Login

russian armor

December Balance Preview

• This thread is locked
PAGES (85)down
10 Nov 2017, 11:56 AM

its sounds like a allie bias patch which want to bring down all axis abilitys...

- nerf volks
- nerf t4 fight abilitys
- nerf ST like hell...wtf no shot over shot blocker, nerf range...but has no turrent and can´t reload on the move...what is wrong with this peoples??

unbelievable..

although I fell in love with the sturmtiger on day one, you and I and everyone have to admit that it´s one-shots through shotblockers AND out of the FOW were, well let´s say unfair.
You may should try to get used to the changes and see the big picture, since it´s not just axis stuff getting nerfed (and buffed btw).

Don´t u see that things are getting nerfed, not just to nerf them but because they are overperforming in any way (or for balance purposes)??

The tier4 fighting abilitys are acutally the same, you just have to press a key when you want to fight planes. I can´t see a nerf there besides the cooldown.

There have been so many threats and post about Volks in the past...if you don´t see that somethings wrong...may the force be with you...
Actually they just wanna swap the vet bonuses. The only nerf I can see is that the flamenades get a fuse... not the mention that you don´t have to acutally build a tier anymore (<-- that´s a buff!)

10 Nov 2017, 12:31 PM

The Soviet mortar change is the greatest change in this patch, this is what I've been waiting for so long, don't touch its performance and leave it useless.
10 Nov 2017, 12:50 PM

The Soviet mortar change is the greatest change in this patch, this is what I've been waiting for so long, don't touch its performance and leave it useless.

yeah it´s sad...the soviet mortar needs a performance buff badly. not sure why this is not possible.
10 Nov 2017, 12:57 PM

Generally the 1.3 changes seem pretty decent. Only thing I am getting worried about is the amount of changes. I would prefer balance patches to be limited in their scale. The more changes you implement the less predictable the outcome will be.

OKW changes btw are excellent, exactly what is needed.
10 Nov 2017, 12:59 PM

yeah it´s sad...the soviet mortar needs a performance buff badly. not sure why this is not possible.

Firing in FoW hurts accuracy by a lot. Having flares always accessible means that you have an advantage over other mortars since:
- You know where to shoot at
- You are more accurate vs them than they are vs you

Having flares also means that you know which spots are currently covered by MGs.
10 Nov 2017, 13:02 PM

Firing in FoW hurts accuracy by a lot. Having flares always accessible means that you have an advantage over other mortars since:

Having flares also means that you know which spots are currently covered by MGs.

Ank OKW has a maphack vehicle that "fires flares" for free and is in the same tier with leigt leicht howitzer.

Every good OST commander has some kind of recon (spotting scopes or recon plane ) too.

For me being able to fire a flare is not a justification to have a comparably weaker mortar compared to other mortars.
10 Nov 2017, 13:34 PM

@miragefla For the commander choices. Why is Ostruppen one of the choices? Did people seriously vote for revamping this commander? I mean I've found this commander super effective in 1v1s and 2v2s. Just curious to what everyone's thoughts were on this choice, considering there are a couple others that are nonexistent.
10 Nov 2017, 13:41 PM

^
Same goes to the KNVD, Joint Operation and Osteer Infantry doctrine.
10 Nov 2017, 14:09 PM

Indeed, let the German mortar continue to wipe the full 6 people squad in auto fire, and your mortar can only scratch, because you have a flash!
10 Nov 2017, 14:39 PM

I fear there are so many changes currently at once and it is not helping us to balance the game at all.

When we make so many small changes at once it can (and will) snowball into a big game difference and create several imbalances. And we wont be able to spot them because it will be such a mess that no one will know what is causing the imbalance.

For example look at tank combat, all axis tanks are getting a buff while most allied are being nerfed. You think this will balance the game ? I think not.

I think it is time to slow down with balancing, release a DBP BEFORE V1.3 with commander changes, let the meta set down and then focus on another patch. Or else it will end as FBP - an utter mess that was hated by community and shut down by Developers.

Sometimes less is more :)
10 Nov 2017, 15:10 PM

I think it is time to slow down with balancing, release a DBP BEFORE V1.3 with commander changes, let the meta set down and then focus on another patch. Or else it will end as FBP - an utter mess that was hated by community and shut down by Developers.

Sometimes less is more :)

This. Please not another FBP with way too many changes. I like most of the changes but I fear as Hector said that it´s not going to have a very predictable result. Less changes are better because they can actually be tested.
10 Nov 2017, 15:14 PM

What about making the Soviet mortar deal more DMG instead of giving it more "utility"?

By the way a unit in very serious need of a buff, the IS-2, is getting nothing. Why is that? In 95% of games vs. Soviets I dont see the IS-2 and if it is used it is super ineffective and generally just a waste of ressources. Please buff IS-2, just as the mortar it is (almost) never used because it just sucks too much.
10 Nov 2017, 15:25 PM

Sturmtiger changes are going overboard. Reducing its vet requirements is pointless if you will no longer be able to hit anything.

It doesn't even have a turret or auto-reload like the barely used AVRE.

10 Nov 2017, 15:29 PM

What about making the Soviet mortar deal more DMG instead of giving it more "utility"?

By the way a unit in very serious need of a buff, the IS-2, is getting nothing. Why is that? In 95% of games vs. Soviets I dont see the IS-2 and if it is used it is super ineffective and generally just a waste of ressources. Please buff IS-2, just as the mortar it is (almost) never used because it just sucks too much.

We can't fix everything at the same time. For each faction we have to prioritise what are the important aspects that ruin synergy and cause repetition.

For Soviets this was Conscripts, T2 and, with commander revamp, their elite infantry callins.

For OST, this was their teching and their lacklustre T3 non-Stug options.

For OKW, that was their non-sensical economy that is promoting infantry blobbing, and the fact that many units significantly outperform other similar-cost units.

For USF, that was their anti-tank late-game, and the fact that their entire metagame is concentrated around one squad type (Riflemen).

As for Brits, I don't think we've really touched them yet. Therefore, if we are allowed more scope-credit, it should go there.
10 Nov 2017, 15:34 PM

+or- good patch at start , but now is becoming a trash patch...
10 Nov 2017, 15:46 PM

Permanently Banned

Explain:

Ostwind was weak compared to other verhicles like this..it hits allway the ground and doesnt wipe like other units in this type class.

P4 was really to weak for its cost and compared to other mediums.
compare it with cromwell and cry. or with t34/ 85 which cost only 5fuel more.

are u serious? Stug nerf? its the only nondoc TD which ost have...compare it vs fireflys, new jackson (holymoly), and jp4

yeah...we want to nerf teamgames...lets nerf the weakest TD ingame from a faction which has no other nondoc solutions...

Cromwell better without vet, but p4 have good vet, now this tanks cost same. Dont see reason compared p4 and t34-85, 85 are doc tank, that must be better then stock tier tanks. Also t-34-76 is jsut better in one things, fuel and popcap, zerg rush tank.
Grens pop cap buff, stug still have low popcap and better in economic war/trades. Its will be Price strat, grens spam in stugs OpieOP.
I dont see any game in this patch where new jackson win the TD war.
Non doc sulition, shrek, pac.
10 Nov 2017, 15:48 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post10 Nov 2017, 10:42 AMArray

Stug twp is nerfed. Though minor mg buff

Who use mg on stug ? Maybe Dane only, its waste of ammo, for unit that attack from shadow :).
10 Nov 2017, 16:03 PM

I guess mod team is given too much nerfes to OKW.

- You removed the SturmTiger capabilitis to shoot through obstacles. Why dont remove that same capabilities to the Churchill AVRE?
- You nerfed too much the Stuka Zu Fuss. What about the Katiushas, Calliopes and LM? those things are ruining 4v4 games, not panthers, jacksons, or elephants.

Does anyone remember that OKW are a starving faction and they are supposed to have really good units???
10 Nov 2017, 16:06 PM

V1.3

10 Nov 2017, 16:23 PM
Patrion 26

As they are basically slowly but surely adding most of the changes from the original Fall Balance Preview, please add back the much better vet 1 abilities for the IS-2 and KV-1:

IS-2
• Veterancy 1 ‘Secure Point’ ability replaced with OF-471 Fragmentation Shell. This ability is a targeted ability that fires a HE shell that cover a large area, but low OHK radius also applies a mini-stun to vehicles hit. Ignores landscape and terrain.

KV-1
• Secure Mode replaced with KV-1 Hulldown. Increases rate of fire by 15% and damage resistance by 20% after five seconds. Tank becomes immobile when active.

They're a big improvement and well worth adding.
PAGES (85)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 32
Germany 756
unknown 19
Germany 1
unknown 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W