Login

russian armor

OKW is absolutely trash now, rebalance this asap!

PAGES (8)down
28 Dec 2017, 01:37 AM

I don't know who came up with those genius change. But OKW right now has the worst basic infantry, the most expensive tech, lowest Price/performance ratio tanks, and the most terrible artillery (ISG is pretty much a stone catapult, and it still got nerfed wtf!!). On the other hand, infantry section, guards and conscript are buffed, how is okw player supposes to win a infantry engagement while volks are significantly overpowered by rifleman and infantry sections. These infantry changes require OKW players to rely more on their light armors, and guess what, Panzer 2 and Stuka also got nerfed. Whoever made this balance pack may just as well add a "free win" bottom to Allied players screen whenever they meet a OKW
28 Dec 2017, 04:09 AM

+1 I support! The next patch will be: Doctrinal To the Кtiger, the anti-aircraft gunpowder will have to be improved for resources! And many more such plush))))))) I apologize for my English)))
28 Dec 2017, 05:53 AM

Yea, it's really bad right now.

I can stand the tank costs, arty issues, etc, but the mainline infantry imbalance is insane right now.
Vaz
28 Dec 2017, 06:16 AM

I disagree, especially on the basis of not much data or proof present here. This broad bitching doesn't work for agreeing on the balance of a game ruled by numbers. Be specific, even if you are right, it looks stupid that you're just in here complaining broadly. I've been playing a lot of USA and Volks have been kicking my ass, even with me having a cover advantage, a lot of times losing squads on retreat. So where is this significant advantage? I'm not seeing it. Explain with numbers, please.
28 Dec 2017, 07:14 AM

OKW TLDR: We feel unit OKW unit x is a bit underpowered. Here is a small buff. Oh but while we are at it have some nerfs to vet as well.
28 Dec 2017, 10:09 AM

Who opened the salt mines?
28 Dec 2017, 10:22 AM

Inb4 modders show up to claim you had a couple of months to test and provide feedback. Inb4 having to tell them again that we did but they simply ignored it.
28 Dec 2017, 10:28 AM

One thing that OKW deserves is a reliable healing. Paying 400 manpower and 50 fuel just to get healing going if you chose to go Mechanised is insane.

It is pretty much will I get my panzer 4 310 fuel after I have got Luchs or will I be without healing and spend all my munition for healing crates just to get a medium tank in so-so reliable time - 260 fuel after Luchs.

On the other hand soviets will get their first t34 170-180 fuel after their t70, Americans get their Sherman 230 fuel after the Stuart and UKF gets Cromwell ~230 fuel after AC.

This is sheer nonsense IMO. All allied factions can get both light and medium tank at a reasonable time, but OKW has to sacrifice healing, yet get their medium tank a bit later than allies do.

SOLUTION: Allow OKW to pick medics/repairing pioneers to be upgraded regardeless of the truck, so you can get medics if you go either Battlegruppe or Mechanised (but with Mechanised you will lose the luxury to have medics and ratreat point in one building in the lategame, because you will have to pick engineers in battlegruppe)

PS: I dont want to start a fanboy war and as you know me I am anything but a fanboy towards one faction, I like to play all of them and want to enjoy playing all of them. With OKW I do not have any problems and I think that their army is balanced compared to allied armies and they are surely not left behind when it comes to their raw DPS. They are,however, falling behind when it comes to chosing basic tools like reliable healing or proper AT gun.
28 Dec 2017, 12:11 PM

agree with hector plus its just you have allied infantry that over perform in team games when they go dual bars or brens.

OKW needs to have their healing improved and USF riflemen and UFK IS needs to stop being able to equip dual upgrades
28 Dec 2017, 13:43 PM

This is sheer nonsense IMO. All allied factions can get both light and medium tank at a reasonable time, but OKW has to sacrifice healing, yet get their medium tank a bit later than allies do.

SOLUTION: Allow OKW to pick medics/repairing pioneers to be upgraded regardeless of the truck, so you can get medics if you go either Battlegruppe or Mechanised (but with Mechanised you will lose the luxury to have medics and ratreat point in one building in the lategame, because you will have to pick engineers in battlegruppe)

PS: I dont want to start a fanboy war and as you know me I am anything but a fanboy towards one faction, I like to play all of them and want to enjoy playing all of them. With OKW I do not have any problems and I think that their army is balanced compared to allied armies and they are surely not left behind when it comes to their raw DPS. They are,however, falling behind when it comes to chosing basic tools like reliable healing or proper AT gun.

That's a flaw in WFA army design. I have the feeling forcing T1 and T2 to be deployed for USF and OKW before being able to get T3 would solve many problems with the according fuel and MP price adjustment for all of their units.

What you are proposing would probably brings back OKW into OP state, having all tools and upgrades available with 1 building.
Phy
28 Dec 2017, 15:47 PM

Whoever says OKW is balanced in 2s hasnt played more than 2 games or none of them. Never seen a faction so dumped and crap in a while.

I'm ok with the changes made in DBP but who the nerfs to walking stuka, luchs without fixing mg34/healing/volks just let them dead. How in hell can you face riflebars, consppshs or isbrens with volks stgs...

Seriously this was told since first iteration of DBP and heard none. Now enjoy.
28 Dec 2017, 15:58 PM

Another solution that occurred to to me during DBP's testing cycle is to change the order of upgrades on the trucks.

Currently you build the truck for its units then upgrade it for its utility ability. What if you did it the other way around?

Make the following changes to the Mechanized and Battlegroup HQs:
  • Both trucks cost the price of the medic/repair upgrade to build (150 MP, 15 FU).
  • Both trucks start with all their units locked.
  • The medic/repair upgrade is replaced with an Activate HQ upgrade which unlocks their units and costs the original price of the truck (200/25 and 200/50 iirc).
  • The Activate HQ upgrade is used in place of building the truck for the purpose of all prerequisites (build Schwerer Panzer Headquarters, call in King Tiger)

If you just want a Battlegroup HQ that can't build units it only costs 200/30 now (100/15 for the truck and 100/15 to build it). If you want to close the cap further you could move the entirety of the fuel cost to the Activate HQ upgrade, meaning you're only paying the 15 fuel for the SWS truck if you just want medics/repair pioneers.
28 Dec 2017, 18:05 PM

i see 2 steaming Video Miragefla
OKW win only 3 match in 8 hour play
I think OKW need change gameplay way combine arms with support weapon ?

not volk blob anymore

I hope give back volk with shreck it not first option for fix this problem
28 Dec 2017, 18:11 PM

I always thought that if the okw hq could upgrade EITHER medics OR repair pios for the same costs of the truck upgrades, it would allow for some needed flexibility.

Lock access to either until 1 truck is set up, or allow medics from start but require a truck for repair pios.

Locking each to requiring their respective truck undermines the idea by giving redundent/excessive access without inceasing tech flexibility.
28 Dec 2017, 18:18 PM

I would say wait. OKW is a hard faction to balance without making it rofl easy stomp win.

The way it was pre-patch:

Going against USF?---> 5 min luchs
Had a bit of a bad early game:?---> call in panther
Need a way to close the late game efficiently?---> non doc best heavy tank in the game.
Those pesky recon runs or strafing runs hurting your chances of winning?---> free anti-air
A bit rusty at micro and accidentally forgot to move your atg when infantry is rushing it?--->don't worry for some reason it can reteart and still have better anti-tank performance than the ZIS while being tech free (better reload/same pen)?!?

here is a deal breaker for some of you guys. a 250 mp unit + 90 mu shouldn't be able to beat a 280 mp riflemen + 150mp/25fu + 120 mu riflemen squad 1v1.

At the same time i wouldn't put it past the balance team to overnerfed the units. This post right now seems like a kneejerk reaction.
28 Dec 2017, 18:30 PM

Don't worry, they still have the most reliable AT gun and best at Unit (jagdtiger)

oh wait...
28 Dec 2017, 18:46 PM

Don't worry, they still have the most reliable AT gun and best at Unit (jagdtiger)

oh wait...

You know that the rackten doesn't hit any ground obstacles right? (goes right through) and they both have (bear with me here) THE EXACT SAME ACC.
28 Dec 2017, 18:48 PM

You know that the rackten doesn't hit any ground obstacles right? (goes right through)
it's till the worse at gun after the m42
28 Dec 2017, 18:53 PM

You know that the rackten doesn't hit any ground obstacles right? (goes right through) and they both have (bear with me here) THE EXACT SAME ACC.

What are you saying has the same accuracy?
28 Dec 2017, 18:56 PM

it's till the worse at gun after the m42

The rackten has the same stats as the pak 40 (except for arc). I dont think anyone here would say that the pak 40 is the worst ATG...

True fact infact the Zis is probably the worst ATG (the worst reload/same pen and arc)

PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS