Login

russian armor

MG suppression bug

13 Jul 2017, 11:31 AM

So, in case you aren't aware of this, there's a bug in CoH2 that suppression penalties can sometimes remain permanently active on machineguns.

This has an effect that it can make MGs permanently unable to suppress, after the bug has happened (and no matter how many times you try to recrew the MG).

This bug has something to do with getting your MG suppressed, and failing to setup before suppression wears off. The bug, most likely, only affects non-deathloop affecting MGs (e.g., MG42, MG34 and Vickers), but I might be wrong.

My guess is that the bug may also affect mortar teams.

In the interest of testing a bugfix, we need to have precise reproduction steps for the bug. Can somebody help?
13 Jul 2017, 12:55 PM

willing to help if I can but will be away from Friday.
13 Jul 2017, 23:17 PM

Hi Smith, I am happy to test this over the weekend.

Just to be clear, the MG needs to come into cone of enemy fire, set up, fire back, retreat, and then have it try to suppress again?
14 Jul 2017, 03:17 AM

Decrew a pinned MG during its reload animation.

Replicated multiple times in Cheatmod.

Spawn an MG42, set it to vet 1 so you can manually trigger a reload animation.

Get the MG42 pinned. (teleport it into enemy base MG).

Force the MG into moving. It has to pack up and move. Being pinned forces it to set up, so running it into a base MG is reliable.

Right before it dies, fire incendiary rounds. Or just use cheatmod command to kill 1 entity to decrew mid animation.

Broken MG upon recrew.

I am pretty sure i would fire incendiary rounds mid pack-up/set-up as it died.

But I had 5 MG42s in a row that couldn't suppress a conscript squad.

They did deal damage still, however.
14 Jul 2017, 10:23 AM

So, in case you aren't aware of this, there's a bug in CoH2 that suppression penalties can sometimes remain permanently active on machineguns.

This has an effect that it can make MGs permanently unable to suppress, after the bug has happened (and no matter how many times you try to recrew the MG).

This bug has something to do with getting your MG suppressed, and failing to setup before suppression wears off. The bug, most likely, only affects non-deathloop affecting MGs (e.g., MG42, MG34 and Vickers), but I might be wrong.

My guess is that the bug may also affect mortar teams.

In the interest of testing a bugfix, we need to have precise reproduction steps for the bug. Can somebody help?

Yup, and I am 100% sure (because I have seen it multiple times already), that this bug also affects the OKW raketenwerfer (not sure about mortars tho)

You can count me in for helping you with this bug, I am available from Monday-Friday ~15:00-22:00 CEST (not available on the weekends until Sunday evening ~18:00 CEST)
14 Jul 2017, 13:39 PM

Had this happen to me before - thought I was going crazy when a Flamer Pio frontly burned down a stolen MG42 without being suppressed. Pretty sure I have that replay if it helps.

14 Jul 2017, 14:15 PM

I'll try an idea for a fix with the reproduction steps ZombiFrancis mentioned.

If somebody also comes up with an idea about how to reproduce the original case I mentioned (i.e., failing to setup while suppressed makes suppression permanent), please post it.

It might be that the fix I have in mind only addresses one of the bugs.
16 Jul 2017, 10:34 AM

Decrew a pinned MG during its reload animation.

Replicated multiple times in Cheatmod.

Spawn an MG42, set it to vet 1 so you can manually trigger a reload animation.

Get the MG42 pinned. (teleport it into enemy base MG).

Force the MG into moving. It has to pack up and move. Being pinned forces it to set up, so running it into a base MG is reliable.

Right before it dies, fire incendiary rounds. Or just use cheatmod command to kill 1 entity to decrew mid animation.

Broken MG upon recrew.

I am pretty sure i would fire incendiary rounds mid pack-up/set-up as it died.

But I had 5 MG42s in a row that couldn't suppress a conscript squad.

They did deal damage still, however.

I tried something like what you mentioned, but I couldn't reproduce the bug:
- Move a Vet1 MG42 in the line of fire of 3 MG42s
- My MG42 sets up automatically when pinned
- Just before the MG42 is about to go down I pop incendiary rounds
- My MG dies before the animation completes

However, it didn't work; the MG was functional in all cases.
16 Jul 2017, 10:40 AM

I tried reproducing the bug as well, but I couldn't reproduce it in the newest mod version. I thought it was just me not being through enough. @ZombiFrancis, do you mind sharing a replay of you reproducing it?
16 Jul 2017, 15:05 PM

I'll give it another shot. It worked for me consistently in the half hour I tested it earlier. :P

I tried reproducing the bug as well, but I couldn't reproduce it in the newest mod version. I thought it was just me not being through enough. @ZombiFrancis, do you mind sharing a replay of you reproducing it?

I'll re-enable them and see if I can get CoH2 to run. If so, yes.
16 Jul 2017, 15:21 PM
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS