Login

russian armor

The new patch

3 Jan 2018, 12:35 PM

KT with 375 armour: This is Opie and needs nerfs nao.

Is2 with 375 armour: This has paper armour. Needs buffs!

King Tiger can easily wipe two squads of shoocks with one shot in motion.
IS-2 can only miss in huge blob before him.
3 Jan 2018, 19:51 PM

The IS-2 is doctrinal, the KT is not...

How often do you see the IS-2? it has SUCH a long reload speed, and it's scatter is huge. The penetration is shit, it's a joke of a heavy tank which is why almost nobody uses it.

I can think of so many better investments than an IS-2. Yet the big 122 gun apparently struggled to fight anything out there... it's a massive disappointment. I can't believe someone would even argue that the IS-2 is somehow " OP "

What world are these people in ? XD
3 Jan 2018, 20:32 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Surprised this thread got to the IS2 which IIRC wasn't even touched in the new patch, even though this thread is about the new patch.

IS2 scatter is too high, which makes it an RNG cannon. I'd like to see its scatter buffed, but at the cost of something else. Preferably armor since this is the 1 unit that the StuG and JP4 actually struggle to pen, but buffing their pen would lower the effective armor of other allied tanks with high armor significantly such as the comet and pershing.

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Jan 2018, 19:51 PMKharn

How often do you see the IS-2? it has SUCH a long reload speed, and it's scatter is huge. The penetration is shit, it's a joke of a heavy tank which is why almost nobody uses it.

I can think of so many better investments than an IS-2. Yet the big 122 gun apparently struggled to fight anything out there... it's a massive disappointment. I can't believe someone would even argue that the IS-2 is somehow " OP "

I see it only when I build it myself. This tank is in a very bad position:
- poor performance
- only in two commanders
- unnecessary, in order to survive and build an IS-2 you need: Katyusha - the only Soviet anti-blob unit, SU-85 for AT protection.

And When IS-2 is ready for build it is unnecessary for you: or everything is bad and this piece of uselessness will not help you, or you are in a good position and you do not need it, or you do not have the resources.

The IS2 used to be great.

Then WFA happened and all the factions had to morph to make WFA work.

Then Brits happened and all the factions had to morph to make Brits less broken.

Very little holistic or comprehensive effort has been made over the years to rectify what was left behind. The IS2 is one such left behind unit.

It's terrible performance is what was OP once upon a time. It's kind of the poster child for how much of this game has power creeped.
3 Jan 2018, 23:08 PM

You do know that all tanks "miss" when shooting at infantry.

I think you have no idea what youre talking about and just full of it.
4 Jan 2018, 00:39 AM

Actually the IS-2 got buffs this Patch:
IS-2 Heavy Tank
We are adjusting the IS-2 to be more reliable against infantry due to its slow rate of fire.

Population from 19 to 20
Scatter offset from 0.25 to 0.185
Far AOE from 0.05 to 0.1
4 Jan 2018, 00:48 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Jan 2018, 00:39 AMVipper
Actually the IS-2 got buffs this Patch:
IS-2 Heavy Tank
We are adjusting the IS-2 to be more reliable against infantry due to its slow rate of fire.

Population from 19 to 20
Scatter offset from 0.25 to 0.185
Far AOE from 0.05 to 0.1

No wonder I didn't remember those changes, as they're hardly anything. :clap:
4 Jan 2018, 04:06 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Jan 2018, 19:51 PMKharn

.... it has more pen than tiger...
4 Jan 2018, 04:07 AM

Surprised this thread got to the IS2 which IIRC wasn't even touched in the new patch, even though this thread is about the new patch.

IS2 scatter is too high, which makes it an RNG cannon. I'd like to see its scatter buffed, but at the cost of something else. Preferably armor since this is the 1 unit that the StuG and JP4 actually struggle to pen, but buffing their pen would lower the effective armor of other allied tanks with high armor significantly such as the comet and pershing.
they actually buffed the scatter of the is2 in this patch ,please read them before writing
Vaz
4 Jan 2018, 04:08 AM

Buffing the penetration of the stug and jp4 would not lower the effective armor of most other allied tanks (maybe chruchill), since at the current values they already penetrate every connecting shot. Going from 100% to 100% is not a problem, lol.

No wonder I didn't remember those changes, as they're hardly anything. :clap:

These changes are quite significant actually and seem to address the known problem. Maybe further buff is needed, but it's better than no buff.

4 Jan 2018, 04:09 AM

I see it only when I build it myself. This tank is in a very bad position:
- poor performance
- only in two commanders
- unnecessary, in order to survive and build an IS-2 you need: Katyusha - the only Soviet anti-blob unit, SU-85 for AT protection.

And When IS-2 is ready for build it is unnecessary for you: or everything is bad and this piece of uselessness will not help you, or you are in a good position and you do not need it, or you do not have the resources.
shouldn’t this apply to tiger too ?
4 Jan 2018, 04:35 AM

they actually buffed the scatter of the is2 in this patch ,please read them before writing

https://www.coh2.org/topic/66831/the-new-patch/post/647740 Check post time, then apply ^

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Jan 2018, 04:08 AMVaz

Buffing the penetration of the stug and jp4 would not lower the effective armor of most other allied tanks (maybe chruchill), since at the current values they already penetrate every connecting shot. Going from 100% to 100% is not a problem, lol.

I said "high armor" Primarily the comet and pershing. at 170 pen (JP4) raising the JP4 pen to 200 would dramatically change how frequently the JP4 bounced off a pershing (300 armor). From 56.6% -> 66.7% is a major change on potentially one of the more dominant commanders of the patch.

Vaz
4 Jan 2018, 06:54 AM

That's all right, but how many engagements are going to be vs those high armor units? If I'm not mistaken, there is a way to prevent the select few tanks with enough armor to bounce a shot from being effected by the increased penetration. Target tables, I think they are called. A couple entries there and problem solved. Even the inverse of that, just buff penetration of certain destroyers against whatever is a problem.
4 Jan 2018, 06:54 AM

You do know that all tanks "miss" when shooting at infantry.

I think you have no idea what youre talking about and just full of it.

In my opinion, you are not playing a game, or defend the King Tiger because you love this imba. Until the patch King Tiger: total wipe the machine, after the patch: total wipe the machine. The King Tiger always wipes a sqiad or two squads in the movement at a great distance. All that IS-2 is capable of: to miss and even more to miss in a huge blob.
4 Jan 2018, 06:56 AM

shouldn’t this apply to tiger too ?

Maybe, but Tiger (any) in every match, IS-2 only discussions on the forums.
4 Jan 2018, 08:45 AM

This is probably not one of the most populair ideas, but i think the mortar pit needs to be changed back to their previous form, and okw need to get their early retreat point back. Think this would increase the balance in large teamgames (3v3/4v4) a lot.
4 Jan 2018, 09:19 AM

This armor does not help, because almost all hits on the IS-2 are penetration.

This right here shows you know nothing of armor, the is-2 or this game in general.

Go play axis and maybe, juuuuust maybe, you learn a thing or two.
4 Jan 2018, 09:28 AM

Waiting for all these "IS-2 is fine" players to post a video/replay of them using the IS-2 to the "Its as good as the King" and it not getting dunked on/missing all the time/Being a waste of time.

Until then the unit is way too trash with its high scatter, super insane low ROF, Pen and damage.

Show me otherwise.
4 Jan 2018, 11:25 AM

The King Tiger always wipes a sqiad or two squads

You are delusional.
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak