Login

russian armor

Eastern Front Armies Revamp

PAGES (56)down
16 Jun 2017, 23:43 PM

wow, the kubel had 4 points of armor? Now I know why it bounced 70% of my shots
16 Jun 2017, 23:47 PM

most changes are reasonable while some are just wtf/unclear.

-demos to secure flank ? mines will do it better (engine damage/suppression) and at a cheaper cost. demos will only be cool to trap building now. it's a huge blow to soviet.

- Molotov is bad, for its tech cost and throw speed. Tech cost is the same but molotov become more expensive. it's even less attractive now. Maybe ppl will tech it when they reach vet2 since it will finally become "viable" but i believe the throw speed should just be fixed from the start. Now cons scale a bit better thru veterancy (&moltov! haha) but will cost more and still won't be on par other maine line infantry.

-the whole point of partisan was the shock value. now they won't be good when spawned and won't perform any better on the long run. AT partisans may be doomed. AI partisan may still do ok to spawn > decap > mine and ambush whatever come to recap.

-not sure about kv-1 change. already not a meta commander, the change do bot exactly look like a buff. (each time i go kv1, my random mate is like "ewww kv-1")

-mother russia now only give a sprint on allied territory ? not sure if there is anything else but for 100 ammo there better be.

-always found obersoldaten strong (instant pin lmg lulz) so the price reduction... Even more for fallshirmjager, soviet shock troop cost 390 and are only good at close range but they cannot gap close anything without losing the fight (the only way to have them do something is wait behind a sightblocker). Yet you reduce the price of fallshirmjager which are super strong at all range (+, unlike partisans their value isn't all about spawning). i think they will overperform (their upgrade won't hold em back at all, unlike partisan).

16 Jun 2017, 23:48 PM

Eventually all will be removed. However, we haven't done USF and Brits yet.

Why not just make reinforcement cost 33% higher for frp. Why just remove it from the game all together. Why keep trying to make all factions the same.
17 Jun 2017, 00:22 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jun 2017, 23:47 PMHven
most changes are reasonable while some are just wtf/unclear.

-demos to secure flank ? mines will do it better (engine damage/suppression) and at a cheaper cost. demos will only be cool to trap building now. it's a huge blow to soviet.

- Molotov is bad, for its tech cost and throw speed. Tech cost is the same but molotov become more expensive. it's even less attractive now. Maybe ppl will tech it when they reach vet2 since it will finally become "viable" but i believe the throw speed should just be fixed from the start. Now cons scale a bit better thru veterancy (&moltov! haha) but will cost more and still won't be on par other maine line infantry.

-the whole point of partisan was the shock value. now they won't be good when spawned and won't perform any better on the long run. AT partisans may be doomed. AI partisan may still do ok to spawn > decap > mine and ambush whatever come to recap.

-not sure about kv-1 change. already not a meta commander, the change do bot exactly look like a buff. (each time i go kv1, my random mate is like "ewww kv-1")

-mother russia now only give a sprint on allied territory ? not sure if there is anything else but for 100 ammo there better be.

-always found obersoldaten strong (instant pin lmg lulz) so the price reduction... Even more for fallshirmjager, soviet shock troop cost 390 and are only good at close range but they cannot gap close anything without losing the fight (the only way to have them do something is wait behind a sightblocker). Yet you reduce the price of fallshirmjager which are super strong at all range (+, unlike partisans their value isn't all about spawning). i think they will overperform (their upgrade won't hold em back at all, unlike partisan).

Demos are cancer, pure and simple. Most people who play against that shit loathe them. That said I have no issue with sov getting something to compensate their nerf. Personally I would prefer them to be something like a phosphorous bomb causing huge health damage and suppression but not excessive casualties.

Molotovs are difficult to balance because of oorah and cost. If they are to be better then they need to cost more and probably not be usable in conjunction with oorah. It is difficult, like all things sov.

The whole point of partisans was cheese, imo. So much of sov army is tedious bs. The changes are for the better. Time will tell if nerf was too much.

-mother russia now only give a sprint on allied territory ? Thought it applied everywhere. At any rate this was another cheesy bs sov ability. Although I have only encountered it once recently it was ridiculous when used with penals/cons throwing satchels and mollies everywhere. Answer me this, who is microing more, the axis player with mgs, sniper, morter, at guns or the sov play coming multiple directions with mother russia clicked. Give them something less cheesey.

17 Jun 2017, 00:59 AM
Patrion 14

Molotovs are difficult to balance because of oorah and cost. If they are to be better then they need to cost more and probably not be usable in conjunction with oorah. It is difficult, like all things sov.

While not logically wrong, the mod creators did opt to both nerf molotovs twice and oorah once. Molotovs now cost more as well as oorah. Add to that that molotovs can no longer be thrown further with vet further increasing the reliance on a now more expensive oorah.

To me it seems that the direction is not quite clear yet. In my opinion the cost increase would have more than compensated for the faster throw at vet 2. The increased cost alone is a nerf to molotovs until vet 2. Alternatively, trading more range for a faster throwing animation would have been a well enough trade-off. But having no increased throwing range, increased cost of molotovs and increased cost of oorah seems a tad too much.
17 Jun 2017, 02:42 AM

Increased scatter penalties from 1.25 to 2 to match other AI tanks

Which other AI tanks are you adjusting it to? Dont they have larger AOE to compensate?

Walking Stuka
- Health from 320 to 160
- Cost from 390/100 to 360/85
- Build-time from 60 to 45.
- Population from 14 to 12
- AoE distance changed from 2/4/6 to 0.5/5.5/7 (to give more consistent results)
- AoE damage far increased from 0.05 to 0.1
- Added scatter to stuka barrage (mortar)
- Added actual penalties for firing in the FoW
- Reduced damage vs buildings
- Vet2 bonus: ‘Saturation Fire’ ability. Allows the Stuka to attack in a circle rather than a line.
- Vet4 bonus: old Vet5 bonus

Incendiary Rocket barrage
- Available at Vet0
- Cost from 100 to 40
- Cooldown reduced from 150 to 120 (to match HE barrage)
- Shares cooldown with HE barrage
- Dot damage normalized with other flame weapons

Whats the reasoning for the reduction on building damage?

Also is the scatter and in-accuracy unchanged for the incendiary barrage? Is its Dot increased or decreased?

Flak Emplacement
- Weapon is now a copy-paste of FlakHT
- Projectile no longer collides with terrain
- Popcap from 4 to 2
- Hitpoints from 470 to 520
- Crew have a received accuracy modifier of 0.1

Wow, they just fixed the most useless unit in the game. Does the .1 accuracy modifier ensure its immune to sniper fire? Also as much as a OKW fanboi i am. I think copy-pasting this from the flackHT might be too good for its cost (what 20fuel) with its 45 range, 360degree arc.

LE.ig

Will its barrage bug be fixed? The one where you fire a barrage behind a shotblocker and it undershoots the barrage a good 20 range?
17 Jun 2017, 03:49 AM

a lot of buffs given to okw. they are going to be a way stronger army then they were, I hope brits and usa see similar changes and not a ton of nerfs, allies usually get tons of nerfs we will see
17 Jun 2017, 04:08 AM

I still can't find the okw changes. Can someone tell me where to find them?

Edit: nvm. I'm dumb.
17 Jun 2017, 05:39 AM

OKW starting unit
OKW now begins the match with:
- A kubelwagen
- 320MP starting manpower
So it will be logical consecution to unlock MG-34 like Wehrmacht.
17 Jun 2017, 06:28 AM

a lot of buffs given to okw.
How so? They got one of their most unique characteristics, the 5 level veterancy, removed. The 2 additional stars are cosmetics now, as most vet 5 OKW units are close to or weaker than their vet 3 allied equivalents.

The KT basically has the same AI potency as the PIV. SturmTiger, no point building it. The stuka is a refurbished PWerfer with even less lethality. The inc ability doesn't tickle MGs as they can still camp inside buildings with one man left.
17 Jun 2017, 06:41 AM

new changes for OKW is a joke ? no FRP anymore ? but UKF and USF have FRP !!
whaaaaaat ???? what are you doing ?
17 Jun 2017, 06:58 AM

EFA mod but it includes thousands of OKW/OST nerfs? How about calling it "let's destroy the axis factions and hence kill the already shrinking playerbase"?

+1
17 Jun 2017, 07:08 AM

So with OkW, the vet levels (like volks vet 1)that was not mentioned are unchanged and the ones that were wont have their current bonuses? For example; Volks vet wont have their received accuracy at vet 3 but instead gain it at vet 5 and their healing will be at vet 4. If this is the case what would they have at vet 3?

Just a little confused. Like the tech cost change through, obers and jagpanzer can come earlier.
17 Jun 2017, 07:52 AM

+1

+1 and agree 100% with MarioSilver. You'd think with the flop of DoW3, Relic would be much more concerned about inept "balance" adjustments to their still-existing franchises... but I guess not.

As is, the broad nerfs to Axis are ridiculous against what are essentially buffs to all Soviet units save for DShKA. Especially the removal of FRP for OKW (not even an Eastern Front Army, you frauds!) while USF/UKF retain theirs... complete nonsense.
17 Jun 2017, 08:37 AM

I don't like this idea:
MedHQ
- Forward retreat point completely removed
Better give FRP to wermaht & sov.
LOL WUT. The strongest infantry in game need buff?

Obersoldaten
- Cost from 400 to 340
- Population from 10 to 9
- Upgrades from 60 to 80 munitions (both LMG and STG)
- Reinforce time to 9 from 12.5. Build time to 36 from 50.

Fallschirmjäger
- Have stationary pathfinder-like camouflage at Vet 0
- Population from 8 to 9
- Call-in manpower cost reduced from 440 to 340

All other proposal seem not so bad.
17 Jun 2017, 08:38 AM

changes for EFA is good thank you but pls leave OKW, USF and UKF. as a axis and USF player i believe new changes for OKW is ****
17 Jun 2017, 08:38 AM
Patrion 14

Love that the FRP is gone. I trust and hope that the USF and UKF versions will follow later :)
17 Jun 2017, 08:39 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jun 2017, 08:37 AMTAKTCOM
MedHQ
- Forward retreat point completely removed
I don't like this idea. Better give FRP to wermaht & sov. All other proposal seem not so bad.

LOL WUT. The strongest game infantry need buff?

Obersoldaten
- Cost from 400 to 340
- Population from 10 to 9
- Upgrades from 60 to 80 munitions (both LMG and STG)
- Reinforce time to 9 from 12.5. Build time to 36 from 50.

Fallschirmjäger
- Have stationary pathfinder-like camouflage at Vet 0
- Population from 8 to 9
- Call-in manpower cost reduced from 440 to 340

+100
17 Jun 2017, 09:30 AM

OKW vet has already been nerfed in a previous patch. No need to make it even worse.

Meanwhile the Panzer IV gets only a slight penetration buff while the near penetration of the T-34/85 goes down by a whopping 40.

Getting rid of the OKW forward retreat means that there is no reason at all to build the med truck outside of the base... which was kind of the key feature of OKW. Again: Trucks - like the vet - also have been nerfed already.

Tuning down the gun performance versus infantry of the big German tanks also means Germans get further on the backfoot against superior Allied infantry blobs.

Elefant getting a barrage that is only usable between 60 and 70 range? How is that ever going to work?

This is real nerfs to units and "compensating" with the most useless of "buffs".

Frankly big parts of this patch are terrible.
17 Jun 2017, 09:32 AM

Can't wait till they go to USF and Brits. I see Brits is going to be a looong list.
PAGES (56)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 61
Germany 21
unknown 19

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %