Login

russian armor

Is OKW the Final Boss In This Game?

9 Nov 2017, 23:32 PM

First we need to get rid of "get out of jail free cards" in order to balance OKW.

OKW faction should behave like any other faction. If you make a mistake early on or f*uck it up, you should be punished. Period.

Thats how all GOOD Strategy games work. From Chess, through Starcraft, Aoe's to Civ and HoMnM series.

Having a Mr.Click Me that allows you to bypass any extended early game play or grevious mistakes is a fail on a game design Basis.

Yes, I've been talking about doctrines like Special Ops, Scavenger or Elite Armor.

Commanders should extend your capabilities and allow you to amend your playstyle. They should not save your a**. Period

It doesn't help that it's perfectly feasible to win as okw without even picking a doctrine ever.
10 Nov 2017, 00:43 AM

Why I go Airborne almost every game against OKW as USF needs a HMG to hold down territory and reduce the bleed USF suffers as I can't go LT because the danger Luchs presents is so significant that it can't be ignored. Marked Raptor also made a excellent statement of how Luchs is almost single handily dictating the meta in one v ones.

Thanks! Your post was informative as well. It makes sense for the airborne strat used in that way, since it allows skipping the LT tech, I should try it sometime.

ohhh booo hooo OKW is the only faction that can stand against my glorious allied factions so lets just nerf it like we do to ostheer so we can roftstomp them too

But I like Ostheer...Ostheer just suffers from the fact it has an actual trade off of weak early game but good mid, strong late game. (Which it can be argued they are not rewarded enough for their trade off). I'm all for a fix to some of Ostheer's issues, but just because they are underperforming does not mean OKW should be insane.
10 Nov 2017, 00:49 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

Jae you were the OKW he fought 3 times in a row that used the luches rush to destroy him. You even made that joke thread about how he BARELY held on until he got a pershing out and won a game.

I also recall this happening near the start of his stream not the end when he said he wanted to reach rank 1 USF.

Who is dave again? I only know of a few people so you'll have to excuse me.

Von played against other people too though, not just me.

He didnt win the pershing match, he lost it. Also, thats not the match that i posted in my (joke) thread.

The match that I did post was a different one; one that I didnt even use the luchs in (too bad i lost that one because #USFOP).

And yes, my okw matches against him were near the start when (as far as im aware) he had only been playing for a couple of hours.

Dave is just Dave. Never participated (and never had the chance to) in any tournaments. He posted a bit on coh2.org when he played, other than that was just the important part which was #1 usf. He wasnt some popular pro or community figure (as far as im aware), he was just the #1 usf player during probably the most competitive time that I played (around GCS time when GCS players were laddering)
10 Nov 2017, 00:53 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

quote not relevant

I have managed to summon The USF Lord Dave! :hyper:
10 Nov 2017, 02:16 AM

Thanks! Your post was informative as well. It makes sense for the airborne strat used in that way, since it allows skipping the LT tech, I should try it sometime.

But I like Ostheer...Ostheer just suffers from the fact it has an actual trade off of weak early game but good mid, strong late game. (Which it can be argued they are not rewarded enough for their trade off). I'm all for a fix to some of Ostheer's issues, but just because they are underperforming does not mean OKW should be insane.

Another factor I use Airborne is for Paratroopers to further add AI to my army since going CPT I give him bazooka's and his On Me Ability! is very beneficial to Paratroopers of either variants.

Also the posts by you on USF changes from the patch I do agree wholeheartedly

10 Nov 2017, 05:16 AM

Another factor I use Airborne is for Paratroopers to further add AI to my army since going CPT I give him bazooka's and his On Me Ability! is very beneficial to Paratroopers of either variants.

Also the posts by you on USF changes from the patch I do agree wholeheartedly

I've also always liked airborne and it still holds a special place in my heart but how do you deal with it being so manpower heavy? I used to use it at lower ranks where I could afford mistakes and didn't bleed as much (due to not being as properly aggressive).
10 Nov 2017, 17:53 PM

only thing i dont get it with okw is why are they given almost every tool in their army?

competitive powerful TD? jadgpanzer 4
solid scalable line infantry? volks, sturms, panzerfussies (doctrinal)
decent medium tanks? panzer 4 and panthers
non doc heavy tank? king tiger
non doc artillery? walking stuka
great light vehicle? luchs

tiers are extremely versatile and almost always provide a solution to all situations on the field.

i dont mean to scream imba or allies bad, i believe allies have their bullshit infantry too but man, an average okw player can easily give a decent, better than average a run for his money while putting much much lesser effort into his unit composition and micro of his units.

the last thing i really want to fight against is a KT covered by jagdpanzers. almost impossible to crack through with a force of only jacksons, su85s or fireflies.
10 Nov 2017, 18:16 PM

How about playing some games with OK first before you forum post around?

You have no single OKW game but dozens of allied games.

Believe me, seeing youself countered is the biggest cure against balance complaints
10 Nov 2017, 18:19 PM

Believe me, seeing youself countered is the biggest cure against balance complaints

I agree, but OKW is still complete bullshit lol. Vet 5 needs to go and volks need to be fixed accordingly. The luchs's timing needs to be adjusted and the raketten buffed accordingly. The mg34 has to do some damage and the late game potential of the OKW needs to towed down, especially their late vet 5 snowball capabilities. Pfussies are complete nonsense with their 6 pop cap lol.
10 Nov 2017, 18:26 PM

I play OKW in 3v3+ when my friends and I are dicking around. I usually play OKW when I want to carry my friends because a well abused OKW player can take on like 2 allied players in 3v3+.

Trust me, I hate playing them because they are so good it genuinely makes me feel bad.

Also Idk what you were talking about I never felt countered when I was OKW, I had an answer for everything that came my way. (Brits turtle? Isgs, Want to win early game super hard? Luches, Allied blob? MG's) ect. ect.
10 Nov 2017, 18:41 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Volks stgs and incendiary nades screwed the pooch with OKW pretty hard.

Both are results of addressing a problem in a vacuum (volks schrecks overperforming and OKWs inability to handle maxim garrisons respectively).

And then maxims got changed, and the handheld AT weapon xp issues were addressed later...

Spamming Volks with schrecks was still cancer. You still had a unit which could be easily be bullied if alone but in numbers was annoying to deal with. It was also done with the OKW rework IIRC. At this point, i can't remember when they moved P2 from T3 into T2.
10 Nov 2017, 18:46 PM

I've also always liked airborne and it still holds a special place in my heart but how do you deal with it being so manpower heavy? I used to use it at lower ranks where I could afford mistakes and didn't bleed as much (due to not being as properly aggressive).

I actually go the standard build of three Rifles into CPT mostly but the key is the airdropped .50cal and being more reserved with your infantry. Like instead of pushing them all the way to their base put your Rifles in heavy cover at strategic points. Use the .50cal to support your Rifles and move up to quickly dispatched suppressed squads. Don't do pushes where you know you'll bleed heavily and be sure to retreat wounded squads. The reason why I'm so adamant of the .50cal is because a Rifle squad can't trade efficiently around the early to mid game point against Volks with Stgs until you get upgrades. The .50cal tips that to the Rifles favor and allowing you still remain on the field but not suffer as much bleed.

If I do lose a Rifle squad I'll go for a Paratrooper squad and to save up 380 isn't that much of a issue mid to late game as depending on map control and VPs you can acquire that much MP. I mean Paratroopers LMGs will beat any squad aside from Obers and that's a toss up between them unless Obers have veterancy 4.
10 Nov 2017, 20:29 PM

I have to say that I'm a big fan of the OKW changes in 1.3 of the DBP - I think overall the balance team did a good job of nerfing the more cancerous aspects of OKW while buffing the things that needed buffed especially SturmPios, Raketen, Falls, and Obers.

PS. I'm so sad that Airborne didn't make the cut for the Commander Revamp - Recon and Mech were no-brainers but a buff to Pathfinders and P-47 would have been a huge boon to that commander (and buffed Jackson means you can get by with stock armor A LOT easier).
10 Nov 2017, 20:43 PM

I have to say that I'm a big fan of the OKW changes in 1.3 of the DBP - I think overall the balance team did a good job of nerfing the more cancerous aspects of OKW while buffing the things that needed buffed especially SturmPios, Raketen, Falls, and Obers.

PS. I'm so sad that Airborne didn't make the cut for the Commander Revamp - Recon and Mech were no-brainers but a buff to Pathfinders and P-47 would have been a huge boon to that commander (and buffed Jackson means you can get by with stock armor A LOT easier).

I'm still sad the Jackson was nerfed to 160 dmg per shot, hopefully they will fix HVAP to make up for it, then the unit would be better off than it was before.
10 Nov 2017, 20:55 PM

I'm still sad the Jackson was nerfed to 160 dmg per shot, hopefully they will fix HVAP to make up for it, then the unit would be better off than it was before.

Yeah, I mean I understand because Jackson buffs were getting to be a bit much but I don't think it's a huge deal since 160 vs. 200 damage doesn't mean much vs. medium tanks. I'll take that any day over USF getting rofl-stomped by heavy armor because their only TD gets destroyed by a stiff breeze.

I like to think that HVAP Shells (both M10 and Jackson) will get fixed - the balance team seems to be good about getting Relic to accept the QoL and bug fixes that plague certain units. That, and patch notes always seem to be incomplete. Like apparently how the anti-air damage standardization is supposedly included in the DBP but is nowhere in the notes.
10 Nov 2017, 21:29 PM

Permanently Banned
I see nobody dont touch here ST and JT, so i will be first :banana:.
10 Nov 2017, 21:31 PM

Yeah, I mean I understand because Jackson buffs were getting to be a bit much but I don't think it's a huge deal since 160 vs. 200 damage doesn't mean much vs. medium tanks. I'll take that any day over USF getting rofl-stomped by heavy armor because their only TD gets destroyed by a stiff breeze.

I like to think that HVAP Shells (both M10 and Jackson) will get fixed - the balance team seems to be good about getting Relic to accept the QoL and bug fixes that plague certain units. That, and patch notes always seem to be incomplete. Like apparently how the anti-air damage standardization is supposedly included in the DBP but is nowhere in the notes.

Here is hoping, else USF will still be largely gimped in the lategame, as their TD losses to tanks and their options are mostly geared towards killing mediums... Outside of the "needs a buff" P47s.
11 Nov 2017, 00:00 AM
Benefactor 115

OKW are bullshit and I've always wanted Relic to delete them from the game since WFA alpha.
11 Nov 2017, 12:11 PM

Like pottery, someone creates an okw whine thread and loads of ppl with 0 games played as either okw or wehr come in to spam instead of l2p
12 Nov 2017, 18:04 PM

They nerfed some of it, but most if it remains largely untouched. Which doesn't give me hopes for their state of balance int he next patch. Some of their changes to different factions are nice though.

I am sad airborne didn't make the cut either
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 2
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak