Login

russian armor

December Balance Preview

• This thread is locked
PAGES (85)down
5 Dec 2017, 06:02 AM

been waiting in my funky armchair since 2015 now for coh3:foreveralone:
5 Dec 2017, 07:00 AM

Yesterday i play balance preview with friends 3vs3 and i think that flame barrage from leig is op as hell its definitly too cheap
Phy
5 Dec 2017, 07:05 AM

Conscripts for the first time in a long time are useful. Don't change their stats. I'd rather increase their cost/popcap/upkeep to prevent spamming if it ever comes necessary,
5 Dec 2017, 07:54 AM
Donator 11

Did anyone try the KV1? Worthwhile?
5 Dec 2017, 08:12 AM

Did anyone try the KV1? Worthwhile?

Absolutely kv1 is decent and rules over medium with his armor + call in.
5 Dec 2017, 13:19 PM

"Osttruppen
We find that the early game of the Osttruppen doctrine is generally too overbearing for most players, especially in light of the other changes to the doctrine. To reduce this early game pressure and scaling of Osttruppen squads with picked up weapons, we are implementing the following changes:
Max slots limited to 1
Cooldown between successive Osttruppen squads increased from 12 to 35"

I hate this change so much primarily due to the reasoning behind it.

Second, tripling the cooldown is rather harsh and honestly makes getting ostruppen pointless in my opinion, the whole point of the doctrine was to mass produce them, but they fall off very quickly once mainline infantry from the enemy team has come out.

Most of the time people struggle with ostruppen because they're caught by surprise by the doctrine being picked despite seeing it in the load out and forget how fast they can cap the map if you neglect them.
5 Dec 2017, 14:59 PM

"Osttruppen
We find that the early game of the Osttruppen doctrine is generally too overbearing for most players, especially in light of the other changes to the doctrine. To reduce this early game pressure and scaling of Osttruppen squads with picked up weapons, we are implementing the following changes:
Max slots limited to 1

Second, tripling the cooldown is rather harsh and honestly makes getting ostruppen pointless in my opinion, the whole point of the doctrine was to mass produce them, but they fall off very quickly once mainline infantry from the enemy team has come out.

Most of the time people struggle with ostruppen because they're caught by surprise by the doctrine being picked despite seeing it in the load out and forget how fast they can cap the map if you neglect them.

See that's what I thought at first, but I have a feeling it's going to make Ostruppen in 1v1 a little less cancerous and force people going for it to adapt their play some more. E.g. they can't just keep clicking the call in button, if they've got manpower to spend and no unit to call in it might encourage them to diversify their starts as well as slow down the initial (quite intense) pressure Ostruppen exert. Maybe we'll see them more used in pairs perhaps alongside Grens or other team weapons.

I think it could be interesting. What I don't like is the slot limitation, especially given the changes to dropped weapons for Ostruppen there's really no need to punish them so hard.
5 Dec 2017, 15:05 PM

Player interactions are typically the first casualty of a balance discussion.

You can't quantify tricking an opponent on the spreadsheet, so you may as well discount that such a thing is even possible.
5 Dec 2017, 16:35 PM

"Osttruppen
Max slots limited to 1

Ostruppen doctrine was already extremely strong in the early game. Thus, for every early-game affecting buff, there needs to be something else removed.

From the patch, the ostruppen doctrine has received the following (in order of importance):
- The ability to skip T1 and rush T2 vehicles directly without giving up faust
- Green cover and wire to all troops
- LMG42 upgrade for Ostruppen to catch up in the lategame
- A usable artillery officer

The recharge time "nerf" in fact has no effect on real build orders, due to the ability to meld the initial MG in the build order. Therefore, we'll probably revert the recharge time nerf and will have to retort with an initial delay nerf.

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Dec 2017, 14:59 PMSwift

I think it could be interesting. What I don't like is the slot limitation, especially given the changes to dropped weapons for Ostruppen there's really no need to punish them so hard.

Ostruppen now already get a guaranteed slot item (LMG42 upgrade); previously they had none. Since we don't have the time to evaluate all possible interactions with picked up slot items, it seemed fair to restrict Ostruppen in that regard.

The guy before you asked about DBP-version KV-1 and your reply is about live-version KV-1?
5 Dec 2017, 16:59 PM

Ostruppen now already get a guaranteed slot item (LMG42 upgrade); previously they had none. Since we don't have the time to evaluate all possible interactions with picked up slot items, it seemed fair to restrict Ostruppen in that regard.

So you mean the lmg is not affected by picked up weapons? They can still equip it even with a scavenged slot item?

If so, then that's fine.
5 Dec 2017, 17:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Dec 2017, 16:59 PMSwift

So you mean the lmg is not affected by picked up weapons? They can still equip it even with a scavenged slot item?

If so, then that's fine.

No you can't. That would be too much for the squad's cost.
5 Dec 2017, 18:45 PM

If you are going to nerf the mortar pit this heavily, can you give brits some other access to smoke instead? I'm fine with the nerfs, but the mortar pit fills a pretty crucial role in the british army, and there aren't many alternatives to it. My first idea would be to add it to IS pyrotechnics supplies (squad throws marker, base howi drops a smoke shell), but I don't care too much about how the smoke is added.
5 Dec 2017, 18:55 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

If this patch is centered around teamgames why is there no T34/85 and easy 8 nerfs? Those units stats are way to good for their price. Same for IL-2 straffes. Certain IL-2 loiters can delete squads.
5 Dec 2017, 19:58 PM
5 Dec 2017, 20:04 PM
Donator 11

If this patch is centered around teamgames why is there no T34/85 and easy 8 nerfs? Those units stats are way to good for their price. Same for IL-2 straffes. Certain IL-2 loiters can delete squads.

I thought the easy 8 had a nerf to moving scatter?
5 Dec 2017, 20:09 PM

T34-85 isn't really that great to be honest. It has mediocre armor and lower health, which means that by the time it hits the field, it will face multiple stugs, jp4s or Panthers. The Easy 8 is indeed too good. But I believe it has received moving scatter nerfs. Also tied to tech now I believe.

I believe m10s are more of a problem, since they are a no brainer low fuel 8cp call in that requires no thought or teching. Too spammable.
5 Dec 2017, 20:29 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

T34-85 isn't really that great to be honest. It has mediocre armor and lower health, which means that by the time it hits the field, it will face multiple stugs, jp4s or Panthers. The Easy 8 is indeed too good. But I believe it has received moving scatter nerfs. Also tied to tech now I believe.

I believe m10s are more of a problem, since they are a no brainer low fuel 8cp call in that requires no thought or teching. Too spammable.

T34/85s have 800HP, which is equal to a panther in terms of HP. It outclasses any p4 variant simply because of that HP, also being cheaper than the OKW p4. Yes the OKW p4 has better armor, the 85 also has better pen, ontop of the better AI from the coaxial and hull mgs.
5 Dec 2017, 20:32 PM

Locked in t4 now tho
5 Dec 2017, 20:36 PM

Locked in t4 now tho

Wow, and I just thought that counter-attack cannot be even more useless :foreveralone:
5 Dec 2017, 21:36 PM

Volksgrenadier Flame Grenades are available from the get go in 1.7. No truck call-in needed.
PAGES (85)down
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS