Login

russian armor

Fall Balance Preview

PAGES (17)down
18 Jul 2017, 11:49 AM

Definitely positive changes, however I must have missed things - I thought the community patch mod was supposed to become official once testing was done, like the Winter Balance Patch.

Anyway, good to see better balance coming up.
18 Jul 2017, 11:50 AM

It's disgusting that conscript and grenadier didn't get buffed, while broken WFA infantry is untouched (double bren, broken vet 5, ect...)

Not to mention that EFA have no decent late game compared to WFA, they really deserve the 200 damage for IS2/Tiger/OST Panther.
18 Jul 2017, 11:55 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

Definitely positive changes, however I must have missed things - I thought the community patch mod was supposed to become official once testing was done, like the Winter Balance Patch.

Anyway, good to see better balance coming up.

EFA was and is not an offical mod.

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jul 2017, 11:50 AMJubey
It's disgusting that conscript and grenadier didn't get buffed, while broken WFA infantry is untouched (double bren, broken vet 5, ect...)

Not to mention that EFA have no decent late game compared to WFA, they really deserve the 200 damage for IS2/Tiger/OST Panther.

The patch is focused on teamgames as Kyle wrote. Your changes would have big influence in 1vs1. Which was not the scope.

18 Jul 2017, 12:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jul 2017, 08:00 AMStark

Yeah but on some maps brits needs early antygarison unit. It;s easier now to get it early game and still have resources to get fast AT gun or AEC. It adds more options imo.

And 30 sec upgrade is still a good thing. First mortar volley won't be so deadly (cannot count when first mortar pit volley wiped my entire squad), 30 sec before it has his full potensial gives some time to respond. Again, more options to fight with, and 30 sec less annoying, not so great but it is still something.

Brits and garrisons are weird, they do still have their own "build garrison anywhere" trench so i be hard pressed to change things on that regard too much.

As for the first volley, assuming it is as deadly as you say it is, what's to stop me from hold fire the mortar till the upgrade is complete?

Make no mistake, I like the changes, but i think more is needed (like putting second mortar behind t3 tech or some such).

Too bad that most of the people that play the game aren't in the top 100 players.

But now I find absolutely no reason to pay standard mortar costs for something that's static.

The only thing which the pit had going for it was it's range, the double revaltively cheap cost for 2 mortars were negated by it's population cap and static nature while it's durability was thanks to it's fast earning vet, now with it gone what's the point?

Balance is centered around the top.

The mortarpit still outranges any axis mortar (ISG got nerfed too remember) still has brace and can still be upgraded for a measily 160 mp, giving it the same cheap cost for 2 mortars it had before.

I see no reason not to go mortar pit now.

Patrion 15

Wished they kept the all kübel changes

*Fail Balance Preview (next time take a closer look at big and small caps :P)

EDIT:

• Soviet captured or weapon teams in use have -2 population to match the population of other factions.

Does this means that a soviet player can get more popcap by having weapon teams in his base with only 1 member (1-2 popcap = -1 popcap)

So if you have 100maxims in base with only 1 member you will technically gain additional 100 popcap to use (200 total)

Or am I missing something ?
18 Jul 2017, 12:04 PM
Donator 22

It's nice to see that something is happening again. Although I don't really understand relics choice. For example, repair speed differences between factions is a major factor in team games as well as 1vs1. Why that was untouched together with caches is a big question mark for me.
I really hope relic would allow a monthly (or 2 months) patch cycle, there we could focus on smaller parts and correct mistakes faster. Not this gigantic patches every half year.
But to stop complaining, every sign of relic to further support CoH2 is more than welcome.
18 Jul 2017, 12:07 PM

The patch is focused on teamgames as Kyle wrote. Your changes would have big influence in 1vs1. Which was not the scope.

That's why they nerfed the only viable way to play soviet in 1v1 (Penal and Dshka nerf) without any compensation.
18 Jul 2017, 12:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jul 2017, 12:03 PMzarok47

Brits and garrisons are weird, they do still have their own "build garrison anywhere" trench so i be hard pressed to change things on that regard too much.

As for the first volley, assuming it is as deadly as you say it is, what's to stop me from hold fire the mortar till the upgrade is complete?

Make no mistake, I like the changes, but i think more is needed (like putting second mortar behind t3 tech or some such).

The mortarpit still outranges any axis mortar (ISG got nerfed too remember) still has brace and can still be upgraded for a measily 160 mp, giving it the same cheap cost for 2 mortars it had before.

I need something that's mobile god damn it, not a unit that requires babysitting in order to reach it's full potential. Plus we're basically paying the same price as a normal mortar, the only plus of the pit is probably the 2nd mortar for 160 mp but stil mobility is the name of the game, not being static.
18 Jul 2017, 12:23 PM

EDIT:

• Soviet captured or weapon teams in use have -2 population to match the population of other factions.

Does this means that a soviet player can get more popcap by having weapon teams in his base with only 1 member (1-2 popcap = -1 popcap)

So if you have 100maxims in base with only 1 member you will technically gain additional 100 popcap to use (200 total)

I probably would guess that a team has at least 1 pop, so if there are 3 people or less in the squad it will always have at least 1 pop.
But keep in mind we're talking about Relic here.

I can see the 50+ T34 spam coming because of 300 one manned Maxims in the Soviet Base.
18 Jul 2017, 12:26 PM

No POP CAP changes of USF vehicals.

No cost deacrease of M20...

Feelsbadman
18 Jul 2017, 12:28 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Feedback (pretty much what I gave re. original mod)

Ostwind is too strong - without terrain collision it both snipes individual men and squad KOs at long range or on retreat up close

Penal moving cooldown nerf is good

Dushka suppression nerf is noticeable, unsure if sufficient

LE.IG range is too short to be effective

Call-in cost changes are good, liking that it seems to be primarily a manpower premium so call-ins aren't a complete no-go; perhaps tweaking price more to further increase MP / reduce F premium would make for an interesting metagame / counterplay system

Bug

Tiger Ace costs 640MP only once BP3 is researched
18 Jul 2017, 12:37 PM

LOL @ everyone that dissed the 'community patch' as completely unsupported by Relic.

Guess what guys - further changes are coming to coh2...

whether you like it or not.
18 Jul 2017, 13:09 PM

EDIT:

This only affects non-soviet teamweapons.
Soviet team-weapons cost the same popcap as before.

Feedback (pretty much what I gave re. original mod)

Ostwind is too strong - without terrain collision it both snipes individual men and squad KOs at long range or on retreat up close

Penal moving cooldown nerf is good

Dushka suppression nerf is noticeable, unsure if sufficient

Call-in cost changes are good, liking that it seems to be primarily a manpower premium so call-ins aren't a complete no-go; perhaps tweaking price more to further increase MP / reduce F premium would make for an interesting metagame / counterplay system

Bug

Tiger Ace costs 640MP only once BP3 is researched

Thx.

Tiger Ace is in scope; we just didn't adjust it yet. However, we copied the price reduction thing from the mod before adjusting the price. Oops!

It's a shame you spilled the beans about Ostwind so quick though. I had been using the Ostwind as a classifier to separate people that had actually played the mod vs those that hadn't gone further than reading the patchnotes :(

Ostwind and Stug will be a pain. We can't adjust T3/T4 costs & Panther; therefore Stug has to remain OP for its cost. At the same the Ostwind in the revamp mod is mean to be facing different kind of adversaries (i.e., useful Soviet infantry that are not Penals, etc).

It's hard to make a right call about those two units yet, because our hands are tied behind our backs.

About Call-in changes, I think that the premium is both Fuel/Manpower, unless we failed to implement something properly. M10 was an exception (even more MP) because of the particular tier structure of USF (strong infantry & free squads). Anything else is a bug/not intended :O

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jul 2017, 12:03 PMzarok47

Having an indirect fire unit that can only be countered by other indirect fire is a fail at design, imo, as it leads to arty-fest.

Mobile indirect fire units should be at a disadvantage when attacking an immobile indirect-fire unit. That's because the mobile stuff can pack up any time and harass any part of the game.

At the same time, however, when you have 30-second Brace in the game, there's no point flanking the emplacements. So, that's a fail.

Unfortunately, we didn't manage to convince Relic that Mortar Pits need to be made actually vulnerable to infantry (and no; lava nades don't count; there's a faction that's called OST that doesn't have access to lava nades). At the same time Brace, Cancer Commander and Forward Assembly are all out of scope.

Let's see how that goes..
18 Jul 2017, 13:16 PM

Have i missed it? I dont see shock troops price reduction in this patch. Right now they are useless.
18 Jul 2017, 13:17 PM

https://www.coh2.org/replay/62369/fall-balance-preview

- ISG feels good but is spammable
- OKW still overruns everything
- Calliope is a joke
- Stuka is even better
- Kübel feels balanced
- JP4 + Volks + ISGs = <444>3 (no, seriously, how are you supposed to counter that?)
18 Jul 2017, 13:28 PM

- JP4 + Volks + ISGs = <444>3 (no, seriously, how are you supposed to counter that?)

USF can easly counter this.

Especiall when you have no FRP.

18 Jul 2017, 13:32 PM

- ISG feels good but is spammable
- OKW still overruns everything
- Calliope is a joke
- Stuka is even better
- Kübel feels balanced

Your fellow clanmate played awfully, by intention, play against a different team or clan then we could believe the geniunity of your hard effort.
18 Jul 2017, 13:33 PM

Permanently Banned
What the reason nerf AA centaur but not buff his speed ?
Still no nerf for OKW flayers in com panther docs, you think its balanced that you can use it in any part of map ?
Why ST still can wipe tanks and make engi crits ?
Maybe need change points for kv-2, make same like with another heavy tanks ?
Where pop cap change for valentine ? or 12 pop cap is okey for light tank ?
Where nerf to brumbar ?
Wehre buff to sivet m42 at gun ?
18 Jul 2017, 13:43 PM

Maybe need change points for kv-2, make same like with another heavy tanks ?

We've overlooked doublechecking CP requirements for heavy units. That could be a nice idea.

What the reason nerf AA centaur but not buff his speed ?
Still no nerf for OKW flayers in com panther docs, you think its balanced that you can use it in any part of map ?
Why ST still can wipe tanks and make engi crits ?
Where pop cap change for valentine ? or 12 pop cap is okey for light tank ?
Where nerf to brumbar ?
Wehre buff to sivet m42 at gun ?

Out of scope.
PAGES (17)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak