMG range and sometime there isn't much shot blocker to cover you.

That is incorrect. Ostheer and USF mortar have the same scatter at same range.

The only difference between the 2 is that one has a near AOE of 1 and the other 0.75.
23 Jan 2018, 22:14 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

If you bring your usa mortar close to the mg42 for example you can easy kill it. And the USA mortar is very fast in build up and build down--> very mobile.
23 Jan 2018, 23:30 PM

Permanently Banned
Mortar on this game are a real joke, soo op! All of them.

The game is full of arcade gameplay that will end this game and rip soon.

Mortar red cover > infantry on green (on the same vision space, make the test and see).
24 Jan 2018, 13:51 PM

its funny that Usf has 2 non doc indirect fire plaforms but none of them is not good as wermaht mortar its sad actually

Don't forget the scott, it is also a non doc indirect fire platform and it is pretty mobile. I dont really see the purpose of the usf mortar but they made it available at tier 0 to smoke out hmg spam, if you use it a bit risky, in the front line, you will have amazing results (I sure have!).
24 Jan 2018, 23:56 PM

Don't forget the scott, it is also a non doc indirect fire platform and it is pretty mobile. I dont really see the purpose of the usf mortar but they made it available at tier 0 to smoke out hmg spam, if you use it a bit risky, in the front line, you will have amazing results (I sure have!).

Thats fine amd all but the ost one is better so the usf one needs buffed back to its introduction glory!/s
27 Jan 2018, 00:21 AM

USF mortar is fine, aside from the poor range.

@skemshead I would suggest you play against the ost mortar before commenting on the usf mortar.

U mean the I wanna kms Mortar
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 23
Peru 14
United Kingdom 49
unknown 5
United States 2
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias