Login

russian armor

Eastern Front Armies Revamp

PAGES (56)down
27 Jun 2017, 20:54 PM

Assault officer
To further encourage the use of the assault officer and his role, we have reduced the cost of his coordinated barrage significantly. Furthermore, we have added a new ability which allows the artillery officer to disrupt and destroy defensive position. Smoke will still remain the cheapest option, however.

-Victor Target to 50 munitions
-New ability: Heavy Mortar barrage. 6 shells. 50 munitions. Uses 120mm mortar rounds.

So to clarify, does the victor target allow an Ostheer player to have all their on-field Mortars to attack, say, a Mortar Pit outside their range to bombard them safely? As someone who admittedly isn't a regular Ostheer Player, I'm excited about this change!

May the nerf-fest end and the fun restoring buffs (For all sides) begin! :D
27 Jun 2017, 21:06 PM
Developer Relic Badge

So to clarify, does the victor target allow an Ostheer player to have all their on-field Mortars to attack, say, a Mortar Pit outside their range to bombard them safely? As someone who admittedly isn't a regular Ostheer Player, I'm excited about this change!

It allows all artillery units to fire a barrage that does not share a cooldown with the regular barrage. Generally this barrage does have increased range it gains no veterancy bonuses.

Note the officer must get into range and it only affects the player's own units.
27 Jun 2017, 21:10 PM

So in other words, anything killed by this ability doesn't contribute to a Units's XP? What about CP?

And of course, I knew the Officer needs to be in range to activate it. lol. Much like the CoH1 British Captain.
27 Jun 2017, 22:30 PM
Donator 22

The additional range you get is not what huge. You pay 50 mun to get another mortar barrage, and its in no way worth it. Note, if you use the ability at outside of the firing range of your arty they move in and start barraging from max distance hence the spread is insane. Nothing has changed expect the price so everything I said earlier still stands:

Coordinated Fire 80 mun
How it works: all artillery, mortars, and rockets in range will immediately fire on the target, regardless of cooldown. Basically, you can bypass the cooldown on your Panzerwerfer or LeFH for 80 mun.
Not only is it incredibly expensive it's also one of the most useless and circumstantial abilities in the whole game. To get more use out of it, then an 80 mun mortar barrage you need to tech T4 for the Panzerwerfer which by itself is a rare unit in 1vs1s. And even if you manage to get to this rare case scenario you can bypass 30-50 sec of Barrage cooldown for the insane price of 80 mun. To consider is also, that you will probably fire your barrage at max range, due to the fragile nature of the Panzerwerfer, so the scatter is insane.
Conclusion: Useless, overpriced and circumstantial.
27 Jun 2017, 22:33 PM
Donator 22

So in other words, anything killed by this ability doesn't contribute to a Units's XP? What about CP?

And of course, I knew the Officer needs to be in range to activate it. lol. Much like the CoH1 British Captain.

I am pretty sure the artillery piece gets vet like normal. Only the ability from the officier doesnt get changed with vet. Nothing is actually fired by the ability. It just triggers your mortars, panzerwerfers and LefH to close in too max range and then start firing a certain amount of shots independent of their own barrage cooldown.
27 Jun 2017, 22:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jun 2017, 16:59 PMBizrock
I liked almost ALL of the proposed changes
One thing that I would wish is that we could change the keys of the game. There are a lot of keys that I would like to change for QoL. Is that hard?

That would help a lot of players with micro-managing. There is some keys that are stupid, like the big Map being at numberpad 0.
27 Jun 2017, 23:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jun 2017, 22:41 PMBizrock

That would help a lot of players with micro-managing. There is some keys that are stupid, like the big Map being at numberpad 0.

Unfortunately, most of the keys are hardcoded. There's absolutely nothing we can do to change them in our mod.

However, certain ability keys/etc are not hardcoded (e.g., the ability keys that appear in the grid map). Unfortunately, this doesn't cover the reverse button either.
28 Jun 2017, 00:55 AM

What about Sector Artillery? This ability is pretty much nonexistent since its completely map dependent due to it limited to a sector. Curious if it be better to replace it with zero arty.
28 Jun 2017, 05:02 AM

Guys, could you kindly stop trying to derail the thread?

Anybody that claims that EFA Revamp fallschirmjaegers lose to standard infantry in the mod, obviously hasn't played the mod.

People that are trying to bullshit you, obviously do not deserve your attention; so stop giving them your attention and they will go away.

vet 3 double bar rifle beat fallshimjager and are laughable against vet 3 double bren tommies...........please test it yourself
28 Jun 2017, 05:30 AM

You say you aren't a fan of historical accuracy but complain that falls lose to standard infantry with like 120 muni in weapon upgrades. That doesn't add up. What do you mean by "the power level is too similar" though? Are you referring to the above about falls and obers?

It's not really "derailing", because I'm responding to your comments pertaining to balance, unless your views of historical accuracy shouldn't have any bearings on balance.

dude omg did anyone asked for cost really its bullshit thing to mask unit's nerfs and buffs first of all cost only delays the unit from attaining its maximum power level for examle rifle cost only 280 mp and 120 munition but people you can see in matches always go for it why..?? because it quickly pays for itself the thing that matters is perfomance per popcap which you are getting....i dont want obers and falls to get cheaper make them more expenisve if they want but they should be given the advanatge of their role and the popcap perfomance.

and for mr.smith comment he should test stuff himself vs making any acquisition vet 5 falls do lose to rifles 3 vet double bar at medium range.. and tommies vet 3 double bren 5 man ahiliate them while lose vet 5 ober(thins yo u will rarely see) but obers only 1 have model elf with a sliver of health left...............in both cases they lose to stantadry infy wiht lesser popcaps while being more expenisve,more popcap and are dedicated anti infy
28 Jun 2017, 05:50 AM

If we're talking five levels of veterancy:

Five levels of veterancy should have never put OKW above other units after their initial change from the resource-starved faction to what we had in December 2015. It should have put them on-par, but give them additional tricks and abilities to help them out. OKW don't cost more than the other side as part of a random mark-up. Their cost is based on their performance in-game and has been adjusted to such.

You still have the flavor of veterancy 5 and you get things that most units either need an upgrade or doctrine to get. Paratroopers need LMGs to get suppression abilities. Obers get that as part of their veterancy package in Revamp that you can use to turn the tide without taking away any of their combat bonuses that they would get later on which are on-par with EFA.

Veteran Jagdpanzers are still lethal when attacking from ambush, but there is no justification for why that a level 5 Jagdpanzer should deal 400+ damage from stealth which is more than a Jagdtiger or Elefant.

are you gonna give okw sniper,mortar,better commander abilites because they dont seem to have any asymmetry advantage over other factions now and the nerfing of units isn't helping it either...
in the end yo u can defend this all you want if these changes go live somehow the winrate will speak for themselves and the near nonexistent use of units like jadtiger,sturmtiger...etc

although i do aprreicate some of the qol cahnges and changes to chesse like demo's...if only they weren't to mask axis nerfs
nee
28 Jun 2017, 07:50 AM

^
That should apply to ALL factions who can acess FRP .
Let's see how this change going when mod team move to USF and British .
I agree, but I would want the penalty to vary; British probably shouldn't have a severe a degree on manpower penalty, for instance, since it's pretty tough to blob or even win the game through infantry and FRP. USF probably should have a greater penalty since their option comes via a mobile 3-man squad that can not only gain veterancy and use abilities but can lock down sectors.

Not sure about 222's planting riegels. 222 is already a default build choice for OH, this commander ability risks pushing the halftrack even futher out as a choice during gameplay.

I.e. this makes halftrack even more unattractive?

On the other hand, mine-laying 222 is definitely attractive.

I think a suitable compromise is to simply unlock Riegels for both vehicles; so if you go either way you can access this (situational) doctrinal option.

Look, the only reasons they are using some of these out-of-this-world ideas is because they have no other options; there are not any balance mods on the steam workshop and they are damn certain they are not willing to spend money on a professional balance designer.

So they are doing this out of desperation.
Umm no, they just want their own ideas of the game to be THE idea for the game.
Which is far worse if what you say is true, the last thing a game needs are changes due to "desperation".

Actually keeping it as a mod is much better than trying to pitch it for live game, for the simple reason that you are in a much better position to craft the mod for certain conditions that, on a universal level, subjects it to consistency and scale problems. For example this mod may be great for 1v1 but horrible for 4v4, so naturally you ignore the latter and design the mod to optimize the conditions for 1v1. For 4v4, you merely create a similar mod scaled for larger player teams and map size, without the burden of also having to account for the opposite effect that is 1v1 stuff.

Single biggest problem is that this mod is geared for a particular POV of how the game should be. If it stays as an "official mod" then it has both benefits of being official but only as a mod. You fix only what is broke, and at the same time don't do it in someone else's back yard. They already do tournaments via mods so I hardly think there is any need for pushing these changes to become live game, that honestly smacks of arrogance.
nee
28 Jun 2017, 07:54 AM

I think so: I once played a match just to see what range bonus for this ability is for mortars and panzerwerfers; IIRC the results were inconsistent, as in the mortar has a 50% additional range bonus, whereas panzerwerfer had none.

It doesn't really matter, the new ability clearly makes the unit more relevant than the former ability, and having a panzerwerfer and mortar attack something at the same time is already easily achieved without the unit. Even if you played with mods that increased income and popcap to allow for more units, several mortars and panzerwers firing at one hing at once was hardly impressive. For leFH, it is obviously limited to whether you chose a commander that had both unlocks, but when do you really have range problems with the howitzer on anything larger than 2v2?

The additional range you get is not what huge. You pay 50 mun to get another mortar barrage, and its in no way worth it. Note, if you use the ability at outside of the firing range of your arty they move in and start barraging from max distance hence the spread is insane. Nothing has changed expect the price so everything I said earlier still stands:

Indeed, 50 munitions just for an immediate second barrage, requiring risking a doctrinal unit to get within range to pull off, is hardly an advantage Id even consider using.
At least UKF's base howitzers have no range limitations and can be used from a variety of sources from infantry to forward assembly. Maybe Coordinated Barrage ability should just mimic that instead?
28 Jun 2017, 10:21 AM

1.8.1 Notes

OKW changes

With consultation from DevM and a lot of playtesting from Bene, Old Shatterhand and TheLieutenant, we are also announcing our changes to USF

USF changes

28 Jun 2017, 10:24 AM
Patrion 26

Mr. Smith is it possible to change the possition of some abbilities in the grid right down? I hate that if a unit has one ability it is sometimes on the Y key and sometimes on the V key. Shouldnt this be the same for all units? If a unit has one ability then it is on Y, if two then Y and X, if three then Y X C, if four Y X C V?
28 Jun 2017, 11:30 AM

1.8.1 Notes

M36 Jackson
We are turning Jackson into a slugger unit (creating better more expensive m10). That way, the USF faction will have the ability to have a stock vehicle that can chase and knock off enemy tanks.

- Accuracy from 0.05/0.045/0.035 to 0.06/0.05/0.04 (to match other tank destroyers)
- Health from 480 to 600
- Range from 60 to 55
- Cost from 360MP/125FU to 400MP/145FU
- Weapon is now disabled for 4 seconds when HVAP is toggled. HVAP ready aim-time from 3 to 0.125

Imo the changes to M36 are in the wrong direction. The unit is simply too good at dealing with all type of vehicles.

For instance the Ostheer Stug had its penetration lower and it can deal with heavies and thus has the role as a counter to mediums while on the other hand the Panther has the role of a counter to heavies.

On the other hand the M36 with high accuracy (and accuracy on the move, long range (still out-ranges all Ostheer vehicles accept Elephant), high penetration, high damage and sight bonus can counter all Ostheer vehicles from Stug, to PZ IV, to Brumbars, to Tigers even to Panthers.

The chances of scoring a "natural hit" and penetrate a PZIV at range 55 (15 units away from PZIV can even return fire) are simply too high at 0.88.

The change of scoring a "natural hit" and penetrating medium tanks at range 50+ need to go down in the vicinity of 50-55%.
28 Jun 2017, 11:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jun 2017, 07:50 AMnee
They already do tournaments via mods so I hardly think there is any need for pushing these changes to become live game, that honestly smacks of arrogance.
Well said buddy. The way the duo is using coh2.org for publicity and promoting their mod is rather disgusting.

Looking at the new USF buffs, I think this mod won't make it into the live game. Maybe %1 of the suggestions could be used, but not more.

Check this: who are the most vocal people on this thread which has the most extreme points of view?
A-Pro players
B-Top ranked players
C-Players with an actual playercard/replays uploaded to the site
D-People who we do not know which mode they play, at what rank they play or if they actually play the game.

Group E: Players who have like 1000 games as one faction and 20 games as the other side, and yet they proclaim themselves to be a balance designer.

28 Jun 2017, 11:47 AM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

Great. But changelog in the main post is very long
28 Jun 2017, 12:15 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

Teching progress bar
- LT/Cpt/Major progress bar will appear as the relevant command posts are being unlocked

EPIC :clap:
28 Jun 2017, 12:25 PM

Hey @Mr.Smith, if you need some help rebalancing the Brits, I can help you a bit, cause I´m mainly British player right now :)

PAGES (56)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS