Login

russian armor

December Balance Preview

• This thread is locked
PAGES (85)down
10 Nov 2017, 02:34 AM

Jackson price should probably be reverted with the damage reduction. I would argue it'd need even more penetration though in this case. That and/or an improved rate of fire, at the very least through vet. A better turret rotation speed might help improve its reliability too. (Though IMO that goes for virtually all non-heavy turreted tanks.)

Vet 0 mortar flares for soviets is a rather nice change. Sight > *

RIP grenade merge. The costs should've been merged in some capacity. 35 or 40 fuel would've been good. Attempts should always be made to make room for more/better global upgrades. :P

ZiS barrage at 35s may be a bit low for the amount of barrage it makes. It might be good to shave a shell or two off its barrage in this case. (The last couple shells usually are blasting empty earth anyway. In my experiences the first shell's accuracy is 80% of the ability's value.)

Ostheer pop cap reductions are all smart choices.

Interesting StuG choices. The 15 second weapon disable was rather ridiculous.

I'll be interested to see how the Ostwind works. It's medium and long range AoEs appear to have increased. Cost reduction is good, and increase in range is powerful too.

Panther changes... Whatevs at this point... :sealed:

I don't see too much reason to use timers for the AA mode for the Schwerer. Making it a toggle alone would be a great change. A delay of a few seconds switching between modes would actually be an interesting dynamic for players to try to time.

Luch changes may be for the best so long as they're not wildly failing to kill pickup trucks. :P

Oh the Sturmtiger. A troll vehicle probably deserves the hate it gets. :D

Sturmpio changes are probably necessary given their repair nerf. Big RA loss though.

Great changes for Panzerfusiliers, Obersoldaten, and Fallschirmjager.

Phasing raketenwerfer shots are an interesting decision. Slowing their vetted cloaking move speed is a good change.

As always, pitching a near perfect game in the bug fix and QoL game.
10 Nov 2017, 03:00 AM

1.3V USF changes:

RE volley fire

Good to RE volley fire toned down as it was a bit much suppressing anything and everything that was flanking.

Captain On Me

Honestly don't know how I feel of this change. One hand I used it for it's combat bonuses and sprint more then breaking suppression but on the other it won't decrease blobbing at all as the whole point for most player who use is to break suppression to allow their blob to remain effective. Honestly I'd support a change for it be applied to one unit like say a Ranger or Rifle squad to quickly move up on a flank and shred supporting weapons. That way On Me doesn't support blobs anymore while remaining a unique and useful ability. Could add a munitions cost to it too.

Jackson

Why these changes? With the nerf to damage it'll take another shot to destroy heavier enemy tanks which the whole purpose of the Jackson is to counter heavy axis armor. How does having a extra 6% pen (at long range where a Jackson should be unless supported and against a Panther the most common "heavy" axis armor) compensate the lowered amount of damage as now a extra shot is needed to take out a Panther unless you get to veterancy one at which you have to deal with the long aim time. It's taking another key strength of the Jackson away as that 200 damage lets that AT grenade or bazooka shell knock off that last little piece of HP which I can attest to that can be the difference between a tank limping away or turning into a hunk of scrap.
10 Nov 2017, 04:13 AM

V1.3
All combat bonuses from Vet 4 and Vet 5 (+15% accuracy bonus & -20% weapon cooldown)

Did you forget to say removed at the end of this? I hope that's not the case because without those, what exactly is the point of having 5 vet levels if they are going to be only equal to other infantry's 3 levels.
10 Nov 2017, 04:41 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

I am VERY much against the 1.3 sturmpioneer changes. If those changes go through as they are, I'm going a sturmpioneer into kubel start, and the enemy isnt going to get their cutoff. On some maps, it might honestly be a free win. The 12 second difference in construction time is massive and probably the only reason why we dont see actual double sturm starts.

Ill see if i can get some matches on the mod to illustrate my point (or prove myself wrong)
10 Nov 2017, 05:22 AM

The demo charge change is fine but together with flare change all it does it decrease cost of demo to 75 munition.

Just put a tripwire fare on top of the demo and it will autoblow demo the second somebody steps on it. Basically you just decreased demo cost to 75 munny.

One can do the same with demo and mine, for same effect and 95 money cost.

Perfect change 10/10 would never place demo again :loco:
10 Nov 2017, 05:23 AM
Developer Relic Badge

The demo charge change is fine but together with flare change all it does it decrease cost of demo to 75 munition.

We've already predicted that. Trying to blow up demos passively still sets off the timer.

Primarily, you are going to use your demos vs structures, since they are now affordable. You could also try to score a cheeky wipe on the retreat path.

On the M36, those changes, in my opinion, might not stick. We're currently trying to figure out how to make the M36 retain at least a health pool large enough to take 4 shots to kill, while also seeing how we can make its damage work so it doesn't demolish anything not sitting on a 640 health pool, which means 3 shotting StuG Gs, 2 shooting any lights, and 4 shotting Panthers, yet still remain anti-heavy. I would have suggested target tables, but we're avoiding it for the sake of a possible mess. We have to remember that the M36 is still the most mobile TD and has an actual turret that works.

There have been ideas to simply boost its ROF and I've also leaned towards allowing it to deal deflection due to the lower direct output.
10 Nov 2017, 06:05 AM

we wanted to improve obersoldaten and p4,and sturmtiger
so we are nerfing them more and providing useless stuff
great
10 Nov 2017, 06:11 AM

Many thanks, the patch is getting better and better every update. 1.3 is the best part so far imo.

Good luck in publishing it, community needs the patch more than anything else ;)
10 Nov 2017, 07:24 AM

wtf...
iam the only one how has all the time the wtf moments when new versions released?

in a rather good or bad way? (can´t read the meme)
10 Nov 2017, 07:40 AM

in a rather good or bad way? (can´t read the meme)

its sounds like a allie bias patch which want to bring down all axis abilitys...

- nerf volks
- nerf t4 fight abilitys
- nerf ST like hell...wtf no shot over shot blocker, nerf range...but has no turrent and can´t reload on the move...what is wrong with this peoples??

unbelievable..
10 Nov 2017, 08:26 AM

For the Sturmtiger and demo changes alone, I would have your babies. So long overdue.
10 Nov 2017, 08:30 AM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

1. I'm confused because G43 really is called "Jaeger Light Infantry" and there is no command that is called that. What is the commandant of the Werhmacht revamp? Jaeger Inf Doctrine or Lightning War Doctrine?

2. I guess it's the walking stuka
Stuka
We are adjusting the performance of the Stuka to prevent it from destroying team weapons and buildings in a single attack while making it more vulnerable to flanks and assaulting tanks.

Damage vs team weapons reduced by ~50% (affects the weapon, not the squad)
Damage vs Garrison buildings reduced by 50% (affects the building, not garrisoned squads)
HP reduced from 320 to 160

edit: fixed image

10 Nov 2017, 09:10 AM

I am VERY much against the 1.3 sturmpioneer changes. If those changes go through as they are, I'm going a sturmpioneer into kubel start, and the enemy isnt going to get their cutoff. On some maps, it might honestly be a free win. The 12 second difference in construction time is massive and probably the only reason why we dont see actual double sturm starts.

Ill see if i can get some matches on the mod to illustrate my point (or prove myself wrong)

The parameter that controls reinforcement time is also the parameter that affects build time; so it was easier to just change a value and test what happens; maybe it won't be 3 Volks every game.

Jackson price should probably be reverted with the damage reduction. I would argue it'd need even more penetration though in this case. That and/or an improved rate of fire, at the very least through vet. A better turret rotation speed might help improve its reliability too. (Though IMO that goes for virtually all non-heavy turreted tanks.)

Yeah. Initially we were going for a bigger penetration boost, but we have to make changes more progressively. Though, in hindsight the latest Jackson could go with a price revert.

Note that Vet1 is still unchanged.

I don't see too much reason to use timers for the AA mode for the Schwerer. Making it a toggle alone would be a great change. A delay of a few seconds switching between modes would actually be an interesting dynamic for players to try to time.

We wanted to make a timed ability that was going to force the flak to be AA-only. I couldn't find out how to make this work. The only similar abilities operate on squads.

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Nov 2017, 08:30 AMcapiqua
1. I'm confused because G43 really is called "Jaeger Light Infantry" and there is no command that is called that. What is the commandant of the Werhmacht revamp? Jaeger Inf Doctrine or Lightning War Doctrine?

Jaeger Infantry Doctrine. It's the one with Camo and G43.

Btw the USF commander being revamped is Mechanized Doctrine (the one with the early car); not Armor Company.

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Nov 2017, 08:30 AMcapiqua

2. I guess it's the walking stuka

Yep!

Captain On Me

Honestly don't know how I feel of this change. One hand I used it for it's combat bonuses and sprint more then breaking suppression but on the other it won't decrease blobbing at all as the whole point for most player who use is to break suppression to allow their blob to remain effective. Honestly I'd support a change for it be applied to one unit like say a Ranger or Rifle squad to quickly move up on a flank and shred supporting weapons. That way On Me doesn't support blobs anymore while remaining a unique and useful ability. Could add a munitions cost to it too.

Making it affect singular squads with old stats could work.

Jackson

Why these changes? With the nerf to damage it'll take another shot to destroy heavier enemy tanks which the whole purpose of the Jackson is to counter heavy axis armor. How does having a extra 6% pen (at long range where a Jackson should be unless supported and against a Panther the most common "heavy" axis armor) compensate the lowered amount of damage as now a extra shot is needed to take out a Panther unless you get to veterancy one at which you have to deal with the long aim time. It's taking another key strength of the Jackson away as that 200 damage lets that AT grenade or bazooka shell knock off that last little piece of HP which I can attest to that can be the difference between a tank limping away or turning into a hunk of scrap.

We either have to keep Jackson at 480HP, where a single mistake means no heavy AT for USF. The moment we step out of that threshold, the only reasonable option is to set damage back to 160 and play around that area with price changes, reload time changes and accuracy changes. Otherwise, it becomes a nightmare for OST to engage a durable jackson.

10 Nov 2017, 09:12 AM

No M20 (USF) changes
10 Nov 2017, 10:20 AM

Permanently Banned
Can you guys explaine buff to ostwind and p4 ? And where stug nerf ?
Isnt its be problem with new obers that cost 340 mp ?
10 Nov 2017, 10:32 AM

Explain:

Ostwind was weak compared to other verhicles like this..it hits allway the ground and doesnt wipe like other units in this type class.

P4 was really to weak for its cost and compared to other mediums.
compare it with cromwell and cry. or with t34/ 85 which cost only 5fuel more.

are u serious? Stug nerf? its the only nondoc TD which ost have...compare it vs fireflys, new jackson (holymoly), and jp4

yeah...we want to nerf teamgames...lets nerf the weakest TD ingame from a faction which has no other nondoc solutions...

10 Nov 2017, 10:42 AM
Donator 11

Stug twp is nerfed. Though minor mg buff
10 Nov 2017, 10:45 AM

1.3V USF changes:

RE volley fire

Good to RE volley fire toned down as it was a bit much suppressing anything and everything that was flanking.

Captain On Me

Jackson

Why these changes? With the nerf to damage it'll take another shot to destroy heavies enemy tanks which the whole purpose of the Jackson is to counter heavy axis armor. How does having a extra 6% pen (at long range where a Jackson should be unless supported and against a Panther the most common "heavy" axis armor) compensate the lowered amount of damage as now a extra shot is needed to take out a Panther unless you get to veterancy one at which you have to deal with the long aim time. It's taking another key strength of the Jackson away as that 200 damage lets that AT grenade or bazooka shell knock off that last little piece of HP which I can attest to that can be the difference between a tank limping away or turning into a hunk of scrap.

Jackson still has its HVAP or whatever ability to increase it damage, so its good to use then when dealing with heaving like KT.

Overall some nice changes
10 Nov 2017, 11:36 AM

90mm gun that deal 160 damage? Relic logic
Give me a break
90mm same damage as the M10 75mm. God

The rest is ok I guess
Maybe the cost for zis Barrages are a little to low
PAGES (85)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias