Login

russian armor

the Fall Balance Preview has been put on hold indefinitely.

• This thread is locked
PAGES (9)down
nee
30 Aug 2017, 14:15 PM

I really hope they turn AoE4 into what is effectively CoH3.
30 Aug 2017, 16:31 PM
Benefactor 115

I always take a look at Relic staff social media. They seem to play a lot of games other than their own, fair enough I don't want to take work home but what seems to be happy is that they readily try to transpose features from other games but not consider what their previous games already have.
30 Aug 2017, 17:54 PM
Donator 11

I know that you don't like him and probably wish that, but Sturm never said he was. Kyle is still working.

If he is working why he never reply my email. I wonder.
30 Aug 2017, 18:00 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

If he is working why he never reply my email. I wonder.

Your email?

To swich emailadress you sent?
30 Aug 2017, 19:00 PM
Donator 33

I always take a look at Relic staff social media. They seem to play a lot of games other than their own, fair enough I don't want to take work home but what seems to be happy is that they readily try to transpose features from other games but not consider what their previous games already have.

+1
1 Sep 2017, 03:06 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Aug 2017, 19:00 PMBudwise

Basically from Alpha, us Admins and other veterans have watched the slow decline and downturn of our favorite RTS franchise.

I am sorry to hear you had to go through that. This is the equivalent of watching someone you love destroy themselves with whatever vice made them feel good at the time.

For what it's worth, I tip my metaphorical hat fedora to you; not many (myself inclusive) would have the dedication to remain with such franchise.

Games aint what they used to be in the 90's early 00's. Everything is about money grab now, with your average gamer having the attention span of gold fish.
3 Sep 2017, 10:30 AM

Before the cancellation of the WBP, many issues with the game were often tolerated because there was always some expectation/belief/hope that relic or mod team would get around to nerfing or removing them in due course.

Now that hope is crushed into oblivion and so is my interest in this POS. Far too many games i play as ost are now just cheese fests against brit morter pits. It is beyond tedious.
5 Sep 2017, 08:39 AM

Glad that they killed the stupid "community patch" nonsense. Every "community balance patch" that has been released, for the few that have, have gotten me closer and closer to just un-installing the game as opposed to sitting in my library gathering dust.

Its one thing to have devs that listen to the community and make adjustments accordingly, but it is another to just hand balance over to a bunch of morons in the community to mess up.
5 Sep 2017, 08:52 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

Glad that they killed the stupid "community patch" nonsense. Every "community balance patch" that has been released, for the few that have, have gotten me closer and closer to just un-installing the game as opposed to sitting in my library gathering dust.

Its one thing to have devs that listen to the community and make adjustments accordingly, but it is another to just hand balance over to a bunch of morons in the community to mess up.

Let me guess: You play axis and only teamgames or Customgames? ;)
5 Sep 2017, 14:09 PM

Let me guess: You play axis and only teamgames or Customgames? ;)

What is wrong with custom games? That's what all modded games like FBP were, by the way.

WBP caused most of the people i played with to quit, but not like brit release.
5 Sep 2017, 14:41 PM

I lost like 4 games straight as USF on the weekend doing 4v4. Some really unlucky squad wipes. Like first flame from a flame thrower halftrack wiped my brand new Lt squad in a building as i hit the "D" key... The first burst ... Also the poor way-finding algorithm caused many of my M10 to die unnecessarily. It's ok when you play 1 or 2 tanks and micro manage a tank's path, but when you have a pack of them while trying to flank, it's like impossible.

The fall patch wouldn've been awesome bringing USF to somewhat an equal footing, because I love the versatility of the faction. But thanks to AOE4, i guess it's not happening ever really.
5 Sep 2017, 15:57 PM

I lost like 4 games straight as USF on the weekend doing 4v4. Some really unlucky squad wipes. Like first flame from a flame thrower halftrack wiped my brand new Lt squad in a building as i hit the "D" key... The first burst ... Also the poor way-finding algorithm caused many of my M10 to die unnecessarily. It's ok when you play 1 or 2 tanks and micro manage a tank's path, but when you have a pack of them while trying to flank, it's like impossible.

I would recommend you NEVER fkn EVER go for M10 commander in 3 vs 3 or 4 vs 4 mode.

There are 2 commanders for major of the map that WILL help you in mid (1) and late (2,1). 1 with Priest. 2 with p47s.

you may want Dodge51 commander for Steps (the most stupid map in mappool, some other just unplayeble but that one has stupid design)

90% Wermach in 3 vs 3 or 4 vs 4 rush to Flame HT and then (or) to tier 3 units those are pz4 or Ostwind or Stug. SO you first unit should be Jackson for kill those specific unit after that put in base decrewed. In the begging they have only MG42s and Pios so act accordigly to counter this shit.
5 Sep 2017, 19:29 PM

I would recommend you NEVER fkn EVER go for M10 commander in 3 vs 3 or 4 vs 4 mode.

There are 2 commanders for major of the map that WILL help you in mid (1) and late (2,1). 1 with Priest. 2 with p47s.

you may want Dodge51 commander for Steps (the most stupid map in mappool, some other just unplayeble but that one has stupid design)

90% Wermach in 3 vs 3 or 4 vs 4 rush to Flame HT and then (or) to tier 3 units those are pz4 or Ostwind or Stug. SO you first unit should be Jackson for kill those specific unit after that put in base decrewed. In the begging they have only MG42s and Pios so act accordigly to counter this shit.

A sherman does the job too and can counter infantry play.
5 Sep 2017, 20:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Sep 2017, 19:29 PMEsxile

A sherman does the job too and can counter infantry play.

If you need counter anything on foot use Scott.

I find sherman usefulsness as last 2 units in my army composition to counter Jagd and Ele under smoke cover(or flank) by blocking it and using p47 in that moment
5 Sep 2017, 20:48 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Aug 2017, 14:15 PMnee
I really hope they turn AoE4 into what is effectively CoH3.

Would rly like to keep my AOE and CoH titles as separate experiences lol
5 Sep 2017, 21:02 PM
Patrion 310

Would rly like to keep my AOE and CoH titles as separate experiences lol

More efficient way of ruining 2 games in 1 :)
6 Sep 2017, 07:24 AM

If you need counter anything on foot use Scott.

I find sherman usefulsness as last 2 units in my army composition to counter Jagd and Ele under smoke cover(or flank) by blocking it and using p47 in that moment

Jackson + Scott cost the same as 2 shermans.

I like the Scott and Jackson combo but imo it doesn't work in the actual meta. It is simple, I wasn't able to reach top100 2vs2 random with Scott and Jackson and then I reached top25 only by switching to sherman.

The sherman has a much higher shock value when it hits the field compared to the Scott and you really need this shock value to close the game as soon as possible to reduce the Windows of Jagt and Elef.
What I'm looking at is a combo Sherman/Scott, I want to try it.

If one day Relic patchs the game and Jagt and Elef strat are nerfed, Scott/Jackson will be appealing again.
6 Sep 2017, 11:41 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Sep 2017, 07:24 AMEsxile

Jackson + Scott cost the same as 2 shermans.

I like the Scott and Jackson combo but imo it doesn't work in the actual meta. It is simple, I wasn't able to reach top100 2vs2 random with Scott and Jackson and then I reached top25 only by switching to sherman.

The sherman has a much higher shock value when it hits the field compared to the Scott and you really need this shock value to close the game as soon as possible to reduce the Windows of Jagt and Elef.
What I'm looking at is a combo Sherman/Scott, I want to try it.

If one day Relic patchs the game and Jagt and Elef strat are nerfed, Scott/Jackson will be appealing again.

I can't insist that it would work in 2 vs 2. But it definitely works in 3 vs 3 and 4 vs 4 from mid till late game (and very late game lol).
You should use it double Scott vs OKW (and first jackson if opponent Wehrmacht)
Scott cannot be caught by anything on foot including double Raketten or even double PAK (with PAK if u didn't miss the moment they fire first time)

Sherman WILL instantly die to Faust and raketen or at gun combo. The reason why is like that - Scott has attack range 60 and should never go in AT range and has greater range than Raketten and same as PAK40 (60) and IF you got inside that range u have vet 1 Smoke ability.

Scott is VERY mobile and maneuverable. I should say one more time Scott can't be destroyed by anything on foot even if its blob of PGs SHreck blob like 3 or 4 squads even if they use "RUN" ability.

Scott should just accompany of you Rifle fist and always stay behind them and that fist cannot be stopped by anything on foot without bleeding hard especially if you use .50 cal as well to support your attack. Any single or even double HMG insta smoked (for free) and go thru.

Even if Wehrmacht player is trying to protect his territory with bunkers and PAKs . Sherman's and Jacksons can't remove this. Scott with ease because its barrage range greater than 60 to destroy whether bunker or AT gun OR just smoke bunker to allow infantry to burst in and deal chaose and pain.

In my opinion Scott is CORE USF support unit from mid to late game and NIGHTMARE for anything on foot including any AT guns except PAK 43.

OKW blob of any size will be panish much greater (constantly in time) than using Calliope or Priest and much cheaper. At the same time you have smoke platform for free anywhere on the map within few seconds.

Also Scott doesn't afraid of any light vehicles including Pz2 except Puma. More over Scott able to kill any of them except Puma that means Scott can kill 222, FlameHT, FlakHT and Pz2. Well for USF its very good if opponent spend fuel on something that no Pz4, Panther or KT or Jagd because it gives USF time.

Even Jpz4 is poor counter of Scott because it may approach only up front an infantry may easily snare it.

Summarizing
Scott is a Heavy Infantry Destroyer that apply enormous pressure power versus attepts to hold the territory by the Axis without using vehicals in the midgame.

Scott is the thing that let USF wins late game by supporting any of ur attack or covering retreat of your vehicles.Scott is the thing that allows to hold 2/3 of the map if axis trying to stall till heaviest.

ps Going Priest is wise descision on some specific maps and to counter LEFH and FRP

ps2 Shermans role is to counter Heavy Tank Destroyers by means of popping out of Scotts smoke and blocking them. If there is some additional support of AT weapons 2 shermans would not be able to kill Jagd that fast they need support in way of P47s or arty drop or anything else.

Jacksons role is to counter Pz4, Panther, Tigers, KT and snared Jpz4 from flank.

1 AT gun role is to counter Jpz4 and support early attack on Shwerer.

Major role is in providing recon, accompany rifles and drop artillery strike on stationary targets such as single MG or PAK43 or LEFH (for 60 ammo only) always rebuild your Major for 160 mp only and have him at least vet 2 wich gives 9 arty shells (vs 6 in vet 0)

PS3 How to be proficient on using Major recon?
One Plane (on vet 0 its always one) goes from you base sector to the point where you drop the recon flare. So there is the line from you base sector to you flare point. Thats it. The Major Recon pass is cheaper than same in some Doctrines. The Major recon pass reveales any concealed unit such as Snipers, Raketten or hidden Jpz4 for 50 ammo. SO you can smoke them if you plan to kill Ele or Jagd.

PS4 When your Jacksons or SHermans have no their specific job to do they should be decrewed. Scotts never, always on duty.
6 Sep 2017, 15:57 PM

I can't insist that it would work in 2 vs 2. But it definitely works in 3 vs 3 and 4 vs 4 from mid till late game (and very late game lol).
You should use it double Scott vs OKW (and first jackson if opponent Wehrmacht)
Scott cannot be caught by anything on foot including double Raketten or even double PAK (with PAK if u didn't miss the moment they fire first time)

Sherman WILL instantly die to Faust and raketen or at gun combo. The reason why is like that - Scott has attack range 60 and should never go in AT range and has greater range than Raketten and same as PAK40 (60) and IF you got inside that range u have vet 1 Smoke ability.

Scott is VERY mobile and maneuverable. I should say one more time Scott can't be destroyed by anything on foot even if its blob of PGs SHreck blob like 3 or 4 squads even if they use "RUN" ability.

Scott should just accompany of you Rifle fist and always stay behind them and that fist cannot be stopped by anything on foot without bleeding hard especially if you use .50 cal as well to support your attack. Any single or even double HMG insta smoked (for free) and go thru.

Even if Wehrmacht player is trying to protect his territory with bunkers and PAKs . Sherman's and Jacksons can't remove this. Scott with ease because its barrage range greater than 60 to destroy whether bunker or AT gun OR just smoke bunker to allow infantry to burst in and deal chaose and pain.

In my opinion Scott is CORE USF support unit from mid to late game and NIGHTMARE for anything on foot including any AT guns except PAK 43.

OKW blob of any size will be panish much greater (constantly in time) than using Calliope or Priest and much cheaper. At the same time you have smoke platform for free anywhere on the map within few seconds.

Also Scott doesn't afraid of any light vehicles including Pz2 except Puma. More over Scott able to kill any of them except Puma that means Scott can kill 222, FlameHT, FlakHT and Pz2. Well for USF its very good if opponent spend fuel on something that no Pz4, Panther or KT or Jagd because it gives USF time.

Even Jpz4 is poor counter of Scott because it may approach only up front an infantry may easily snare it.

Summarizing
Scott is a Heavy Infantry Destroyer that apply enormous pressure power versus attepts to hold the territory by the Axis without using vehicals in the midgame.

Scott is the thing that let USF wins late game by supporting any of ur attack or covering retreat of your vehicles.Scott is the thing that allows to hold 2/3 of the map if axis trying to stall till heaviest.

ps Going Priest is wise descision on some specific maps and to counter LEFH and FRP

ps2 Shermans role is to counter Heavy Tank Destroyers by means of popping out of Scotts smoke and blocking them. If there is some additional support of AT weapons 2 shermans would not be able to kill Jagd that fast they need support in way of P47s or arty drop or anything else.

Jacksons role is to counter Pz4, Panther, Tigers, KT and snared Jpz4 from flank.

1 AT gun role is to counter Jpz4 and support early attack on Shwerer.

Major role is in providing recon, accompany rifles and drop artillery strike on stationary targets such as single MG or PAK43 or LEFH (for 60 ammo only) always rebuild your Major for 160 mp only and have him at least vet 2 wich gives 9 arty shells (vs 6 in vet 0)

PS3 How to be proficient on using Major recon?
One Plane (on vet 0 its always one) goes from you base sector to the point where you drop the recon flare. So there is the line from you base sector to you flare point. Thats it. The Major Recon pass is cheaper than same in some Doctrines. The Major recon pass reveales any concealed unit such as Snipers, Raketten or hidden Jpz4 for 50 ammo. SO you can smoke them if you plan to kill Ele or Jagd.

PS4 When your Jacksons or SHermans have no their specific job to do they should be decrewed. Scotts never, always on duty.

Do you have any replays, I'd be interested to see.
Usually I only use M10s when I know the other side is going Ele or KT and we have sufficient fuel and my team mates are going heavies too. This way when the KT is committed to an attack I usually flank them and surround it with my M10 pack. I find it a more reliable way to finishing it off than using Jackson to snipe. Especially when the KT is busy dealing with my team mates' heavies. But the tactic requires more open terrain maps and also team mates who understand what you are trying to do and can compliment.
8 Sep 2017, 09:01 AM
Donator 11

there is no relic staff still playing coh2.
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS