Login

russian armor

OKW self-healing at vet4

26 Dec 2017, 17:30 PM

I observed in one of my games that atleast one of my Volksgrenadier had self-healing at vet 4. Didnt pay attention to that on my other squads or other games, might be happened as well.
Replay is available if its necessary to spot the bug.
26 Dec 2017, 19:07 PM

It's not a bug it's a feature.

Some OKW squads receive self-healing with vet (Volks, Falls, Obers, maybe JLI and Pfussi) because their healing is very inefficient to begin with if you chose to go Mechanised tier.

Before patch Volks received self-healing at vet 3 now they receive it at vet 4.

It's a deliberate feature, not a bug.

All Info about OKW squads Veterancy and their healing can be found here (might be a bit outdated but still all squads which have self-healing there have it also in game, maybe only in a different vet ceiling)

https://www.coh2.org/guides/29892/the-company-of-heroes-2-veterancy-guide

I think we can lock this thread if you do not have any other questions
26 Dec 2017, 19:18 PM

Its a bug which is considered a feature. The unit description says the self-healing is a vet5 ability also the changelog from the dbp says so.
The veterancy guide need to be updated btw.
26 Dec 2017, 19:22 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

Its a bug which is considered a feature. The unit description says the self-healing is a vet5 ability also the changelog from the dbp says so.

We have holydays so wait :P

--> read patchnotes
26 Dec 2017, 19:38 PM

Unfortunately this is the perpetual state COH2 is in these days. The only way to make sense of what's actually accurate is by parsing through pages of changelogs, patch notes, and digging through game files. And even those can be deceptive.

Like sturmpanther said, all you can do is wait and see if some one in a position to do something about it gets around to it.

26 Dec 2017, 20:10 PM

Vets are supposed to get sight at vet4 and heal at vet5. If they get healing anytime earlier than vet5, that's a bug; not a feature.
26 Dec 2017, 20:24 PM

Unfortunately this is the perpetual state COH2 is in these days. The only way to make sense of what's actually accurate is by parsing through pages of changelogs, patch notes, and digging through game files. And even those can be deceptive.

Like sturmpanther said, all you can do is wait and see if some one in a position to do something about it gets around to it.

That's probably attributable to the lack of a comprehensive resource for all unit stats, penetration values, dps stats, etc. Once a patch drops those tools are suddenly outdated until the site/tool owner gets to work on updating them.

I think Smith and mirage are pretty receptive to bug reports. They're still looking for reproduction procedures for a few of the more persistent ones like garrison dancing if you're willing to be a bit more useful.
26 Dec 2017, 21:06 PM

Min 19 mid VP / Min 20 right fuel and at the base several times volks heal themselves at vet4
26 Dec 2017, 21:19 PM

Vets are supposed to get sight at vet4 and heal at vet5. If they get healing anytime earlier than vet5, that's a bug; not a feature.

Please leave it at vet 4. Rather make them less combat efficient at vet 4 and more at vet 5 but OKW need at least so-so healing so they are not forced to spent 400 manpower and 50 fuel backteching to medics the moment they go mechanised build.

Every other faction can go light vehicle and has affordable medics and weapon upgrades. Having to pay 10 munnition for each heal or paying 400 manpower and 50 fuel for healing which other factions get for 250 manpower (and 10 fuel) is for me nonsence.

Sorry, but I have never understood the logic behind it, why OKW cannot a ligh vehicle (which is no longer ap problem right now, because it comes when its counterparts) and healing.

If there is some good reason behind it, then tell me please
27 Dec 2017, 05:42 AM

Please leave it at vet 4. Rather make them less combat efficient at vet 4 and more at vet 5 but OKW need at least so-so healing so they are not forced to spent 400 manpower and 50 fuel backteching to medics the moment they go mechanised build.

Every other faction can go light vehicle and has affordable medics and weapon upgrades. Having to pay 10 munnition for each heal or paying 400 manpower and 50 fuel for healing which other factions get for 250 manpower (and 10 fuel) is for me nonsence.

Sorry, but I have never understood the logic behind it, why OKW cannot a ligh vehicle (which is no longer ap problem right now, because it comes when its counterparts) and healing.

but there is not other way he could justify further nerfs to volks..?? kappa
27 Dec 2017, 08:30 AM

That was the main reason healing was tier locked...healing was perfect at vet 3...
But you know "balance"...
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS