12 Jan 2018, 20:07 PM

So much BS over nothing!
12 Jan 2018, 21:19 PM

Hans is already streaming coh2 again :P

did he play axis?
12 Jan 2018, 21:23 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

did he play axis?

No he played soviets with t1 and lost ;)

Best thing for him should be a break. Then focus on 1vs1 and come back to the next big cup. And go for top 3 in the tournament then.
12 Jan 2018, 21:23 PM

He played guards + sniper.

At least in the game I watched about 2 hours ago.

(He won one game in a 2v2 despite being low on VP, enemy team surrendered).
12 Jan 2018, 21:39 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

2 Days, impressive.

Damn! I have had to take off Che Faro.

12 Jan 2018, 22:46 PM
Patrion 14

The problem is not even remotely the same. Guards last past were lacklustre at best vs infantry and average against vehicles, and that is why they were almost never seen. Now they are strong vs infantry and vehicles and as such are present in at least 70% of all sov builds(IME).

You quoted the patch notes and should know that their performance against vehicles was not effected ;) The build was though to beat before the patch and it still is now.

I'm not sure if nerfing guards ai would be helpful since then the unit goes back to not being used besides the people that specifically want to go for that strat. A better route would be to have a one man/woman sniper and limit the guards' slow ability to anything above light vehicles (excluding them) or remove it. That way it is possible to dive with light vehicles to chase a sniper down.
12 Jan 2018, 23:22 PM

You quoted the patch notes and should know that their performance against vehicles was not effected ;) The build was though to beat before the patch and it still is now.

I'm not sure if nerfing guards ai would be helpful since then the unit goes back to not being used besides the people that specifically want to go for that strat. A better route would be to have a one man/woman sniper and limit the guards' slow ability to anything above light vehicles (excluding them) or remove it. That way it is possible to dive with light vehicles to chase a sniper down.

All changes are always included in patch notes aren't they. Only mods can answer for sure, and I was unaware of any At changes until watching tightrope stream last night and he said deflection damage was too high on guards and from in game performance that looked to be true.

However, the real issue is how good guards are at AI because it gives soviets a very solid unit composition with very few weaknesses. Soviets have more than enough AI options with penals/ppsh cons/LV's and as such do not need their AT infantry to also be solid AI.

There is a very good reason why guards are so prevalent this patch and its not solely Guard/Sniper synergy.

13 Jan 2018, 00:29 AM

All changes are always included in patch notes aren't they. Only mods can answer for sure, and I was unaware of any At changes until watching tightrope stream last night and he said deflection damage was too high on guards and from in game performance that looked to be true.

However, the real issue is how good guards are at AI because it gives soviets a very solid unit composition with very few weaknesses. Soviets have more than enough AI options with penals/ppsh cons/LV's and as such do not need their AT infantry to also be solid AI.

There is a very good reason why guards are so prevalent this patch and its not solely Guard/Sniper synergy.

It is both correct that the PTRS was changed and those changes were not included in the Final patch notes but they were described in "DECEMBER BALANCE PREVIEW V1.0"

"PTRS Ready Aim Time reduced from 2 to 1.25 (affects all PTRS variants)"

https://community.companyofheroes.com/discussion/244441/december-balance-preview-changelog?_ga=2.194790245.914782997.1515800363-916191792.1512696907#latest

13 Jan 2018, 05:31 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jan 2018, 02:26 AMKpen97
After reading this thread seeing people trying to twist other peoples opinions and people voicing their opinions; think its time to voice mine.

I have sub to hans for almost 2 years now, have watched him for almost 4 years. Watching the vod back of the 2v2 matches tenshi and hans played to see what happened showed me somethings that lead to hans ultimate downfall. The sniping of Lmctx and price deff lead to this, But this shows how much time they invested into the new patch to see what build order and strat is the most effective in the new meta which still isn't set in stone yet. They way tenshi and hans countered this strat wasn't successful, the stuka su fus hans built had gotten no vet up until 30 minute mark that was a waste and yes it is hard to bomb snipers with it. tenshi's knowledge on coh2 cheese isn't there as he mainly mains axis factions which can hinder counterplay vs allies, picked the wrong commander and units. Hans picked breakthrough its an okay commander but vs allied cheese fussis won't cut it and JT can be countered by allied tank spam.

My opinion here is hans overreacted and made darma out of something that normally happens to most streamers, i remember one stream where Barton and price sniped hans, hans steam m8 drops the match and hans solo wins the match vs USF calliope and soviet cheese "OLD PATCH". Tenshi reacted in the proper way, with his professional background in cast and production for streams in the Starcraft community, tenshi mannered himself well but played poorly.

In the end if hans has officially stopped playing coh2 for the foreseeable future or any relic game, his stream channel could die which isn't the best thing, but that's the hast reality of this.

That's my response to this darma fest.

Now for people who want to twist this post around and try to use it against me like what Phoenix101 did to Lenny12346, clearly didn't know who Lenny is in this community. You'll just make yourself look silly trying to defame or twist the truth. If someone does it to me, Ill call you out.

And who is Lenny in this community? A streamer with avg 30 viewers who disappeared for a year after streaming tons of games as soviets where he exploits broken mechanics (sandbag spam, etc)

As far as I can see, he's practically nobody and heavily biased in favour of Soviets. Therefore his opinion that Hans is wrong about certain Sov units being OP because he is "emotional" is empty and useless.

As for your points on Hans, sure you made some good ones.

None of them refute the point that Hans' reaction is a strong denoter of a balance issue.

You can say "he only gone two days" but anyone who has been self-employed will know that 2 days off work can hurt and is a risk to lose clients/viewers.

There is a balance problem and it favours allies.
13 Jan 2018, 06:06 AM

Why is this thread even a thing? What's the point in getting so wrapped up in whether Hans uninstalled or not? He rage quit; big deal, we all do that from time to time. If you're in the category where you think the game isn't fair, a simple solution exists: don't play it. And if you're still playing, well -- get back to searching for your next match. All this extra speculation is a waste of time.

1) Because Hans is/was the only Pro COH2 player.
2) Because Hans is/was a great player and he perceives an imbalance in the game.
3) Will Hans be the next great player to just disappear?
4) A chance to learn a new OP strat and ways to counter it.
5) Hans is THE GUY according to Relic to learn their shit game of RNG ass fisting.
6) Like all of us Hans hates RNG and secretly prays Relic all get drippy dick. And would gladly quit playing this game but for his subs.

I made up 5 and 6 cause I knew no one would read that far :lol:

13 Jan 2018, 12:46 PM

The responses in this thread show but one thing; patches can change the game, but they can't change the lunacy of this community.
13 Jan 2018, 22:34 PM

I generally really like how Tenshi(Han's duo partner) conducts himself through most of his games/streams. The game is inherently BS really with RNG determining crucial armor/infantry engagements but the some people in the community really need to get some perspective here.

Ullu's a lower ranked Axis player who is trying to use this incident as ammunition and false authority for his comical balance threads and others seem to be dog piling hans with a bit too much fervor. I don't even personally like Han's streaming style that much, but the response to what essentially boils down to a standard fare rage quit/uninstall is completely overblown.

This episode + it's reactions isn't really how we should be trying to foster a half decent community.
13 Jan 2018, 22:42 PM

I like how he calls the sniper/guards combo op and that that game is balanced because of it when they werent even changed
14 Jan 2018, 00:13 AM

I like how he calls the sniper/guards combo op and that that game is balanced because of it when they werent even changed

Guards were buffed this patch :)

Because of guards being so good now, it's an indirect buff to the sniper. When used together you have snipers who are just really tough to get by - even on their own. And then you have a wall of guards. This unit is now crazy good against OKW basic infantry.

It must be really cancerous to face LUL
14 Jan 2018, 00:46 AM

So is the balance restored now that Hans is back?
14 Jan 2018, 05:30 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jan 2018, 00:46 AMGrumpy

Yes. Hans is back. So now we will only receive half the bad RNG we used to. Hans, our savior will take the rest :hansWUT:
14 Jan 2018, 09:28 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jan 2018, 05:30 AMRosbone

Yes. Hans is back. So now we will only receive half the bad RNG we used to. Hans, our savior will take the rest :hansWUT:

Any question about RNG?:*(
14 Jan 2018, 10:49 AM
Patrion 14

Why not just give okw a sniper ffs...... And USF too, everytime i play with a usf player in 2 vs 2 we lose, they dont have a chance.....
14 Jan 2018, 11:18 AM

Hans has long tongue
14 Jan 2018, 13:48 PM

I really fucking hope you are taking a piss on us, dood. Otherwise, you are exactly what is wrong with the community...
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★