Login

russian armor

Map rotation

1 Nov 2017, 16:32 PM

Any chance they will remove winter/summer variants from the map pool?

*Looks at Kholodny Ferma and Semoisky*

I hate both of these maps and I have to waste 2 extra veetos on the same map (Winter adds nothing to Ferma other than deep snow) and have to run the risk of playing less desirable maps (Caen, Halbe and Westwall) instead.
1 Nov 2017, 16:37 PM
Donator 11

Kholodny Winter should have no deep snow in current version, at least not in usually played areas. Where did you find it? Also, kholodny is the agnoville of coh2. It is the first map that has been shown to public and it is pretty damn good. As for semoisky, winter version plays completely different from summer one, especially from south.
1 Nov 2017, 17:03 PM

I would look here for enlightenment: Kick Out 1v1 maps
I know in the Poll are Crossing in the woods, westwall, Road to Kharov, Semoski Winter and Kholodny Winter missing. There is a Reason.

So, Semoisky and Kholodny were left out of the voting pool. I do not know what the reason is but the December Balance Patch states some maps are being reworked. They could just be getting cleaned up and reintroduced.
1 Nov 2017, 19:56 PM
Senior Editor Badge

Kholodny Winter should have no deep snow in current version, at least not in usually played areas. Where did you find it?

There is. True, most of the deep snow has been removed, but there is still some left in particular around some of the houses (which is noticable when units go/retreat around corners). Also, I think there is some left between the house in the East and the wall towards the central VP.
1 Nov 2017, 20:19 PM
Master Mapmaker Badge

Every single map in the pool is being reworked to some context, whether or not relic fucks up the integration of these is something else entirely. This can be seen in several recent maps that were screwed up (multiple times), Halbe, Westwall, Pripyat Sector and more going back a few years.

Considering how they have handled the map contest so far (outright missing 1 feedback phase), I doubt we can look forward to very good things coming from them, if it even happens, without error. Not to say all the amazing people that have worked their asses off (for free) didn't try.
1 Nov 2017, 22:13 PM

Permanently Banned
Its good vanilla map, that have some problem like left VP in ferma, or north side with house liek Semoskie, but i prefer them, but not new maps.
Better give more veto.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS