Login

russian armor

A suggestion for FRP

23 Jun 2017, 20:00 PM

I'm curious, the only effective FRP in CoH was the British HQ truck, I understand that assisting blobbing altho you paid a hefty price for an infantry section.

But there were Riflemen, Airborne and Pioneer spam and blobs as well, not to mention the arguably most effective blob the of them all, the Panzergrenadier blob, yet they didn't have the assistance of FRP but then again were more or less effective. Has anyone ever thought that it's just how the game works?
23 Jun 2017, 20:08 PM

the Panzergrenadier blob

Strafe. :p

That got nerfed in 2.602 though iirc...
23 Jun 2017, 21:58 PM

The problem with recall ability implemented like that is that most people who are against removing FRPs, will see this pretty much in the same way as they would see complete removal.

With my solution, the player has a choice to play the way he did before - but with a handicap. This, in my opinion, solves the general problem of lower ranked players liking the way it is and higher ranked players opting for FRP removal. That is becouse with well chosen cost, using FRP like before will make sense only in lower ranked games and in higher ranked games it will be often toggled on and off, so will act somewhat similar to your idea. That way we get best of both worlds.

Yeah; I think I'm warming up to your idea a bit more. With a proper cost, it should probably keep everyone happy.
24 Jun 2017, 07:00 AM

Strafe. :p

That got nerfed in 2.602 though iirc...

Idk, it was still pretty effective last time I used it if I remember correctly.

My point being that FRPs or no such, blobs are still a very effective tactic, regardless. So I see little to no point in removing them.
24 Jun 2017, 15:16 PM

i want make a mod with different modes of FRP but Unfortunately i dont have know how
24 Jun 2017, 16:09 PM

Idk, it was still pretty effective last time I used it if I remember correctly.

My point being that FRPs or no such, blobs are still a very effective tactic, regardless. So I see little to no point in removing them.

I used it on some guy who was blob repairing his hetzer and wiped out every damn squad he had like 40 mins into the game. It was hilarious. It's still way better than the calliope or close air support commander strafes in coh2 (even taking into account that most infantry tends to die a lot faster in coh1).
24 Jun 2017, 20:36 PM

I used it on some guy who was blob repairing his hetzer and wiped out every damn squad he had like 40 mins into the game. It was hilarious. It's still way better than the calliope or close air support commander strafes in coh2 (even taking into account that most infantry tends to die a lot faster in coh1).

Used what, an artillery barrage?

And yeah lol, I learned it the hard way of either having only a single kettenkrad/PG squad repair the tank on the front if it was badly needed or pull back everybody to a safer distance and then tell them to all repair at once.

My PGs were too valuable to me, best infantry when fully upgraded in CoH in my opinion, sure they couldn't fly in or reinforce when not near a retreat point but they could repair and build stuff, or be as tough as Cross Holders, but given the right tools, veterancy and the use of a little bit of micro they could do wonders.

I loved charging Rangers with MP44 triple defensive vetted PGs and just seeing them rip them to shreds, any vehicle rushes were denied with the use of AT grenades, emplacements were burned out with flame grenades, AT guns were decrewed and opened up paths for Armor.

I loved playing Brits on the Allied side since I played the American Army so much when the game first came out that I kinda got sick of them, never liked the Wehrmacht's voices and uniforms, well, except for their more funny voices like Volks that is, but I'd never play an entire Army just for the funny voices of one squad and hoping I pick up the funny voices from other squads. Plus I loved the challenge of trying to play a defensive Brits, being the team's anvil so to speak, CoH 2's Brits have a more balanced approach towards their balance of not being too overly defensive which I prefer but oh well.

i want make a mod with different modes of FRP but Unfortunately i dont have know how

I'd teach you but sadly I don't have the time.

You can google for instructions tho, and watch YouTube videos. I highly recommend eliw00d's channel for that.
25 Jun 2017, 15:21 PM

I'd teach you but sadly I don't have the time.

You can google for instructions tho, and watch YouTube videos. I highly recommend eliw00d's channel for that.

i think i should follow tiger ace specifics. tiger ace have resource penalties and i can learn somethings.
25 Jun 2017, 16:11 PM

Used what, an artillery barrage?

And yeah lol, I learned it the hard way of either having only a single kettenkrad/PG squad repair the tank on the front if it was badly needed or pull back everybody to a safer distance and then tell them to all repair at once.

My PGs were too valuable to me, best infantry when fully upgraded in CoH in my opinion, sure they couldn't fly in or reinforce when not near a retreat point but they could repair and build stuff, or be as tough as Cross Holders, but given the right tools, veterancy and the use of a little bit of micro they could do wonders.

I loved charging Rangers with MP44 triple defensive vetted PGs and just seeing them rip them to shreds, any vehicle rushes were denied with the use of AT grenades, emplacements were burned out with flame grenades, AT guns were decrewed and opened up paths for Armor.

I loved playing Brits on the Allied side since I played the American Army so much when the game first came out that I kinda got sick of them, never liked the Wehrmacht's voices and uniforms, well, except for their more funny voices like Volks that is, but I'd never play an entire Army just for the funny voices of one squad and hoping I pick up the funny voices from other squads. Plus I loved the challenge of trying to play a defensive Brits, being the team's anvil so to speak, CoH 2's Brits have a more balanced approach towards their balance of not being too overly defensive which I prefer but oh well.

No, it was the p47 machine gun strafe, I swear.

Pgrens would get a little ridiculous when you sank enough fuel into their upgrades. I still have ptsd or something from when like 6-8 fully upgraded, vet3 squads would charge headfirst into multiple machine guns and just run them over without even getting suppressed.

I loved the commandos in coh1. So many good memories from dropping them in on some poor, unsuspecting wehr players' defensive line and absolutely ripping it to pieces while my infantry sections move up the field.
25 Jun 2017, 18:54 PM

Ferwiner mod will be ready soon
25 Jun 2017, 19:40 PM

i think i should follow tiger ace specifics. tiger ace have resource penalties and i can learn somethings.

Yeah, that might be a good idea, it's from where we all started as modders.

No, it was the p47 machine gun strafe, I swear.

Pgrens would get a little ridiculous when you sank enough fuel into their upgrades. I still have ptsd or something from when like 6-8 fully upgraded, vet3 squads would charge headfirst into multiple machine guns and just run them over without even getting suppressed.

I loved the commandos in coh1. So many good memories from dropping them in on some poor, unsuspecting wehr players' defensive line and absolutely ripping it to pieces while my infantry sections move up the field.

Ah, didn't get that.

And yeah haha that's why I loved playing with them, versatility was the name of the game.

As for the Brits, I just loved playing with Royal Engineers, Idk why, probably because of the enhanced defense, resources and pop cap as well as hull down, I love my mobile kangaroo trenches and the CoH 2 doctrine was one of my favorite ones as well until I got the more premium ones. That AVRE was mad on release.
26 Jun 2017, 01:36 AM

I think this suggestion is at least worth testing, balancing something is 100% better than out right removal, period. Every time something gets radically changed in this game things just get worse or dumber problems pop up.

Since the hate seems to be on blobs (which is justified) why don't we focus on dealing with the issue of blobbing first.

FRP is not the cause of blobs but only exacerbates it, we should fix the root issue of blobbing first (I don't pretend know how, maybe debuff or something). Before going off and removing or changing things. Maybe an easy answer would be to lock the FRP purchase upgrade behind T4, so at least when blobbing does start to ramp up with FRP it should be easier to deal with. But again that wont fix the issue which is known as blobbing.

Blobbing should still be possible for new players who lack the micro ability to play correctly, but it has to really not pay off to do. Longer retreat times is a good argument but in larger games with lots of players wont be effective on smaller maps (like the port or hill 400).
26 Jun 2017, 08:16 AM
Senior Editor Badge

1. FRPs should take percent of your resources while active - what kind of resources and how much is up to a debate but I guess half of fuel or half of munition would be fair.

Yeah; I think I'm warming up to your idea a bit more. With a proper cost, it should probably keep everyone happy.

Good idea. However, reducing fuel might not be the best idea because this could lead to more blobs. I'd say reduction in manpower and/or munition would be best. The first would actively reduce the MP available for blobs, the latter would reduce the blobs effectiveness.

I guess one of the concerns was that OKW FRP can come very early, and I had some suggestions for that, but Ferwiner's suggestion tackles that as well: Early FRP means early bleed of whatever resource...

26 Jun 2017, 09:25 AM

Yeah, that might be a good idea, it's from where we all started as modders.

i add a manpower penalty to OKW, USF and UKF but i have a little problem: how can i add cooldown to FRP ?

26 Jun 2017, 09:56 AM

My only hope is this never seeing this live. The way you try to punish FRP use has little to do with Balance...
26 Jun 2017, 15:51 PM

i add a manpower penalty to OKW, USF and UKF but i have a little problem: how can i add cooldown to FRP ?

Uhhhh, see the ability's cost section, I think there was a cooldown in there somewhere.
26 Jun 2017, 17:04 PM

Uhhhh, see the ability's cost section, I think there was a cooldown in there somewhere.

there is dont exist cooldown, its weird.
26 Jun 2017, 20:34 PM

there is dont exist cooldown, its weird.

It should be something with a big number like 600 or 300 or something like that, a big number, to represent the amount of in-game time to real time if you understand what I mean.
26 Jun 2017, 20:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jun 2017, 01:36 AMNano
I think this suggestion is at least worth testing, balancing something is 100% better than out right removal, period. Every time something gets radically changed in this game things just get worse or dumber problems pop up.

Since the hate seems to be on blobs (which is justified) why don't we focus on dealing with the issue of blobbing first.

FRP is not the cause of blobs but only exacerbates it, we should fix the root issue of blobbing first (I don't pretend know how, maybe debuff or something). Before going off and removing or changing things. Maybe an easy answer would be to lock the FRP purchase upgrade behind T4, so at least when blobbing does start to ramp up with FRP it should be easier to deal with. But again that wont fix the issue which is known as blobbing.

Blobbing should still be possible for new players who lack the micro ability to play correctly, but it has to really not pay off to do. Longer retreat times is a good argument but in larger games with lots of players wont be effective on smaller maps (like the port or hill 400).

Maybe add a penalty for units clumped together? Say any squad that overlaps another squads gets some cover penalty (like decreases green cover to yellow cover) or the rate of fire is slowed...?
26 Jun 2017, 21:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jun 2017, 20:41 PMGhostTX

Maybe add a penalty for units clumped together? Say any squad that overlaps another squads gets some cover penalty (like decreases green cover to yellow cover) or the rate of fire is slowed...?

What if you want to put two units in limited green cover together though (say, a couple tombstones or one sandbag wall)?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★