Login

russian armor

[DBP] Mechanized Doctrine feedback thread

8 Dec 2017, 23:32 PM

Dont really see the need for the assault engineers to come inside the vehicle, if one forgets this is the case then it's manpower wasted and not to mention that it's weird that all vehicles come with crews and then there is this special halftrack that for some reason comes with assault engineers, keep things consistent guys.
Another thing is that this is the perfect commander for the combined arms ability. One of the reasons no one uses this ability is because it's very hard for your infantry to keep up with your tank assault while the ability is active. Being this commander all about light vehicles, vehicles which can carry infantry right behind armored assaults making using combined arms much more viable.
As much as I like the wc51 truck I dont know if some sort of anti tank airsupport would be better in keeping this commander a viable choice...

This is how I would suggest this commander should look like:
-Raid Tactics
-M21 Mortar Half-Track
-M3 Half-Track
-Combined Arms (feels a bit expensive for what it does, maybe adjust the price and leave the ability as it is)
-P47 Rocket Run
9 Dec 2017, 01:11 AM
Patrion 26

I’m guessing asking for the 76 to be replaced by the ez8 is pointless considering it will give people much less reason to choose Rifle doctrine if Mechinized also had the Ez8

It would be fantastic if they made the upgraded 76mm standard to the USF, and swapped it for the EZ8.
Especially as it would make the USF more like the original US army in COH1.
9 Dec 2017, 02:37 AM

Dont really see the need for the assault engineers to come inside the vehicle, if one forgets this is the case then it's manpower wasted and not to mention that it's weird that all vehicles come with crews and then there is this special halftrack that for some reason comes with assault engineers, keep things consistent guys.
Another thing is that this is the perfect commander for the combined arms ability. One of the reasons no one uses this ability is because it's very hard for your infantry to keep up with your tank assault while the ability is active. Being this commander all about light vehicles, vehicles which can carry infantry right behind armored assaults making using combined arms much more viable.
As much as I like the wc51 truck I dont know if some sort of anti tank airsupport would be better in keeping this commander a viable choice...

This is how I would suggest this commander should look like:
-Raid Tactics
-M21 Mortar Half-Track
-M3 Half-Track
-Combined Arms (feels a bit expensive for what it does, maybe adjust the price and leave the ability as it is)
-P47 Rocket Run

P47s on a Mechanized Doctrine?
9 Dec 2017, 11:35 AM

P47s on a Mechanized Doctrine?

Yes, some air support late game. I would rather see some sort of air support than a 76mm sherman or other tank reason being that with this commander there is the potential of saving quite a bit of manpower and thus making fuel cache and going for more than one sherman. This plus combined arms would be a strong combo imo.
9 Dec 2017, 16:02 PM

M21 mortar halftrack replaced by what is needed for a mechanized company:thumb:
9 Dec 2017, 16:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Dec 2017, 16:02 PMxE0n

That repair ability would be awesome to have in the halftrack, only if usf crews couldn't get of the vehicles and repair... That's another example of an pointless game mechanic that doesnt bring anything good to the table.
9 Dec 2017, 17:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Dec 2017, 16:02 PMxE0n

And the terrible M3 "Assault Group" (It's not really anymore) call-in can be replaced by Cavalry Rifles call in at no fuel cost.

It'd be perfect...
13 Dec 2017, 18:03 PM

Maybe replace assault engineers in the M3 with cavalry riflemen there already models for it in AA campaign. That could be interesting and give them some kind of ability that rifles don't have, Maybe optional thompson upgrades. So that they can just be another Rifle squad if you want or a close quarters squad if the map calls for it. Or maybe a on the field zook upgrade like captain would be use full too.
14 Dec 2017, 01:30 AM

^
Some players already suggest this idea (its good idea for give another unique call-in infantry) but cant do that cuz LELIC scope ?
14 Dec 2017, 02:27 AM

They might have to tone down the Cavalry Riflemen's Thompsons if they do that. Pretty sure those use the Airborne version, which is one of the strongest SMG's in the game with the longest effective range, and there's 5 of them. Even upgraded Airborne don't get 5 of them!
14 Dec 2017, 03:10 AM

I would be perfectly okay with toned down Thompson's, could probably use Officer one, which has the same near accuracy as Para Thompson's, but garbage at mid and far range. (nvm they have their own version)

Captain Thompson (.115/.173/.575)
Paratrooper Thompson (.2/.43/.575)
Cavalry Thompson (.1/.15/.5)

If you wanted ranged capability on your Cavalry, you'd need to give them BARs or other stolen LMGs.

Would the vehicle only AT Satchel be OP? Maybe, maybe not. That one might need some reworking, maybe make it a vet ability like the AT Rifle Grenade.

Their smoke grenade probably wouldn't make it into live, as they'd be way too OP with it, and this DBP shows people don't want more completely self sufficient Rifles.

But all that aside, I guess we're stuck with Assault Engineer call in Mark.II (+fuel cost!) for now...

Edit: Ah, it turns out they do have their own version actually! added to above.
14 Dec 2017, 16:47 PM

^
Some players already suggest this idea (its good idea for give another unique call-in infantry) but cant do that cuz LELIC scope ?

The thing is that USF already has a ton of doctrinal infantry that either have no soul (Rangers) or are useless (live-version Assault Engineers). So, why not fix what we already have?

Plus, the M3 bundle needs to be cheap, otherwise nobody is ever going to bother with it over the Ambulance. Without the M3, mechanized will have no soul either.
14 Dec 2017, 17:33 PM

The thing is that USF already has a ton of doctrinal infantry that either have no soul (Rangers) or are useless (live-version Assault Engineers). So, why not fix what we already have?

Plus, the M3 bundle needs to be cheap, otherwise nobody is ever going to bother with it over the Ambulance. Without the M3, mechanized will have no soul either.

I have a suggestion for rangers. Why not make them like they are in ardennes assault? Come with thompson's and can upgrade two bazooka's that they can "put away" whenever they need them. This way rangers would be an expensive unit to breakthrough enemy lines and truly "lead the way". Note that the reinforcement cost of rangers should be quite high to prevent unit spam.
14 Dec 2017, 17:49 PM

useless (live-version Assault Engineers).

I have never found flamethrowers, demos, or minelaying to be useless.

At all.

They're only useless when you don't have access to them.

Or I guess if you have to spent fuel to get them after x cps.
14 Dec 2017, 17:52 PM

I have never found flamethrowers, demos, or minelaying to be useless.

At all.

They're only useless when you don't have access to them.

Or I guess if you have to spent fuel to get them after x cps.

They are kinda useless in the sense of raw combat.
14 Dec 2017, 18:11 PM

They are kinda useless in the sense of raw combat.

I would argue that is a very big "kinda".

Flamethrowers are an invaluable tool in raw combat.

But yeah Ill agree that assault engineers without flamethrowers fighting on the frontlines certainly maximizes their potential uselessness.
14 Dec 2017, 21:37 PM

I have a suggestion for rangers. Why not make them like they are in ardennes assault? Come with thompson's and can upgrade two bazooka's that they can "put away" whenever they need them. This way rangers would be an expensive unit to breakthrough enemy lines and truly "lead the way". Note that the reinforcement cost of rangers should be quite high to prevent unit spam.

yeah i always thought about that too... idk half the time i dont call rangers thought because they already are so expensive and the problem is with USF is the mortar is situational for smoke so you almost got no choice but a 3 rifle opening plus the liuet or captain and then you call rangers it just cost too much mp and to much infantry to keep up with, i normally only call rangers if i have some rifle wipes. the 1cp rcon pathfinders looks really interesting to change usf start up!
15 Dec 2017, 06:35 AM
Donator 22

The old mechanized doc was my most played USF doc, because it had 2 really good abilities. Ability to sell vehicles u don't no longer need and good offmap arty. Now with revamp both of thease go. The ability to sell vehicles was unique to that commander, and allowed for interesting strats no other USF commander can do. There are very few abilities in coh2, that allow u to change economy and after the patch there seems to be even fewer. I allways liked thease abilities and I'm salty to see them go.

Honestly I think people only complained about mechanized because they lack creativity to make use of its unique ability, or they are bad and can't win without pershing.

PS. reconrun was nice too :foreveralone:
15 Dec 2017, 11:39 AM

I'd just drop the Assault Engineers entirely.

Mechanized already has a strong anti-garrison tool in the same window with the Mortar halftrack. It doesn't need them. The commander already has a lot of stuff in it relative to other commanders: it won't hurt it to not have the Assault Engineers.
15 Dec 2017, 13:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Dec 2017, 11:39 AMLago
I'd just drop the Assault Engineers entirely.

Mechanized already has a strong anti-garrison tool in the same window with the Mortar halftrack. It doesn't need them. The commander already has a lot of stuff in it relative to other commanders: it won't hurt it to not have the Assault Engineers.

With a regular crew and no assault engineers, the M3 halftrack would probably cost around 250MP/30FU. With the assault engineer crew, the halftrack costs 290MP/30FU. That's not such a dramatic difference in price.

If you don't want to use the Assault Engineers, don't swap the crew out. The bundle only makes you pay 40MP extra. if you want to use the Assault Engineers, just put the Major/Medics/your WC51 vehicle crew/RE as the crew, and now you get both an M3 and Assault Engineers.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★