Login

russian armor

OKW back to stone age?

12 Jun 2017, 09:53 AM

When somebody is in the business of creating rumours, you should always be asking for some sort of evidence; not jumping on the rumour bandwagon. Otherwise, you're simply taken in for a ride.

Nevertheless, I still don't see any mention of "veterancy" or the number "5" in this thread.
12 Jun 2017, 10:23 AM

When somebody is in the business of creating rumours, you should always be asking for some sort of evidence; not jumping on the rumour bandwagon. Otherwise, you're simply taken in for a ride.

Nevertheless, I still don't see any mention of "veterancy" or the number "5" in this thread.

The OP states that the balance team is 'removing additional vet' for OKW. I'd simply like to know where on this site the suggested changes are so I can make my own assumptions
12 Jun 2017, 10:52 AM

The OP states that the balance team is 'removing additional vet' for OKW. I'd simply like to know where on this site the suggested changes are so I can make my own assumptions

OK, now I see this. It wasn't written properly, so I didn't parse it correctly on the first few times.

Nevertheless, all I have to say is:
- We've never discussed our precise plans about OKW to the OP
- In fact, we don't even know who the OP is
- Thus, the OP has no clue about what we're doing, and he's simply starting rumours
- If the OP wanted to state what he believes we are up to, he should have mentioned "I don't know what the balance team are up to; however, my guess is that..."

As a community, at the very least we should grow the reflexes to:
- Question rumours presented as facts
- Don't jump in on the rumour wagon before you request the source for the information
- If you want to spread what you believe is valid information, always reference the original source, so that others can judge it
- Be as specific as possible and avoid using ambiguous terms (e.g,. "homogenization" means different things to different people)
- At absolutely every cost, do not amplify rumours

(This applies to real life as well).
12 Jun 2017, 12:56 PM

OK, now I see this. It wasn't written properly, so I didn't parse it correctly on the first few times.

Nevertheless, all I have to say is:
- We've never discussed our precise plans about OKW to the OP
- In fact, we don't even know who the OP is
- Thus, the OP has no clue about what we're doing, and he's simply starting rumours
- If the OP wanted to state what he believes we are up to, he should have mentioned "I don't know what the balance team are up to; however, my guess is that..."

As a community, at the very least we should grow the reflexes to:
- Question rumours presented as facts
- Don't jump in on the rumour wagon before you request the source for the information
- If you want to spread what you believe is valid information, always reference the original source, so that others can judge it
- At absolutely every cost, do not amplify rumours

(This applies to real life as well).

Alright well, I agree with that. I don't care much what you do in terms of creating what you think is 'balance' within the game, as long as the you (the balance team) gets consensus from the majority of the community and avoid just putting the changes in cus you think that's best.
12 Jun 2017, 13:39 PM

So according to these empirical data, they are the most played faction and yet the weakest one. And there are more nerfs coming too, the removal of the addition vet levels, nerfing their heavies into uselesness etc.

SU's Tier 1 is one reason, USF zook spam and arty is another. Brit's tommies and ultra-fast teching is another major contributing factor. How do we fix this? Should relic nerf those OP things or buff OKW?

The data doesn't say that at all. If you considered this an experiment, there would be three test factors (faction, player, and map). Win/loss is nominal data so you can't do an actual statistical analysis on it, but even if you were able to change it to something that you could, the strongest effect would be player followed by map. Hans made UKF look ok, VonIvan did the same for Soviet, DevM and Luvnest both did the same for USF. DevM, Luvnest, VonIvan and Hans are OP, and make whatever they're playing look OP.

12 Jun 2017, 14:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jun 2017, 13:39 PMGrumpy

The data doesn't say that at all. If you considered this an experiment, there would be three test factors (faction, player, and map). Win/loss is nominal data so you can't do an actual statistical analysis on it, but even if you were able to change it to something that you could, the strongest effect would be player followed by map. Hans made UKF look ok, VonIvan did the same for Soviet, DevM and Luvnest both did the same for USF. DevM, Luvnest, VonIvan and Hans are OP, and make whatever they're playing look OP.

So every allied winrate got pushed by good players? Damn it, axis is indeed way too stronk!
12 Jun 2017, 14:17 PM

I just hope that the Super-TDs don't get nerfed too heavily, that would be the end of Axis in team games. Good luck fighting Fireflies, SUs and even Jacksons with squishy units with lower range.
12 Jun 2017, 14:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jun 2017, 14:17 PMGarrett
I just hope that the Super-TDs don't get nerfed too heavily, that would be the end of Axis in team games. Good luck fighting Fireflies, SUs and even Jacksons with squishy units with lower range.

Super TDs completely ruin balance.

JT/Ele on Hill 400? sucks to be allies "gg"
JT/Ele on Redball? sucks to be allies "gg"
JT/Ele on Minsk? sucks tob be allies "gg"
JT/Ele on Rhzev? sucks tob be allies "gg"
JT/Ele on Crossing? sucks to be allies "gg"
JT/Ele on Hamburg? sucks to be allies "gg"
JT/Ele on Lanzerath? sucks to be allies "gg"
12 Jun 2017, 14:50 PM

JT/Ele on Crossing? sucks tob be allies "gg"
JT/Ele on Hamburg? sucks tob be allies "gg"
JT/Ele on Lanzerath? sucks tob be allies "gg"

Nerf it and see what happens I guess. could mean balance, could mean Allies OP because the super-medium spam
12 Jun 2017, 14:58 PM

super-medium spam

You mean Panther spam?
12 Jun 2017, 14:59 PM

You mean Panther spam?

Seems like you play too much 3v3s and 4v4s. Those game modes are hopelessly lost anyways.
12 Jun 2017, 16:18 PM

It is truly a shame that okw lost its vanilla resource system, one of the features that made the faction so unique.

Okw right know isnt a weak faction at all, it has two fatal weaknesses tho and those are hmg spam and if it loses the first tank. Hmg spam everyone knows that is very hard to deal with specially in maps with a lot of garrisons, something that would help with hmg spam whould be if sturms had a smoke grenade instead of the useless conclusion grenade but at the same time this would make sturms carry even more weight and make them even more a vital squad and even game breaker if the sturms are lost in the early game. Regarding the tank situation... everyone knows if you lose that first tank you are pretty much f*cked because there isnt a reliable infantry based anti-tank counter. Sturms panzerschreck is, again, pretty useless against something heavier than light armor and the raketen isnt great either. Maybe doulbe panzerschrecks would make a lot more sense in sturms or in obers than in panzergrenadiers, just saying...
13 Jun 2017, 03:12 AM

So every allied winrate got pushed by good players? Damn it, axis is indeed way too stronk!

I realize you're just trolling, but I'll point out something that should have been obvious to you. DevM and Luvnest were 13-0 as USF. All players not named DevM or Luvnest were 7-15 (32%). Those two players took USF from the worst win rate to the best.
13 Jun 2017, 12:42 PM

JT/Ele on Crossing? sucks to be allies "gg"
JT/Ele on Hamburg? sucks to be allies "gg"
JT/Ele on Lanzerath? sucks to be allies "gg"

...Your streaks say otherwise.
13 Jun 2017, 14:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jun 2017, 12:42 PMI984

Touché
13 Jun 2017, 14:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jun 2017, 12:42 PMI984

Perhaps it's because we get randoms in about 90% of our games. Needless to say the majority of won games in our streak comes from a time when comets actually had 50 range and arty cover was still useful.
13 Jun 2017, 14:57 PM

Perhaps it's because we get randoms in about 90% of our games. Needless to say the majority of won games in our streak comes from a time when comets actually had 50 range and arty cover was still useful.

I don't care about team games, but if you say that pre-nerf comets and insta-crit arty cover was balanced then you probably got carried by units instead of skills.
13 Jun 2017, 16:10 PM

if you say that pre-nerf comets and insta-crit arty cover was balanced

Can't find that passage.
13 Jun 2017, 16:51 PM

majority of won games in our streak comes from a time when comets actually had 50 range and arty cover was still useful.[/quote]

Emphasis on "useful"
13 Jun 2017, 18:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jun 2017, 04:11 AMDanielD

This is real. I say this knowing that I'm not that good, nor as good as I used to be, but when I watch the top level players, they really don't play optimally. So even at the highest levels it's hard to glean what the balance is truly like since half the top players aren't using hotkeys to micro vehicles(!!).

I know the stock response on these forums is "well most people are casuals so lets balance for the casuals" . However, I think it's okay that there's some niche games that still have a high skill ceiling, and are balanced around that skill ceiling. If the game is made too easy then there's nothing to strive for.

To tie this back to the main topic: I really feel like the struggles against OKW are a combination of OKW being easy to make mistakes on compared to the other factions, and an L2P issue.

Ding ding ding. CoH2 and the franchise as a whole has an absolutely huge skill ceiling. The sheer level of nuances that players can utilize is immense.

The problem is that most of these nuances are not intuitive at all, such as how front and rear armor actually works, (also is there still the loadscreen tool tip that says there's side armor in the game?)

The various versions of the same weapon like stgs and ptrs, or the cloaking rules that govern snipers are likewise things that are hard to figure out without analyzing game files and so on.

The plethora of unique game mechanics, from infantry squads to suppression and cover, are unfortunately constantly overshadowed or rendered insignificant in the face of broken units, factions, and an extremely dumbed down playing field. (By which I mean maps and their lack of variable resources and cutoffs).
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS