Login

russian armor

December Balance Preview

• This thread is locked
PAGES (85)down
8 Nov 2017, 15:21 PM

a bofors kill your 222/ luchs faster than you can it drive out of range

Someone has a really awful reaction time.

If you stop a-moving all your units you will see that bofors is really useless right now.
8 Nov 2017, 15:39 PM

Tellers? Reigels? Fausts and schrecks? Those also damage Jacksons and are affected by changes to its health.

A 640 health Jackson can eat a teller and a standard round and still survive. That is huge.

It's not that big a deal. After you've eaten a teller, you have your engine damage over enemy territory (because nobody can afford to plant 50MU mines all over the place), and you're going to die anyway.

8 Nov 2017, 16:06 PM

It's not that big a deal. After you've eaten a teller, you have your engine damage over enemy territory (because nobody can afford to plant 50MU mines all over the place), and you're going to die anyway.

Ah shit.

Let me just pop out my crew, crit repair and drive away.
8 Nov 2017, 16:06 PM

Someone has a really awful reaction time.

If you stop a-moving all your units you will see that bofors is really useless right now.

Your brain seems more useless at the moment lol
8 Nov 2017, 16:07 PM

It is a huge deal...

You're making a gross assumption on gameplay here.

The tank may die, yeah, sure. But it gets time to fire another round. It takes another round to kill that isn't going towards other advancing tanks. And of all factions, usf can hop out and superglue the engine damage if the axis forces have to pull back.

I place tellers all over the place. It's one of the ways I play teamgames when I'm the sole ostheer player.

But if you say it's not a huge deal, who the hell am I to disagree, eh?
8 Nov 2017, 16:16 PM

It is a huge deal...

You're making a gross assumption on gameplay here.

The tank may die, yeah, sure. But it gets time to fire another round. It takes another round to kill that isn't going towards other advancing tanks. And of all factions, usf can hop out and superglue the engine damage if the axis forces have to pull back.

I place tellers all over the place. It's one of the ways I play teamgames when I'm the sole ostheer player.

But if you say it's not a huge deal, who the hell am I to disagree, eh?

OKW will still have an easy way of dealing with the Jackson using JP4, or stealthed raketens. They have a lot of options.

I just want to make sure that OST also has counter options available to them, other than "USF player failed to minesweep the area".
8 Nov 2017, 16:24 PM

OKW will still have an easy way of dealing with the Jackson using JP4, or stealthed raketens. They have a lot of options.

I just want to make sure that OST also has counter options available to them, other than "USF player failed to minesweep the area".

How does increasing the jacksons health to 640 accomplish this? The proposed changes only serve to reduce ostheer options for counterplay.

Putting the Jackson to 520 or 560 keeps the teller mine as a viable counterplay to the standard critical mass of stugs/paks.
8 Nov 2017, 16:26 PM

Ah shit.

It takes 4 seconds when they have like 300% RA, it's not like it used to be, also Vehicle Crews now vet slower and don't have access to it after one penetrating shot as they used to.
8 Nov 2017, 16:46 PM

Ah shit.

yeah, let me just stand still for 10 seconds on the battlefield LUL

Your brain seems more useless at the moment lol

and yet I'm not the one that gets rekt by bofors.
8 Nov 2017, 17:08 PM

and yet I'm not the one that gets rekt by bofors.

That is easily explained, you never play axis lol.

8 Nov 2017, 17:43 PM

That is easily explained, you never play axis lol.

I have pretty much half of games you have as axis, and these are only ranked matches. meanwhile you have a pretty low game count at all.

go get gud first then come shitpost here later.

8 Nov 2017, 17:56 PM

How does increasing the jacksons health to 640 accomplish this? The proposed changes only serve to reduce ostheer options for counterplay.

Putting the Jackson to 520 or 560 keeps the teller mine as a viable counterplay to the standard critical mass of stugs/paks.

Only bad or greedy players will sacrifice their range advantage to chase after an OST tank and be lured to a teller mine.

In 20+ DBP games where I've used or played against the Jackson against the very best and very worst of players, I doubt I've ever seen once a case where Jackson survived with less than 160HP (which would make a case for lowering the amount of HP).

For OKW, I always had the option of raketen ambushes and/or tapping out for a JP4.

As OST, it seemed OK that Jackson could threaten my Brummbar or Panther. However, I didn't have any choices apart from luring the Jackson in a pak TWP-ambush, and that didn't feel OK.

It's just that the the disparity of the performance of the Jackson against OST and against OKW is too great, and lowering the HP won't fix any of it. Lowering HP to 560 won't help OST at all. However, it will make Jackson even shittier to doctrinal OKW options.
8 Nov 2017, 18:03 PM

Mr. smith, is there any chance that you guys could change the cons sandbags to the smaller one? That huge sandbag is just retarded, you can't use against the points to deny cover and it get smashed very easily by vehicles because they occupy so much space.

Not to mention they cant fit on most places.
8 Nov 2017, 18:08 PM

Mr. smith, is there any chance that you guys could change the cons sandbags to the smaller one? That huge sandbag is just retarded, you can't use against the points to deny cover and it get smashed very easily by vehicles because they occupy so much space.

Not to mention they cant fit on most places.

I wish there was a way to make the smaller sandbags not fit against control points, instead, cause it's such a no-brainer.

Conscript sandbags at least force you to think of a way to place them strategically, or force you to tie up your engineers to put up a wire.
8 Nov 2017, 18:24 PM

then make the other way around, everone gets xboxhueg sandbags :P

I always found that the dimensions on this game was weird, some units are too big while other are too small.

Just look at the 222 and T70 for example, one is too big and the other to small
8 Nov 2017, 18:51 PM

The Panther has much better AT than the forementioned units, but worse AI. Panther MGs are no joke and can cause a lot of bleed. Depending on the terrain, and also given that Panther AI doesn't care about elevation, Panther can deal more AI output than the Comet.

That's also taking into account that the Panther can offer engage units that don't have AT capabilities (e.g., Penals, Tommies and doctrinal USF infantry).

The theory that the Panther can deal more AI output than the Comet is stretched to the limit.

Panther AI come mostly from the 3 mg it has and 2 of them have range 35.

Comet AI come from the main gun the 2 mg, the grenades, the WP.

Elevation or no elevation Comet can put so much more damage output on soft targets than the Panther and at longer ranges, that it can counter even ATG while the Panther does not engage them.

The vehicles are not even in the same category

Comet is a main battle Tank.

Panther is TD with mgs.
8 Nov 2017, 19:03 PM

Only bad or greedy players will sacrifice their range advantage to chase after an OST tank and be lured to a teller mine.

Flanking is bad/greedy? That's where my tellers go.

n 20+ DBP games where I've used or played against the Jackson against the very best and very worst of players, I doubt I've ever seen once a case where Jackson survived with less than 160HP (which would make a case for lowering the amount of HP).

You doubt? Kappa. You realize that 560 health is functionally the same as 640 when dealing with jp4s and raketens?

As OST, it seemed OK that Jackson could threaten my Brummbar or Panther. However, I didn't have any choices apart from luring the Jackson in a pak TWP-ambush, and that didn't feel OK.

...because you just chose not to snare with fausts, use pgrens double schrecks, lay tellers, or utilize any stugs?

It's just that the the disparity of the performance of the Jackson against OST and against OKW is too great, and lowering the HP won't fix any of it. Lowering HP to 560 won't help OST at all. However, it will make Jackson even shittier to doctrinal OKW options.

Lowering to 560... you mean raise to 560. The additional hit to kill by standard shots is retained but doesn't indirectly affect ostheers non doctrinal options.

The ultimatum here is that jacksons must survive two JT rounds or a direct sturmtiger rocket. That's your goal and your beef here, so please don't pass it off as anything else.
8 Nov 2017, 19:39 PM

Also, how is making a Jackson capable of surviving 2 jt/elefant shots and more than anY thing a sturmtiger rocket not promoting such described bad/greedy play?
8 Nov 2017, 20:26 PM

The reasons for moving smoke from RE to Riflemen are multiple:
- Giving smoke to RE gives them a combat role, where they lacked any before
- Removing smoke from Riflemen, makes them less of an 1-unit army that puts elite infantry into shame, but still allows them to perform well for cost
- This increases the added value of USF Elite Infantry, which were massively overshadowed by Riflemen; rather than being the non-meta option you go for to surprise people, those doctrines now actually become more competitive to non-elite infantry doctrines
- It allows RE to better synergise with USF Elite Infantry
- It prevents lategame USF play from degrading into Jacksons & Riflemen
- It turns USF army synergy from Riflemen-centric to Infantry-centric
- It allows USF late-game to transition to lower-upkeep Rear Echelons, without abandoning their smoke
- Incentivising players to build tanks other than Jacksons (since both M4 and M8 have access to smoke)

The idea seems to be that instead of going riflemen focused, you'd get a bunch of rear echelons and hold out until you can get rangers or paratroopers correct? I just don't see that being viable at all against current OKW infantry and their Luches. By the time 3 CP hits you basically lost the game at that point if you attempted to go that build. USF elite infantry won't be competitive as long as their CP cost and initial manpower cost is so friggen high. As USF you basically build your whole fighting force BEFORE the 3CP mark. (3 Rifles, Mortar, MG, LT, ect.)
8 Nov 2017, 21:13 PM

The idea seems to be that instead of going riflemen focused, you'd get a bunch of rear echelons and hold out until you can get rangers or paratroopers correct?...

Why use only RE or only riflemen and not mix?
PAGES (85)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 36
unknown 24
Mexico 14
Germany 867

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L