Login

russian armor

Heavy Tank killer and Comander choice for 2v2.

11 Oct 2017, 02:40 AM

Me and my friend are putting together a strategy to kill Heavy tanks
We found out the IR pathfinder artillery from Recon Support Company or 155mm artillery from Mechanized Company along with the stuns of Tulip Rocket Strike from Sherman firefly could "one shot" any Heavy tank.
So my question is, what commander overall in 2v2 scenario is better, Recon Support Company or Mechanized Company?

My teammate will play as UKF.
11 Oct 2017, 04:37 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Oct 2017, 02:40 AMBizrock
Me and my friend are putting together a strategy to kill Heavy tanks
We found out the IR pathfinder artillery from Recon Support Company or 155mm artillery from Mechanized Company along with the stuns of Tulip Rocket Strike from Sherman firefly could "one shot" any Heavy tank.
So my question is, what commander overall in 2v2 scenario is better, Recon Support Company or Mechanized Company?

My teammate will play as UKF.

Depends on your enemy, if it's double Ostheer, Mech is better since your truck could outmaneuver everything. If it's double OKW, it's safer to go for recon since raketens are a threat. If it's one OKW and one Ostheer, just go with Mech, since UKF can counter OKW if played right (Simbritty).
nee
11 Oct 2017, 06:06 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Oct 2017, 02:40 AMBizrock

Mechanized.

Recon Support requires a three-man squad unlocked, deployed and in range to target a barrage for the 155m strike, whereas Mechanized just need LOS and the requisite munitions for an off-map.
Plus, Mechanized has better options for much of the game in comparison to Recon Support.

In multiplayer trying to close the distance with an I&R Pathfinder is an obvious indicator of a strategy, plus fragile squad means high risk and easy wipe.
11 Oct 2017, 06:07 AM

Depends on your enemy, if it's double Ostheer, Mech is better since your truck could outmaneuver everything. If it's double OKW, it's safer to go for recon since raketens are a threat. If it's one OKW and one Ostheer, just go with Mech, since UKF can counter OKW if played right (Simbritty).

Grenadier can faust from the beginning right?
11 Oct 2017, 07:00 AM

You'll need more practice with Reco but it feasible. I'll say try both many times and your answer will probably be more map dependent than faction.

Mechanized is good for the WC51 if you face OKW, a bit more tricking vs Ostheer and only on open may such as Moscow or farmland. The Truck is a good asset but you must micro it well to not lose, reinforcing on any territory is a really good ability that can turn tides. The barrage is good, I really like it and usually use it to finish OKW strutures with a Sherman, you need to take down 1/3 of the struture life before calling the barrage.

Reco is good for the IR&Pathfinder and those are good in map with a lot of cover as they have camouflage on cover + cease fire, putting them on the good spot let you see a big chunk of the map. The M8 let you delay your teching, you can unlock BAR and the ambulance and still have a reliable vehicle to deal damage and take some hits. Beware that your friend must have a AEC to counter Luch rushes.
IR&Pathfinder can also call artillery barrage on the fog of war which is an underrated ability.
You need to make some test yourself but the last time I used them vs OKW, two arty barrages took down the OKW T3, I don't know how much damage one barrage deal exactly to a full healed structure. It will be up to you to damage it enough and then call the arty barrage on it to finish it off.

From memory, the IR&P barrage is stronger than the mechanized one.

Of course, vs Jagt or kt or elefant, the result is the same. Good luck jim.
11 Oct 2017, 14:18 PM

Mech, IMO, is slightly less useless than Recon just because flamers + mines on the Ass Engies and WC51s can eat Kubels. Just put the HT back in the box immediately (2cp + Soviet Scout car armor and HP is a fucking joke for 40 fuel) and has the advantage of letting you get a Stuart, kill the inevitable Luchs, put the Stuart back and still get a fast Sherman.
11 Oct 2017, 14:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Oct 2017, 06:07 AMBizrock

Grenadier can faust from the beginning right?

Yes, though it is a munitions expenditure that is hard for ostheer to make up. That faust can delay infantry healing or a flamethrower for an engagement or two.

Though technically I believe the faust requires T1 to be built. So I think if in the course of the game if the t1 building is destroyed, the grens on the field lose fausts. I could be mistaken though as this is not a common occurance.
11 Oct 2017, 14:56 PM

Mechanized Is in my team game load out soley because of how quick, reasonably priced and powerful the artillery strike is. The recon sweep also allows you to use 240 munitions of sweep and arty to kill paks43s or howitzers.

Mech is definatley easier to use, more flexible and therefore better than Recon
11 Oct 2017, 15:02 PM

Yes, though it is a munitions expenditure that is hard for ostheer to make up. That faust can delay infantry healing or a flamethrower for an engagement or two.

Though technically I believe the faust requires T1 to be built. So I think if in the course of the game if the t1 building is destroyed, the grens on the field lose fausts. I could be mistaken though as this is not a common occurance.

Faust for grenadier/ostruppen requires the t1 building to exist, so it can become unavailable.

Imo it should become also available with BP 1 (at least for the Grenadiers that is).

On subject the spotting from IR can be very helpful.
11 Oct 2017, 16:13 PM

Agree that Mech is definitely the better of the 2 if you are dead-set on this strategy. Honestly though Recon and Mech are probably the bottom of the barrel for USF commanders and not something you'd really want to pick just for nuking heavy tanks with Arty. Waegukin nailed it with how to use Mechanized vs. OKW to full effect.

IMO you'd be best off letting your UKF partner do the heavy lifting with AT (2X Fireflies can scare anything off) and focus on being primarily AI with something like Heavy Calvary/Tactical Support/Rifle Company that are better commanders but can still help vs. Heavy Tanks with Pershing or Easy 8 swarms.
11 Oct 2017, 16:47 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Oct 2017, 15:02 PMVipper

Faust for grenadier/ostruppen requires the t1 building to exist, so it can become unavailable.

Imo it should become also available with BP 1 (at least for the Grenadiers that is).

On subject the spotting from IR can be very helpful.

Ostheer T1 is the cheapest tier building in whole game. Why wouldn't you just rebuild it if you lose it?
11 Oct 2017, 16:59 PM

Ostheer T1 is the cheapest tier building in whole game. Why wouldn't you just rebuild it if you lose it?

It is not a question of rebuilding the t1, there is no reason for this mechanism. Other faction do not lose their snare even if they lose all buildings.
11 Oct 2017, 18:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Oct 2017, 16:59 PMVipper

It is not a question of rebuilding the t1, there is no reason for this mechanism. Other faction do not lose their snare even if they lose all buildings.

Pretty sure OKW does
11 Oct 2017, 19:38 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Oct 2017, 16:59 PMVipper

Ostheer tier 1 is a very cheap and small building. This makes it ideal as a forward reinforce on the border of the base and it is very often used in that fashion. A decision to put your T1 in front is generally very beneficial but, as everything in well designed rts, has its downsides. The most important one is that if such placement makes you lose the building you are prone to vehicle rush into the base. That is why you may consider not stretching the forward placement too much and hiding a building behind the hedge for example. This is a perfect example of good, interesting design right there. No changes needed.
11 Oct 2017, 20:18 PM

Ostheer tier 1 is a very cheap and small building. This makes it ideal as a forward reinforce on the border of the base and it is very often used in that fashion. A decision to put your T1 in front is generally very beneficial but, as everything in well designed rts, has its downsides. The most important one is that if such placement makes you lose the building you are prone to vehicle rush into the base. That is why you may consider not stretching the forward placement too much and hiding a building behind the hedge for example. This is a perfect example of good, interesting design right there. No changes needed.

This hardly a good designed mechanism, it actually pretty bad, if it was Penal battalion should lose their satchel charges and PTRS upgrades if Soviet T1 was destroyed for the exact same reasons.

Of course you are entitled to your opinion.
11 Oct 2017, 20:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Oct 2017, 20:18 PMVipper

This hardly a good designed mechanism, it actually pretty bad, if it was Penal battalion should lose their satchel charges and PTRS upgrades if Soviet T1 was destroyed for the exact same reasons.

Of course you are entitled to your opinion.

Actually if penals lost access to satchels and ptrs upgrades if their t1 is lost, that would be absolutely fine. Even preferable.

But remember penal ptrs and satchels weren't made by relic devs. It makes sense there's discrepancies between the designs.
11 Oct 2017, 21:11 PM

Actually if penals lost access to satchels and ptrs upgrades if their t1 is lost, that would be absolutely fine. Even preferable.

But remember penal ptrs and satchels weren't made by relic devs. It makes sense there's discrepancies between the designs.

Relic implements the changes and have full responsibility for the them.

Penal had satchel and flamers before that patch but they did not lose access to them when T1 was lost, neither do conscripts lose access molotovs and AT grenades if they lose the base building.

Discrepancies that serve no purpose should be removed.

This is quite irrelevant to OP, so lets try to get back on subject.
11 Oct 2017, 21:19 PM

Mechanized Is in my team game load out soley because of how quick, reasonably priced and powerful the artillery strike is. The recon sweep also allows you to use 240 munitions of sweep and arty to kill paks43s or howitzers.

Mech is definatley easier to use, more flexible and therefore better than Recon

Mech can actually be pretty good, even against ostheer as long as you play well, but recon support is basically just crappier airborne with IR artillery and rifleman sight range (lol) being the only worthwhile things in the commander.

Offtopic, but how come people always seem to balk at building an early rak to counter wc51s? I mean, it's fairly easy to sit on hold fire and cloak until you've had like, 6 penetrating rifle rounds that you need in addition to one rak rocket to kill a dodge, and then they're down 20 fuel and lost the biggest advantage of the commander. The rak can then backcap (or even troll random points since it can retreat) until a light vehicle comes out and its combat-relevant again. I get that one of your volks squad will be delayed for about 1 more minute but so will one of his rifles, so it's practically the same thing.
11 Oct 2017, 21:19 PM
Patrion 310

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Oct 2017, 21:11 PMVipper

Relic implements the changes and have full responsibility for the them.

Penal had satchel and flamers before that patch but they did not lose access to them when T1 was lost, neither do conscripts lose access molotovs and AT grenades if they lose the base building.

Discrepancies that serve no purpose should be removed.

This is quite irrelevant to to OP, so lets try to get back on subject.

Perhaps conscripts get to keep the AT nade because they have to pay to research it, instead of just getting it free when teching?

How about cons get free AT nade unlock when either T1 or T2 is built, and will lose it if that building is destroyed?
11 Oct 2017, 21:21 PM

Perhaps conscripts get to keep the AT nade because they have to pay to research it, instead of just getting it free when teching?

How about cons get free AT nade unlock when either T1 or T2 is built, and will lose it if that building is destroyed?

Or cons could get the ability to not be useless.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★