Login

russian armor

Playing as USF is unfun anymore

9 Jun 2017, 15:57 PM

Thanks for the feedback - RE zooks to push an early advantage and tech to major and Captain/Stuart if you want a more conservative approach (or if you want to stall for Call-Ins)?

Won't you get run over by the first panzer if you go capt/stu though? I mean, that puts you at a huge fuel disadvantage. I usually go airborne and captain so I can have all the team weapons if I so need them.
9 Jun 2017, 16:04 PM

The troll has come:
Saying about my rank when you don't have the balls to display yours.

Yeah, constructive much?

There is my playercard shown in literally every single post i made on this website. :rofl:

and my rank doesn't matter anyway because I AM NOT THE ONE COMPLAINING.

it's not trolling, and nothing personnal but the amount of "unranked" people who come here and say I KNOW WHAT IS WRONG WITH COH2 is hilarious, so once a while someone proud enough take the time to remind them who they are.
9 Jun 2017, 16:43 PM

There is my playercard shown in literally every single post i made on this website. :rofl:

and my rank doesn't matter anyway because I AM NOT THE ONE COMPLAINING.

it's not trolling, and nothing personnal but the amount of "unranked" people who come here and say I KNOW WHAT IS WRONG WITH COH2 is hilarious, so once a while someone proud enough take the time to remind them who they are.

Yeah, 0. As for my ranking, fine, once I have any will left to play USF. It's been a while since I last played the faction, but ok fine. Armor company grinding it is. Oh btw, when I complained about Land Lease meta am I the only one who noticed that or you want to say since I'm ranked 1000 with Sovs you would say to me to fuck off. Yeah, totally.
9 Jun 2017, 16:43 PM

Won't you get run over by the first panzer if you go capt/stu though? I mean, that puts you at a huge fuel disadvantage. I usually go airborne and captain so I can have all the team weapons if I so need them.

I think you'd only build Stuart if you see Luches for sure as a reactionary counter - my recent experience shows that preemptive Stuart with no Luches just results in what you described since Stuart doesn't give you enough map pressure to justify building it on its own. Once you see Luches you know you have some time when you don't have to worry about PZ4.
9 Jun 2017, 17:00 PM

USF against OST is fine even if it's a tad frustrating playing against a sniper every time. USF against OKW is possible but is more of a chore then a fun match. USF is in a good spot with some tuning here and there and maybe even shuffling some units around in the tech tree. It's more of OKW having balance issues then USF being under powered.
9 Jun 2017, 17:01 PM

since I'm ranked 1000 with Sovs you would say to me to fuck off. Yeah, totally.

+1

at rank 1000, you have right to tell everyone your point of view but you got to understand it's not interesting.

So for conservativ reason, i wouldn't specifically tell you to fuck off if you were saying something on soviet now but you got the idea indeed :)
9 Jun 2017, 17:09 PM

Come play USF in top 300 and come back.

Post your playercard and come back
9 Jun 2017, 17:37 PM

USF against OST is fine even if it's a tad frustrating playing against a sniper every time. USF against OKW is possible but is more of a chore then a fun match. USF is in a good spot with some tuning here and there and maybe even shuffling some units around in the tech tree. It's more of OKW having balance issues then USF being under powered.

Took the words right out of my mouth. OKW/Brits are plague in their current state. I rather fight OST than OKW with Sov/USF unless I go Brits to outOP OKW.
9 Jun 2017, 17:41 PM

Post your playercard and come back

Look at signature. I looked at yours as well and barely any games as Allies. Playing OKW but no OST.

+1

at rank 1000, you have right to tell everyone your point of view but you got to understand it's not interesting.

So for conservativ reason, i wouldn't specifically tell you to fuck off if you were saying something on soviet now but you got the idea indeed :)

So why not ask the pros whether Land Lease is balanced? :)
9 Jun 2017, 17:53 PM

Look at signature. I looked at yours as well and barely any games as Allies. Playing OKW but no OST.

So why not ask the pros whether Land Lease is balanced? :)

that's what i am asking for since the beggining.
Let the 'pro' talk on balance.

IMO balance part of this forum should be locked to top 100 player, so that it doesn't get polluted with this kind of thread.

9 Jun 2017, 19:12 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Modh: Since it seems that you kinda get to an agreement or common point, can we go back into topic instead of discussing playercards?

One thing to mention: why on earth is this thread not on the ballance forums?

Unless OP can correct me, it's not equal to discuss that something is "unfun" than something is imba. USF can be UP or OP, but enjoyment is completely different. Think about been a single trick pony which is OP but all other options been lackluster.
9 Jun 2017, 20:01 PM

yeah what on earth happened with usf ?? fif they get nerfed the over the last week ?
9 Jun 2017, 20:10 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Ontopic:

USF gets a strong/balanced early-mid game which starts to drop off hard into the late game. This strong early presence is in some way or another achieved through the extra squad gained upon teching (lt or cpt) and preserving vet with Rifles.
1v1 you'll see Armor/Pershing commander with some slight variations depending on map (Rifle company/Dodge) and opening. For teamgames, the only worthy thing that USF brings is basically CalliOP, specially on maps which you can't use Jacksons or Shermans due to mobility.

Power level of lights is fine. Transition to late-end game, indirect fire (besides CalliOP) and AT are the main problems (on non open maps).

IMO, things to fix/tweak:
Popcap: reduce popcap on major/ambulance but normalise it with giving crews an increased pop. Crews can be dismissed in case they are not needed, instead of having to suicide them.

LT: bar behind upgrade but give the LT some proper abilities instead of been a Rifleman squad with sprint on vet.

Pack Howie: MOAR. Shells. On. Barrage. This in combination with Major arty, should be the main stock late game indirect options.

AT gun: i think the weapon is mostly fine, specially against mediums. But once heavier armor appears, even using AP rounds will only bring it on the same level as other AT guns penetration which can feel frustrating at times.
Would it make it OP giving the AP rounds a 50% deflection damage (80dmg)? It could be tweaked to reduce RoF (0.5s) to be equal to pak40 to balance it out.

Jackson: +20 HP or even +2HP.

CalliOP: make it work similar to Katyusha. Power comes from the "undodgeable" first barrage.

Opening and viable commanders: lower CP on certain units and buff/change those forgotten abilities.

Fun late game stock artillery option: delayed fuse HE barrage on Scott would be OP ?
9 Jun 2017, 20:53 PM

My USF needed

Faster rifle nade and remove min range

Mortar 70 range

decrease cost and popcap for all light vehicals

Jackson - MOAR accuracy and faster aim time

Good AT gun.

Fix officers reinforce price.
9 Jun 2017, 21:01 PM

Ontopic:

Snip

Pretty on point

- Elite Crews - I don't think it'll ever be useful honestly. I would rather just see it replaced with something new or a better ability like Combined Arms which would fit in with the Armor motif
- I&R - Cloak on the Move would be dangerous I think given the potency of the Arty they call in - I think you'd need to tweak the Arty itself so to avoid Arty cheese you can never see coming. If anything just give them some variation of Pathfinder sniping to make them not complete garbage as a combat unit and a one trick pony.

Additions - M3 Halftrack - buff it's HP and Armor to M5 levels.

Scott - HE Barrage as new Vet 1 might be good if it keeps its current barrage cooldown that takes ages - otherwise you could just decrease the barrage cool-down or buff the auto attack range a smidge so that it can actually counter PAKs.
9 Jun 2017, 21:42 PM

Additions - M3 Halftrack - buff it's HP and Armor to M5 levels.

Cost should come down too or a health upgrade should be available, otherwise its just an M5 that costs more and doesn't have the quadmount option
9 Jun 2017, 21:52 PM

The people who said that why shouldn't this thread be in balance forums, I didn't because it's not unit specific or saying certain units need buffs(not that I wantes to go into details) . I'm saying that USF is still viable, but that viablity is extremely limited like OKW, only 1-2 docs are viable with extremely low variations in build order. Do this, build that, micro more and if you fail well have fun getting stomped late game. Hell my friend who plays team games says USF is deadweight unless they go CalliOP(the OP unit supporting an otherwise OK roster). Tbh, I feel that vs Wehr I feel fun playing, moving around MGs, sniper(though frustrating) with transition to late game. Vs OKW, I feel that even one little slip up will cost me the game. Feels like fighting Brits with Wehr at times. OKW is such a frustrating faction to play against with a desperate race to beat them before they enter late game. Unlike Wehr's late game where I feel disadvantaged but I feel I have a chance. Not like OKW with infantry walking with vet 4-5 or tanks that will bitchslap any USF tank with any vet they gain, making a binary game of kill them before they even get there or die trying. If I had an option, I would disable matchmaking vs Brits/OKW all together. Brits is also another faction that is PITA to fight against, topped with layers upon layers of bad designs, takes numerous nerfs to even bring them to acceptable levels. OKW is just a chore to fight without abusing every single shit you have. Land Lease, Armor Company, CalliOP are all band aids because every aingle other commander gets dumpstered on.

There, I said it. Feel free to disagree, I don't take insults personally either way.
9 Jun 2017, 22:31 PM

USF is fine in 2s with my experience but suck in 3s 4s unless they get Calliopes. Can't vouch for 1s
10 Jun 2017, 05:04 AM

stop being deluded ffs, USF is powerful in both early and mid game. Just late game ther weak because jackson is burdened to do all the AT

Also hurts that the Jackson can be so mediocre to below average at times.
10 Jun 2017, 05:08 AM

USF has no good qualities about it.

IMO the Sherman is still a really good tank, its super versatile, but its lack of good support units causes it to flop sometimes
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 43
United Kingdom 21
Germany 35

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak